Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Basenotes Member

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

To kron and heperd: Thank you!

I just bought a big bottle of Aventus yesterday at NM and I love it. I was concerned about possible batch issues so I didn't want to take a chance. Batch#: A42B11S01.The weird thing is this stuff smells so different depending where/what I'm smelling:

The box: Yes, the box has a musky laundry detergent type smell somewhat like Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDP or Tommy Hilfiger T. I sometimes smell this wafting in the sillage, but not when I sniff my skin.

The sprayer: When I remove the cap and sniff the sprayer, it's a very crisp fresh apple/bergamot/citrus smell.

Sprayed on exposed skin of arm: dries down quickly to a piney/terpenic/patchouli/smoke/birch/ash smell-- very dry and almost green. A hint of Terre D'Hermes. I find this drydown very distinguished. I also find something of a mood that reminds me of Vetiver '48.

Sprayed on chest under shirt(pulling shirt collar over nose to inhale): This is very fruity and heavy on pineapple. The vanilla is most noticeable here too. Smells very different than the spray on my arm. Under clothes it seems to remain sweeter and less dry.

Random Sillage: I get notes of blackcurrant and rose that waft occasionally into my nose from the sillage, but I don't get these notes when I sniff the skin directly. I also get hints of the laundry musk note in the sillage.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that there are some slight variances with different batches of Aventus, but this stuff is so temperamental just within the same bottle (in a good way! The notes are exposive and vivid) that I think it all may be a bit of an exaggeration. When I let it dry down on my arm-- it's ashy; when I wear it under my shirt on my chest-- it's pineapple. In fact I didn't really even smell much pineapple yesterday when I bought it-- but then today once I sprayed it under my shirt for the first time, it was a pineapple bomb.

Weird. Very high priced, but that aside I'm thrilled with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I just bought a big bottle of Aventus yesterday at NM and I love it. I was concerned about possible batch issues so I didn't want to take a chance. Batch#: A42B11S01.The weird thing is this stuff smells so different depending where/what I'm smelling:

The box: Yes, the box has a musky laundry detergent type smell somewhat like Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDP or Tommy Hilfiger T. I sometimes smell this wafting in the sillage, but not when I sniff my skin.

The sprayer: When I remove the cap and sniff the sprayer, it's a very crisp fresh apple/bergamot/citrus smell.

Sprayed on exposed skin of arm: dries down quickly to a piney/terpenic/patchouli/smoke/birch/ash smell-- very dry and almost green. A hint of Terre D'Hermes. I find this drydown very distinguished. I also find something of a mood that reminds me of Vetiver '48.

Sprayed on chest under shirt(pulling shirt collar over nose to inhale): This is very fruity and heavy on pineapple. The vanilla is most noticeable here too. Smells very different than the spray on my arm. Under clothes it seems to remain sweeter and less dry.

Random Sillage: I get notes of blackcurrant and rose that waft occasionally into my nose from the sillage, but I don't get these notes when I sniff the skin directly. I also get hints of the laundry musk note in the sillage.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that there are some slight variances with different batches of Aventus, but this stuff is so temperamental just within the same bottle (in a good way! The notes are exposive and vivid) that I think it all may be a bit of an exaggeration. When I let it dry down on my arm-- it's ashy; when I wear it under my shirt on my chest-- it's pineapple. In fact I didn't really even smell much pineapple yesterday when I bought it-- but then today once I sprayed it under my shirt for the first time, it was a pineapple bomb.

Weird. Very high priced, but that aside I'm thrilled with it.
    Mine does the same thing. I have an almost identical batch. You described it perfect man. You stole the words right out of my mouth!!!

Default Re: Aventus batch C42B11X02 Comparisons?

My thoughts on this batch--- this batch, when first sprayed, is very strong and you can tell it's more concentrated than the other batches I have tried. Does it smell the same as the other batches? Yes and no. It takes longer for it to Drydown to the same smell as the other batches but it eventually gets there. They don't really smell differently just the X02 is stronger and projects better. 1 spray of this is equivalent to 2-3 sprays of the other batches I have tried. To me, that alone is good enough do I went ahead and purchased another 1.7 ounce to have as backup bc the batches I had prior seem watered down a little. This one, you can actually feel your neck(or wherever u spray it) heated a little bit. You can tell its mixing with your chemistry.

