Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

I got another batch of C42B11N01 today for the latest split and its excellent as per the previous three. Unfortunately I asked for the free samples to be Aventus too and they sent me six vials of A42B10K04 and the difference is staggering.

The samples have very poor longevity, Has next to no potency/projection and doesn't smell pleasant. If you think people may have been exaggerating in the past when saying its all ashy and has no top notes then I can assure you they weren't. Its absolutely dreadful and has none of the characteristic of a good bottle. Its got more in common with a toilet bleach and the majority of the notes just aren't there.

If peoples first encounter with Aventus is one of these late 2010 batches then I'm not surprised they think its not worth purchasing. It should never have been bottled and made available for people to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    I got another batch of C42B11N01 today for the latest split and its excellent as per the previous three. Unfortunately I asked for the free samples to be Aventus too and they sent me six vials of A42B10K04 and the difference is staggering.

The samples have very poor longevity, Has next to no potency/projection and doesn't smell pleasant. If you think people may have been exaggerating in the past when saying its all ashy and has no top notes then I can assure you they weren't. Its absolutely dreadful and has none of the characteristic of a good bottle. Its got more in common with a toilet bleach and the majority of the notes just aren't there.

If peoples first encounter with Aventus is one of these late 2010 batches then I'm not surprised they think its not worth purchasing. It should never have been bottled and made available for people to purchase.
    The creed boutique has a 2.5 oz batch of c4211b01 and a 4oz of A42B11n01, which one should i go for? I heard both are very good, and according to you this batch is excellent.

I meant C42B11N01

I'm never sure what the letter at the start defines, Since neither are the same I can't really be sure if the 4oz one will be the same as the one I've got experience with due to the A/C switch.

edit - if its the same go for it, You won't be dissapointed with this batch. From what I've experienced so far its my favourite one.

I'm never sure what the letter at the start defines, Since neither are the same I can't really be sure if the 4oz one will be the same as the one I've got experience with due to the A/C switch.

edit - if its the same go for it, You won't be dissapointed with this batch. From what I've experienced so far its my favourite one.
    Ok thank you for the input, does the C batch have rich pineapple In the top and less ash?

yea, you can try batch C42B11N01 , i got it from Kron and i really like it.

I got another batch of C42B11N01 today for the latest split and its excellent as per the previous three. Unfortunately I asked for the free samples to be Aventus too and they sent me six vials of A42B10K04 and the difference is staggering..
    i would caution against comparing Aventus from a spray bottle to Aventus by dabbing on a sample. the atomizing of the fragrance makes a HUGE difference in how it behaves. dabbing Aventus on, it is very flat, with no projection or sillage.

if possible, try putting the sample vial into a very small atomizer (like the little guys that Nordstrom gives out). see how it is then.

Yeah thats what I do, I don't like using dabbing vials either.

Wow, buying my first car was easier than this! I will be ordering Aventus in directly from the Creed boutique. I plan to ask them the lot number they are sending me, and do some searching before hand. If I am satisfied with what I read, then I'll spend the 280 or w/e. However, if it arrives and it smells ashy, can I return it for a different batch provided I only enough to determine the scent?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGrappler View Post
    Wow, buying my first car was easier than this! I will be ordering Aventus in directly from the Creed boutique. I plan to ask them the lot number they are sending me, and do some searching before hand. If I am satisfied with what I read, then I'll spend the 280 or w/e. However, if it arrives and it smells ashy, can I return it for a different batch provided I only enough to determine the scent?
    It's best to ask this question to the Creed Boutique before you buy as some retail outlets will not let you return it if it has been used at all even one spray. This is to the fact that they cannot sell it used at full price and will lose money. So check before you buy.

Thank you, I have just sent an email to them via Creedbotique so I look forward to hear what they say. This really is a toss up for my signature scent for the next couple of years, Aventus or Reflection Man. I love both but can only afford one, oh the horror!

The Creed in NYC will allow you to exchange it....they are really good at taking care of their customers that way....

Just received my bottle a few days ago, have tried it on the day of arrival, and today for the second time. I had not read this thread before receiving it, and wouldn't have bothered if not for the massive disappointment and disillusionment I've had with this scent.

Based on reviews I was expecting heavy pineapple. What I got was a faint smoky scent, very weak. If this was a $10 cheap generic cologne I'd still have my expectations shattered. I smelt no pineapple. Let's ignore day 1, I decided to give it another shot today, properly, before going out.

