Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Chill out, they all smell the same. Stop reading all of these different things people think they smell and automatically take it as the truth. Some people can smell it on themselves and some cant. I usually cant. But of all 5 or 6 batches i have smelled- they are the same. If you go to the boutique, try it on your skin. If you dont like it then dont buy it. Dont think you are going to return it and get something completely different that you will all of a sudden love. Aventus isnt for everyone.
    Spot on!!

Different people smell things differently. Try it and see, no big deal if you don't like it. I have one of the so-called weakest batches from 2010 and it's like a monster on me, 2 sprays only.

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

I picked my package from FragranceNet this morning, got a batch A42B11Y02. Wen't to work and srayed it on a piece of paper... Man, that's some strong pineapple and blackcurrant. One spray and it was pure madness. After two hours, the paper still causes mayhem. I have to try it on my skin tomorrow, but it seems it's even better than my a42b11z01 batch.

It seems I have a batch nobody mentioned here: S42B12C01

I bought it about three weeks ago from the Creed store in Paris.

I don't have a developed nose, and still am an amateur when it comes to fragrances, but I think it smells amazing! And i have received many compliments from it. Girls REALLY love it.

The problem is I can't smell it that much after a while, but that could be due to two things. One is that it happens to me with all fragrances (Unless it's aoud or something), and the second is that my skin absorbs fragrances like crazy! So I over apply it sometimes.

But anyway, even when I can't smell it anymore, I get compliments, so it's not a big problem.

It's my favorite fragrance right now in the Summer.

PS: I noticed the fragrance smells better now that I applied it a couple of times, and stronger, than the first time I applied it. The pineapple is more apparent.
    Last edited by deon10; 30th May 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks guys I appreciate the reassuring info. I love the smell I just want it to last.

Banned

Default Re: Aventus WOW Batch

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Luckily haven't stumbled upon any bad ones yet.
    +1 ...

Hey all,

Just bought Aventus (batch: C42B11Z01) about two weeks ago.
    The opening definitely has that rich pineapple smell which is just so darn good.

Projection: About 4-5 hours (Though I can still managed to get a whiff every now and then after 6 plus hours.
    Longevity: V. good longevity on this one. Sprayed it at 7.30 in the morning and still lingers on my skin after 12 hours or so. Also probably due to the fact that the place I'm staying at is high in humidity.

Default Re: Aventus WOW Batch

I wish there weren't any inconsistencies as well, that's for sure.. It seems like Creed has ironed out the batch issues pretty well with Aventus as of late. Thankfully, I haven't ran in to any bad batches with any of the Creeds I have.

@ih8buffering I know for a fact if you purchase from Creed boutique and don't like the batch you have, they will work with you.
    Current obsession...Invasion Barbare

Hi Guys, I just got an Aventus split with batch number: FP42B12A01 . Did someone already get to know this one?

Lol I think everyone is seriously looking into this batch differentiation a bit too much, and tricking themselves into actually thinking there is a huge difference! My first bottle of Creed Aventus I bought was batch #A42B11N01, and if you look back at page 5 etc. of this thread, everyone was saying that batch was too ashy, or no pineapple. I thought to myself, smells perfect to me! Now A42B11N01 is said to be one of the best batches of Aventus yet. I recently got a decant of a 2012 batch and they smell exactly the same, it's all in your guys heads!

Yes, I hate to continue the thread, but I am running out of my 2010 batch and wanted advice as to whether to purchase batch # A42B11Y02 or # C42B11Z01. Thoughts greatly appreciated!

Does anyone think that the variation has to do with the date, and consequential aging it has undergone? Maybe the batches created earlier in the year are stronger than the ones that have been created later in the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Had a few new samples this morning and one of them is a new Aventus batch: C42B11Z01. So these will be the last lot before the 2012's come out.

