Code of Conduct
Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,200 of 2290

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by kal2001 View Post
    One of my friend wants to trade A42B11X02 batch bottle so please advice longetivity and general openion of that batch.

Thanks in advance.
    Widely considered the best batch of Aventus every made. Very distinct smokey pineapple and leather. It's monstrous projection got one youtube review sent home from work when he wore 2 sprays. 12+ hour longevity. I own a 50ml decant and I'm using it sparingly. Grab it while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    I saw a 2.5 oz bottle for $150 from amazon by way of tuccini. Is this a go or no go??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I've bought fragrances from Tuccini before and they're legit. $150 seems like a good deal for a 75ml retail bottle of Aventus. But For $150 you could get around 100ml from most splits if you don't mind not having the retail bottle.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Wanted to ask: How you ppl apply creed?? I made 2 sprays on neck and whole house smelled.. i started to think about that, i need spray only 1 x.

ps. Sorry for bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcium View Post
    Wanted to ask: How you ppl apply creed?? I made 2 sprays on neck and whole house smelled.. i started to think about that, i need spray only 1 x.

ps. Sorry for bad english
    Back of the neck at the hairline (leaves a scent trail) and chest under my shirt and I'm good to go.

Just got my 4oz from fragrancenet today

Batch A42B11Z01

Initial spray I got that bug spray vibe but that was gone in less than a minute. Very heavy dose of sweet pineapple and 45mins in I still get a juicy pineapple smell with a hint of woods

sweet!!!..how much?

Quote Originally Posted by pokpok View Post

Batch A42B11Z01

Initial spray I got that bug spray vibe but that was gone in less than a minute. Very heavy dose of sweet pineapple and 45mins in I still get a juicy pineapple smell with a hint of woods

Congrats! Z01 is very similar to X02. I have both and I use Z01 and save X02 for special occasions.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Weird... a 2011 batch from Fragrancenet? I wonder why. I bought a 4oz there months ago and got a 2012. Odd that a purchase months later would end up being a much earlier batch - a whole year earlier.

Anyway... enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    sweet!!!..how much?
    260-20% off = 208... And 6% cash back from ebates

260-20% off = 208... And 6% cash back from ebates
    Got the same bottle and batch for $196 from eBay. The company actually listed the batch # in the description... It's a very good batch!

A42B11Z01 is what I got from Fragrancenet when I ordered 6 bottles in the last 18 days.

I would love to know where to purchase A42B11X02 to compare any perceived "differences."

I bought from a friend, a tester A42B11N01 lot less smoky, duration 24hrs

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    A42B11Z01 is what I got from Fragrancenet when I ordered 6 bottles in the last 18 days.

I would love to know where to purchase A42B11X02 to compare any perceived "differences."

You could have saved yourself a ton of cash if you would have just bought a 17 oz flacon of C42B11Z01 from the Creed Boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by wsaconato View Post
    I bought from a friend, a tester A42B11N01 lot less smoky, duration 24hrs
    Congrats, Thats my favourite one. I must have split somwhere in the region of 25 bottles of that one last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    You could have saved yourself a ton of cash if you would have just bought a 17 oz flacon of C42B11Z01 from the Creed Boutique.

That sounds like a good idea except I wouldn't have the retail bottle which makes it easy to transport in my car and looks really nice. In any event, I contacted Fragrancenet regarding their two-tier price difference . As you know, Fragrancenet sells the EXACT same 4 oz Creed Aventus on their Fragrancenet website for $260; however, on their Fragrancenet ebay store-front it is only $193.50

Fragrancenet completely ignored me the first time! That is bad business in my opinion. I had to send Fragrancenet a second letter:

"Greetings,

This is my SECOND attempt in contacting Fragrancenet.com via email. A response would be appreciated.

I'm writing to receive a credit (back to my credit card) in the amount of $108.82

In the last 2 weeks, I recently ordered 6 bottles of Creed Aventus from Fragrancenet.com; however, Fragrancenet.com also has an eBay storefront which features the exact same product for a lower price of $193.50 (rather than $260 on Fragrancenet.com).

I listed the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-Aventu...item2a2242bb29

Rather than going through the process of returning the 6 bottles back to Fragrancenet.com, and then re-ordering the exact same item from Fragrancenet's eBay storefront (since it's less than 30 days) , it would be more practical to issue a credit adjustment in the amount of the difference of $ 108.82 back to my credit card?

