Code of Conduct
Page 82 of 196 FirstFirst ... 32 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 5879
  1. #2431
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Houston Tx
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Awesome thanks guys! Looks like i'll be taking a little trip to nm tomorrow. :-D

  2. #2432

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Herbert, chuck and aaron.. how is the smoke/fruit ratio of the ZZ01? I'm thinking of getting a 8.4oz flacon. And is the longevity really that good? I have a choice between the ZZ01 and 2014 A01 btw.
    I have both batches. Can't tell the difference. Both fruity with not a lot of smoke

  3. #2433

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I have the A01 batch, it's a superb batch! A good balance between fruit&smoke! This one lasts 20+ hours on me (no joke!)

  4. #2434
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    McHenry IL
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheredjaredgo View Post
    I'm gonna confuse everybody a bit more and say that 13ZZ01 is in my opinion a very good batch mostly fruity and super long lasting.
    I just wanted to know how it compared to 13Z01. Can anybody compare the two?

    These are one of the few two batches that to me are so close I cant tell the difference. At first I thought ZZ01 was a little weak but like all my creeds it has got some air and its pretty good. I still prefer 14A01 but thats just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Felito View Post
    I have the A01 batch, it's a superb batch! A good balance between fruit&smoke! This one lasts 20+ hours on me (no joke!)
    This has been my experience with A01. I really get shocked when I see guys who say that this batch is a poor performer. But of most of the comments that I have seen saying that I think only 1 or 2 of them I would say are credible.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 30th August 2014 at 12:25 AM.

  5. #2435

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    hi basenoters has anyone had experience in the UK ordering flacons from creed uk ? if so can you request a particular batch? as i would like to get the newer 2014 batches? as i currently have the uo2 from 2013 which i do not like at all as it is too fruity for my liking

    thanks

  6. #2436
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    McHenry IL
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio2012 View Post
    hi basenoters has anyone had experience in the UK ordering flacons from creed uk ? if so can you request a particular batch? as i would like to get the newer 2014 batches? as i currently have the uo2 from 2013 which i do not like at all as it is too fruity for my liking

    thanks
    If it is too fruity for you you may find the 2014 batch to be more of the same. If you want a smokier batch I would look into T01 from 2013 and even 2013 W01 has a moderate amount of smoke. The 2014 batch I have smelled has virtually no smoke to my nose.

  7. #2437

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    If it is too fruity for you you may find the 2014 batch to be more of the same. If you want a smokier batch I would look into T01 from 2013 and even 2013 W01 has a moderate amount of smoke. The 2014 batch I have smelled has virtually no smoke to my nose.
    I imagine that 2014 and later batches will have a lot less smoke. The newest EU regulations severely impact the strength of the birch note, which tends to come across as smoke.

  8. #2438
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Houston Tx
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio2012 View Post
    hi basenoters has anyone had experience in the UK ordering flacons from creed uk ? if so can you request a particular batch? as i would like to get the newer 2014 batches? as i currently have the uo2 from 2013 which i do not like at all as it is too fruity for my liking

    thanks
    If you like the smokier batches keep the U02.. I just had that batch and it was really smokey compared to the ZZ01 batch i have now. If its new give it a few months cuz when i first got the U02 it was really fruity & after 3 or 4 months it got smokier.

  9. #2439
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    McHenry IL
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    I imagine that 2014 and later batches will have a lot less smoke. The newest EU regulations severely impact the strength of the birch note, which tends to come across as smoke.
    these regulations are really bothering me. It should be a wear at your own risk situation. I have yet to see a case where someone died from fragrance and if they did there were other very curious circumstances surrounding the case. How do you ask an artist to create a masterpiece if you take away their paints?

  10. #2440

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    these regulations are really bothering me. It should be a wear at your own risk situation. I have yet to see a case where someone died from fragrance and if they did there were other very curious circumstances surrounding the case. How do you ask an artist to create a masterpiece if you take away their paints?
    You're not allowed to have art if it offends anyone. Welcome to the new logic.