Its VERY potent and the Pineapple is vibrant. A great example of Aventus.
    Quote Originally Posted by firz84 View Post
    Hey all,

Just bought Aventus (batch: C42B11Z01) about two weeks ago.
    The opening definitely has that rich pineapple smell which is just so darn good.

Projection: About 4-5 hours (Though I can still managed to get a whiff every now and then after 6 plus hours.
    Longevity: V. good longevity on this one. Sprayed it at 7.30 in the morning and still lingers on my skin after 12 hours or so. Also probably due to the fact that the place I'm staying at is high in humidity.
    I've been a long-time lurker, signed-up now just so I can post this.

I just got my 2.5oz bottle of Aventus last Saturday with the exact same batch number (C42B11Z01). Today was my first day wearing it to work, and after the 6 hour mark, I can barely smell anything. While I agree that the pineapple opening is very vibrant, I have no idea how you guys are getting over 12 hours, or claiming this to be one of the better batches out there. The longevity for this batch seems to be on par with my bottle of Millesime Imperial.

Is there a special way you guys are applying this, or is my nose that much easier to get fatigued-by?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdose View Post
    I've been a long-time lurker, signed-up now just so I can post this.

I just got my 2.5oz bottle of Aventus last Saturday with the exact same batch number (C42B11Z01). Today was my first day wearing it to work, and after the 6 hour mark, I can barely smell anything. While I agree that the pineapple opening is very vibrant, I have no idea how you guys are getting over 12 hours, or claiming this to be one of the better batches out there. The longevity for this batch seems to be on par with my bottle of Millesime Imperial.

Is there a special way you guys are applying this, or is my nose that much easier to get fatigued-by?
    Hi Overdose,

What I meant when I said 12 hours is that I could still smell it on my skin. It won't project anymore and you really have to be real close to the skin to smell it. I don't really have a special way in applying. I will usually go 2 sprays at the side of the neck and 1 spray to the chest. The spray on the chest will stick to my clothes and it still smells quite allright. I do get the nose fatigue once in awhile but you have to understand that even though you can't smell it anymore, the people around still might. I hope your next wearing of Aventus will be a better one. Cheers mate!

Received a bottle of Aventus batch # S42B12A01. Lots of pineapple and less smoke. Projects very well for the first 3 to 4 hours and then has decent projection up to the 5 hour mark. After the 6 hour mark it basically becomes a skin scent. You can still smell it 8 hours later, but it's faint. Expect the fragrance to get stronger after it ages a bit, but just as it is it's pretty damn potent. Compared to the 2010 bottle I had, this bottle has a much more refreshing and bright feel to it. Going to test this with a moisturizer on my skin to see if I can get even more projection and longevity out of it.
    Last edited by silentrich; 14th June 2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Received a bottle of Aventus batch # S42B12A01. Lots of pineapple and less smoke. Projects very well for the first 3 to 4 hours and then has decent projection up to the 5 hour mark. After the 6 hour mark it basically becomes a skin scent. You can still smell it 8 hours later, but it's faint. Expect the fragrance to get stronger after it ages a bit, but just as it is it's pretty damn potent. Compared to the 2010 bottle I had, this bottle has a much more refreshing and bright feel to it. Going to test this with a moisturizer on my skin to see if I can get even more projection and longevity out of it.
    I do enjoy hearing about the batch I have, it makes me feel less crazy when other people tell me they enjoy it as much as older batches...I do hope it lasts a little longer eventually.

I think the 2012 batch gets stronger as it ages through use. Mine apparently has lol enough to keep me away from it for a while

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe81 View Post
    I think the 2012 batch gets stronger as it ages through use. Mine apparently has lol enough to keep me away from it for a while
    Always an interesting experiment with some Creeds. Hopefully my 2012 batch gets a little smokier over time.
    Last edited by silentrich; 15th June 2012 at 03:19 AM.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

I have a K01 batch from last year and it is much stronger and potent than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    I have a K01 batch from last year and it is much stronger and potent than before.
    I always thought this was BS about Creeds, but I had a bottle of GIT do it. It went from a very strong opening and average heart and drydown, to a strong opening with a stronger mid and richer drydown.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

I have batch C42B11X02 and it has a good amount of pineapple in it. Good batch imo and lasts forever on me.