I sprayed it 5 times (1 on each side of the neck, 1 to the chest, 1 to each wrist), and it was smoky again. I smelt a hint of freshness, and it actually did have a bit of resemblance (if you could get past the smokiness) to Joop Nightflight, which apparently is a pineapple scent as well. Maybe I don't know what pineapple smells like?

Anyway, within 5 minutes I still had trouble smelling any freshness, so I applied another 3-4 sprays, and once more on my shirt. Through the 2-3 hours I spent at a restaurant, I couldn't really smell more than faint whiff of 'freshness'. It's been about 4 hours now, and I still cant smell anything unless I hold my nose right up to my skin.

MASSIVE disappointment. I came to Basenotes to see what they had to say, and looked up my batch number (a42b10k04) and see it's not only me.

I can't believe I threw away so much money on possibly the worst blind buy I've ever had (outside of Alan Cumming's cologne). That said, I'm going to give it a few more tries. I remember I hated Zino Davidoff and M7 the first few times I tried them on, before coming to love them. But at least I could still smell those after applying! Not so with this POS Creed.

Unfortunately you've bought what many people consider to be the worst batch of Aventus out there. Another thing you've got to keep in check with Aventus is overspraying, Its a deceptively strong fragrance and you'll get the effect of not being able to smell it if overapplied.

Send it back if you're not happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Just received my bottle a few days ago, have tried it on the day of arrival, and today for the second time. I had not read this thread before receiving it, and wouldn't have bothered if not for the massive disappointment and disillusionment I've had with this scent.

Based on reviews I was expecting heavy pineapple. What I got was a faint smoky scent, very weak. If this was a $10 cheap generic cologne I'd still have my expectations shattered. I smelt no pineapple. Let's ignore day 1, I decided to give it another shot today, properly, before going out.

I sprayed it 5 times (1 on each side of the neck, 1 to the chest, 1 to each wrist), and it was smoky again. I smelt a hint of freshness, and it actually did have a bit of resemblance (if you could get past the smokiness) to Joop Nightflight, which apparently is a pineapple scent as well. Maybe I don't know what pineapple smells like?

Anyway, within 5 minutes I still had trouble smelling any freshness, so I applied another 3-4 sprays, and once more on my shirt. Through the 2-3 hours I spent at a restaurant, I couldn't really smell more than faint whiff of 'freshness'. It's been about 4 hours now, and I still cant smell anything unless I hold my nose right up to my skin.

MASSIVE disappointment. I came to Basenotes to see what they had to say, and looked up my batch number (a42b10k04) and see it's not only me.

I can't believe I threw away so much money on possibly the worst blind buy I've ever had (outside of Alan Cumming's cologne). That said, I'm going to give it a few more tries. I remember I hated Zino Davidoff and M7 the first few times I tried them on, before coming to love them. But at least I could still smell those after applying! Not so with this POS Creed.
    Haha, well I had one of the "good batches" apparently and your description/views matches mine. It's not only you... Aventus ranks among the top overrated fragrances in my books. It's a shame though because when it was first released and I tried it, I got all the fruit and I loved it... so it leads me to believe that when Creed first launches a line, it's quality.. and after a while, they use cheaper ingredients or something.. Same thing with MI, when it first launched, it smelled more fruity, the newer batches have way more salt.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumi่re Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

I am wearing Aventus today and am really enjoying it....although today was from a sample vial that I dabbed on.

Quote Originally Posted by drchipinski View Post
    The Creed in NYC will allow you to exchange it....they are really good at taking care of their customers that way....
    Ah, too bad I am located in New Zealand I have emailed ParfumsRaffy since Creed hasn't gotten back to me and they have C42B10K04 in stock, which according to some users here is a terrible ashy lot. Luckily, my friend has the same lot number and is sending me a 5ml sample so I can see for myself.

Thanks for all the replies.

You know what? Just don't buy Aventus if you don't like ash/smoke. Just don't! Who carers what batch you get, you'll moan! Jut get something you'll definitely like!!

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    You know what? Just don't buy Aventus if you don't like ash/smoke. Just don't! Who carers what batch you get, you'll moan! Jut get something you'll definitely like!!
    Or maybe I'll get a batch that reminds me of the one I smelled a few months ago in Singapore. The richest and freshest pineapple and apple plus the best note of vanilla I've ever smelt. No ash or smoke at all. I really don't think I'll moan after I get something that smells like that.

Thank you for your useless post.