I listed the order numbers below:

291072** ($14.65 price difference x 4 bottles) = $58.60 credit

289865** ($27.66 price difference x 1 bottle = $ 27.66 credit

287661** ($22.56 price difference x 1 bottle) = $22.56 credit

TOTAL CREDIT DUE: $ 108.82

Warm regards"

Fragrancenet refuses to issue a credit adjustment the price-difference. Here is the delayed response from Fragrancenet AFTER I finally got them to respond to me:

"Thank you for contacting FragranceNet.com.

In response to your question, unfortunately we do not offer price matching nor will we be issuing a credit for the difference between the items. Please specify if you wish to return the products as we will be happy to provide you will RMA numbers for each order.

Please contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

FragranceNet.com Customer Service

Phone: 1-800-PARFUMS (727-3867)

631-582-5204 International

Email: info@fragrancenet.com

Over 6,000 Genuine Brand Name Fragrances, Skincare, Candles & More."

I will NEVER buy from Fragrancenet again. I've spent thousands of dollars (literally) over the past 10-years on Fragrancenet and I just spent over $1000 in the last 2-weeks with them and this is how they treat me? That's horrible customer service.

Now I have to send them back all 6 bottles, only to re-purchase all 6 of them again on their ebay storefront. That's just crazy-bad business in my opinion. And it's not "price-matching" if it's within the same company.

Maybe I will just order that Flacon from the Creed Boutique after all, rather than the Fragrancenet eBay store-front....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    I heard it was only $20-$30 range for the lager flacons. So if you're dropping $500 + on a larger flacon, who cares?

Give them a call and post the results.
    Does anyone know if you can still request batch# A42B11X02 from the Creed Boutique?
    Last edited by richfisher6969; 6th September 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post

Does anyone know if you can still request batch# A42B11X02 from the Creed Boutique?

No, X02 is obsolete . Only thing available is Z01. Trust me, we've tried.

@richfisher6969, did you try calling and talking to someone over the phone. Its a lot easier to say no over impersonal email. If you perhaps speak to a manager they may be able to do something for it. That is horrible customer service for them to lose a customer who spends thousands over $100.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    @richfisher6969, did you try calling and talking to someone over the phone. Its a lot easier to say no over impersonal email. If you perhaps speak to a manager they may be able to do something for it. That is horrible customer service for them to lose a customer who spends thousands over $100.

Exactly!

It's not like he found Aventus cheaper from FragranceX and requested a price adjustment on his order. It's from their own eBay store. It looks like A LOT of their eBay store prices are cheaper than their website.

- - - Updated - - -

No, X02 is obsolete . Only thing available is Z01. Trust me, we've tried.
    I've randomly seen 2.5oz bottles with the famous C42B11X02 batch pop up from time to time online.

Ebay prices are usually always a bit cheaper with Etailers. It's used to move old stock quickly to make room for new stock. I and many other people do this in my industry, which is Glassblowing/flameworking, to move out old tools. Although I don't sell my glass art pieces on FleaBay.

I do hope you get a refund, though. My advice is to just get a 500ML flacon from the Creed Boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by awilson529 View Post
    Ebay prices are usually always a bit cheaper with Etailers. It's used to move old stock quickly to make room for new stock. I and many other people do this in my industry, which is Glassblowing/flameworking, to move out old tools. Although I don't sell my glass art pieces on FleaBay.

I do hope you get a refund, though. My advice is to just get a 500ML flacon from the Creed Boutique.
    That's definitely a valid point for other fragrances but I kind of disagree to a certain extent seeing as it is Aventus.

For a while there, Fragrancenet was having trouble keeping Aventus in stock. I don't see how any of it is old if they can barely keep it on the shelves! haha

Prices are higher on fragrancenet vs their ebay listings b/c theres always a 15% or 20% off code.

Exactly!

It's not like he found Aventus cheaper from FragranceX and requested a price adjustment on his order. It's from their own eBay store. It looks like A LOT of their eBay store prices are cheaper than their website.

