Code of Conduct
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,260 of 2565

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

just got my A42B11Z01 batch from fragrancenet(ebay) on tuesday and love it, the pineapple is nice and juicy. ive been using the A42B10K04 since last year, and boy have i been missing out.....

Ok, so follow-up to my recent post. Now 3 full wearings into the 2011 z01 batch & WOW! I didn't really get the fresh, juicy pineapple from it the first couple of times for some reason, but now, on my 3rd wearing, it just bloomed and boy was it great! I still get a slight "gasoline" smell very early on in the background, but less pronounced, no smoke, and the drydown is well blended, but mostly light pineapple wafts and a great muskiness. This is one of those fragrances that's hard to put my finger on all facets, but something about it just makes me want to keep smelling it more and I never tire of it. Still VERY long lasting, too!
    But seriously, I can't figure out the "gas note" early on...is it the blackcurrant, or birch/birch tar maybe? Does anyone else get this, or am I crazy? I mean, I see the smoke or ash reference all the time, but have never seen someone mention it the way I'm smelling it.

I'm getting so tired of seeing this thread bumped. It's like a cat chasing it's tail.

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Ok, so follow-up to my recent post. Now 3 full wearings into the 2011 z01 batch & WOW! I didn't really get the fresh, juicy pineapple from it the first couple of times for some reason, but now, on my 3rd wearing, it just bloomed and boy was it great! I still get a slight "gasoline" smell very early on in the background, but less pronounced, no smoke, and the drydown is well blended, but mostly light pineapple wafts and a great muskiness. This is one of those fragrances that's hard to put my finger on all facets, but something about it just makes me want to keep smelling it more and I never tire of it. Still VERY long lasting, too!
    But seriously, I can't figure out the "gas note" early on...is it the blackcurrant, or birch/birch tar maybe? Does anyone else get this, or am I crazy? I mean, I see the smoke or ash reference all the time, but have never seen someone mention it the way I'm smelling it.
    Hey, Man. I know what you're talking about. The first sample of Aventus I had was from a 2010 batch. It was extremely smoky. It literally smelled like a bonfire with some pineapple hiding in the background. Now I have the Z01 batch (A42B11Z01 to be exact) and I smell no smoke. I do understand that "gasoline" smell you're talking about. It kind of reminds me of when I was a little kid. One of my favorite things to do was mowing the lawn. In this Z01 batch, I have the faint smell of a freshly-mowed lawn mixed with the exhaust of an old lawn mower. I don't know what note is causing this.

I personally prefer the smoky batch that I had a long time ago because of how "dark" it was, but this one seems to be easier to wear. I just received this bottle today, so I haven't tested it in "the field" yet.

UPDATE:

I spoke too soon! I had just gotten that bottle and applied it. So, it was still in the top notes when I wrote the review. After about an hour of wearing it, the "smoke" slapped me in the face. The pineapple was still there, but the smoke came out of nowhere. In the 2010 batch I had when I first tried Aventus, the smoke was there as soon as it contacted my skin. With this Z01 batch, the smoke comes later. I went to sleep and woke up about 7 hours after applying it, and the Aventus was still strong! I love this stuff!
    Last edited by slesperado; 23rd September 2012 at 08:10 AM.

Default Re: Best batch of aventus?

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Batch variation= internet myth. The notion that a company would vary the ingredients they use is beyond ridiculous. It's all in your head, stop reading nonsense. If you did blind tests with different batches I would bet any amount of money that basenoters couldn't tell the difference. I could be wrong of course, maybe I'm just lucky and get the best every time.
    Actually I did do a single blind with a sample from Barney's versus a split.

Both I and the GF could readily tell the two apart, not only with side-by-side testing but also after an hour drydown. We didn't have three people and I was too lazy to set up two spritzers with a code to do a double blind.