  11. #2441

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Hello everyone, I've been trying to hard to acquire a bottle of Aventus for quiet some time, and recently I've decided to purchase a bottle. I've been doing my best following several different blogs regarding batch variations and etc, but for me I guess I like the fruitier batches more. I thought about buying one from fragrancenet or Nordstrom/Creed Boutique Online, but I wanted to ask the community here for an advice. Is it worth it to spend more money and just buy it straight from retail/online shop (which in a way guarantees good recent batches), or buy it from fragrancenet and not know which bottle you're going to receive? I'm in a dicey position, but at the end of the day, I don't mind spending full $350 if it guarantees a strong, powerful, and long-lasting batch of Aventus. Any ideas? Thanks.

  12. #2442

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 2eZ4Mins View Post
    Hello everyone, I've been trying to hard to acquire a bottle of Aventus for quiet some time, and recently I've decided to purchase a bottle. I've been doing my best following several different blogs regarding batch variations and etc, but for me I guess I like the fruitier batches more. I thought about buying one from fragrancenet or Nordstrom/Creed Boutique Online, but I wanted to ask the community here for an advice. Is it worth it to spend more money and just buy it straight from retail/online shop (which in a way guarantees good recent batches), or buy it from fragrancenet and not know which bottle you're going to receive? I'm in a dicey position, but at the end of the day, I don't mind spending full $350 if it guarantees a strong, powerful, and long-lasting batch of Aventus. Any ideas? Thanks.
    This is entirely up to you. Many will suggest purchasing from discounters since you can receive the same juice, but I would much rather purchase at full price. It is more expensive, but by purchasing from Creed direct or an official retailer you are guaranteeing authenticity, fresh juice, and proper storage (and high end customer service if these fail). Plus I prefer the experience of walking into a store that I like and purchasing a bottle from a SA with whom I have developed a sampling relationship. There are certainly cheaper options, but for me this is the preferable one.

  13. #2443

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Speaking of the U02 batch, I have this one and when I first got the bottle I believed the projection and longevity were a little less than desired. Fast forward a few months, and this batch is a strong performer. I get moderate projection (although Aventus is hard to gauge for me), but as for the longevity, I can smell it days later on my clothes.
    Current Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Amber Absolute
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
    Bleu de Chanel
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme

  14. #2444

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    This is entirely up to you. Many will suggest purchasing from discounters since you can receive the same juice, but I would much rather purchase at full price. It is more expensive, but by purchasing from Creed direct or an official retailer you are guaranteeing authenticity, fresh juice, and proper storage (and high end customer service if these fail). Plus I prefer the experience of walking into a store that I like and purchasing a bottle from a SA with whom I have developed a sampling relationship. There are certainly cheaper options, but for me this is the preferable one.
    You're guaranteed all these things when purchasing from fragrancenet too.

    @ 2eZ4Mins make your purchase from fragrancenet. Batch variations are completely blown out of proportion here, and if you think you've gotten a "bad" batch, you can always return it.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 1st September 2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Currently wearing: Tzora by Anat Fritz

  15. #2445
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    McHenry IL
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    You're guaranteed all these thing when purchasing from fragrancenet too.

    @ 2eZ4Mins make your purchase from fragrancenet. Batch variations are completely blown out of proportion here, and if you think you've gotten a "bad" batch, you can always return it.


    I would also recommend perfumes4us on ebay. The dude is stand up and I have always got great service and good product. Its hard to get fresher than the new 2014 batch with the new style atomizer. I guess I just believe in a dollar saved is a dollar earned. I take no pride in paying full price. To me, it only means you have more money than you do smarts. And just because you pay full price, doesnt mean anything. There are plenty of people asking top dollar for grey market creeds. The only way to guarantee anything from anyone is to do your homework and know what to look and smell for.

  16. #2446

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    my 120ml

    11S01
    with atomizer issue


  17. #2447

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    I would also recommend perfumes4us on ebay. The dude is stand up and I have always got great service and good product. Its hard to get fresher than the new 2014 batch with the new style atomizer. I guess I just believe in a dollar saved is a dollar earned. I take no pride in paying full price. To me, it only means you have more money than you do smarts. And just because you pay full price, doesnt mean anything. There are plenty of people asking top dollar for grey market creeds. The only way to guarantee anything from anyone is to do your homework and know what to look and smell for.
    Amen, brother, amen.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  18. #2448

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    You're guaranteed all these things when purchasing from fragrancenet too.

