Code of Conduct

Default New Platinum Egoiste bottle featured on Macy's website

Just thought y'all would like to know. Hope I'm not repeating another post. Looks identical to the new Egoiste bottle.

Default Re: New Platinum Egoiste bottle featured on Macy's website

Yes, I happened to notice that , but thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me at first.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Looks a lot nicer to be honest. The cap on the older bottles is cheap and flimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post

Looks a lot nicer to be honest. The cap on the older bottles is cheap and flimsy.
    Modern new design, lol!
    More like recycled old design
    I love this vintage style bottle, the scent, not so much.
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

They should change the scents to what they used to be
    Who cares about the stupid cap!!!!!

New bottle looks better. I like the more compact design.

The cap has become smaller.. Are there any other changes?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    The cap has become smaller.. Are there any other changes?
    That's my question! If there's a reformulation, it could be toward less fougŤre (less coumarin, per IFRA/EU) and more rose (more …goÔste), both of which would be welcome, IMO. Looking forward to hearing what happened.

I will certainly check this out as I'm a fan.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I need it!!! even though I still have 50ML left of my current bottle of PE

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    That's my question! If there's a reformulation, it could be toward less fougŤre (less coumarin, per IFRA/EU) and more rose (more …goÔste), both of which would be welcome, IMO. Looking forward to hearing what happened.

WHAT?! You are talking about Egoiste and the thread is about Platinum Egoiste. There's neither coumarin nor rose in Platinum Egoiste. They both seem to be in Egoiste (not sure about the rose, it might be rosewood, not pure rose). Rosewood is the not that both Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste share, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_ View Post
    WHAT?! You are talking about Egoiste and the thread is about Platinum Egoiste.
    That's what I was thinking as well.

As someone who loves Platinum Egoiste but is not a fan of the other Egoiste, I hope that there is no change what so ever to the juice, only the bottle. No need to make it "more like Egoiste", Egoiste lovers have their juice, best to leave this one alone.

Checked this out today. I can't detect any change in juice at all. Whew. Still smells great!

That is good to hear. I did grab the last few old style (tall) bottles I could find at Sephora recently just in case, but it is good to know there is nothing to worry about in the future.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well.

As someone who loves Platinum Egoiste but is not a fan of the other Egoiste, I hope that there is no change what so ever to the juice, only the bottle. No need to make it "more like Egoiste", Egoiste lovers have their juice, best to leave this one alone.
    Love PE. It's woody and fresh in a himalaya kind of way will be picking this up on my next mall trip
    Seasonal rotation:

Original Santal
    Apple Brandy
    Tuscan Leather
    Silver Mountain Water
    Lyric Man

I've tested the PE from the new bottle only once. So far, I have noticed that it is (or maybe just seems to be) stronger than the one that I own. The batch code was 7403 or something like that.

PS I don't like this new bottle shape. The previous one looked better, more classy I would say. I don't know why they did that.

Martin, I would agree. The old one looked more majestic, bold, and made a statement. Though the new bottle holds the same amount of juice, I don't feel it looks more modern, in fact, I was thinking it must have been the 75ml size, but in fact it was the 100ml.

I totally agree with you Scentologist!
    Last edited by Felito; 28th August 2014 at 05:29 PM.

Both Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste always were and are available in 50 ml and 100 ml bottles as far as I remember. However A/S bottles are in 75 ml only.

I'm kind of interested in this one now that it's been rebottled and possibly reformulated. May have to repurchase it.

Same story here. And I'm considering selling an almost full bottle from 2012 (batch 5303) as both projection and longevity are very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    I'm kind of interested in this one now that it's been rebottled and possibly reformulated. May have to repurchase it.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    I agree.

For its price point, it's niche quality. Very good stuff indeed.

Disagree with niche quality, especially for this price point.

My employees gave me a Macy's gift card for my birthday, so I used it to buy the gift set of the newly designed bottle. I also picked up some Clarins moisturizing balm for my soon-to-be 47 year-old face. I'll let you guys know what I think about PE after I wear it.

What was included in that gift set and how much you had to pay for it?

$110. Included 3.4 OZ EDT and deo stick. Pretty steep, huh? But I scoured Macy's for something else to blow my card on and saw NOTHING. The clothing quality was really sad. I've been wanting this set since I saw it in SF in June, so, what the hey!!!

I wouldn't pay that much for such kind of set. But to each his/her own...

