Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLeGrand View Post
    Just ordered a small sample of C42B10K04 Ill let you guys know how it is!
    i just got a sample of this BATCH.

it smells the exact same as the other 5 BATCHES i have smelled.

let The Great Delusion continue...

way to ruin the surprise

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLeGrand View Post
    way to ruin the surprise
    hahaha....

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    no longer waiting, just purchased another 4.0oz and should have it this week. I'll report back on my findings as this will be a third batch number for me.
    Absolutely no difference, identical to my 2010 bottle. You e-tards need to stop stirring the pot.

Batch #'s for reference:
    A4210G01C
    S42B11S01
    Last edited by PuddleMonkey; 10th November 2011 at 01:46 AM.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Absolutely no difference, identical to my 2010 bottle. You e-tards need to stop stirring the pot.

Batch #'s for reference:
    A4210G01C
    S42B11S01
    ++++

So let me get this straight.... correct if I'm wrong, but from skimming through this thread, the "general concensus" is that if the batch has more pineapple, it's better? And the more birch tar and oakmoss.. the worse?

I actually liked the smokiness in the C42B10K03 Aventus I tried.
    It's a welcome touch that IMO, isn't overdone like Tom Ford's smoky-fruity Japon Noir.

In a make-believe world, Creed would release two scents:
    1. Aventus Royal Pineapple
    2. Aventus Fumerie Noir
    ... and everyone would get what they want
    Last edited by moltening; 17th November 2011 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    So let me get this straight.... correct if I'm wrong, but from skimming through this thread, the "general concensus" is that if the batch has more pineapple, it's better? And the more birch tar and oakmoss.. the worse?

I actually liked the smokiness in the C42B10K03 Aventus I tried.
    It's a welcome touch that IMO, isn't overdone like Tom Ford's smoky-fruity Japon Noir.

In a make-believe world, Creed would release two scents:
    1. Aventus Royal Pineapple
    2. Aventus Fumerie Noir
    ... and everyone would get what they want

I was one of the ones who originally bashed this batch and said it was part of the "bad batches", and honestly, i now prefer this to the much fruiter pineapple batch that I have smelled. They are both great, but this one is a bit darker and lasts a hell of a long time..It gives you the best of both the fruit and the smokiness imo. The split I received from Kron is excellent as well.

Guys, can you please advise good seller on eBay who has the good aventus batch?
    Personally I think that it's all about psychology but anyway

p.s. Most paranoical thread on BN so far

Batch #'s for reference:
    A4210G01C
    S42B11S01
    I hope you are right and this batch is no different. Someone was bashing S42B11S01 on an earlier post on this page.

I just purchased the same batch,S42B11S01, from a fellow basenoters. I still have some from a decant from 2010 and some from a decant I got from Adeel. To me both of my decants are very much the same. I get the Pineapple but I love the smokey birch drydown. I guess I am going to have to wait about a week to be able to compare the different batches and see if there is some truth to this.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    I hope you are right and this batch is no different. Someone was bashing S42B11S01 on an earlier post on this page.
    who, weylin? he's canadian, what does he know.

fear not, you'll love it!

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

who, weylin? he's canadian, what does he know.

Yep, I guess he is the one. So, I am glad to hear reaffirmation from you. I can rest a little easier.lol

Now, I have to save a little dough and get me some more Straight to Heaven and some Rose Oud. I would also love to try some of that Incense Oud by Kilian. I hope that this house does not have the same issues with batches as we're seeing here with Aventus.ha

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I just got an Aventus flacon from Neiman Marcus today batch C42B10J01. That's weird because that is a batch from 2010. The good thing is I've had this batch before and it was good. A few months ago I ordered from Neiman Marcus and got batch C42B11N01 which is also nice. I've decanted at least 8 flacons of Aventus and a few of the batches were "ashy" but I wore some from that "bad" batch today and still got a compliment at work.
    I also have a bottle from batch c42b11n01, and agree that this is a great batch. No ashy smell what so ever

I also own a decant of batch C42B10K04, and easily detected the "ash" that you guys mentioned.
    Last edited by wampa; 25th November 2011 at 06:24 AM.

I just bought a 75ml from department store John Lewis here in the UK. On the box, it gives the lot number as C42B11U02 but the bottle says S42B11X01. Do you guys think this is a problem? They had 10% off which is unusual, but surely department stores wouldn't be selling dodgy items?

Quote Originally Posted by smogster123 View Post
    I just bought a 75ml from department store John Lewis here in the UK. On the box, it gives the lot number as C42B11U02 but the bottle says S42B11X01. Do you guys think this is a problem?
    I'd have a problem with it!