Anyone else got C42B11Z02 from one of the splits? The stuff started off really well but lately it hasn't lasted more than 4 hours on me. Definitely nothing to do with the weather or olfactory fatigue - that I'm certain of.

Double post.
    Last edited by Mr G; 15th June 2012 at 02:18 PM.

I have the C42B11Z02 batch. Love it so far, although I haven't tested it extensively since I still have an x02 decant.

Thanks. Is yours a decant too?

Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    I have the C42B11Z02 batch. Love it so far, although I haven't tested it extensively since I still have an x02 decant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Thanks. Is yours a decant too?
    yes it is. From heperd

Have you done a comparison between your two different batches? I'd be curious to know which lasts longer. While the Z02 one I have smells lovely it's just seems to have dropped off the longevity cliff for me of late.

yes it is. From heperd

Not really. I only sprayed it once when I first got it. I did notice z02 is slightly fruitier in the opening. The mid and drydown seem nearly identical to me.

Not really. I only sprayed it once when I first got it. I did notice z02 is slightly fruitier in the opening. The mid and drydown seem nearly identical to me.
    Thanks.

no problem

hi guys, i just received a sample of batch A4210E01, i like the smell but not quite impressed, this is the first creed i tested because of the hype around it. Do you think i will like other batches better? Creed is very expensive here in the Philippines and the price is higher than what the retail price is in the US and only one store is an authorized reseller. I came across a grey market seller whose prices is on par with Fragrancenet but he only have a bottle of S42B11S01, do you think this is a better batch than what i sampled?

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I always thought this was BS about Creeds, but I had a bottle of GIT do it. It went from a very strong opening and average heart and drydown, to a strong opening with a stronger mid and richer drydown.
    Yep, this definitely happens with every bottle of Creed I've had. Strange, but I'm glad it happens!

My A42B11S01 batch lasts a whole day with great projection. 3 sprays and i'm secured the whole day with matching compliments. It never fails to give me compliments. Love Aventus.

The recent 250ml bottle I received for the latest split is C42B12C01, The first thing that struck me was how yellow the liquid was. All of the 2010/2011's have been quite clear and opaque but this one really did look like Pineapple juice.

The fruity top notes are very strong and imho the best part of the fragrance is the heart notes and like the 2011's its there in its full glory. Its an excellent batch and I'd highly recommend it.

Longevity was pretty much all day on me.

The recent 250ml bottle I received for the latest split is C42B12C01, The first thing that struck me was how yellow the liquid was. All of the 2010/2011's have been quite clear and opaque but this one really did look like Pineapple juice
    Funny you should mention this Kron, but it looks like the 250ml and 500ml bottles are depicted clear and yellow respectively on the Creed UK website. Here's the link: http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pro...or-men/aventus

If the same juice in different size bottles is a different colour, they must be adding some sort of dye, right?

I'd imagine its some kind of colouring like they do in Serge Lutens, Either that or Mr Delmonte has said yes

The recent 250ml bottle I received for the latest split is C42B12C01, The first thing that struck me was how yellow the liquid was. All of the 2010/2011's have been quite clear and opaque but this one really did look like Pineapple juice.

The fruity top notes are very strong and imho the best part of the fragrance is the heart notes and like the 2011's its there in its full glory. Its an excellent batch and I'd highly recommend it.

Longevity was pretty much all day on me.
    Wearing this today from your split and I can confirm it smells awesome

I am trying to get my head around this whole batch variation topic with Aventus and some qsts come up. Ok, so first of all did Creed ever issue an official statement regards definite note changes with Aventus?. Or is it just something that some users feel or think they detect with this product in the past 2 or 3 years ?.. You know, if there was a production problem giving rise to this increasingly variable fragrance formula, would Creed not have gotten in there to standardize the manufacturing process to eliminate such fluctuations?. Probably what any high quality company worth their salt would try to remedy fast. It just seems cheap and amateur to have so many different batches floating around. So, Is it a quality control issue with Creed or merely a figment of some Aventus fan's imagination?