Or maybe I'll get a batch that reminds me of the one I smelled a few months ago in Singapore. The richest and freshest pineapple and apple plus the best note of vanilla I've ever smelt. No ash or smoke at all. I really don't think I'll moan after I get something that smells like that.

Thank you for your useless post.
    It's supposed to smell smoky!! If you had a batch without the smokey qualities, THAT was the bad batch.

My original post was not aimed specifically at you, by the way.
    Last edited by boosh; 23rd July 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Today's batches are just not the same as the ones at launch. It's as simple as that. This scent was changed, and for the worse in my opinion. Glad I got enough of the original stuff to last me a lifetime.

Pretty much the same type of transition occured from Windsor I to Windsor II. Windsor I will never be back.. as I feel the launch Aventus will never be back. Get hunting if you are so inclined. For me, it was well worth it in both instances. Good luck all.

Got my aventus today A42B11N01 and the Pineapple is much more prominent than the last bottle I had (A42B10K02) Also the longevity is much better. With that said it's still not as good as the first batch I bought which was
    C4210E01, that batch lasted forever on my skin...
    Last edited by checker; 23rd July 2011 at 03:26 AM.

Quite interesting.

That happens easily when you believe a couple of Creed plants who blatantly hype up a given fragrance, rather than "trust but verify" with your own nose.

I never bought any Aventus, but I did spray from a N.M. tester two days in a row, which was enough, and I find your review rather mild.

I do regret your experience, though. Next time, try to go through divergent testimonies with a better sense of who seems to speak out truthfully and who seems to be attempting to increase the sales of a matchlessly shameless brand.

Now now Mazel-troll, the mods are watching, you have already had one thread locked two days ago..
    -

I should update; I decided to try the Aventus again today before heading out to work. 5 sprays (as I said earlier, it was very weak to my nose), and this time, I couldn't detect any of that smoke/ash that I'd previously detected. While I still can't smell any pineapple, and it seemed like a weak citrus scent to me, I wore it all day with no thought about it, until late afternoon when a female colleague, who I've known 2 years, complimented my cologne and asked what it was. It was particularly surprising as she's never complimented (or even mentioned) any of my previous scents in all the time I've known her, plus the fact that I could barely smell it.

I don't know, can a cologne take some time to 'settle' after air transport? I hope that's the case, and that smoke smell stays gone. I'll have to keep trying Aventus at least 2x a week, see how I go from here. I'm slightly less pissed off with this purchase now.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Today's batches are just not the same as the ones at launch. It's as simple as that. This scent was changed, and for the worse in my opinion. Glad I got enough of the original stuff to last me a lifetime.

Pretty much the same type of transition occured from Windsor I to Windsor II. Windsor I will never be back.. as I feel the launch Aventus will never be back. Get hunting if you are so inclined. For me, it was well worth it in both instances. Good luck all.
    This is simply not true.

I've had 3 Aventus's now. On opening day last summer (E01), a flacon in the winter (J01), and a bottle a couple months ago (K03).

Guess what... they are ALL THE SAME. If I had to sit down and was forced to conjur up a difference for the sake of controversy on a website, I would say that J01 batch has a touch more blackcurrant. Stop the presses!

However, I've used the same bottle on different occasions and this frag DOES react differently based on humidity, heat, and other factors. Boosh is 100% correct, this IS an ashy/birchy/oakmoss scent at its heart. If you don't like that, then MOVE ON! Sometimes, the pineapple/apple/fruity topnotes will last 5 minutes. Sometimes it will last 1 hour. This happens regardless of the batch, people.

As far as Windsor II, again, I own both and I regularly do wrist-to-wrist comparisons with no success in being able to distinguish a difference. I will say that the Windsor II lasts a little longer, so in my opinion, WII wins.

If you would look back at the original Windsor and Aventus threads, you will see that this whole entire "batch" controversy stems from the comments of ONE (i.m.o.) over-respected member. A member who over-invested in Windsor I and has an incentive to bash the second release, and this member also hated Aventus from the start and decided to wage a campaign against it by over-blowing the slight-to-nil differences in batch releases. I won't "out" this member... it's in the books as they say if you care to do some research.

The point is... not everyone will like every fragrance. If you don't like Aventus, that's fine. That's your personal taste. I like Aventus from the first sniff from the first batch a year ago, and I like Aventus from this morning's application from one of the latest batchs.