This is my first Creed though, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by LupeX View Post
    Batch variation with Aventus is NOT a myth. Ive done extensive research and they do have varying composition but the same main accords. Nobody should be scared about blind buying Aventus apart from the K01 batch. The tart fruitiness - Pineapple/apple/Blackcurrant are NOT CIRTUS FRUIT! - is very prominent in every other batch, & the fruitier it is, the less impressive the longevity will be. My favorite batch is the 12A01 batch, deemed the apple batch, this is the first batch where i prominently detected the apple pulp (not just the peel), just like in 100% apple juice & a hint of the blackcurrant. In other batches one would detect the Pineapple pulp & the apple peel (which can also be interpreted as the pineapple hide). Projection is far reaching & loud as usual, sillage is voluminous as usual & longevity is 12+ on a cool day & 8+ on a hot/warm day. Ive even gotten 24hrs (pineappley amber-gris drydown from 12hrs) longevity with this batch.

As for why the batch variations, Im surprised that as much as people discuss CREED on this forum, no one has set the record straight. CREED is a house that is over 250 years old, they use a lot of time-worn, pain-staking, vintage methods to create their fragrances. It is a hand-made process that is not highly industrialized like more modern houses do. They also use a high level of natural essentials rather than synthetic supplements, therefore the temperamental nature of Mother Nature will be evident in the crop yield. As cute as this sounds it is highly inefficient. Y do they do this? It has to do with vintage appeal & tradition. It's like asking why buy hand-made shoes, which are liable to minor variation, instead of precision manufactured shoes. IMO it's an inefficiency that is unnecessary, that being said Oliver Creed is aware of the variations and has said that different people like different batches (which is true) so people buy the batch that is tailor-made to suit their preferences. The only ppl that complain are those that need to blind buy through discounters.

LET THAT BE THE DEFINITE WORD ON CREED BATCH VARIATIONS!
    ^^^So true.

Wouldnt it be great if this cleared everything up and everyone stopped posting about the batch variations.

How many batches have been made since the release of Aventus ?
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Right now it seems like the Z01 batch is the best and most available via the Creed boutique. I've had a sample of it (5mL) before and it was great, if not a little ashy at the end.

The problem is really going to arise once a persons favorite batch is no longer available.

Default Aventus - Batch Y01 or Z01? (Would like comaprisons/opinions from Aventus owners)

Hello fellow BN'ers. I've finally decided to pull the trigger on getting a 4.0oz bottle of Aventus. I have two options.

A42B11Y01

or

A42B11Z01

From my understandings from doing my own research the Y01 batch is smokier and darker with the burnt woody pineapple lingering more in the base.

The Z01 is fruitier with sweeter pineapple smell that lingers for 2 hours and less smokier than the Y01 and then goes to the smoky pineapple notes with a bit of alcohol/gasoline lingering in the background which then turns into more smoke.

This is all from my own research here on BN. Unfortunately I do not have any samples of both batches and would like to ask the opinions of those that have own or have smelled both the Y01 and Z01 batches to give me a fair comparison. I have only maybe a few days left to decide as I'm asking a friend to bring back the fragrance for me from the states. Any advice is truly appreciated.

Thank you.

Default Re: Aventus - Batch Y01 or Z01? (Would like comaprisons/opinions from Aventus owners)

I can only speak for the 2011 Z01 batch. I'm absolutely loving it & it seems to get better (smoother, richer) with each wear. The pineapple is beautiful & natural & definitely stands out from start to finish. I did get a hint of a gasoline smell the 1st couple wears, but since then that's really gone mostly away & instead now smells much more like a light, clean leather as an undertone. I get no smokiness, really, but what many fail to mention is how nice the overall blend itself is. It's not just about the pineapple. I find the apple, rose, musk, oak moss, etc to all blend beautifully once it dries down. So, yes, I'm very happy with the Z01 batch & not sure I'd change a thing.

Default Re: Aventus - Batch Y01 or Z01? (Would like comaprisons/opinions from Aventus owners)

X02 > Z01 > rest. Based on what I've smelled.

Default Anyone heard of this Creed Aventus batch?

Just wondering if anyones come across this Creed Aventus batch FP42B12E01. It's suppossedly a 2012 batch and if you have what has it been like for you in terms of smell, projection, longevity etc?

Many thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone heard of this Creed Aventus batch?