- - - Updated - - -

I've randomly seen 2.5oz bottles with the famous C42B11X02 batch pop up from time to time online.
    You tell me where. NOW,

Prices are higher on fragrancenet vs their ebay listings b/c theres always a 15% or 20% off code.
    That is not true. The codes are just a gimmick. I utilized the 20% off code EACH time, and I still ended up over-paying $108 for the 6 bottles. Even if one uses those codes, they still over-pay.

One would think the prices would be much cheaper on Fragrancenet vs. their eBay store-front since Fragrancenet obviously avoids any-and-all costs associated with ebay and Paypal fees.

Anyhow, I attempted to call Fragrancenet last night; however, they close at 5pm.

Perhaps Fragrancenet sells the "bad" batch numbers of Aventus on their ebay site vs. Fragrancenet.com?

- - - Updated - - -

You tell me where. NOW,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Creed-Aventu...item19d4b44cbc

The thing is, with that listing (that already ended) it's just the eBay Sellers word that it's the real authentic X02 batch. Anyone can claim they're selling X02, but you would be none-the-wiser (and completely clueless if it's legit) unless its from the manufacturer in the retail box.

Back in the day, I knew an ebay seller who use to buy discounted Dior Homme Intense and Guerlain L'Instant Extreme, etc. etc. etc. from discounters like Strawberrynet and then re-sell them as "official".

The Seller would purchase 1 bottle and take a pic of the official receipt and then claim they purchased ALL of their products from their respective "official" boutiques.

The Seller went as far to show a picture of the receipt in which he claimed to "prove" he bought it at the official boutique, when in reality he only bought one bottle (his personal use) from the official boutique, while ALL the other bottles which he sold were bought from online disounter outlets.

Not that it makes that big of a difference. I was just really surprised to the extent what length a human being would go to in order to sell a bottle of cologne on ebay. Buyer must always beware.
    Last edited by richfisher6969; 7th September 2012 at 12:21 PM.

I bought two tester bottles 120ml for only 55$ each, one with batch number A42B11N01, the other one A42B11Y01. I sprayed Y01 on my right hand and N01 on my left hand. Y01 is very fruity, especially I smell pinapple in it. The other one is nice too but smoky. Y01 is much better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    I agree. I called them Friday and asked to speak to a manager. They refused. They said I could email pamm@fragrancenet.com , but i think that was simply the address of the call center customer service representative that I was already speaking too even though she claimed it was a mangers email. Anyhow, my email went completely ignored.

I asked for an RMA (return merchandise authorization) number at the main fragrancenet email , and that request also went completely ignored. I emailed them again today (5th time regarding this matter. Hopefully I can get an RMA number to send it back since it's lees than 30-days.

It shouldn't take this long to resolve this issue. They said they were in a call center and didn't have access to management.

B0068I3Z1Y any idea guys?
    Tom Ford, Tom Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerior View Post
    B0068I3Z1Y any idea guys?
    That might be the Amazon Standard Identification Number rather than a batch code for Aventus.

http://www.amazon.com/CREED-AVENTUS-.../dp/B0068I3Z1Y
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_...ication_Number

Thanks for everyone's help. Fragrancenet resolved the problem to my satisfaction, and everything is all good.
    Apparently they have two different customer service departments. One for eBay and one for Fragrancenet. The departments are not integrated, even though they are the same company. Anyways, I'm happy with the outcome even if it took longer than I expected.

I have two bottles both the 30ML Bottle. One I bought from Parfumsraffy and the other purchased from fragrancenet. The one I got from Raffy is S42B11N01 and the other Is C42B11Z01.

I can tell you that they are without a doubt different. The S42 Batch I got from raffy is smokier and gives me excellent projection for about 2 hours but then really dies down QUITE a bit.

The C42 Batch has way more of an alchohol smell at the top with way less ashy notes but then as time goes on the ash comes out more. I havent had a chance to wear the C42 batch much yet so i cant attest to projection or longevity accurately but I will certainly post an update
    Im not going to lie to you; that smells like pure gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    I have two bottles both the 30ML Bottle. One I bought from Parfumsraffy and the other purchased from fragrancenet. The one I got from Raffy is S42B11N01 and the other Is C42B11Z01.

I can tell you that they are without a doubt different. The S42 Batch I got from raffy is smokier and gives me excellent projection for about 2 hours but then really dies down QUITE a bit.

