Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

Banned

It might be a good idea to compile a list of all Creed fragrances, their batch numbers and the variations. I received my 4oz SMW this morning and although I love it, would have liked it to be a bit stronger on the blackcurrant. Having said that, I was lucky with Aventus (got the 'A' batch) and my VIW is divine.

I think a dedicated thread could really help everyone who's thinking of buying Creed fragrances.

I almost wonder if the variation is slightly intentional. Think about it - if the batches were such that no two (or only a few batches) were alike, then you could provide your customers with an nearly unique & signature fragrance while still offering all of them a similar experience. It doesn't sound like the worst idea, but it makes the fragrances unpredictable for the consumer. What do you think?
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Quote Originally Posted by OlfactoryExperience View Post
    I almost wonder if the variation is slightly intentional. Think about it - if the batches were such that no two (or only a few batches) were alike, then you could provide your customers with an nearly unique & signature fragrance while still offering all of them a similar experience. It doesn't sound like the worst idea, but it makes the fragrances unpredictable for the consumer. What do you think?
    I believe that what you have stated is what they want us to think, that the product is "one-of-a-kind" and "every bottle is different in its own unique way" ...but honestly I think it's just inconsistencies that they try to sell as uniqueness. Quality control has always been an issue for Creed and I gotta say, I'm a little scared since I'm purchasing Aventus soon and I feel as if I'm playing the lottery after reading so many horror stories!

Maybe they do it so they can sustain the image of finely handcrafted batches made from only the finest natural ingredients...lol Sad thing is, handmade goods made from recipes have more consistency!

I think it stinks, because while dealing with some variation is fine- especially if they are using natural materials- the wild variations I've heard about are just absurd. With something like perfume, you're usually after the whole package, otherwise what is there to distinguish one scent from another? With a finite number of ingredients, after a certain point, the only variation is the quantity in each recipe.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

If I am dishing out megabucks to buy a particular scent then I would want THAT scent in my bottle! If there is a color variation it is understandable but there should NOT be a variation of scent as this is what we are paying for.

This is insanity.

If variation is going to be the norm for CREED, so should returns made by customers who don't like a specific batch.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    It is unacceptable for there to be so much batch variation from such a reputable house.
    If they retail for $50 per bottle, I wouldn't mind the inconsistencies.
    Current infatuations:

1. M7
    2. Encre Noire
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. A*Men
    5. Chergui

I am not willing to do intensive research on batch variations for any of their scents which besides GIT last like 4 hrs on my skin. I think that it is completely absurd that a reputable house such as theirs marks the inconsistencies in their batches as uniqueness. Come on people let's get real! I know there are a lot of great scents that you can get your nose on without having to cross your fingers about which batch you received.

I am no expert by far, but what I would like to find out is how the fragrance is held in suspension. For those that find Creed batch variations intolerable, I feel you pain. Of all the Creeds that I own and have owned, what I get is not batch variation, but rather application variations. The top and middle notes seem to vary different ways from the same bottle on different days, but overall they're the same scents that I know and love and always smell good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    The first time I tried Aventus, it was this very pineapply and musky (a relatively strong and smoky musk) thing that - although it smelled good - wasn't something I saw myself wearing.

But this past week I took my time with a different batch. In this batch the strongest note is red apple (a very accurate apple too) which is an underrated note now that I have smelled it. There is a little pineapple in there too but it's in the background, and the musk/smoke is barely there. This is definitely something that I could use as a signature scent. Amazing stuff.

The problem is I don't know what I'll get if I buy a bottle.
    Currant, apple, juniper, synthetic moss, ambergris, and white musk are my favorite aventus notes....I need to know the batch number on that bottle you tried!!

Cerel9 I have tried aventus from five different places in retail and am yet to experience any variations. If you can send samples of your batches that wpuld be great. I am willing to pay or trade samples.
    -

If you bought your Aventus from an authorized Creed outlet, and you are experiencing a quality control issue, bring it back to where you bought it and ask for a refund/replacement. Since Creed only distributes their product through reputable outlets, it shouldn't be a problem.
    The reason I can say this is, I once had bought a Creed candle from a grey market discounter, and it did not burn properly. I called Creed and they said they would gladly replace it if it were only purchased from an "authorized dealer."