That doesn't look like a Aventus batch #...fake alert!!!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Hey, nobody talks about the X01 batch. I bought a bottle of S42B11X01 , i will get it next week. Is this a good long lasting one?
    best regards

1000 replies!
    i have samples of the C42B11Y02 batch, is the X02 batch better? i have no other batches to compare with

- - - Updated - - -

1000 replies!
    i have samples of the C42B11Y02 batch, is the X02 batch better? i have no other batches to compare with

If you like it, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by richfisher6969 View Post
    Thanks for everyone's help. Fragrancenet resolved the problem to my satisfaction, and everything is all good.
    Apparently they have two different customer service departments. One for eBay and one for Fragrancenet. The departments are not integrated, even though they are the same company. Anyways, I'm happy with the outcome even if it took longer than I expected.
    Awesome! im glad to hear it was resolved in your favor. like i said, it made no sense for them to lose someone who spent so much over that amount.

How many batch numbers have been made since the release of Aventus in '08 ?

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    How many batch numbers have been made since the release of Aventus in '08 ?
    '10*?

My bad, must have confused it with something else.

I just got batch number S42B12A01 from a fellow basenoter... I am actually a little disappointed it is good but not as fruity as I have gotten on my split with Heperd. This one has a more ashy smell than I had before.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    I just got batch number S42B12A01 from a fellow basenoter... I am actually a little disappointed it is good but not as fruity as I have gotten on my split with Heperd. This one has a more ashy smell than I had before.
    I got a 4oz bottle of that batch code and haven't even done a full wearing with it yet :/ I've been wearing my decant of C42B11X02 because I absolutely love everything about that batch.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

mihailo

Y02 smells like pineapple. This is the only Creed I love.

Smells like GIT after an hour. The opening is fantastic. Dry-down is not that special.
    Last edited by mihailo; 9th October 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by colognejunkie2000 View Post
    I got a 4oz bottle of that batch code and haven't even done a full wearing with it yet :/ I've been wearing my decant of C42B11X02 because I absolutely love everything about that batch.
    Might wanna save the X02 for special occasions.

oh noooo....... my aventus parcel is lost by courier. Do the stores actually sells only good batches (2012 -13) ? i am afraid of these 1000 comments of batches. i want a long lasting one. It is incredible that i must investigate which batch is a good one.
    I dont want to buy an ancient relict... only an aventus!!!!
    Greetings from germany, hope you can help me.
    Last edited by billi881; 16th October 2012 at 07:00 PM.

oh noooo....... my aventus parcel is lost by courier. Do the stores actually sells only good batches (2012 -13) ? i am afraid of these 1000 comments of batches. i want a long lasting one. It is incredible that i must investigate which batch is a good one.
    I dont want to buy an ancient relict... only an aventus!!!!
    Greetings from germany, hope you can help me.

I've had a few different batches of Aventus now and I dont think there is a 'bad' batch, just different batches. The 2011 batches seemed to have more prominent opening notes of the pineapple whereas the 2012 batches are stronger in the middle notes. Just sample before you buy and you should get a good idea if its what you're looking for (or not).

Blog Entries

any thoughts on A42B12C02 or A42B11Y01 ?

Dcampbell

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    any thoughts on A42B12C02 or A42B11Y01 ?
    Just got C02 in the mail today and sprayed it on. I get the "apple" smell that I have heard people talk about. I really like it good balance between smoke and fruit. I only have had it on for 45 mins so no answer on longevity.

The batch I have (sample) there is very little pineapple/apple if any at all, it is very woodsy and smokey all the way through.

hahaha finally smelled the Z01 batch and after 2 minutes my nose can't detect it (fatigue for sure but still lol). Doesn't smell any different than my my other 2011 batch.

yesterday i called the nearest shop with creed fragrances. I ask if she could please look under the package to tell me the batch numbers. She was really crazy, she said she is absolutely sure about the quality of creed and every every every aventus is the same . She did not understand what i mean. She was so silly ...and i had no more desire to tell her more about this. "ok you're right , thank you".