The C42 Batch has way more of an alchohol smell at the top with way less ashy notes but then as time goes on the ash comes out more. I havent had a chance to wear the C42 batch much yet so i cant attest to projection or longevity accurately but I will certainly post an update
    I actually just got a Z01 bottle in today, and the decant of Aventus I have might be from N01 batch.
    Perhaps I'll get a better understanding of the difference(s) as time goes on, .

Default Which Creed Aventus lots are the best, so-so, and which ones are the worst?

Which Creed Aventus lots are the best, so-so, and which ones are the worst?

I want to call the Creed Boutique and see which lots they have.

Which one is the best and lasts the longest?
    which ones are the worst and dont have good longevity?

Default Re: Which Creed Aventus lots are the best, so-so, and which ones are the worst?

Default Re: Which Creed Aventus lots are the best, so-so, and which ones are the worst?

I know you're hoping for a quick instant answer, but the truth is: search. Type Aventus into the search box above and start reading. It'll either help you to spend - or help you avoid spending - a lot of money.

Best and worst will depend on your tastes. Some adore the smokiest batch from 2010. Others loved the pineapple heavy batch of 2011. Current batches fall in-between, and that's exactly how I like it.

Honestly, if you buy it now, you're 99% certain to get a 2011/2012 batch that is pineapple and smoke. And pretty much awesome. The real issue, in my opinion, was that Creed was unprepared for how successful Aventus would be. That caused batch variations in 2010 and early 2011 as they tried to keep up with demand. Now, they seem to have figured out how to keep up while also keeping the scent consistent.

Buy it. Enjoy it. If you're not sure, buy a decant. You'll save money and know which batch you're getting before it even arrives.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Diva D's batch numbers thread is what you want. Start at the end, not the beginning, and work your way back (I say this because your odds of finding a 2010 batch are slim compared to the odds of finding a more recent batch).

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I know you're hoping for a quick instant answer, but the truth is: search. Type Aventus into the search box above and start reading. It'll either help you to spend - or help you avoid spending - a lot of money.

Best and worst will depend on your tastes. Some adore the smokiest batch from 2010. Others loved the pineapple heavy batch of 2011. Current batches fall in-between, and that's exactly how I like it.

Honestly, if you buy it now, you're 99% certain to get a 2011/2012 batch that is pineapple and smoke. And pretty much awesome. The real issue, in my opinion, was that Creed was unprepared for how successful Aventus would be. That caused batch variations in 2010 and early 2011 as they tried to keep up with demand. Now, they seem to have figured out how to keep up while also keeping the scent consistent.

Buy it. Enjoy it. If you're not sure, buy a decant. You'll save money and know which batch you're getting before it even arrives.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Diva D's batch numbers thread is what you want. Start at the end, not the beginning, and work your way back (I say this because your odds of finding a 2010 batch are slim compared to the odds of finding a more recent batch).
    Thanks! I asked because I recently got Aventus 2.5 oz. from scentedmonkey and I loveeee it so much I want to get a 4.0 oz.
    My batch # is A42B12D01

Decided to see what all the hype is. As soon as I put it on I asked my mom's opinion. She usually hates my regular colognes (A-men, bvlgari aqva, creed SMW, Creed GIT) and she wouldnt stop talking about how good Aventus is after smelling me. She then called to me and said wow the smell is still stuck in the room smells amazing, and now wants to get a bottle for my dad. Smells amazing and dries down to a nice pineapplish scent. A+ 2012 batch D01

http://i49.tinypic.com/52xfgw.jpg

After a full wearing of Batch C42B11Z01. I can affirm that after 3 sprays. I got 4 hours of longevity and projection for the first hour only. I think Ill need some more sprays of this one for it to work.

My S42 batch while smokier gives me a good 6 hours of Longevity with projection for 3-4.
    Im not going to lie to you; that smells like pure gasoline.

After a full wearing of Batch C42B11Z01. I can affirm that after 3 sprays. I got 4 hours of longevity and projection for the first hour only. I think Ill need some more sprays of this one for it to work.

My S42 batch while smokier gives me a good 6 hours of Longevity with projection for 3-4.
    Try less sprays. Try 1-2 and see how it is for you.

