Code of Conduct
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Just got my first bottle batch # S42B12A01 and its AMAZING. Wore at work today and 3 people asked what it was and where to get it. I left out how much it cost...

really Drew? I just got this batch from the boutique as well and I find it doesn't project or last nearly as long as my 2010 batch I had. That was a powerhouse and this new batch just seems to lack the edge of my old one. The cap of my old batch is stronger when sniffing it then when i have 8 sprays of this new batch on. oh well.......guess life goes on but without the small pleasure of the great Aventus. BS

Anyone purchase Aventus recently from Fragrancex.com? Any comments on the batch received?

I dont have anything to compare it to and really what does lastmore than 4hrs? Im used to reapplication lol

Quote Originally Posted by chappelle View Post
    I've just ordered a 4oz bottle of Aventus on fragrancex.com, hopefully it's the latest batch. Do they usually have the most recent batch in stock? They've been sold out for quite a while now. Anyway I will let you know what batch I got when it gets here. Have a nice weekend.
    I want to follow up on my own post. The batch number is A42B11Y02 and it is really good! I get a lot of fruit in the opening and for the first two hours or so and then it turns into a blend of fruity, rosie, smoky birchyness. Longevity is 6+ hours for me (if I can detect it due to olfactory fatigue). Whenever i heat up though it projects again - and also, when i moisten the spots where I had applied the perfume, I can instantly smell the pineapple again (like when I take a shower).

Once again I have warned anyone getting a 2012 batch. Lasts 1 hour very close to skin. Ridiculous. Makes me want to punch a wall. Like someone else mentioned...the slight variation of smell wouldn't bother me, but from going from a fragrance that once left a scent trail for all the way from my cubicle to the elevators which is a decent 50-60 steps away to another bottle that I have to stick my nose in my skin just to smell anything is beyond frustrating. It's ****ed up if you ask me.

Never believed in the batch variation hype.....but now I regret people that bought bottles and said it was crap. Of course it was, they probably got jipped by this company.

Ridiculous....it's like buying a Porsche that comes with cloth seats and a s*&t engine. Absurd..... an abomination to the fragrance world.

"Ya hi I'd like a pepperoni pizza please.........oh sir, this isn't pepperoni, hell, this isn't even a pizza, it's an omelot. I didn't order that...." "Well sir, I'm just using the tactics of Creed....quantity over quality."

kwaaaaaaa chooooooo I spit on you creed peace

So I recently got into the aventus craze. Got a 10 mL decant (C42B11X02), and then ordered a 2.5 oz bottle (a42b11s01) and really enjoyed it. I thought the a42b11s01 was a little bit more balanced than C42B11X02, which was a little too fruity. I started to read that the 2012 batches were no good (maybe it is too fresh) and coupled with the fact that creed ages well, I actually ordered an extra 4 oz from the 2011 collection.

a42b11s01 is the best one!

sooo... how can you actually see from what year the batch is? from what im seeing, 2012 batch sucks?
    what are actually ones to look for?

The year is always in the batch # it's the middle number found in the sequence. Usually starting with a B

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe81 View Post
    Once again I have warned anyone getting a 2012 batch. Lasts 1 hour very close to skin. Ridiculous. Makes me want to punch a wall. Like someone else mentioned...the slight variation of smell wouldn't bother me, but from going from a fragrance that once left a scent trail for all the way from my cubicle to the elevators which is a decent 50-60 steps away to another bottle that I have to stick my nose in my skin just to smell anything is beyond frustrating. It's ****ed up if you ask me.
    Never believed in the batch variation hype.....but now I regret people that bought bottles and said it was crap. Of course it was, they probably got jipped by this company.

Ridiculous....it's like buying a Porsche that comes with cloth seats and a s*&t engine. Absurd..... an abomination to the fragrance world.

"Ya hi I'd like a pepperoni pizza please.........oh sir, this isn't pepperoni, hell, this isn't even a pizza, it's an omelot. I didn't order
    that....
    "Well sir, I'm just using the tactics of Creed....quantity over quality."

kwaaaaaaa chooooooo I spit on you creed peace

I have the 2012 batch and it is weaker than my A42B11N01 bottle. With that said, my girlfriend could easily still smell it on me 5 hours later even when I think it's long gone. I think it smells great with a great balance of pineapple and woods..

Quote Originally Posted by limaaa View Post
    a42b11s01 is the best one!
    I've seen this batch at my local Neiman Marcus, I would like to hear your thoughts on this batch.