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    I bought two tester bottles 120ml for only 55$ each, one with batch number A42B11N01, the other one A42B11Y01. I sprayed Y01 on my right hand and N01 on my left hand. Y01 is very fruity, especially I smell pinapple in it. The other one is nice too but smoky. Y01 is much better in my opinion.
    Where did u purchased tester at this low price.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yuyu15 View Post
    I bought two tester bottles 120ml for only 55$ each, one with batch number A42B11N01, the other one A42B11Y01. I sprayed Y01 on my right hand and N01 on my left hand. Y01 is very fruity, especially I smell pinapple in it. The other one is nice too but smoky. Y01 is much better in my opinion.
    You bought TWO 120ml testers for $55 each?? They must have been stolen if they were genuine. The best deal I ever found for a Aventus tester was $165 and that was no box, no cap. Heck I haven't even seen fake knock off Aventus for that price!!!

For those thinking about making a purchase, received an Aventus A42B11Z01 batch from FragranceNet (eBay) yesterday.

well , without a doubt, i studie all this comments and came to the conclusion that there is no "bad " batch, you have all different type of skins. AVENTUS is AVENTUS and will ever be AVENTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcampbell View Post
    Just got C02 in the mail today and sprayed it on. I get the "apple" smell that I have heard people talk about. I really like it good balance between smoke and fruit. I only have had it on for 45 mins so no answer on longevity.
    Any further update on batch CO2 will be appericated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kal2001 View Post
    Any further update on batch CO2 will be appericated.
    I just got a bottle of C02 and there is a profound difference from Z01. C02 is lighter on the pineapple and apples, and seems to become smokier faster. Its longevity seems to be about average. Seems to be fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by darcy666 View Post
    Wearing this today from your split and I can confirm it smells awesome
    Darcy what is the longevity on this one? How many hours are you getting?

I have S42B11S01. I find a great balance of Pineapple and wood smoke. I have never experienced the ashy batch but have only sampled 4 bottles and owning 2.

so i paid yesterday 150 USD (120 EUR) for 75ml in Germany online-perfume-store and i get today the B11Z01 batch

Does anyone know how many batch numbers have been made ?

Bought off Amazon a week ago http://www.amazon.com/Creed-Aventus-...ywords=aventus and just got it today. Was $199 when I got it, with free shipping. Batch #A42B11Z01

tested E01 in the store and lasted long and very smoky in the drydown

Can anyone help identify my batch ?

- 8+ hours longevity
    - Very smokey and woodsy with hardly any pineapple until the last few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by inc0gnito View Post
    Can anyone help identify my batch ?

- 8+ hours longevity
    - Very smokey and woodsy with hardly any pineapple until the last few hours.
    Check the bottle.

I've got a sample.

C42B11X02, which as noted in this thread here : http://www.basenotes.net/threads/292...02-Comparisons

This batch is currently being used for the fragancenet.com samples of Aventus. I ordered a few sample vials for friends who have been asking to try Aventus for themselves, but being the scent-miser that I am, I refused to let them use my bottle of the stuff. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised that they are using this lot in the sample vials as I thought it would still be the 2010 vials, now I will probably end up ordering a few more samples so I can do side-by-side comparisons with my current batch - S24B12A01. So if anyone is looking to see for themselves what the fuss is about that batch, you can find them there, sorry in advance if they sell out of the samples,

My bottle's A42B11Y02 and I love it. Very strong Pineapple in this one. I'd love to try the legendary X02 but I've heard my batch is one of the better ones (lucky, too, this batch was all my store had).

Quote Originally Posted by RunSun View Post
    C42B11X02, which as noted in this thread here : http://www.basenotes.net/threads/292...02-Comparisons

This batch is currently being used for the fragancenet.com samples of Aventus. I ordered a few sample vials for friends who have been asking to try Aventus for themselves, but being the scent-miser that I am, I refused to let them use my bottle of the stuff. Needless to say, I was pretty surprised that they are using this lot in the sample vials as I thought it would still be the 2010 vials, now I will probably end up ordering a few more samples so I can do side-by-side comparisons with my current batch - S24B12A01. So if anyone is looking to see for themselves what the fuss is about that batch, you can find them there, sorry in advance if they sell out of the samples,
    Do you know when they started using those samples? I bought one probably a month or two ago and I noticed no real difference from the Z01 batch I had as a 5mL sample from before. If anything, it may have been a little less ashy or smoky, but it really wasn't noticeable.