Z01 is a good batch. Give it a week to mix with air in the bottle. Then post your findings. I have a batch of Z01 AND a split I did with 2 other members of the same Z01. The Z01 that I've had longer has much better longevity after airing some.

Quote Originally Posted by awilson529 View Post
    Z01 is a good batch. Give it a week to mix with air in the bottle. Then post your findings. I have a batch of Z01 AND a split I did with 2 other members of the same Z01. The Z01 that I've had longer has much better longevity after airing some.
    o wow so youre telling me it's gonna get even better? wow soon there wont be any panties for this cologne to melt off haha Ive already gotten 5 compliments from different females

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    o wow so youre telling me it's gonna get even better? wow soon there wont be any panties for this cologne to melt off haha Ive already gotten 5 compliments from different females
    That's my experience. I've had a 4oz bottle of Z01 for about a month, month and a half. Psychoskip, 1280Adam and myself just split a 500ml flacon of the same batch this week. The Z01 that I've had for a while has quite a bit of air in the bottle from use. Comparing the 2, same batch, mind you, the one I've had longer does indeed have better longevity and projection.

I get so many compliments on the Z01 batch (both the one I've had for a month and the 1 week old split) that it amazes me. And I'm not one to search out compliments. I just wear what I like so that I can enjoy it.

Does Creed even acknowledge the batch variations?
    Do they have any type of explanation other that "we use natural ingredients blah blah blah...."

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

1 or 2 sprays of Z01 for me and I'm set. How about you guys with this same batch?

Z01 batch

1 full spray to the chest and 1/2 spray each side of the neck. Sprayed in the morning before 11am and on my drive home from work at 10pm, i can still smell hints of pineapple.

My Z01 stays pretty linear, all I get is pineapple, a hint of apple and smoke.. I can't smell the middle notes or the drydown???

I only used this bottle for less than a week.

Z01 batch

1 full spray to the chest and 1/2 spray each side of the neck. Sprayed in the morning before 11am and on my drive home from work at 10pm, i can still smell hints of pineapple.

My Z01 stays pretty linear, all I get is pineapple, a hint of apple and smoke.. I can't smell the middle notes or the drydown???

I only used this bottle for less than a week.
    Thats all i need

- - - Updated - - -

Batch A42B11Z01

I ordered from their eBay store for $193.00 and just received the same batch today. I already had a decant of c42b11z01. They're seemingly identical but was just wondering why the first letter is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    Thats all i need

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered from their eBay store for $193.00 and just received the same batch today. I already had a decant of c42b11z01. They're seemingly identical but was just wondering why the first letter is different.
    It's the same juice/batch. The first letter just represents a different size bottle. I think "A" is the 4 oz bottle, and "C" is the 2.5 oz. bottle. But it's the exact same batch.

I think $193.50 with free s/h is a great deal, especially for THIS famous pineapple batch.

I think it's important for everyone to realize that top notes often "disappear" quickly. This is all olfactory. You get used to it. It's still there and present. The Z01 batches, along with the X02 batches have fruitier top notes, opposed to smokey notes. It's a lot easier to smell the smokiness and have it relate to longevity rather than keep smelling the pineapple.

When I spray the z01, I usually spray my neck, chest, and wrists. I will sniff my wrists and i can still smell it, but I cannot smell it just sitting there. Others can, however, so be sure you don't over do it.

Dependent

I think it's important for everyone to realize that top notes often "disappear" quickly. This is all olfactory. You get used to it. It's still there and present. The Z01 batches, along with the X02 batches have fruitier top notes, opposed to smokey notes. It's a lot easier to smell the smokiness and have it relate to longevity rather than keep smelling the pineapple.

When I spray the z01, I usually spray my neck, chest, and wrists. I will sniff my wrists and i can still smell it, but I cannot smell it just sitting there. Others can, however, so be sure you don't over do it.

i knew i wasnt crazy i get no smokeness
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Just got batch # A42B11Z01 from FragranceNet. Hopefully this will provide some guidance to anyone interested in getting a bottle.

Whats the impressions/verdict on batch S42B12C01

The Z01 is good juice. I'll have to give Creed a call and order an N01 batch, if they have any.