I don't think they smell different. I think it smells stronger and lasts longer so grab some. Heperd and Kron have this bat h and both are great guys to buy from. Very trusted and just good people. Buy it up!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    I really am sick to death of Creed's inconsistent batches
    especially when the "inconsistencies" are completely in people's minds...

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    especially when the "inconsistencies" are completely in people's minds...
    This has some merit. I agree with him that the smell is the same, but due to some batches being more concentrated and stronger then I'm sure some people can pick up different notes than the more weaker batches. But the smell? To me they are the same. I just can smell the X02 batch better and don't get olfactory fatigue from it.

Quote Originally Posted by fragranceman88 View Post
    I really am sick to death of Creed's inconsistent batches
    Apparently that's part of Creed life!

Default Re: Aventus owners

Quote Originally Posted by Ash700 View Post
    Hi, I've literally just registered with BN and what better way to start my first ever post with one about Creed Aventus!

Bought mine (end of Jan 2012) in the brand new John Lewis at the equally brand new Stratford shopping centre, (by the Olympic site) London. I was going to dip my toe in the water with 75ml bottle, but they didn't have any so went for the 120ml - it's better value anyway! The batch number is A42B11Y01 and it's smell is addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trouble is, I'm a bloke and wonder if it will have the same effect on women ;-)

So, if anyone has this batch number IMO, you won't be disappointed.

Regards to all...
    Thank you so much for letting me know that they sell it at John Lewis in Stratford. I'm going down there tomorrow with my partnership discount and grabbing a 75ml bottle as that's all they have left!

Received my 120 ml bottle of Aventus in the mail today. I ordered it from creedboutique.com. My lot # is S42B11Y02. The bottle looks lovely!

Nice batch ^^^ let us know how u like it

Hey guys, I'm ready to take the Aventus plunge!
    What's the cheapest I will find the 120 ml for? I looked at FragranceX but it looks like they are out of stock.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Hey guys, I'm ready to take the Aventus plunge!
    What's the cheapest I will find the 120 ml for? I looked at FragranceX but it looks like they are out of stock.
    try www.beautyencounter.com and www.fragrancenet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    Nice! $250 at beauty encounter! THanks for that.
    Does anyone have experience shopping with them? Any coupons? Are they able to verify batch #s????

Well the batch I recently bought was S42B11S01. Very crisp and fresh. Its awesome imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Well the batch I recently bought was S42B11S01. Very crisp and fresh. Its awesome imo.
    This is from beautyencounter?

That's the batch I have. Smell identical to all the other 2011 batches I have tried.

If you order from fragrancenet type in the code "basenotes" you'll get 15% discount

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    If you order from fragrancenet type in the code "basenotes" you'll get 15% discount
    That's good, but it's $255 + 10% off for new members at beautyencounter so I think I might go with that
    Thanks for all the info!

Grab it up! Lol

This is from beautyencounter?
    No it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by paqfan View Post
    Received my 120 ml bottle of Aventus in the mail today. I ordered it from creedboutique.com. My lot # is S42B11Y02. The bottle looks lovely!

Almost the same batch number as mine: A42B11Y02. Get a very strong, almost overpowering blast of pineapple on opening and that sublime long lasting dry down. Really happy with this batch.

Is there a summary of all the batches (good and bad) that one would be able to refer to?
    I'm about to purchase tomorrow based on batch info.

Honestly, just grab a 2011 batch. They're all great

Honestly, just grab a 2011 batch. They're all great
    this, as long as you dont get a 2010 your good to go imo
    Last edited by Oupavoc; 2nd March 2012 at 03:40 AM.

Damn, Aventus will be reaching its 2nd anniversary soon..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Damn, Aventus will be reaching its 2nd anniversary soon..
    really? Yet its still hard to find online

K I'll make sure I get a 2011 batch.
    Two more questions ( sorry to be a newb but I I figure it's best to post here than start a new thread:

1. I've heard of beauty encounter selling
    Shrink wrapped packages of Aventus which contain bottles with scratched out batch numbers. What is that about?