C42B11X02 seems to be regarded as the most powerful and the longest lasting. It's got the perfect blend of pineapple and smoke.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Default Re: Aventus owners

Well I got my first bottle of Aventus this morning. It was like opening a christmas present!!! My batch code is A42B11Z01 which I have read that has amazing pineapple which it does. For some reason when I first sprayed it on fresh out of the box I got this weird smell of I guess what I would describe as bug spray. I waited about an hour and tried it again and now it is an explosion of pineapple fruit-loops with hints of a smokey note!! I am enjoying it so far but like I said its the first day!!!

If I buy a 4oz bottle from FragranceNet is there any way to predict which batch I'll get?

I just got into fragrances not too long ago, and blind bought Aventus off of fragrancenet. I bought a bottle of MI from them, and it is amazing, so I decided to take the risk with Aventus. My batch is S42B12A01, which from what I understand is one of the first batches from 2012. I don't get the pineapple opening really, it's almost like, just pine at first, and then a smokey/woody scent. The dry down can be detected on my skin though at the end of the day, and smells fantastic. My question is, will the scent change? I bought it for the pineapple, and am kind of disappointed that it lacks it. I've read on here, that once air gets in the bottle, and a little time goes by it smells better. Just wondering if there is any truth to that, or if I should return it and try for another batch?

From all the threads I have read on Aventus I can not help but get the picture in my head that Creed does not store the Aventus formula on a computer somewhere but rather it is in some old guys head and if he is on vacation when creed makes a new batch then we consumers are s.o.l .
    Living each day one spray at a time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy01 View Post
    From all the threads I have read on Aventus I can not help but get the picture in my head that Creed does not store the Aventus formula on a computer somewhere but rather it is in some old guys head and if he is on vacation when creed makes a new batch then we consumers are s.o.l .
    That's true not only for Aventus, but for most Creeds since the foundation of the house in the 18th-[haha!]-century. I'm sure the company stores somewhere in Paris this now very old man you wrote about, and he is like this Viktor from Underworld - he has to be called from sleep every time a new bottle gets manufactured. You just have to excuse his memory gaps, after 300 years there are many things to mix up!

Hammy01, I kinda have a different theory about what's going on. I think Creed was totally unprepared for the demand for Aventus and they've been making more of it than they have a supply of ingredients for. I bet they've been sourcing more ingredients as quick as they can and that's leading to the crazy variables we're all dealing with. Think about it. They say it's their all time best seller after only 2 years! I bet they didn't see that coming.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest difference was a single batch in 2010 (K04) which seemed a little inbalanced due to a heavy dose of Birch Tar. The 2011's and early 2012's are all very uniform and I can highly recommend them. So far there is only one 2012 batch which is C42B12A01
    Is this true? It might explain a lot for me. The sample I have is a42b10k04 and it's really mellow and weak but I still think it smells delicious. Er, something like that. It smells great but soft and disappears on me after a few hours compared to the longevity I get from John Varvatos original or Versace PH, neither of which is a longevity beast. I can smell both of those on my shirt the next morning but not this batch of Aventus.

I love the smell of Aventus though and if what you're saying is pretty much any batch other than a42b10k04 is good then I'd feel confident buying a 4oz bottle for around $200 on fragrancenet or tuccini. I'd prefer to buy a bottle but if there's as much variable as people keep saying then I'd buy from a safe split.