How do you like Aventus overall? It's becoming my signature scent, but I think I'm going to switch it up to Bond 9 Riverside Dr., as I don't want to get 'used to' the deliciousness of Aventus.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep! I've had many people ask what scent I was wearing when I couldn't smell it. Even smelling my inner elbow (crease from upper to lower arm), where I apply, I couldn't smell it.

Aventus is very guilty of olfactory murderer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    Whats the impressions/verdict on batch S42B12C01
    Never seen nor heard of it. Have you tried it? If so, do you like it? Can you describe the notes? Is it more pineappley or smokey?
    Last edited by awilson529; 14th September 2012 at 11:13 PM.

got it today still cant tell because my nose is a bit stuffy but i sprayed it on my wrist and on other wrist sprayed a diff batch i have and my mom said they smell the same so thats good i guess lol

Ok, thought I'd jump in regarding the recent batch I received, and offer up a couple comments, experiences and questions. I recently received a decant of the 2011 Z01 batch. As some others have described, the very first shot out of the atomizer was a bit strong on the alcohol, then quickly faded to some pineapple and then the dry-down. The second time, I really didn't get the "bug spray" alcohol smell, and the fruit notes were already noticeably more present, rich and vibrant. Now, what's odd is that I don't really get ANY "smokiness" at all at any point. What I do get, though, is a very distinct (albeit light) gasoline-like smell lurking in the "shadows" for the first 1-2 hours. Maybe this is what others refer to as the smokey/ashy part? Anyway, to my nose, it's definitely a gasoline-like odor...seriously...as if they dropped the tiniest amount of actual gasoline into the fragrance.

It's not overly strong, just "there". The funny thing is, I don't really mind it all that much, but I will say that I know I'd enjoy the fragrance even more if it weren't there in the early stages. Then, this smell fades into a light, clean leathery smell in the background instead as it dries down. So, my questions are: Does anyone else get this, or even the slightest hint of it, AND, what notes would create this - or the leathery - smell, as the ones listed for Aventus don't make sense to create it?? Anyway, it doesn't take away from the other beautiful aspects of the fragrance, just seemed a very odd smell to include with the rest of the blend.

Finally, I wore it tonight for a family hike. My wife, who rarely ever offers up compliments or comments on my frags unsolicited, said before we left, "Ooh, I REALLY like the cologne you have on." I asked her what she liked about it, why, and what she thought it smelled like, just out of curiosity. She said she really couldn't pinpoint why, couldn't really distinguish "what" it smelled like, but that she thought it maybe smelled a bit "musky" in a way she really liked. Anyway, thought that was interesting & worth a share. On a side note, at some point into the hike, my body heat was raising, and man did the pineapple and some of the other great notes start developing and projecting richly again. Also, I'm about to head to bed, now, but am sitting at almost 7 hours after putting it on, and when I get up and move around I can easily still smell it projecting (2 sprays from a decanted atomizer - 1 to the chest (under shirt) and one to back of the neck). So far this Z01 batch has been beastly for me with projection and longevity. Last time I wore it, I could still smell it on my forearm after 24 hours (which included sleeping, working out AND showering). No doubts on my end that it's VERY strong juice!!

^^^ I get the smokey/ashy smell at the 1hr mark also then it disappears and becomes pineapple again.

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

Batch variation with Aventus is NOT a myth. Ive done extensive research and they do have varying composition but the same main accords. Nobody should be scared about blind buying Aventus apart from the K01 batch. The tart fruitiness - Pineapple/apple/Blackcurrant are NOT CIRTUS FRUIT! - is very prominent in every other batch, & the fruitier it is, the less impressive the longevity will be. My favorite batch is the 12A01 batch, deemed the apple batch, this is the first batch where i prominently detected the apple pulp (not just the peel), just like in 100% apple juice & a hint of the blackcurrant. In other batches one would detect the Pineapple pulp & the apple peel (which can also be interpreted as the pineapple hide). Projection is far reaching & loud as usual, sillage is voluminous as usual & longevity is 12+ on a cool day & 8+ on a hot/warm day. Ive even gotten 24hrs (pineappley amber-gris drydown from 12hrs) longevity with this batch.