2. Does anyone know the link to the site that provides information on frags based on the batch #?
    Thanks in advance!

K I'll make sure I get a 2011 batch.
    Two more questions ( sorry to be a newb but I I figure it's best to post here than start a new thread:

1. I've heard of beauty encounter selling
    Shrink wrapped packages of Aventus which contain bottles with scratched out batch numbers. What is that about?

2. Does anyone know the link to the site that provides information on frags based on the batch #?
    Thanks in advance!
    My local store puts the security tags on the bottom, no way you can get them off to see batch number

Quote Originally Posted by googlewhack View Post
    My local store puts the security tags on the bottom, no way you can get them off to see batch number
    Crap, OK I'm just gonna go ahead and buy from Fragrancenet.

Sweet... my co-worker went in on a purchase with me so I could use the 20% off code.

$228 + 7% fatwallet cashback = around $215 for a 4oz bottle of Aventus.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Anyone notice how it says $320 now for the retail price and $285 for their price for the 4oz on Fragrancenet?

haha wtf ? neiman marcus still has it for $285... maybe they're trying to throw people off with their constant 15% off coupons

Ouch, that sucks

Sweet... my co-worker went in on a purchase with me so I could use the 20% off code.

$228 + 7% fatwallet cashback = around $215 for a 4oz bottle of Aventus.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
    Not bad deal

eggy: I've never encountered a bottle of Creed in a box that was sealed with cellophane

googlewhack: Just ask the SA if you could check the batch numbers?
    Last edited by 1280adam; 2nd March 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Talking Re: Aventus batch numbers

Hey folks, I just picked up a42b11y01 and I must say its more woody than my A42b11n01 bottle. The differences seem quite dramatic to me, my N01 bottle had a blast of ppineapple and blackcurrant, the Y01 batch doesn't. I will say this batch is much more potent and longevity is better. Anyone have the Y01 batch??

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    eggy: I've never encountered a bottle of Creed in a box that was sealed with cellophane

googlewhack: Just ask the SA if you could check the batch numbers?
    The sticker rips the batch number info off when you take it off.

Pull the bottle out of the box then? Ck the batch number off the bottle

Pull the bottle out of the box then? Ck the batch number off the bottle
    Remind me how I find it on the bottle again ?

Bottom of back of bottle. Along bottom brim of bottle. So back part of bottle towards bottom on the lip.

Does anyone know if fragrancenet scratches off batch #s off bottles? I have mine on the way and I want to make sure I can check the batch #

Fragrancenet sometimes scratched the numbers off, all three of my bottles(4oz) have NOT had their numbers scratched off. Also, even if they did, they send it in the creed box(unless you bought a tester)

Fragrancenet sometimes scratched the numbers off, all three of my bottles(4oz) have NOT had their numbers scratched off. Also, even if they did, they send it in the creed box(unless you bought a tester)
    A few more follow up questions in regards to that.

1. Why do these companies scratch off batch #s?
    2. I have been told they remove the #s from boxes as well. Is this not the case? What about the stickers on the boxes ripping off the batch #?
    3. Have you gotten some good batches from them?

Some companies scratch off because it's usually from gray market(mostly from Dubai) it's not uncommon for vendors to do this(don't worry they're still legit.
    I can't really speak on the whole box thing because everytime I have ordered through fragrancenet the batch numbers haven't been scratched off and the batch numbers are on the box. The batches from fragrancenet have been great and if you are unhappy just return it within 30 days. No questions asked. I have gotten some of the best batches though at fragrancenet.

Some companies scratch off because it's usually from gray market(mostly from Dubai) it's not uncommon for vendors to do this(don't worry they're still legit.
    I can't really speak on the whole box thing because everytime I have ordered through fragrancenet the batch numbers haven't been scratched off and the batch numbers are on the box. The batches from fragrancenet have been great and if you are unhappy just return it within 30 days. No questions asked. I have gotten some of the best batches though at fragrancenet.
    This puts me at ease

Thank you sir.