I have the first batch from 2012 and a 2011 batch. Identical to my nose and there's just fruit heavy and smoke heavy (2010) batches. The 2010 batches they had problems with and you can smell quite a bit of difference. If your looking for some crazy strong batch of Aventus that just blows away everything else your not going to find it unless it's something that someone has mixed themselves with oils.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    If you go to the boutique, try it on your skin. If you dont like it then dont buy it.
    Exactly! Living near the boutique will definitely help you. Both times I've been to the New York boutique, a guy came in and doused himself with Aventus. It was awesome. All the employees knew him so it was all good. He must've "refreshed" himself with about 8 sprays each time!

@Candide.... Lol, now every time I watch Underworld I am going to expect Viktor to start screaming "Is it time to make a batch of Aventus already!!" every time they wake him.

@L'Homme Blanc Individual - what I said was just tongue in cheek not a theory but your theory does make sense.
    Living each day one spray at a time

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Is this true? It might explain a lot for me. The sample I have is a42b10k04 and it's really mellow and weak but I still think it smells delicious. Er, something like that. It smells great but soft and disappears on me after a few hours compared to the longevity I get from John Varvatos original or Versace PH, neither of which is a longevity beast. I can smell both of those on my shirt the next morning but not this batch of Aventus.

I love the smell of Aventus though and if what you're saying is pretty much any batch other than a42b10k04 is good then I'd feel confident buying a 4oz bottle for around $200 on fragrancenet or tuccini. I'd prefer to buy a bottle but if there's as much variable as people keep saying then I'd buy from a safe split.
    Yes its true, The 2010 K04 is quite different to the others from 2010. To my nose the 2010's are the worst examples and only in 2011 did Aventus start to smell a little more natural and uniform.

If you want to guarantee you'll get a fresh new 2012 batch the only way is to buy it directly from Creed or from a newly started split. I've been very impressed with both of the 2012's so far (C42B12A01 and C42B12C01)

Quote Originally Posted by dusttdust View Post
    Exactly! Living near the boutique will definitely help you. Both times I've been to the New York boutique, a guy came in and doused himself with Aventus. It was awesome. All the employees knew him so it was all good. He must've "refreshed" himself with about 8 sprays each time!
    So that's who I'm smelling over here in London!!

Basenotes Member

received my S42B12A01 4oz of aventus in the mail today...sprayed one time on wrist when was at office (where I awaited it, with no other cologne on today) came home one hour later, gave wife a kiss with my hand away from her and she said...wow you smell good. She complemented me one other time when passing by her in the sofa. I can only smell it close to the skin on my wrist but if she can smell it that means others will to. Aventus may be my new favorite scent.

i have batch C42B11Z01 and I really like it. I am interested in checking out these other batches, and especially the 2012 ones

Default Re: Aventus owners

Quote Originally Posted by brian7819 View Post
    Well I got my first bottle of Aventus this morning. It was like opening a christmas present!!! My batch code is A42B11Z01 which I have read that has amazing pineapple which it does. For some reason when I first sprayed it on fresh out of the box I got this weird smell of I guess what I would describe as bug spray. I waited about an hour and tried it again and now it is an explosion of pineapple fruit-loops with hints of a smokey note!! I am enjoying it so far but like I said its the first day!!!
    Where did you buy your bottle from?

If I buy a 4oz bottle from FragranceNet is there any way to predict which batch I'll get?
    Nope, and they won't inform you either. I wouldn't be surprised if the batch number was blacked out when you receive the bottle.
    Top 5 (random order):
    1. Creed Aventus
    2. L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme
    3. Le Labo Rose 31
    4. Terre D'Hermes EdT
    5. YSL Rive Gauche

Basenotes Junkie

B11S01 here.

Got it december 2011 - and it was pure magic. Now, I'm wondering if it's lost ... well ... power. Anyone felt anything with that batch?

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    B11S01 here.

Got it december 2011 - and it was pure magic. Now, I'm wondering if it's lost ... well ... power. Anyone felt anything with that batch?
    I have this batch and I think it smells terrific. It has good longevity and sillage as well, so no I don't find it weak at all. Your nose maybe getting use to the fragrance. My suggestion is to give it a break for awhile. When you come back to it you should find it more potent.