I have a split of the famous X02 batch (its beautiful). I also have a batch of Z01 coming to me in the mail. I'll post a comparison of the two sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by adam4949 View Post
    I have a split of the famous X02 batch (its beautiful). I also have a batch of Z01 coming to me in the mail. I'll post a comparison of the two sometime soon.
    Please do!

In fact, I have a request: Find a friend to spray them both. Wear no scents that day. Then, have your friend spray one on your left arm and the other on your right without telling you which scent is which. Make sure you're using similar sprayers so you won't know (I say this because ho-ly-crap are Creed sprayers powerful!) I'd be curious to read your opinions of both if you don't know which is which when you're smelling them.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Do you know when they started using those samples? I bought one probably a month or two ago and I noticed no real difference from the Z01 batch I had as a 5mL sample from before. If anything, it may have been a little less ashy or smoky, but it really wasn't noticeable.
    I don't, sorry. From what I have heard from other posters it's a complete craps shoot on what batch you will be receiving. Just as an example my brother and I both ordered bottles of Aventus around the same time a few months back, he got a 2010 batch for his 75ml and I got a 2012 batch for my 120 ml. They could have the current sample vial batch for another day or for another month, there's just no way to know

Basenotes Member

I just got my first Aventus from Fragrancenet yesterdayy and my batch number is: A42B12D01 and i gotta say i love the wayy it smells

I don't get too much pineapple in the initial burst but it is there and I find it more smokey and woodsey. I do like it but I havent really had a chance to test the longevity and silllage on it. Does anyonee have the same batch?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowzxfire View Post
    I just got my first Aventus from Fragrancenet yesterdayy and my batch number is: A42B12D01 and i gotta say i love the wayy it smells

I don't get too much pineapple in the initial burst but it is there and I find it more smokey and woodsey. I do like it but I havent really had a chance to test the longevity and silllage on it. Does anyonee have the same batch?
    just bought same batch number from john lewis in glasgow this afternoon
    Its 1973, almost dinner time , i'm having hoops !

Basenotes Member

So after wearing it for a night, my thoughts on the batch i have was that it appears to fade away quickly (after an hour or so) but comes back to haunt me at the most random times. For example, after the 45 mins - an hour mark, I couldn't detect it anymore but every so often, i suddenly caught a whiff of it and when i went to sniff the actual area that I sprayed it, i could detect it faintly. But when the whiffs came, they were pretty strong and since I sprayed my forearm, it meant that there must have been decent sillage.

I fell asleep and when I woke up in the morning, I could still catch subtle hints of it on me.. so I would say, it lasted me about 12 hours?

not too shabby

Quote Originally Posted by shadowzxfire View Post
    So after wearing it for a night, my thoughts on the batch i have was that it appears to fade away quickly (after an hour or so) but comes back to haunt me at the most random times. For example, after the 45 mins - an hour mark, I couldn't detect it anymore but every so often, i suddenly caught a whiff of it and when i went to sniff the actual area that I sprayed it, i could detect it faintly. But when the whiffs came, they were pretty strong and since I sprayed my forearm, it meant that there must have been decent sillage.

I fell asleep and when I woke up in the morning, I could still catch subtle hints of it on me.. so I would say, it lasted me about 12 hours?

not too shabby
    The lack of being able to smell it isn't a batch variation thing, it's just an Aventus thing. I've had a few different batches via samples and they have all done this. You wear it for an hour and it's awesome, but then it gets sort of hidden by your olfactory senses and comes up every once and a while unless you smell your shirt or something.

This whole thing about batch numbers is going to kill me, ALL I WANT IS A BOTTLE OF BLOODY AVENTUS !! #rant

Now that I got that out of the way, how do the 2012 batches compare to the rest ?

Just buy a bottle then. All of this stems from a couple of sub-par batches from 2010.
    2012 batches are great.