Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone found a definite way to wear Molecule 01?

I love the smell when I catch it but it comes and goes and no one else seems to smell it on me.
    Makes me baffled by all the reviews and video reviews I see saying how many compliments per day this gets and how people are wowed by it.

Default Re: Has anyone found a definite way to wear Molecule 01?

It's supposed to work on a 'subliminal' level, i.e. pheromone reaction

It was launched with this sort of gimmicky blurb

How else would you wear it but just spray away. It might be more lasting on fabric. What you are going for with Molecule 01 is Iso E Super which doesn't have much top note so you can't smell it close up too well. But it has a strong punch when smelled at 5 ft. - 12 ft. away as it has a potent silage wake of fresh cedar, refreshing transparent woods. It is difficult to smell up close but after it blends with your own body chemistry and odor you can smell it better.

I think iso e super smells better in combination with other ingredients. The CDG Incense Series for instance are predominantly Iso E so you get the transparency and cleansing aspect coupled with incense, woods and spice notes of various kinds. Avignon, Kyoto, Jaisalmer - these are all excellent ways to wear iso e. Iridium from Tom Daxon is built around iso e super too. Terre d' Hermes is predominantly this note as are some of the Le Labo scents - Rose 31 and Vetiver 46 are strong Iso e super fragrances. The best way to smell Iso E super is to combine it with other notes that will keep it compact enough to smell the molecule while these other notes hold it down so you can get a sense of of it. Its like trying to taste tonic in a gin and tonic w/lime - its the combination that works best.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; Today at 04:50 AM.

The closer to your nose that you spray it, and the more of it that you spray, the more likely you are to experience olfactory fatigue from it. For me, 3 to 4 sprays MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I think iso e super smells better in combination with other ingredients.

Terre d' Hermes is predominantly this note as are some of the Le Labo scents - Rose 31 and Vetiver 46 are strong Iso e super fragrances. The best way to smell Iso E super is to combine it with other notes that will keep it compact enough to smell the molecule while these other notes hold it down so you can get a sense of of it.

Its like trying to taste tonic in a gin and tonic w/lime - its the combination that works best.
    Yes, yes and more yes. Absolutely spot on.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

How about this, Is there any scent that smells identical to molecule 01 but that you can actually smell and is long lasting with awesome projection?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    How about this, Is there any scent that smells identical to molecule 01 but that you can actually smell and is long lasting with awesome projection?
    There can't be a scent that smells identical since Molecule 01 is nothing but Iso E Super diluted in alcohol. If you're having trouble smelling Iso E Super, the only thing that may help is to make the scent more complex by adding other notes, at which point, it no longer smells like Iso E Super anymore. It smells like Iso E Super and ___ with ___ and ___ etc.

Also: "but that you can actually smell" There's the challenge. I have no trouble smelling Iso E Super, so Molecule 01 works for me (but I rarely wear it since I find it kind of boring after an hour or so). But it sounds like you have trouble smelling it, so you'd be wise to give up on it. I had a similar problem with 2 Man by CdG. For whatever reason, it only seemed to last a few hours on my skin and then it was gone. Looking back, I realize the problem may have been olfactory fatigue. It didn't matter though since the end result was that the scent didn't work for me. I sold it and moved on to other scents that do work for me. There are so many amazing fragrances. Why stick with one that only frustrates you?

Good luck!
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Basenotes Junkie

layer it with other things. Best use i have found for it. Gives whatever you are wearing a more pronounced "base" or "presence"
    perhaps good for using with weak lasting scents. just an idea... no need to throw rocks
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior Privee, Chanel Exclusif, Creed, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, MOLECULE 01
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Usually go with one spray to th chest. Literally can smell it all day. Although have not recieved any verbal compliments on this, have experienced women getting closer to cop a waff at times.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Navyy8 View Post
    Usually go with one spray to th chest. Literally can smell it all day. Although have not received any verbal compliments on this, have experienced women getting closer to cop a waff at times.
    I wish I had gotten verbal compliments on molecule 01 as alot of people seem to get plenty of compliments on it. Unfortunately for my body chemistry and myself, no one smells this on me =/

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    There can't be a scent that smells identical since Molecule 01 is nothing but Iso E Super diluted in alcohol. If you're having trouble smelling Iso E Super, the only thing that may help is to make the scent more complex by adding other notes, at which point, it no longer smells like Iso E Super anymore. It smells like Iso E Super and ___ with ___ and ___ etc.

Also: "but that you can actually smell" There's the challenge. I have no trouble smelling Iso E Super, so Molecule 01 works for me (but I rarely wear it since I find it kind of boring after an hour or so). But it sounds like you have trouble smelling it, so you'd be wise to give up on it. I had a similar problem with 2 Man by CdG. For whatever reason, it only seemed to last a few hours on my skin and then it was gone. Looking back, I realize the problem may have been olfactory fatigue. It didn't matter though since the end result was that the scent didn't work for me. I sold it and moved on to other scents that do work for me. There are so many amazing fragrances. Why stick with one that only frustrates you?

Good luck!
    It only frustrates me because no one can smell it on me and as for myself it comes and goes. The only place I always can smell it is my wrists. Other then that I loveee how ti smells and am addicted, just would be better if others can smell it on me. O how I love compliments on my perfumes =)

Finalllyy!! It happened. I was grocery shopping with my buddy and some
    Older (40's) lady runs up to me who was working at the cheese counter she comes over to the bakery section where I now was and says 'excuse me wat cologne do u have on its driving me crazyy'