Basenotes Junkie

Thing is, I have given it a break of several weeks. It's at least two weeks since I last used it, and probably at least two weeks before that before I wore it. I take LONG breaks from it - and I the last three or four times I've sort of felt it less strong and projecting. Strange ...

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Thing is, I have given it a break of several weeks. It's at least two weeks since I last used it, and probably at least two weeks before that before I wore it. I take LONG breaks from it - and I the last three or four times I've sort of felt it less strong and projecting. Strange ...
    This is exactly what I've experienced. Seems to get weaker with age. Used to get about 7-8 hours now only about 4 hours.

Is this a new batch number? s42b12a01

Also, it just arrived from Fragrancenet unwrapped. That seems odd, doesn't it, considering I bought a new one, not a tester? Then again, a tester wouldn't have come with a box or cap (usually). I've never bought Creed before, but every other new box I've bought was wrapped in cellophane. Seems odd that this box wasn't sealed in any way. The cap looked a little scuffed too. Weird. But the bottle looks full and the sprayer required a few pumps before any liquid was in it, so clearly, it wasn't used yet.

Ah, but the important part: It smells fantastic! VERY different from my a42b10k04 sample. Definitely more bold initially, as if the pineapple smells juicier. I enjoy both, frankly. I prefer this version only because the other settled down TOO much, but both are excellent.

I intentionally quit using my sample days ago so I wouldn't be disappointed if what arrived smelled different, but in the end, it wouldn't have mattered. The differences are really obvious, but both are fantastic.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 18th July 2012 at 02:15 AM. Reason: D'oh! I inverted the 42 in my batch #. Corrected now!

Dependent

Is this a new batch number? s24b12a01

Also, it just arrived from Fragrancenet unwrapped. That seems odd, doesn't it, considering I bought a new one, not a tester? Then again, a tester wouldn't have come with a box or cap (usually). I've never bought Creed before, but every other new box I've bought was wrapped in cellophane. Seems odd that this box wasn't sealed in any way. The cap looked a little scuffed too. Weird. But the bottle looks full and the sprayer required a few pumps before any liquid was in it, so clearly, it wasn't used yet.

Ah, but the important part: It smells fantastic! VERY different from my a42b10k04 sample. Definitely more bold initially, as if the pineapple smells juicier. I enjoy both, frankly. I prefer this version only because the other settled down TOO much, but both are excellent.

I intentionally quit using my sample days ago so I wouldn't be disappointed if what arrived smelled different, but in the end, it wouldn't have mattered. The differences are really obvious, but both are fantastic.
    If I am not wrong, all Creeds do not come in cellophane even when you get them at retail Seems like lots of BNers here are enjoying the new 2012 Aventus!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

OK, whoa. I'm only a little over an hour into wearing this, but I now TOTALLY understand the anger about Aventus batch variations, except I'm fortunate to be experiencing it in reverse

I found a sample. I liked it enough that I decided to buy it, and since this was my first niche purchase, I wanted the bottle rather than going in on a split. My bottle arrived today. Yay!

Whenever I'm wearing something new, I only use 1 spray. Yes, 1. I go really easy the first time since I don't know what to expect. Little did I realize how much a Creed sprayer puts out... but still... I'm wearing 1 spray to the chest.

I'm only about 75 or 80 minutes into it, but wow, this blows away the sample I liked so much. I'd have been disappointed if this batch was my sample and the 2010 K04 batch was the bottle I received. That K04 was really nice... but compared to this it would be such a letdown. I wouldn't be surprised if there are monster batches from early 2010 or 2011 that are even better than what I just received - but - I don't care. I'm shocked and thrilled by what's in the bottle I just got. It's much more potent than the batch I had. 1 spray to the chest and I could smell it on me as I walked outside running an errand.

If this is what Aventus batches from 2012 are going to smell like, there are going to be lots of happy people.