    @ 2eZ4Mins make your purchase from fragrancenet. Batch variations are completely blown out of proportion here, and if you think you've gotten a "bad" batch, you can always return it.
    With reputable discounters you will probably get an authentic bottle, but there are also gray market bottles from the Middle East in the mix. Moreover they will not have the most recent batches, and those that are not fresh may have been stored improperly. Having had bad experiences with shady Creeds from FragranceNet and Amazon (direct), I decided to get all my bottles from official retailers.

    As for the batch variations, they are not blown out of proportion. There are significant variations. That said, like most things, it operates on a bell curve, so most batches will smell relatively similar. And incidentally, I am not sure that there are any "bad" batches of Aventus (I can certainly think of a bad batch of GIT however), though you might receive one that is not to your taste.

  19. #2449

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Having had bad experiences with shady Creeds from FragranceNet and Amazon (direct), I decided to get all my bottles from official retailers.
    Please tell me more about these "shady" Creeds you got from Fragrancenet and Amazon. What was so shady about them?

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    With reputable discounters you will probably get an authentic bottle, but there are also gray market bottles from the Middle East in the mix.
    So? Are you implying that bottles destined for the middle east are not authentic, or that they are different from the bottles that are meant to be sold in the US?
    Currently wearing: Tzora by Anat Fritz

  20. #2450

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Thank you all for the speedy responses. Since I've already mentioned that I'm willing to spend the full $350 to guarantee the latest and freshest juice, I think I'll go ahead and order from either Creed Boutique or Nordstrom. I live in Oregon and having ordered from Nordstrom in the past, I know it takes around 3-5 days for delivery. Creed Boutique however is shipping from the East Coast and the website has indicated that it will take at-least 5 days for delivery. I know fragrances can get damaged during the shipping (mostly heat issues) process so it would make sense to order from Nordstrom. Now does anyone know the difference between Nordstrom's Aventus and Creed Boutique's Aventus? My gut feeling tells me that ordering it straight from the Creed's site would increase my chances of getting the latest juice over Nordstrom, but again, I'm not sure. I have absolutely no idea why I'm being so picky, maybe because I've never dropped this much money on a bottle of cologne. But 5 days of ground shipping may result in my bottle being exposed to heat for a long time. Anyway, I know for a fact that I'm spending the full price on a bottle of Aventus, the next and final question is where. In the state of Oregon, Nordstroms don't carry Creeds, which means that direct purchase from any retailers is out of the picture. I've sent Creed an email asking them what the batch number would be if I purchased a bottle this week.

  21. #2451
    Basenotes Plus
    tensor9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,669

    Default Aventus batch numbers

    If you want control of the batch you receive, contact the Creed Boutique on Madison Ave at (212) 439-7777. They are operated independently from www.creedboutique.com.

    Call them up and let them know what you're looking for. They'll send it to you with no shipping charges and some samples.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  22. #2452

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Please tell me more about these "shady" Creeds you got from Fragrancenet and Amazon. What was so shady about them?

    So? Are you implying that bottles destined for the middle east are not authentic, or that they are different from the bottles that are meant to be sold in the US?
    Sure I'd be happy to. I purchased Royal Oud from Amazon direct. It is a middle east bottle, was obviously improperly stored, and smells like nail polish remover. Had the same experience with a bottle of GIT from FragranceNet.

    Bottles from the middle east may be authentic in that they are manufactured by Creed, but the juice either was bad to begin with or was decimated by the time it spent in hot warehouses or in transit. I'm sure other people have had different and good experiences, but this was mine. YMMV, however for me, it was enough to justify the extra money.