Nick

Oh Creed...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I have the 2012 batch and it is weaker than my A42B11N01 bottle. With that said, my girlfriend could easily still smell it on me 5 hours later even when I think it's long gone. I think it smells great with a great balance of pineapple and woods..
    ya my gf could smell mine too, but only when she smelled my shirt up close. I might decant mine away and wait till I hear about a good batch. At least now I'm more cautious about batch variations

I've seen this batch at my local Neiman Marcus, I would like to hear your thoughts on this batch.

Nick
    Hi Nick

I┤ve got this batch and the Y01 too, wich I believe you┤ve stated to have along with the N01, am I correct?

Basically I┤ve found no significant differences between Y01 and S01. S01 is a little bit fruitier at first I┤d say, but it takes a good amount of concentration to perceive that. Both lasts 10h plus, projects like a beast for the first 2-3 hours and them settle down, but remain quite alive, never a skin scent.

Last sunday I wore S01 to a family barbecue and got 4 complements, starting from my apt elevator and going on! One of my fianceÚ aunts couldn┤t stop giving compliments and asking "what┤s cologne is this that you┤re wearing". A real compliment getter for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Hi Nick

I┤ve got this batch and the Y01 too, wich I believe you┤ve stated to have along with the N01, am I correct?

Basically I┤ve found no significant differences between Y01 and S01. S01 is a little bit fruitier at first I┤d say, but it takes a good amount of concentration to perceive that. Both lasts 10h plus, projects like a beast for the first 2-3 hours and them settl down, but remain quite alive, never a skin scent.

Last sunday I wore S01 to a family barbecue and got 4 complements, starting from my apt elevator and going on! One of my fianceÚ aunts couldn┤t stop giving compliments and asking "what┤s cologne is this that you┤re wearing". A real compliment
    getter for sure.

Ohh right , your the guy who was suppose to get N01 but got S01. I now have N01, Y01 and. A01 (2012 batch). S01 probably smells like my N01 bottle then (a powerhouse). I'm half empty so I may go check out S01 soon. Thank you for the info!

Nick

Ohh right , your the guy who was suppose to get N01 but got S01. I now have N01, Y01 and. A01 (2012 batch). S01 probably smells like my N01 bottle then (a powerhouse). I'm half empty so I may go check out S01 soon. Thank you for the info!

Nick
    That┤s right sir!

When you do check the S01, please report back and compare it to your N01. Want to know what I┤ve missed (snif)!

I have the newest 2012 and even though I think that cant smell it all my coworkers can and the love it....even after about 3-4 hrs. I got attacked yesterday by a lady as I was entering the building

Quote Originally Posted by drewsmith12 View Post
    I have the newest 2012 and even though I think that cant smell it all my coworkers can and the love it....even after about 3-4 hrs. I got attacked yesterday by a lady as I was entering the building
    Same experience here, Ive been using Aventus so much that I think I'm immune to the smell. Sometimes I cant smell a damn thing but my girlfriend can easily after the 5 hour mark. Last week I went to go visit her parents and they also commented that what I was wearing smelt very good and that it was pretty potent, I couldn't believe it.

Nick
    Actually I am not 100% sure that sample I have is a42b11s01, I am 99% certain.
    I have c42b11x02 but it is not good as the sample I have.
    a42b11s01 starts fresh, fruity and then when it settles down it gets smoky and very sexy. It is also very loud and lasting power is great.
    c42b11x02 smells like the opening of a42b11s01 and stays that way till the end, there is not that smoky sexy middle. It is not that loud and lasting power is not that great as in a42b11s01.

Same experience here, Ive been using Aventus so much that I think I'm immune to the smell. Sometimes I cant smell a damn thing but my girlfriend can easily after the 5 hour mark. Last week I went to go visit her parents and they also commented that what I was wearing smelt very good and that it was pretty potent, I couldn't believe it.
    I had the same experience. When I bought it (A42B11S01), I wanted to wear it every second of every day and it seemed short lived. I'd read all this stuff about people smelling it on their shirts weeks later, and I wasn't getting this. Once I put Aventus into my rotation as something I'd wear once every two weeks or so, it started seeming a lot longer lived than when I'd wear it everyday for a week. Just two days ago I threw on a t-shirt to go get the mail-- and it was a shirt that I'd been wearing a week before. And as soon as I put this shirt on, the most amazing smell bombarded my nose. It was this wonderful patchouli and pineapple smell. I realized quickly that it was Aventus.