Can't wait to get more! I've been going around for samples the past few days but no one has any left I have to have my aventus fix until I can pick mine up at the end of the month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol no problem. You could always do a split with heperd or Kron. I'd recommend either of them. They have great batches and cheaper than buying online. Just a suggestion. Let them know I sent ya

Lol no problem. You could always do a split with heperd or Kron. I'd recommend either of them. They have great batches and cheaper than buying online. Just a suggestion. Let them know I sent ya
    I actually saw the splits section AFTER buying my bottle I am such a dunce... but at least I know where to go when I need to refill

Let me know what batch you get. In all honesty, any 2011 will be suffice. You will enjoy any of them. Aventus changes with me daily, I wouldn't say the juice is much different from batch to batch but it's creeds way of bringing you a truly unique experience of how it reacts with your body chemistry. It's very temperamental.

Let me know what batch you get. In all honesty, any 2011 will be suffice. You will enjoy any of them. Aventus changes with me daily, I wouldn't say the juice is much different from batch to batch but it's creeds way of bringing you a truly unique experience of how it reacts with your body chemistry. It's very temperamental.
    Still though , as nice as it is for that sort of money the buyer shouldn't have to worry about the batch number .

Yea I agree. He shouldn't. He will enjoy any 2011 batch

I am now officially a member of the A42B11S01 club
    It's waiting for me in the states. Can't wait to try it!!!

2.5oz C42B11N01 - NIB 4 Sale

Bought a 120ml last week, batch number A42B11Y01, smells pretty much the same as the sample I got off ebay. I like. Lots!

Had a few new samples this morning and one of them is a new Aventus batch: C42B11Z01. So these will be the last lot before the 2012's come out.

Its VERY potent and the Pineapple is vibrant. A great example of Aventus.

Has anyone any experience on batch number A42B11X02 ??

This is what is available in Qatar. I sprayed some on my wrist and it only seemed to last 2 hours???? The Aventus i purchased from UK (forgot batch number) was the ashy smelling one but it lasted all day!

Maybe its olfactory and i am just being paranoid but i am scared to buy it LOL. this thread has made me paranoid! lol

Quote Originally Posted by snipe View Post

This is what is available in Qatar. I sprayed some on my wrist and it only seemed to last 2 hours???? The Aventus i purchased from UK (forgot batch number) was the ashy smelling one but it lasted all day!

Maybe its olfactory and i am just being paranoid but i am scared to buy it LOL. this thread has made me paranoid! lol

Be afraid, be very afraid! There are definite differences from batch to batch which is a shame as if it got sorted by creed I honestly believe this would go down as the greatest ever fragrance.

What is this stuff about batch numbers. Isn't every bottle of a perfume supposed to smell the same?

Quote Originally Posted by snipe View Post

11X02 batch is the best Aventus batch IMO. The longevity is roughly 6-9 hours on me. Sometimes it goes up to 12+ hours on me. All depends on what I am doing and the environment I'm in. The scent is also the amazing. Perfect blend of fruits and leather.

If you only get 2 hours, then either something is wrong with the juice you're spraying on yourself or your nose is messed up. Ask people if they can still smell it on you 6+ hours in. If they can, then you have olfactory fatigue.

Bottom of back of bottle. Along bottom brim of bottle. So back part of bottle towards bottom on the lip.
    if the code is written on the bottom of the bottle itself rather than on the bottom back rim, would you say that is a little suspicious? it smells great, lasts a while, and its close to my sample from perfumedcourt, but just the placement of the code is weird and doesn't conform with where it's "normally" supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    if the code is written on the bottom of the bottle itself rather than on the bottom back rim, would you say that is a little suspicious? it smells great, lasts a while, and its close to my sample from perfumedcourt, but just the placement of the code is weird and doesn't conform with where it's "normally" supposed to be.
    Naw. You're ok. My millesime imperial is written on the bottom. Perfumed court is a reliable source. You should be ok.

Cool thanks for the reassurance, love this stuff.

No prob. Enjoy it. I love it too. Smells awesome