But just say "this fragrance isn't for me"!!! It's NOT some f'ing conspiracy from the folks at Creed to screw you over personally. And the people who claim this are either woefully gullible or fantastically egotistical. Or perhaps an unfortunate combination of both.
    Last edited by fumegator; 28th July 2011 at 01:26 PM.

I should update; I decided to try the Aventus again today before heading out to work. 5 sprays (as I said earlier, it was very weak to my nose), and this time, I couldn't detect any of that smoke/ash that I'd previously detected. While I still can't smell any pineapple, and it seemed like a weak citrus scent to me, I wore it all day with no thought about it, until late afternoon when a female colleague, who I've known 2 years, complimented my cologne and asked what it was. It was particularly surprising as she's never complimented (or even mentioned) any of my previous scents in all the time I've known her, plus the fact that I could barely smell it.

I don't know, can a cologne take some time to 'settle' after air transport? I hope that's the case, and that smoke smell stays gone. I'll have to keep trying Aventus at least 2x a week, see how I go from here. I'm slightly less pissed off with this purchase now.

I rest my case.

This thread is nothing but a rehash of this same experience x1,000. Please people, relax and live with the fragrance for a little while before you needlessly and ignorantly spout off.

Quote Originally Posted by fumegator View Post
    Boosh is 100% correct, this IS an ashy/birchy/oakmoss scent at its heart. If you don't like that, then MOVE ON!
    That's what I don't get about this whole thing - people saying they don't like the smokyness... It says on the Creed UK website that it is designated a "smoky floral".

When it comes to woeful differences between batches of Creed, differences substantiated not by one person, but by dozens of commentators, what the Creed salesmen would like you to believe is: nothing to see here, move on, folks, just keep handing out the dough to us, we're laughing at you all the way to the bank.

This is simply not true.

I've had 3 Aventus's now. On opening day last summer (E01), a flacon in the winter (J01), and a bottle a couple months ago (K03).

Guess what... they are ALL THE SAME. If I had to sit down and was forced to conjur up a difference for the sake of controversy on a website, I would say that J01 batch has a touch more blackcurrant. Stop the presses!

However, I've used the same bottle on different occasions and this frag DOES react differently based on humidity, heat, and other factors. Boosh is 100% correct, this IS an ashy/birchy/oakmoss scent at its heart. If you don't like that, then MOVE ON! Sometimes, the pineapple/apple/fruity topnotes will last 5 minutes. Sometimes it will last 1 hour. This happens regardless of the batch, people.

As far as Windsor II, again, I own both and I regularly do wrist-to-wrist comparisons with no success in being able to distinguish a difference. I will say that the Windsor II lasts a little longer, so in my opinion, WII wins.

If you would look back at the original Windsor and Aventus threads, you will see that this whole entire "batch" controversy stems from the comments of ONE (i.m.o.) over-respected member. A member who over-invested in Windsor I and has an incentive to bash the second release, and this member also hated Aventus from the start and decided to wage a campaign against it by over-blowing the slight-to-nil differences in batch releases. I won't "out" this member... it's in the books as they say if you care to do some research.

The point is... not everyone will like every fragrance. If you don't like Aventus, that's fine. That's your personal taste. I like Aventus from the first sniff from the first batch a year ago, and I like Aventus from this morning's application from one of the latest batchs.

But just say "this fragrance isn't for me"!!! It's NOT some f'ing conspiracy from the folks at Creed to screw you over personally. And the people who claim this are either woefully gullible or fantastically egotistical. Or perhaps an unfortunate combination of both.
    I don't know where you come off saying my own opinion and nose is somehow wrong. I would understand if I were the only one "ignorantly spouting off" (to use your terminology) but if you followed this thread as well others, there has definitely been significant batch variations since launch. I was just giving my own opinion and sharing it with others.

Disagreeing is fine, and you have every right to do so. However, I find your tone and mudslinging majorly hypocritical.
    Last edited by b0n3z; 28th July 2011 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Disagreeing is fine, and you have every right to do so. However, I find your tone and mudslinging majorly hypocritical.
    i apologize. it wasn't my intention to insult. i hereby retract anything along those lines.

it just seems like what happened to Joy happens to everyone with this scent....

Impossibly huge expectations > Initial hysterical disappointment > Eventual acceptance/happiness

I agree with bOn3z...new batches are not close to the original....not to my nose, or your nose, or people at Creed's noses and so on....

The new batches are good, just not as great as the first round....I even offered to buy a half used tester today at Saks. (batch ended in E...)

I feel like I need to make a move on Royal Oud now in case they change it as well.