Fabulous stuff. Weird though, I like it plenty but I don't really get compliments on it, though I know my coworkers can smell it. Green Irish Tweed, on the other hand, will often snap the necks of women walking by-- they always have to ask what I'm wearing when I wear GIT!

Hi guys! I just received batch number A42B11z01. The opening is really beatiful, reminds me of Riverside Drive. Does anyone know about the longevity on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Festivus81 View Post
    Hi guys! I just received batch number A42B11z01. The opening is really beatiful, reminds me of Riverside Drive. Does anyone know about the longevity on this one?
    EDITED: Sorry! Misread for S01 heheheh!
    Last edited by TheBuyer; 10th May 2012 at 08:50 PM.

So I finally took the plunge and got my bottle this week from the creed boutique. I've received batch c42b11y02. If anyone else has this batch I'd be interested to hear your opinions. The opening is pretty strong but I can't seem to smell it after a couple of hours (maybe olfactory fatigue kicking in?).

They had one A42b11S01 at my local Neiman Marcus so I decided to grab it. This batch is a powerhouse like Y01 except its more fruity. Longevity and projection is stellar, definitely a batch worth checking out!

I received by bottle from the Creed Boutique a few weeks ago - batch S42B12A01. I finally got around to trying it. Smelled wonderful, and longevity was at least 6 hours +. I can only compare it to a few sample vials I have - I haven't bothered to check the batch numbers on these (yet). Smells even better than the vials, but that may be because of the difference between the sprayer and the dabbing application of the vials.

Anyway I have no complaints about my S42B12A01. I like several creed fragrances (GIT, OV, OS, BdP, VIW, and Royal Water, but this is insane. I don't see people checking batch numbers of Tom Ford or Bond No. 9. *sigh*

Just ordered a 4oz from fragrancx and its A42B11Y02. Good stuff as far as I can tell with one wearing. Has good longevity.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Basenotes Member

Just got a bottle of the batch c42b11z01 and after using it two days in a row all I can tell is it starts fruity and remains like that all the way and I get almost no smoke. It seemed to last 3-4h (asked my girlfriend if she was smelling it on me after 3h and she had to get really close to get something). Maybe it's my skin but as it was my first impression of Aventus and after all the hype it got I'm really disappointed.

EDIT: Sprayed Aventus minutes after writing this post and I must admit I was wrong. It projected for the first 2-3h then it settled down and quickly became a skin scent. Now, 14h later I can still smell it. It does last but most of the time as a skin scent.
    Last edited by arthurmoraes; 13th May 2012 at 08:52 PM.

So I just took a risk and got a bottle on ebay from Mill Creek Rescue. I wasn't worried about authenticity, just what batch it was. Turn out it is a S42B12A01, and it smells fantastic. I thought I liked my sample until I tried this one. The pineapple is way better than I ever knew. Anyways, there is 1 left from them right now (4 oz) and it's at an insane price! Someone go snatch it up!

looks like 2012 batches are doing pretty good eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Xqizit View Post
    looks like 2012 batches are doing pretty good eh?
    not in my book

Default Best batch of aventus?

Hey guys, I heard of the famous pineapple batch and also the possibility of it being discontinued. I also hear the 2012 has been deemed "apple batch". I was thinking of picking up a bottle can anyone tell me which batches/numbers are the best to get. I live in new York so I was planning on going to the boutique possibly.thanks.

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

the pinapple heavy batch would be C42B11X02, which is also the same batch people say is the best.

I doubt this is going to be discontinued.

Last I heard, creed is sold out of the x02 batch

Default Aventus WOW Batch

OK so we were in Holt renfrew I purchased lalique encre noire and wife got tom ford violet blonde. We got lots of samples and 1 of them was aventus which my wife hate and think it smells like BBQ pickle lol. And she smelled this sample we got that sa filled for us she was like wow now she loves it and do smell pineapple in there . I have to go there soon to see which batch it was. But why does creed have different batches? I don't understand

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

A42B11S01 is the batch number that I have. Apples and roses is what I smell at the top and when it dries down, it is very woodsy.

I am sorry I didn't mean the fragrance is being discontinued I meant the pineapple batch.@Jason how's the projection and longevity on your apple batch?