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Cerel9 I have tried aventus from five different places in retail and am yet to experience any variations. If you can send samples of your batches that wpuld be great. I am willing to pay or trade samples.
    IMO and experience, there were only a few batches made last year that didn't quite live up to the standard. They have been well documented in another thread. There were also a few batches from last year that I thought were really good (e.g.,C42B10J01--a few flacons still available at Bloomingdale's Garden City NY, ask for Theresa). To hedge, I bought a good supply. The batches from 2011 (e.g, C42B11N01) are very excellent, IMO. Except for the weak flacons and bottles still in the pipeline, it looks like Creed has solved the problem. Of course, here at BN the batching issue (or any Creed matter like a packaging change) is greatly dramatized...and it doesn't take much to stimulate the avowed Creed haters and fragrance bottomfeeders!

Aventus wears very well on me. It has been a delightful surprise how wearable/ flexible it is. I am a bit anosmic to it as after several hours I think it is gone, but others sometimes remind me that they like it or I'll catch whiffs of it. I know I would have no problem returning a sub-par batch of anything (did that with Aventus).

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    I am no expert by far, but what I would like to find out is how the fragrance is held in suspension. For those that find Creed batch variations intolerable, I feel you pain. Of all the Creeds that I own and have owned, what I get is not batch variation, but rather application variations. The top and middle notes seem to vary different ways from the same bottle on different days, but overall they're the same scents that I know and love and always smell good.
    Agree thats really sad
    Yes I'm 15, yes I'm Young, Yes i Got Money, and Yes I'm damn proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    IMO and experience, there were only a few batches made last year that didn't quite live up to the standard. They have been well documented in another thread. There were also a few batches from last year that I thought were really good (e.g.,C42B10J01--a few flacons still available at Bloomingdale's Garden City NY, ask for Theresa). To hedge, I bought a good supply. The batches from 2011 (e.g, C42B11N01) are very excellent, IMO. Except for the weak flacons and bottles still in the pipeline, it looks like Creed has solved the problem. Of course, here at BN the batching issue (or any Creed matter like a packaging change) is greatly dramatized...and it doesn't take much to stimulate the avowed Creed haters and fragrance bottomfeeders!

Aventus wears very well on me. It has been a delightful surprise how wearable/ flexible it is. I am a bit anosmic to it as after several hours I think it is gone, but others sometimes remind me that they like it or I'll catch whiffs of it. I know I would have no problem returning a sub-par batch of anything (did that with Aventus).

Martin
    Martin thanks for the note. I am really curious to experience this for myself and experience the claims that some batches are so different so as to be two different fragrances. If you, Cerel9, or any other member who has samples of these different batches, I am interested. I also stated this in the original Aventus variation thread but found no takers. Its an open offer so anyone who has these wildly varying batches please let me know as I would like to smell them for myself and be part of this madness.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by ahep2007 View Post
    It might be a good idea to compile a list of all Creed fragrances, their batch numbers and the variations. I received my 4oz SMW this morning and although I love it, would have liked it to be a bit stronger on the blackcurrant. Having said that, I was lucky with Aventus (got the 'A' batch) and my VIW is divine.

I think a dedicated thread could really help everyone who's thinking of buying Creed fragrances.
    I second that. I would love to get a bottle of MI that has a stronger watermelon opening note rather than a bottle that lacks it, and this is the of the reason i refuse to purchase MI. The opening is what makes the bottle stand out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Martin thanks for the note. I am really curious to experience this for myself and experience the claims that some batches are so different so as to be two different fragrances. If you, Cerel9, or any other member who has samples of these different batches, I am interested. I also stated this in the original Aventus variation thread but found no takers. Its an open offer so anyone who has these wildly varying batches please let me know as I would like to smell them for myself and be part of this madness.
    I only have what I feel is a very satisfying Aventus batch, referenced above. I can recommend it without reservation. I did write previously about a strange Aventus experience I had when visiting with Roberto F several months ago. I inquired about the batch variation and named the weak batch lot#. We pick up the Aventus tester sitting on his display table, and is a what I thought was problematic lot! After sampling it with Roberto I was shocked and bit embarassed that it was perfectly fine!! This was a batch that I previously thought was missing the fruity-pineapple top. It made me wonder if there was some kind of separation going on in the vat from which the bottles were poured. When I saw the lot number prior to sampling I'm thinking, okay now someone connected with Creed USA will understand what is happening...but that is not what ocurred.