PLANT!!!

But seriously, try applying even less. I think you may be fatigue-ing your nose. I got some off Kron. First time, I think I over-applied. Second time, I sprayed once to my shirt, and I could smell it on the shirt two days later.

I've got batch #C42B10J01 and I'm getting unreal sillage and longevity with it...as in I am still getting solid wafts of it 10 hours later, and that was with 1 spray to the chest, 1 to the neck, and then 1 on each arm. Even at the 5-6 hour mark, my Mom exclaimed she could "smell my cologne from a mile away." The only thing about this batch is that I'm getting very little of the supposed "royal pineapple" accord in the top. It smells very ashy and leathery...it actually smells like a wallet filled with crisp, fresh money...but I love it.

Your mileage will vary!
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

Exclamation Re: Aventus batch numbers

Anybody wonder, why other niche (as well as the non-niche) vendors do not have a batch discussion?

I can answer this question, I could even put a price tag with it: Creed is not willing to pay for an automized QA4-system in pre-production (that is in the initial mixes, before going large-scale) coupled with a quantumtest-unit in their production facilities. Tell that the guys over at COTY and they will laugh their heads off. The result is exactly what is described in this thread: products, that due to unwanted chemical cross-reactions fall flat of any quality standards. And no, that is not because Creed is a niche company - most other small companies are not experiencing these problems, as QA facilities are simply part of any production process and their utilization is priced into the retail prices.

This means: Either Creed is greedy as hell by slashing costs in their production process to maximize profits without caring at all about what the customer gets for his bucks or they are unable to make a cut given their current product pricing (which is at $150 a bottle) and therefore temporarily have to take these extreme measures in production. Decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    Anybody wonder, why other niche (as well as the non-niche) vendors do not have a batch discussion?

I can answer this question, I could even put a price tag with it: Creed is not willing to pay for an automized QA4-system in pre-production (that is in the initial mixes, before going large-scale) coupled with a quantumtest-unit in their production facilities. Tell that the guys over at COTY and they will laugh their heads off. The result is exactly what is described in this thread: products, that due to unwanted chemical cross-reactions fall flat of any quality standards. And no, that is not because Creed is a niche company - most other small companies are not experiencing these problems, as QA facilities are simply part of any production process and their utilization is priced into the retail prices.

This means: Either Creed is greedy as hell by slashing costs in their production process to maximize profits without caring at all about what the customer gets for his bucks or they are unable to make a cut given their current product pricing (which is at $150 a bottle) and therefore temporarily have to take these extreme measures in production. Decide for yourself.
    So basically what you are confirming is that Creed indeed do have their own production facilities.

Anyways, stopped by Neimans in Atlanta a few days ago..sprayed on Aventus, and yep, it smells the same as my bottle (one of the early batches) and same as the pre-release sample I had.
    -

This is simply not true.

Do you wear nothing but Aventus? Even with Dullah-esque levels of clothes sprayng it's quite an achievement to get through a flacon and a bottle since the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    So basically what you are confirming is that Creed indeed do have their own production facilities. .
    not only that, but he has access INSIDE the facility, which is one of the most secretive in the world, and has detailed knowledge of their production equipment and capital.

i do believe there's a term for what miner just peddled. it starts with "bull" and ends with "it".

Quote Originally Posted by Anť View Post
    Do you wear nothing but Aventus? Even with Dullah-esque levels of clothes sprayng it's quite an achievement to get through a flacon and a bottle since the launch.
    haha... no. my first bottle was a 4.0oz back in July of 2010. I used about half of it, then got a flacon just because I wanted one. I was recently given another 4.0oz of Aventus by.... well, someone special, i'll leave it at that.

As I understood what you're saying, you did not pretend you've visited the (in)famous Creed HQ, like some of those propagandizing for the brand preposterously infer, but you offered an informed hypothesis regarding what could explain the wild, multiply documented inconsistencies and defaults on quality. An interesting hypothesis.

Welcome back Mazel-troll...just intime for some weekend thrashing!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Welcome back Mazel-troll...just intime for some weekend thrashing!
    Just put him on ignore.
    Last edited by adonis; 30th July 2011 at 03:47 AM.

Oh, give me a break, I am not "trolling," I just occasionally respond to only the most obvious Creed spamming. (I pretend to ignore the subtler one.)

One should also note that vulgar, offensive sentences such as / "i do believe there's a term for what miner just peddled. it starts with "bull" and ends with "it". / do not seem to bother the valiant Creed lawyers team. It's only the responses.