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

I'd have a problem with it!
    this

did you purchase an "open" boxed item? or was it sealed?

Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    this

did you purchase an "open" boxed item? or was it sealed?
    they don't come "sealed"

if it was store purchased odds are some retarded employee or possibly customer (why customers would have access to them is beyond me) had more than one out of the box at the same time for whatever reason and just got them mixed up.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

they don't come "sealed"

if it was store purchased odds are some retarded employee or possibly customer (why customers would have access to them is beyond me) had more than one out of the box at the same time for whatever reason and just got them mixed up.
    lol you're right

Yep, there's no 'seal'. Do you think I should take it back tomorrow then?

Depends... do you like the smell of this batch #? Do you plan on using the entire bottle or is trading something you partake in?

If you like the smell and you plan on using the entire bottle yourself, I don't see a reason to risk getting a batch number you feel isn't as nice. Personally I don't see a difference in smell from batch to batch but others here will say otherwise.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by smogster123 View Post
    Yep, there's no 'seal'. Do you think I should take it back tomorrow then?
    if you like it then keep it

Depends... do you like the smell of this batch #? Do you plan on using the entire bottle or is trading something you partake in?

If you like the smell and you plan on using the entire bottle yourself, I don't see a reason to risk getting a batch number you feel isn't as nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    if you like it then keep it
    These.

I must say you were right. I just received my Aventus batch number S42B11S01. I don't find it that much different from my prior 3 batches. It still has the same great aroma and great drydown. I wore it to work today to see if it would last all day as my others do. And indeed, it did. I came home around 630pm and my wife could still smell it. But since we were going to a Sports Banquet for my daughter's Volleyball team, I decided to give it one more spritz for good measure. I must say, I am happy with this bottle also. So far, I don't think you can go wrong with Aventus. If someone has a bottle that they don't like, send me a sample. I would like to try it. Like I said, the only bottle that I found slightly inferior was the one in St Marteen, but God knows if it was me an the Olfactory fatique one suffers with this scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentdawg View Post
    I must say you were right.
    I always am

I just got another 60ml's in a trade, smells the same as my other two bottles. I'll update my post with the batch number shortly.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Batch #'s for reference:
    A4210G01C
    S42B11S01
    Add C42B10K03 to the list

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Just got a 4oz bottle.

Batch:

A42B11N01

The opening is fruity: a lot pineapple and a little bit of apple (I wish I got more of apple...).

One half hour after: smokey, quite smokey!
    Not the typical Creed background, very different from GIT, MI, SMW...

Have read that Aventus could be consider as unisex.... I can't confirm that, Aventus smells very male imho.

More intriguing than expected, Aventus is a mystery to me, a new fragrantic adventure...

NB: The packaging is very classy!

Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    The batch I discuss in the OP (the good one) is from lot no. C42B10K04.
    This batch is the good one with the red apple you speak of? I have a 50ml decant of this one and i believe its been well documented that this is one of the "ashy" batches with minimal fruit. I don't have my decant infront of me but I beleive that is the batch number. I enjoy it, even though i have smelled more "fruiter" batches, but this one is more toned down and more of the smoke/ash throughout the fragrance. I think all batches smell good, but i have to admit i have been able to notice some didfference but maybe thats just because were paying such close attention to it.

Default Re: Now I understand what they mean by Creed Aventus batch variations

Could batch variations be explained, at least partially, by how old the bottle is?

Just received batch S42B11S01 as well. Almost 2 hrs in and it's very strong, fresh, masculine. I did 3 sprays total, one to each wrist and one to the chest. Pineapple, leather, smoke, all representing well with no particular note infringing on the others. Had asked opinion of other basenoters on this batch when it first arrived today, but I broke over and sampled my Christmas present! Glad I did! Love it! From what I remember about my perfumed court sample, this is way more alive and vibrant. Looking forward to the next few hours to see how it hangs around.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    Just received batch S42B11S01 as well. Almost 2 hrs in and it's very strong, fresh, masculine. I did 3 sprays total, one to each wrist and one to the chest. Pineapple, leather, smoke, all representing well with no particular note infringing on the others. Had asked opinion of other basenoters on this batch when it first arrived today, but I broke over and sampled my Christmas present! Glad I did! Love it! From what I remember about my perfumed court sample, this is way more alive and vibrant. Looking forward to the next few hours to see how it hangs around.