Martin

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

With the newest Aventus bottles, I noticed the longevity has been toned down. I used to get 8-10 hours on my skin from the earlier bottles. Now i get 4-6 hours on my skin from the newer bottles. The same idea applies to projection. Does anyone have this issue?

The batch I discuss in the OP (the good one) is from lot no. C42B10K04.

I just received A42B10K03 from Matthew at Parfums Raffy. Very happy with it, theres a slight leathery smell that is almost peppery to my nose. I love it though, very masculine scent.

Sorry to perpetuate this thread, but I wore some of my "good" Aventus on the back of my hand today. Really an amazing scent. I don't get any disgusting smoke/ash...If anything, there may be a very slight leather in the opening, although it's very faint. Lots of citrus and pineapple throughout the entire fragrance. I need to find P. Diddy somewhere, and convince him to rip this off.

My favorite one has to be A4210E01, anyone selling?
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    My favorite one has to be A4210E01, anyone selling?
    Mine too

Default Re: Aventus owners

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Wow, buying a bottle of Aventus seems to require a lot of work. Good luck to everyone.
    I really want to buy Aventus but I have to agree with Kevin here. Taking a shot in the dark on a $200 fragrance is not to my liking.

I just got a bottle (120 ml) of Aventus with batch no. A42B11S01. Opening is very fruity and it is not smoky. I sprayed this at the back of my hand at 6.30 in the morning and it is now past 3 in the afternoon and I can still smell it. I bought the bottle at the Paris Gallery in Dubai, UAE and I’m happy with it.

sancherr - My bottle of Aventus wasn't that smokey at first. After a few months the smokey note became stronger. Perhaps it was just my nose at the time.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone here actually confront any of the Creed reps (or the actual company) over this? It just seems like such an obvious problem, I would be curious what the company has to say (since the Reps are likely just fed information, and don't have insight into the production of these fragrances).

How many different batch numbers are there currently for Aventus?

Just caught a nice whiff of myself 19 hours after application. Got close to 10 compliments last night. The room was full of 1Million and AdG. It was almost too easy. Whatever is in that stuff, people absolutely love it on me.

I also got the same lot number for my Aventus I just bought from Fragrancex.com . I had sold an older bottle and decided to see if there was a great difference. I have to say it is quite ashy in the opening and slightly less itneresting than my previous batch which was quite nice but was far more potent. That bottle was so strong that its odor would take over the room. This one is more tame. I wish there was a good batch for me to try. Overall, I wouldnt' say I'm disappointed but am more puzzled.

I want to know if this is actually a problem or that I am mentally setting myself for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by weylin View Post
    VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Lot#S42B11S01

Just received a couple of days ago from FragranceX. I got a reasonable discount so I went for it.

Zero pineapple, black currant or apple. Just an ashy scent similar to CDG Zagorsk but not as strong or interesting.
    Lasts 5 minutes. Zero sillage.
    I'm no Creed-basher like many here at Basenotes, just check out my review for Himalaya.

It's going back tomorrow.

Boo-urns!

Just bought batch C42B10K03 (120 ml bottle).
    I don't know about the other batches and I didn't smell them at all. So it's hard for me to compare.

However, few points here

1. Aventus is a perfume that we tend to get used to it very quickly. I mean, after 5-10 minutes max, we just cannot smell it anymore. Call it fatigue, call it whatever you want, but Aventus is this kind of perfume that disapear after a while in our nose.

2. Even though we cannot smell ourselve, let say 10-30 minutes after application, people around us will smell our perfume.