Any batch from 2011 is fine

Any batch that smells good to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellFraiche View Post
    the pinapple heavy batch would be C42B11X02, which is also the same batch people say is the best.
    this person among them. I like that the pinapple lingers too. This stuff is absolutly amazing. I wish I had the cash to drop on a larger bottle, but sticking with the split for now

Default Re: Aventus WOW Batch

Why? Hard to say, it defintly is frustrating. For instance, I bought a sample of GIT to see what the hype was all about. AMAZING!! Man I loved it, so I bought a 4oz bottle. And it smelled, not only nothing like the sample. It smelled literally horrible - i would never have worn it. So i returned it and went in with a split from Kron for the newer batch. And this stuff is the cat's meow, Im telling you man.

The bad batches are horrible and the good batches are the best, nothing compares.

Luckily haven't stumbled upon any bad ones yet.

well, you'll know it when you smell it. That's for sure.

So it's safe to say 2011 and after are fruit heavy? I'm trying to avoid the smokey batch

Hi All!!!

Having just finished my first 4oz bottle of Aventus i now find myself once again playing the unenviable game of the Creed Batch Lottery. As such I'm looking for a bit of advice: Via suppliers i trust i have narrowed down my search to A42B11N01 & A42B11Y02 both have received overall largely positive feedback and I am looking for advice on which one to purchase? Any info about either or both of the batches and which you think would be the better buy would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Basenoter View Post
    Hi All!!!

Having just finished my first 4oz bottle of Aventus i now find myself once again playing the unenviable game of the Creed Batch Lottery. As such I'm looking for a bit of advice: Via suppliers i trust i have narrowed down my search to A42B11N01 & A42B11Y02 both have received overall largely positive feedback and I am looking for advice on which one to purchase? Any info about either or both of the batches and which you think would be the better buy would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    N01 is a beast. Have it and love it. Beast I say.

A42B11S01 lasts an eternity on clothing. On my skin, minimum of 8 hrs.

A42B11N01, A42B11Y01, AND A42B11S01 are the best batches I have smelled. The new 2012 batch S42B12A01 smells great, but it doesn't have that sharp and intense pineapple the previous batches i've just mentioned..

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    N01 is a beast. Have it and love it. Beast I say.

yeh it's in your face pineapple that lasts 10 plus hours on my skin..

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    So I just took a risk and got a bottle on ebay from Mill Creek Rescue. I wasn't worried about authenticity, just what batch it was. Turn out it is a S42B12A01, and it smells fantastic. I thought I liked my sample until I tried this one. The pineapple is way better than I ever knew. Anyways, there is 1 left from them right now (4 oz) and it's at an insane price! Someone go snatch it up!
    Yes it does smell fantastic, but lacks the longevity that most 2011 batches had. I get about 6 hours from this batch, while a batch such as A42B11N01 will last 10 plus hours everytime..

Both are insane. And by insane I mean it could fill the room I'm in for about the first hour. Then it gets a little closer, about arm's length. It lasts for a good 8-12 hours, sometimes longer but never shorter

Where can you order from that would let you return it?

Ahhhh-C42B11X02. I have that batch in a decant. It is great. Like a smoky pineapple. just wish I had bought a full bottle now-don't know if i'll be able to find it again

What the 2012 batches any experiences wih those?

Man. I must have the worst skin in the world if you guys are getting 1-2 years longevity and averaging a football stadium projection wise...

I've had a few different batches (s01 and x02) and neither have served me well at all. They do smell great though

IMO C42B11Y02 is the very best batch. I get 10+ hours longevity and its very pineapple heavy

I am really stressed and nervous because I have been reading post after post about batch variations. I was a fresh fruity top that lasts long. I am also nervous that in now if I go into a store/boutique they won't have them. Can anyone please recommend a good 12 batch? And maybe the best/most available 11. I also want to state that I read that the 10s are horrible alone with the n01 11 batch, any comments?

Chill out, they all smell the same. Stop reading all of these different things people think they smell and automatically take it as the truth. Some people can smell it on themselves and some cant. I usually cant. But of all 5 or 6 batches i have smelled- they are the same. If you go to the boutique, try it on your skin. If you dont like it then dont buy it. Dont think you are going to return it and get something completely different that you will all of a sudden love. Aventus isnt for everyone.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

What Hep said^

The biggest difference was a single batch in 2010 (K04) which seemed a little inbalanced due to a heavy dose of Birch Tar. The 2011's and early 2012's are all very uniform and I can highly recommend them. So far there is only one 2012 batch which is C42B12A01

The whole longevity issue is peoples own insecurity, When it comes to spraying Aventus you just need a couple of sprays as its quite strong and will cause olfactory fatigue if overdone.