To follow up on my inital experiance with Aventus (batch #S42B11S01), I found it quite strong on me throughout my first full wearing. I got Over 8+ hrs(still going strong when I went to bed). I never had to go searching for the scent, it consistantly made itself known, reminding me with wafts of fruit, and a beautiful smokey leather. The scent was present on my shirt in the morning at 4-6" away. The only thing I was not crazy about, which may not be important but is worth mentioning, is the black material on the bottle. I was expecting a leather-like material, but it is like a foil sticker with thin black spray/overlay that can scrape off where it adjoins at the back. So far, I really like the scent, the longevity, the silage, and look forward to seeing how well it does in additional wearings...which will be after it's opend back up on Christmas Simply love this! What a great unique scent this will be in my collection.
    Last edited by paradigm; 7th December 2011 at 10:22 PM.

Does anyone know if the bottles currently sold on FragranceX are good?

I just received a S42B11S01 and I'm happy with it.
    First I get the normal pineapple hit then it mellows to the woody leather drydown.
    But then I seem to get the fruit notes back after a while, which I really like.

is there a running thread that lists the currently sold creed batches at fragrancex/fragrancenet?

Quote Originally Posted by blaowbb View Post
    is there a running thread that lists the currently sold creed batches at fragrancex/fragrancenet?
    No there isnt. You may be able to get an answer by emailing or calling those websites but im not sure if they are able to keep track or that information.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    No there isnt. You may be able to get an answer by emailing or calling those websites but im not sure if they are able to keep track or that information.
    thanks. it would be interested if people reported what batch they received after purchase.

I've smelt several 2011 batches and they are all great. I currently own A42B11N01, great longevity with a good balance of pineapple and woods....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKane View Post
    I just received a S42B11S01 and I'm happy with it.
    First I get the normal pineapple hit then it mellows to the woody leather drydown.
    But then I seem to get the fruit notes back after a while, which I really like.
    I got this same batch, and yes, its good.............smells like I showered in cactus cooler.

c4210e02 = fantastic!
    Last edited by blaowbb; 3rd January 2012 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blaowbb View Post
    c4210e02 = fantastic!
    Changed your mind pretty fast?

I have smelled and own 4-5 different batches of Aventus and though i think they all smell good, i can admit they are slightly different, however,this one recently released is hands down the closest to the original release, actually i think its better. This stuff is crazy as for as potency and longevity.

From a split from MysteryofTime, batch#C42B11X02

Looks like Creed cleaned their act up with this scent.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    batch#C42B11X02

Looks like Creed cleaned their act up with this scent.
    Agreed, I really like this batch too.

batch #: S42B11S01 - great one!
    Similar to bottle I bought when the frag was just presented in Moscow years ago.
    No ash! Very strong sillage and lasting at least 8 hours

Quote Originally Posted by EDJA View Post
    batch #: S42B11S01 - great one!
    Similar to bottle I bought when the frag was just presented in Moscow years ago.
    No ash! Very strong sillage and lasting at least 8 hours
    That's the one I also recently bought! I haven't opened it yet as I am still finishing a decant I had, but I was a bit afraid due to the negative comments here on that particular batch...

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    That's the one I also recently bought! I haven't opened it yet as I am still finishing a decant I had, but I was a bit afraid due to the negative comments here on that particular batch...
    2011 batches have been good, like this one as well.
    Enjoy.

No worry, open it and enjoy!
    Talked to creed representative in Russia and she mentioned that 2011 batch series are good.
    I suspect that there could be the problems not with the batch numbers.
    I think that main difference is the REGION.
    Most compliants I've seen were from US guys rather than Europe or middle east.
    Due the high demand on creed in USA there is a probabity that CREED, trying to cover demand, lost "some" control in production process. IMO for sure

Hm, I bought it in Thailand, actually. But I'm going to open it tomorrow and let you guys know if it is up to standard. Thanks for the information!

I have S42B11S01 as well as A42B11S01. They do smell identical, very fruity, enjoy it.

Basenotes Member

I've got A42B11S01, and I love it. I've gotten several compliments from it after only having it a few weeks. My question: what is the meaning of the S vs A in the serial number since everything else is identical?

So which stores are shipping the S or X batches? Im due for a new bottle very soon.

Thanks.

Hey guys. SERIOUS Creed question here as I'm wanting to purchase either Aventus or GIT.

I'm very weary of buying online with all of the "batch" mishaps.

I also don't want to spend a fortune.

Would it be better to buy a 50mL split (batch-confirmed, full-price authentic flacon) from the Basenotes Splits forum, or should I try my chances purchasing from an online retailer (fragrancenet, walgreens, etc.)?

I would love to have the real bottle rather than a decant, but I also want to make sure it's good juice.

Thanks for your opinions!
    You basenoters always help me out tremendously.