3. Lasting power is not one of the best, but my wife and my kids can smell it on me after 8-10 hours. However, to notify it, they have to be close. On my skin, the only fragrance that last forever are Ambre Fetiche, Encens Flamboyant, Kouros and MKK serge lutens. I would say Aventus is average/long in the lasting power department

4. Projection is awseome for the first 3-4 hours. I usually spray 3-4 pouchhs on my chest and even after 3 hours, as soon as someone is entering in my office they will notify my perfume.

5. This is the best compliment getter of all. I have never, I say NEVER get so many positive comments about a perfume than with Aventus. It's crazy. Girls from their 20s to 70s all like it and ask what is that. Some cutes girls at my job just pass by my office to take a sniff. Some of them wants to buy this to their husband/boyfriend for christmas. On the street, at the supermarket, at the restaurant, at the gym and even at the Tim Horton drivethru girls keep sayins it's smell soooooo good !

6. I am pretty sure that the impact of batch number is very minimal. Let say, you do a blind test with every single batch number, and I am almost sure you won't be able identify the best from the worst.

Batch number issues and concerns are more related to the nose fatigue than the batch itself.

It's quite normal that after 3-4 straight days of application, you won't smell it as much as the first time you had the chance to smell it.

Aventus just dissapear for us, but is still present for everyone else around us.
    Tristan Lavoie
    Mari, infidle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

I think it's crazy for a cologne that costs THAT much, you need to hope you get a good batch.

No olfactory fatigue here, I can smell it for the duration... It is VERY strong stuff, and stays that way for many hours. That's part of the reason it gets so many compliments.

Also, I think batch variation also have to do with how long it's sat in the bottle.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    This is the best compliment getter of all. I have never, I say NEVER get so many positive comments about a perfume than with Aventus. It's crazy. Girls from their 20s to 70s all like it and ask what is that.
    this has been my experience as well. half way through a 4.0oz bottle and I've never received so many compliments on a fragrance.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Aventus does play tricks with the olfactory senses, sometimes I have to give it a break before using it again. It is a long lasting attention getter for sure an definitely one of creeds best fragrances...

Sorry to bring this thread back to the top...

Just want to suggest everyone who is getting too much smoke or ash from the fragrance to apply LESS fragrance and see if they get more topnotes. I have noticed this today as I was applying several sprays (6-8) in the morning and today applied just 4. I got much more fruit in the opening than I used to...

I have a 120 ml bottle of the original C4210EO1 batch from when Aventus was first launched. I got it in John Lewis in London and I've loved it from the start. Recently, however, I've noticed a somewhat unpleasantly sharp note immediately after spraying. I've always stored my bottle properly and replaced the cap properly. After the dry down, things seem to return to normal.

I assume fragrances change over time (a year and a bit in this case). It seems the original gloriously fresh pineapple first note of this batch has matured to a much less appealing something.

Or maybe it's me.

Can you request batch numbers from creedboutique? Im looking 2.5 or 4oz size of A42b10k03.

I still find it puzzling how many people claim to have bought batch #************ and hate it, yet I can't find anyone selling or trading bottles of Aventus. you Creed trolls crack me up.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

I stand very firmly in Creed's court. However, I do have to endorse these claims of batch variance. My experience with Aventus has been shifty. I took home a scented strip from Saks on a Monday and I got a really sophisticated, musky scent with a lot of fir. So much fir, in fact, that I was convinced that this would be a good fall fragrance. The scent on the strip was still quite strong on Saturday, and I purchased it on Sunday. When I purchased my 2.5 oz bottle (batch a42b11no1), I received 2 samples of the same fragrance. I decided I would use the samples first and the instant I opened a sample I had buyer's remorse and I became really disheartened. Sweet, sticky, summery. I used the samples, but not before applying some to a piece of cloth. The sample fragrance lasted-and this is generous-one day before only the detergent-y musk remained. I threw caution to the wind and sprayed the bottle, only to win what may be a lottery. It smelled fine. Musky, fir, fall. I'm still gonna buy from Creed. But I can see how people would want to stop playing while they're ahead (or behind).