As for why the batch variations, Im surprised that as much as people discuss CREED on this forum, no one has set the record straight. CREED is a house that is over 250 years old, they use a lot of time-worn, pain-staking, vintage methods to create their fragrances. It is a hand-made process that is not highly industrialized like more modern houses do. They also use a high level of natural essentials rather than synthetic supplements, therefore the temperamental nature of Mother Nature will be evident in the crop yield. As cute as this sounds it is highly inefficient. Y do they do this? It has to do with vintage appeal & tradition. It's like asking why buy hand-made shoes, which are liable to minor variation, instead of precision manufactured shoes. IMO it's an inefficiency that is unnecessary, that being said Oliver Creed is aware of the variations and has said that different people like different batches (which is true) so people buy the batch that is tailor-made to suit their preferences. The only ppl that complain are those that need to blind buy through discounters.

LET THAT BE THE DEFINITE WORD ON CREED BATCH VARIATIONS!
    Last edited by LupeX; 15th September 2012 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rollzst View Post
    IMO C42B11Y02 is the very best batch. I get 10+ hours longevity and its very pineapple heavy
    I have the very same batch and really like it! I Haven't smelled other batches but I'm very safistied with this one i got. Heavy pineapple and a hint of smokiness in a drydown is what i get.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    I doubt this is going to be discontinued.

Last I heard, creed is sold out of the x02 batch
    I believe he meant the X02 batch is no longer.

The current Z01 batch is excellent. But really, the best batch is what YOU like the most. Smell is so subjective that it's different for everyone. But Z01 is currently the universal 'best' batch.

^^^^ This, There is no best batch. Theyr all amazing apart from the atrocity that was k01. However, i do know someone that prefers that batch over everything else!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFresh View Post
    I have the Z02 batch, big ups to heperd for the split. It's odd, when sprayed on my neck longevity was barely 2-3 hrs but the sprays I had applied to my arm were well over 5 hrs, possibly more if I hadn't washed my arms. It was quite smokey actually, with an undercurrent of Pineapple lingering at the depths of the smoke. Wasn't exactly what I was expecting but it wasn't too bad either. I'm curious to experiment with the Z01 batch but something tells me it'll be very similar...

I'm more interested in the X02 batch and the 2012 "apple" batches.
    ^^^The definition of Olfactory Fatigue! lol You sprayed too close to your nostrils & yur brain tuned out the aroma - this phenomenon is also not a myth!!! Make sure to never over-spray even if U think yur not getting good performance! U'll be wasting yur juice & annoying every1!

Quote Originally Posted by JJfresh View Post
    Hey guys, I heard of the famous pineapple batch and also the possibility of it being discontinued. I also hear the 2012 has been deemed "apple batch". I was thinking of picking up a bottle can anyone tell me which batches/numbers are the best to get. I live in new York so I was planning on going to the boutique possibly.thanks.
    The apple and the pineapple is the same accord. The only difference is some people perceive it as apple and others as pineapple.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I doubt very much that Creed would even consider discontinuing Aventus. It is one of Creed's Rockstar fragrances and the house is making good money off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LupeX View Post
    Batch variation with Aventus is NOT a myth.
    As for why the batch variations, Im surprised that as much as people discuss CREED on this forum, no one has set the record straight. CREED is a house that is over 250 years old, they use a lot of time-worn, pain-staking, vintage methods to create their fragrances. It is a hand-made process that is not highly industrialized like more modern houses do. They also use a high level of natural essentials rather than synthetic supplements, therefore the temperamental nature of Mother Nature will be evident in the crop yield. As cute as this sounds it is highly inefficient. Y do they do this? It has to do with vintage appeal & tradition. It's like asking why buy hand-made shoes, which are liable to minor variation, instead of precision manufactured shoes. IMO it's an inefficiency that is unnecessary, that being said Oliver Creed is aware of the variations and has said that different people like different batches (which is true) so people buy the batch that is tailor-made to suit their preferences. The only ppl that complain are those that need to blind buy through discounters.

LET THAT BE THE DEFINITE WORD ON CREED BATCH VARIATIONS!
    This is exactly why there are batch variations. It's not a quality control issue at all, imo. Nothing in nature is ever the same, thus the variations. Personally, I rather like it. Now it can be frustrating when a batch isn't to my or your liking. But that's just the way it is.

I think it's neat that Creed stays true to their time honored methods of manufacturing.