  23. #2453

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 2eZ4Mins View Post
    Thank you all for the speedy responses. Since I've already mentioned that I'm willing to spend the full $350 to guarantee the latest and freshest juice, I think I'll go ahead and order from either Creed Boutique or Nordstrom. I live in Oregon and having ordered from Nordstrom in the past, I know it takes around 3-5 days for delivery. Creed Boutique however is shipping from the East Coast and the website has indicated that it will take at-least 5 days for delivery. I know fragrances can get damaged during the shipping (mostly heat issues) process so it would make sense to order from Nordstrom. Now does anyone know the difference between Nordstrom's Aventus and Creed Boutique's Aventus? My gut feeling tells me that ordering it straight from the Creed's site would increase my chances of getting the latest juice over Nordstrom, but again, I'm not sure. I have absolutely no idea why I'm being so picky, maybe because I've never dropped this much money on a bottle of cologne. But 5 days of ground shipping may result in my bottle being exposed to heat for a long time. Anyway, I know for a fact that I'm spending the full price on a bottle of Aventus, the next and final question is where. In the state of Oregon, Nordstroms don't carry Creeds, which means that direct purchase from any retailers is out of the picture. I've sent Creed an email asking them what the batch number would be if I purchased a bottle this week.
    As it has already been mentioned, you can specifically request the batch number if you call Creed and order. Given your desire to pick a specific batch, it might be worth reviewing the feedback on this forum, selecting a batch, and requesting it from the Creed boutique. The new 2014 batches (14A01 and later) will probably suit your needs.

    You make some good points on shipping, however I have ordered from Europe to sunny California before (which took a lot longer than 5 days) and the fragrance arrived just fine. I suspect that the heat experienced during shipping isn't extreme, or perhaps it is simply not a long enough duration to harm the fragrance. Either way, I wouldn't worry about the shipping aspect, as long as you aren't leaving the package on your porch for a while.

    Ordering from Nordstrom or the Creed Boutique will be just fine. I wouldn't worry about it at all. Enjoy your juice .

  24. #2454
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    McHenry IL
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    With reputable discounters you will probably get an authentic bottle, but there are also gray market bottles from the Middle East in the mix. Moreover they will not have the most recent batches, and those that are not fresh may have been stored improperly. Having had bad experiences with shady Creeds from FragranceNet and Amazon (direct), I decided to get all my bottles from official retailers.

    As for the batch variations, they are not blown out of proportion. There are significant variations. That said, like most things, it operates on a bell curve, so most batches will smell relatively similar. And incidentally, I am not sure that there are any "bad" batches of Aventus (I can certainly think of a bad batch of GIT however), though you might receive one that is not to your taste.
    Thats simply not true. Creed themselves have been known to sell old stock. Case in point the mystical appearance of 7 or 8 17 ounce z01 flacons that they sold just about a month ago. Many discounters have the new bottles. I just got a 4 ounce aventus from perfumes4us that is the 14A01 batch with the new atomizer. I know of only one batch newer than that and the boutique still has the 14A01 in stock. And nearly all the reputable discounters offer a return policy on items people arent happy with for any reason. Most of them end up selling those returned bottles at a further discount for people who want an even better deal. This idea of "improper storage" can happen at any point in transit from its country of origin. Even the bottles destined for the boutique could have been exposed to poor conditions in transit as your relying on the integrity of the shipping company. Just because its sold by the boutique doesnt mean something didnt happen on its way to the boutique and they have been known to sell old stock. Sure there are discounters selling Arab Market fragrances. I have bought a ton of them. Some directly from countries like Kuwait and dubai. Honestly, they take fragrance very very seriously over there. And I have yet to get anything even slightly off. I do however agree that I dont know of a bad batch of aventus. Different? Yes. Bad. Not really.

  25. #2455

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Seriously? How are they not part of Creed Boutique? That's interesting, I might give them a call tomorrow. Now what's the longest lasting/fruity batch? I want a bottle closer to 2014/current batch.