Has anyone noticed that the this batch rule doesnt apply to the 1 oz bottles? I just purchased a 1oz Bottle with Serieal number starting with an S.
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

I just bought my from NM and I am getting 8-10 hours from it. Batch No. A42B11N01
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    I just bought my from NM and I am getting 8-10 hours from it. Batch No. A42B11N01
    i also have that batch and have no complaints at all

Does anyone have the batch number A42B11S01 and would care to comment on it?

Quote Originally Posted by frrrrrrunkis View Post
    i also have that batch and have no complaints at all
    Great batch, the blackcurrent in the opening is much stronger than other batches but it sure is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyNZ View Post
    Does anyone have the batch number A42B11S01 and would care to comment on it?
    sancherr says it is a good batch.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...=1#post2273074

I just got an Aventus flacon from Neiman Marcus today batch C42B10J01. That's weird because that is a batch from 2010. The good thing is I've had this batch before and it was good. A few months ago I ordered from Neiman Marcus and got batch C42B11N01 which is also nice. I've decanted at least 8 flacons of Aventus and a few of the batches were "ashy" but I wore some from that "bad" batch today and still got a compliment at work.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    I still find it puzzling how many people claim to have bought batch #************ and hate it, yet I can't find anyone selling or trading bottles of Aventus. you Creed trolls crack me up.
    still waiting

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

still waiting
    I just bought a "good batch" off of another BN member so you can breathe a sigh of relief now.
    Last edited by Partario; 2nd November 2011 at 08:36 AM.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

I have got batch 'C42B10K03' from Creed Counter at Siam Paragon in Bangkok --the SA is really nice-- and I did not smell the ash, all I get in the top note is dark pineapple. I spray it last night before going to sleep and I still able to smell it now.

By the way, it is suck that you buy a pricey niche , but you need to hope you get a good batch.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Herms Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermssence: Ambre Narguil

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    I have got batch 'C42B10K03' from Creed Counter at Siam Paragon in Bangkok --the SA is really nice-- and I did not smell the ash, all I get in the top note is dark pineapple. I spray it last night before going to sleep and I still able to smell it now.

By the way, it is suck that you buy a pricey niche , but you need to hope you get a good batch.

That's interesting, i want to say the batch you just mentioned is one that is documented as being one of the worst, as far as nothing buth smoke/ash and zero fruit. I have this batch but have not really touched it in months, so i will revisit myself to see if i have a different impression. I do recall it having good longevity but not the fresh/bright fruit notes other batches I've sniffed have had.

still waiting
    no longer waiting, just purchased another 4.0oz and should have it this week. I'll report back on my findings as this will be a third batch number for me.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    That's interesting, i want to say the batch you just mentioned is one that is documented as being one of the worst, as far as nothing buth smoke/ash and zero fruit. I have this batch but have not really touched it in months, so i will revisit myself to see if i have a different impression. I do recall it having good longevity but not the fresh/bright fruit notes other batches I've sniffed have had.
    It has dark fruit notes, not quit fresh, but it is still have fruit note that I can tell from the 1st spray that it is pineapple note.

The counter at Siam Paragon is the exclusive Creed counter in Thailand as Mr. Erwin Creed, the 7th generation of House of Creed, went there on 22-23 Nov, 2010.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 7th November 2011 at 04:55 AM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Herms Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermssence: Ambre Narguil

Received C42B10KO2 3 days ago. Quite different from the sample I bought from the perfumed court in late August. Will gladly part with this batch if anyone is interested....

^ smoky/ash batch I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by dmnw View Post
    Received C42B10KO2 3 days ago. Quite different from the sample I bought from the perfumed court in late August. Will gladly part with this batch if anyone is interested....
    what size?

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    ^ smoky/ash batch I'm guessing?
    I actually loved the smokey aspect of it when I purchased the decant from the perfumed court. But this batch I got from the creed boutique was too intense. Figured if I bought straight from the boutique less chance of a bad batch.....not so much.

what size?
    30ml

Just ordered a small sample of C42B10K04 Ill let you guys know how it is!