I'm happy to report that the scent is fantastic! Very rich and full, much more like the original version from a few years back. I wore just two sprays today and it's still very much with me, and I have a head cold! The new sprayer is a geyser like the Creed bottles. So, I'm happy with it. Just wanted to provide an update. This one has not been wrecked!

It has been wrecked earlier - the 2012 version (and probably 2011 as well) is such a castrate! But - I've noticed that as well (and think I've mentioned that here earlier) that Platinum Egoiste from the new bottle is stronger, sharper lasts much longer while the 2012 one is rubbery, flat and weak...

My report on 2014 version with new cap, batch 7902: Smells richer, fuller than my older version, and projection is a beast. They made it better, or so it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I'm happy to report that the scent is fantastic! Very rich and full, much more like the original version from a few years back. I wore just two sprays today and it's still very much with me, and I have a head cold! The new sprayer is a geyser like the Creed bottles. So, I'm happy with it. Just wanted to provide an update. This one has not been wrecked!
    Same price?

Quote Originally Posted by Russlan View Post
    My report on 2014 version with new cap, batch 7902: Smells richer, fuller than my older version, and projection is a beast. They made it better, or so it seems.
    Thanks Russian I love this scent and happy it seems to be fulfilling more potential. Very nice to know.

Great! Well that's a new release that seems not to have suffered much!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I sniffed the new version and plan to get it soon. Your assessment may be valid and from what I could tell, it certainly hasn't lost quality. It smelled really good.

The newest version is much better than the previous, and almost as good as the original. Chanel has made a good effort here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    The newest version is much better than the previous, and almost as good as the original. Chanel has made a good effort here.
    Totally agree - I'm nearing the drydown for today, and it is MAAAAJESTIC. Rich and expansive, love it.

Totally agree - I'm nearing the drydown for today, and it is MAAAAJESTIC. Rich and expansive, love it.
    The new version of Platinum Egoiste is the only one I know. For full bottles in my collection, this is my favorite and what I consider the most impressive or interesting, inlcuding DHI, Fahrenhiet, Opium EDP, and Bleu de Chanel. I'm always curious to read about it and how it gives people different impressions. From sampling, I might like Edition Blanche even more, and Eau Extreme equally well.

I just smelled this from the new bottle at my local Macy's--hadn't smelled it in years and I must say it smelled thin, synthetic and a little screechy--not the way I think of Chanel masculines but the truth is, that after their original For Gentlemen and Antaeus, everything else seems thin and synthetic to me. I don't know who they are targeting anymore......

I just purchased the new bottle. It is definitely different. This seems to have more of the peppery core and less of the aromatic musky metallic tones. I'll have to spend more time with it to be certain as I just sprayed this on and haven't gotten to the dry down. In a day or two I hope to know better how I feel about this.

Edit: Yes, this is very potent and high quality juice. It is still metallic and can now concur that it is more rich and opulent. A gentleman's cologne for sure. Love this stuff! Has a nice green musk quality about it. Glad to have this version.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 16th December 2014 at 09:55 PM.

Update again. Heading into the dry down is AMAZING!! Wow. I'd prefer this over many of my niche. Feel the same way about Un Jardin en Mediterreanee (guys, I can never spell that right, just overlook it lol)

Edit: I'm far into the dry down and I'm not digging this. I may actually prefer the original. I feel compelled to scrub this off for some reason.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 16th December 2014 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Update again. Heading into the dry down is AMAZING!! Wow. I'd prefer this over many of my niche. Feel the same way about Un Jardin en Mediterreanee (guys, I can never spell that right, just overlook it lol)

Edit: I'm far into the dry down and I'm not digging this. I may actually prefer the original. I feel compelled to scrub this off for some reason.
    For me, it's the smell of geranium that's there from the top, just with less other notes dancing around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanel1 View Post
    For me, it's the smell of geranium that's there from the top, just with less other notes dancing around it.
    I can understand that. I love the sprayer. A nice wide and even spray. I wore one spray to the gym. Huge projection and longevity.

this is great news, I sampled PE and I loved it and I wanted to buy a full bottle at some point. I'll just wait for these new bottles to reach shops around here.

I have a 2014 and a 2010 bottle of PE and can definitely detect a difference. It seems that the metallic note is stronger in the 2014 bottle and has better projection.

Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    I have a 2014 and a 2010 bottle of PE and can definitely detect a difference. It seems that the metallic note is stronger in the 2014 bottle and has better projection.
    I agree.