  26. #2456
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    109,400

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 2eZ4Mins View Post
    I have absolutely no idea why I'm being so picky, maybe because I've never dropped this much money on a bottle of cologne.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with being picky especially when one is putting out a sizable amount of money. The important thing is that you are completely satisfied with what you choose to buy and have peace of mind.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  27. #2457
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    McHenry IL
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 2eZ4Mins View Post
    Seriously? How are they not part of Creed Boutique? That's interesting, I might give them a call tomorrow. Now what's the longest lasting/fruity batch? I want a bottle closer to 2014/current batch.
    basically what it means is the boutique has an estore that operates independently from the boutique to handle the load of online purchases from customers who dont care which batch they get and need limited hand holding. If you need something special and want that 1 on 1 experience you dial them up directly and speak to one of the associates. Some disagree with me and some have confirmed my beliefe that the 14A01 batch is the one to have from the recent ones produced. I have said it before and I will continue to say that I feel its one of the best batches so far. I think many will appreciate the new atomizer as well that does not waste as much juice.

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with being picky especially when one is putting out a sizable amount of money. The important thing is that you are completely satisfied with what you choose to buy and have peace of mind.
    This I actually agree with. While I do not in any way shape or form agree that you are guaranteed to get a better or fresher product by paying full retail I do agree that in the end the end users happiness is the most important thing. And if that means buying directly from the boutique then so be it. Whether its placebo or not if paying top dollar is the only way to guarantee satisfaction then its money well spent.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 2nd September 2014 at 01:59 AM.

  28. #2458

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    basically what it means is the boutique has an estore that operates independently from the boutique to handle the load of online purchases from customers who dont care which batch they get and need limited hand holding. If you need something special and want that 1 on 1 experience you dial them up directly and speak to one of the associates. Some disagree with me and some have confirmed my beliefe that the 14A01 batch is the one to have from the recent ones produced. I have said it before and I will continue to say that I feel its one of the best batches so far. I think many will appreciate the new atomizer as well that does not waste as much juice.



    This I actually agree with. While I do not in any way shape or form agree that you are guaranteed to get a better or fresher product by paying full retail I do agree that in the end the end users happiness is the most important thing. And if that means buying directly from the boutique then so be it. Whether its placebo or not if paying top dollar is the only way to guarantee satisfaction then its money well spent.

    So I'm part of numerous different facebook groups (Fragrance Swap, The Fragrance Community, and etc), and someone has offered a bottle of Aventus 4.0 14A01 for $216 shipped via paypal. I think I might resort to this dude, seems like he's reputable. But I'll go ahead and purchase the 14A01, great longevity and projection and more fruity.

  29. #2459

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Laddies and Gents, I want to proudly announce that I purchased a bottle of Aventus 4.0 14A01 for $216 shipped via paypal from a reputable guy in Fragrance Swap. I think this is the best deal one can get for a legit Aventus with this batch number. When I checked out Perfume4Us, they were selling batch (LT42C14C01) for $224. I went a head and purchased it from the "guy" on facebook. This is the most money I've spent on a bottle of fragrance and knowing that I got a good batch for an exceptional price, I'm happy as of now. I'll update with pics upon arrival. This dude is sending it from PA and said 3-day shipping would be provided for me. Now let the time tick

  30. #2460

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Sure I'd be happy to. I purchased Royal Oud from Amazon direct. It is a middle east bottle, was obviously improperly stored, and smells like nail polish remover. Had the same experience with a bottle of GIT from FragranceNet.

    Bottles from the middle east may be authentic in that they are manufactured by Creed, but the juice either was bad to begin with or was decimated by the time it spent in hot warehouses or in transit. I'm sure other people have had different and good experiences, but this was mine. YMMV, however for me, it was enough to justify the extra money.
    Tmoran's post sums up my thoughts on the issue, but nail polish remover? Really? C'mon man. I think you may be exaggerating a bit. And what do you mean by "but the juice either was bad to begin with"? All the bottles that Creed produce are meant to be sold by authorized dealers. The bottles sold by the Creed boutique are the exact same as the bottles sold on fragrancenet, only difference is they cost twice as much. Your post makes it sound like Creed are producing inferior or "bad" juice for the grey or Arab markets, which is completely untrue.
    Currently wearing: Tzora by Anat Fritz

Page 82 of 196 FirstFirst ... 32 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 132 182 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By mac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th April 2013, 03:44 AM
  2. Patou PH owners - how to tell if its gone off?
    By smellyliquid in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 06:55 AM
  3. Geir owners, I have a question
    By flee in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th April 2006, 03:09 AM
  4. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000