Jeff

Ok, I test-drove my Aventus batch #S42B11S01 last night and today, and: it smells fantastic indeed, but I must say the longevity doesn't appear to be as strong as the deacnt I had before. When I got home from going out last night, the arm with the decant still smelled pretty intensely, while the other one from the recent bottle had almost disappeared...

What is the decant lot #?

I don't know, unfortunately...

I received Creed aventus(S42B11S01) and althought I don't hate it, I'm not too find of this batch. I have sampled numerous samples and have liked most. I am going for that fresh, fruit, clean fragrance. This one has a Dryden that's very leathery. I spent full price on this bottle and want to know what everyone thinks about this batch. So let me know. Also, I have used all samples w/o atomizers(they have been the dab kind). Does anyone think this has anything to do with this? And does anyone think it will "change" with time. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 9th January 2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: removed marketplace language

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    I received Creed aventus(S42B11S01) and althought I don't hate it, I'm not too find of this batch. I have sampled numerous samples and have liked most. I am going for that fresh, fruit, clean fragrance. This one has a Dryden that's very leathery. I spent full price on this bottle and want to know what everyone thinks about this batch. So let me know. Also, I have used all samples w/o atomizers(they have been the dab kind). Does anyone think this has anything to do with this? And does anyone think it will "change" with time. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I just got this batch today. At first I thought the same thing as you. However, maybe it was just the first couple sprays were a bit weak or something because it's opening up very nicely. I don't smell any ash in this batch at all. I'm actually really starting to like it. It seems extremely crisp and fresh. I don't get the leathery drydown. I think we should give it a chance. I'll post more after a few days of testing.

I'm not sure about dab vs atomizer, but I would think there could be somewhat of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Chy View Post
    I just got this batch today. At first I thought the same thing as you. However, maybe it was just the first couple sprays were a bit weak or something because it's opening up very nicely. I don't smell any ash in this batch at all. I'm actually really starting to like it. It seems extremely crisp and fresh. I don't get the leathery drydown. I think we should give it a chance. I'll post more after a few days of testing.

I'm not sure about dab vs atomizer, but I would think there could be somewhat of a difference.
    Wow! Mine is nothing like this. I'm confused. Mine opened up good but then after time it mellowed down to a leather or "cloudy" nauseating smoke. I don't get it. I only used it two days and about 15 sprays total. Do you think it gets better over time? How much did you use it wore it got "better"? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    Wow! Mine is nothing like this. I'm confused. Mine opened up good but then after time it mellowed down to a leather or "cloudy" nauseating smoke. I don't get it. I only used it two days and about 15 sprays total. Do you think it gets better over time? How much did you use it wore it got "better"? Thanks
    Hey! I'm definitely not getting any smoky or nauseating smell. The sample I had I could sort of see where people would get this idea. With this one I am not catching a hint of ash/smoke. The pineapple or maybe the "freshness" is actually continuing longer than the sample I had. Maybe you are spraying too much? 15 sprays in 2 days seems like a lot to me. For me it got better very quickly, like just a few minutes. It was just my initial reaction was bad, but it was quite brief. Now it's smelling very nice (additional sprays smelling very good). I'll post some more about this batch over the next week.

Hey! I'm definitely not getting any smoky or nauseating smell. The sample I had I could sort of see where people would get this idea. With this one I am not catching a hint of ash/smoke. The pineapple or maybe the "freshness" is actually continuing longer than the sample I had. Maybe you are spraying too much? 15 sprays in 2 days seems like a lot to me. For me it got better very quickly, like just a few minutes. It was just my initial reaction was bad, but it was quite brief. Now it's smelling very nice (additional sprays smelling very good). I'll post some more about this batch over the next week.
    Thanks for the quick replies. Let me know what you think about the "juice" in the next few days or so. Thanks

You know. I took ur advice. I sprayed only one time. Seems to smell a lot better and is about the "strength" I'm used to. I'm used to dabbing it on out of the sample vial. This feels good on my neck. You can actually feel a "warming". Do u get that?

I recently got a decant and tried it yesterday. Not sure what the batch # is, unfortunately, but it has a kind of "clean" smoke type of thing going on, as well as a kind of green/leafy pineapple accord that lasts a long time. Any idea what # this one is? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I recently got a decant and tried it yesterday. Not sure what the batch # is, unfortunately, but it has a kind of "clean" smoke type of thing going on, as well as a kind of green/leafy pineapple accord that lasts a long time. Any idea what # this one is? Thanks.
    I don't know but the batch I have is definitely a pheromone enhancing scent. I'm keeping this one. My wife jumps my bones when I have this on. I'm keeping it lol