Wink Re: Aventus batch numbers

You guys sound like you are fragrance experts but you have no basic clue about production processes?? People, they are even everywhere the same, that's industry standard Then again I maybe wouldn't know also if I would not have to, so nevermind...in short: you have a pre-processing stage used for mixing and test batches. This is a laboratory setting located wherever your nose is at. The production stage covers the cycle all the way to bottling. NO niche house has the production stage inhouse - never ever, you'd be lacking economies of scale. BUT: with the production stage being outsourced, you don't pay a flat fee for "production", but you pay for each and every single step (conservation, RM iterations, bottling; along with which machinery you use - necessary as production facilities don't only output EDTs but also room scents), so you can decide which level of QA you want to have. Given what is reported here, it is easy to see for everyone involved in the industry what is going on: Creed drastically and intentionally saves on QA, both in preproduction and production. And no, they surely do not have an own bottling facility

not only that, but he has access INSIDE the facility, which is one of the most secretive in the world, and has detailed knowledge of their production equipment and capital.

i do believe there's a term for what miner just peddled. it starts with "bull" and ends with "it".
    oh, what agression, my friend, please reread what I wrote, to clear up your misunderstandings. I have never been inside any fictious "secretive" production facilities of Creed - they do not exist I simply work in that industry and see the issues that are reported here quite frequently. Of course, feel free to enjoy your Creed bottles, I'd just be a bit more critical if someone intentionally tries to rip you off.

Overall, IMO Creed batch variations are overblown and dramatized to a large degree here at BN. More of the exception rather than the rule. There is never any intention on Creed's part to "rip off" anyone--that is ludicrous. Creed has megabucks in play and are fully invested in selling a quality product to maintain or grow their share of the fragrance market. Just like other houses, I understand Creed fragrances will not appeal to everyone for one reason or another.

Martin

Given what is reported here, it is easy to see for everyone involved in the industry what is going on: Creed drastically and intentionally saves on QA, both in preproduction and production.
    I go with DULLAH's theory: they are still tweaking around based on the feedback they receive. No matter how you look at it though it's unacceptable from a customer's point of view.

oh, what agression, my friend, please reread what I wrote, to clear up your misunderstandings. I have never been inside any fictious "secretive" production facilities of Creed.
    oh okay so what you said is just a random guess. got it.

oh okay so what you said is just a random guess. got it.
    Nope, you still don't got it fanboy, looks like you are bit slower than the other participants hahaha

Hi Guys,

Did anybody had batch # A42B10K03.
    I saw same # ending with 02. Does last number makes huge difference?
    Last edited by priest; 3rd August 2011 at 06:50 AM.

All this seems so very unscientific. People are comparing what they are smelling or supposed to be smelling on what some guy halfway around the world says that he is smelling. I have smelled multiple samples of this fragrance and they all are the same. Im supposed to have one of the dreaded "bad" batches and it smells the same as every tester ive tried w different batch numbers. Has anyone collected multiple different batches and blind tested them at the same time? I realize that most people dont let facts get in the way of coming to a conclusion. Also, this may be the ultimate first world problem..........

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Also, this may be the ultimate first world problem..........
    That part I'll agree with. As far as scent differences, I have 3 different batches that I could easily blind identify. You can tell by the openings alone.

Do you really want to go there?

Funniest line ever.. Lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by priest View Post
    Hi Guys,

Did anybody had batch # A42B10K03.
    I saw same # ending with 02. Does last number makes huge difference?
    Yes, that is a totally different batch. Lots of info on batch A42B10K03 on this forum if you do a search. Here are some of the posts:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...=1#post2103435
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...=1#post2091182

I searched, however, couldn't find anything.
    It seems that seller is from "Cyrillic" country and typing batch number used some strange encoding. Thus browser search didn't find anything copying/pasting number from email.
    Sorry, my bad.
    Anyway, going to buy A42B10K03 2.5oz tester.

^ The ones endiing with the K may be the poorest of the bunch.

Sad that this needs to be a discussion. Jesus, Creed.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicolไi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

^ I agree. Aventus should be Aventus.....not aventus batch #.........

Hey guys i have A42b11N01, here's a great example of olfactory fatigue. I been testing it on my Arm and can't notice it after an hour. I sprayed some on my friend Kristas wrist and she could smell it no problem the next day. I think i use Aventus too often, with that said it's a great batch..love this stuff since it came out.