Code of Conduct
Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,440 of 2623

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Am I the only one who actually prefers the "ashy" batches? That birch note is what makes Aventus to me. Plus, to me, Aventus is a cold weather scent (too heavy for my summer tastes). Anyway, my favorite sample/decant I've had was the first really strong smoky 2010 batch from The Perfumed Court that I had. I also liked the fact that the ashyness of these batches overroad that vanilla/ambergris note in the base, which is my least favorite part of Aventus. Anyway, I love Aventus (all batches), but I actually really prefer that smoky birch note for winter.

I'm with you on that one Brian. I also bought a Perfumedcourt decant in 2010 that I loved, it lasted forever. When I purchased my bottle in 2011 I was let down, it didn't last as long or smell as good.

I remember (when first trying this one out) getting a 5 ml decant of Aventus once that absolutely amazed me. I then got in on a split (this was about 2 or 3 years ago), and was kind of underwhelmed. At first, it was all ashy/smokey - Eventually there was much more pineapple/fruit, but the longevity/projection was very bad.

With all the endless hype I've been hearing about this, I decided to get a 5 ml decant from someone on Ebay. The serial number is C42B11Z01, which many have said is one of the "good" batches, so hopefully I can regain what I once got out of this fragrance a few years ago, because that first decant I got was pretty special.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the decant today of the Z01, and so far, I really like it! Very nice, bright opening - sillage seems improved - Feel like the scent of this one really springs up nicely. Only thing is I'm not sure the longevity is the greatest, but I only sprayed a small amount on the back of my hand. I'll try this again tomorrow with a full wearing so that I can get a better gauge on the longevity of it.

Basenotes Member

Does anyone have experience with A42b12c02, coming from Z01?
    Last edited by jal3223; 18th December 2012 at 05:53 AM.

I bought a 4oz C02 batch bottle about 3 weeks ago from fragrance.net and I don't get that much smoke like everyone says.. it has a strong pineapple in the beginning with very little smoke. The problem I've had with it is that it does not last very long. I get about 6-8hrs spraying it on my shirt (about 4 -5 sprays). I had a 2011 Y02 sample that had way more longevity and projection. I wonder if aventus gets stronger inside the bottle with age?
    Last edited by AGMAN; 16th December 2012 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AGMAN View Post
    I bought a 4oz C02 batch bottle about 3 weeks ago from fragrance.net and I don't get that much smoke like everyone says.. it has a strong pineapple in the beginning with very little smoke. The problem I've had with it is that it does not last very long. I get about 6-8hrs spraying it on my shirt (about 4 -5 sprays). I had a 2011 Y02 sample that had way more longevity and projection. I wonder if aventus gets stronger inside the bottle with age?
    some guys on the forum say that, personally I think it's bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    some guys on the forum say that, personally I think it's bullcrap.
    I was hoping it was true : /

I'd say 6-8 hours is actually pretty good. How about on skin?

Quote Originally Posted by AGMAN View Post
    i have
    c02 little smoke
    01b strong smoke
    My Top 3 Scent
    1 Aventus
    2 Dior homme intense (Vintage)
    3 L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme L'Eau Extrême

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducaticorse View Post
    i have
    c02 little smoke
    01b strong smoke
    What kind of longevity are you getting with C02?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingBlade View Post
    I'd say 6-8 hours is actually pretty good. How about on skin?
    I personally get about 2 -3 hrs on my skin and I don't have dry skin, but not oily either. I had a sample of a 2011 x02 batch and I remember it being a bit stronger on the smoke with just a perfect balance of pineapple. I would apply it and the whole whole house smelled like aventus. That does not happen with my new C02.

How is the lot number A42B12C01 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor Ahmed View Post
    I've only tried C01 and C02 but they smell the same, great pineapple, get comments hours later. I get olfactory fatigue in 4hrs, but if I refresh my sense of smell with the use of coffee beans, I can detect it even 6+ hours later.

Cant comment vs the old school editions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor Ahmed View Post
    I own this lot and it smells strangely like...Aventus
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I remember (when first trying this one out) getting a 5 ml decant of Aventus once that absolutely amazed me. I then got in on a split (this was about 2 or 3 years ago), and was kind of underwhelmed. At first, it was all ashy/smokey - Eventually there was much more pineapple/fruit, but the longevity/projection was very bad.

With all the endless hype I've been hearing about this, I decided to get a 5 ml decant from someone on Ebay. The serial number is C42B11Z01, which many have said is one of the "good" batches, so hopefully I can regain what I once got out of this fragrance a few years ago, because that first decant I got was pretty special.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the decant today of the Z01, and so far, I really like it! Very nice, bright opening - sillage seems improved - Feel like the scent of this one really springs up nicely. Only thing is I'm not sure the longevity is the greatest, but I only sprayed a small amount on the back of my hand. I'll try this again tomorrow with a full wearing so that I can get a better gauge on the longevity of it.
    Just to update after several uses - Smell is absolutely delicious, and sillage is even quite good to start off with, but unfortunately, longevity is not that great. At least I didn't pay that much for my 5 ml decant. Might have to try some other batches.

Hello everyone,

First time poster. Got caught up in the Aventus hype and am now in the market to buy and try for myself

I'm asking for some opinions here because as with many people, I rather not do a complete blind buy. I think I have narrowed down the Lot No.'s I am interested in based on their availability to me:

A42B11N01
    A42B11S01
    A42B11Y01

My main concern is longevity. I don't want to spend this much $ and not have it last. I want to ask if someone (maybe 'checker' since I believe you own all the ones mentioned above) can rank these in terms of fruityness, smokeyness, and longevity on a scale of 1-10? And for longevity I mean NOT from the POV of the wearer (since olfactory fatigue is a factor).

And of course if there is a Lot No. that I have not mentioned that has beast longevity than please do mention it!

I have the lot number C42B10K03, it's kind of more smoky but less fruity and the other batch I'm getting here in Pakistan is A42B12C01 , what about the fruit and smoke in it?

MY AVENTUS BATCH NO IS A42B12C02. Does anybody know about this batch? personally i think its not a very good batch. the longevity is miserable.
    Last edited by fluffmaster; 19th December 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmaster View Post
    MY AVENTUS BATCH NO IS A42B12C02. Does anybody know about this batch? personally i think its not a very good batch. the longevity is miserable.
    I have this one as well and I agree. I find i am putting on 8 - 10 sprays and it just doesn't last. Disappointed as it is my first purchase of creed frags.

Has anyone tried the alcohol free version of Creed Aventus? Are the alcohol free versions usually more potent? Sorry I don't know much about this. Any help is greatly appreciated. I just saw Creed came out with this and I was intrigued. Thanks

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Brad114 View Post
    I have this one as well and I agree. I find i am putting on 8 - 10 sprays and it just doesn't last. Disappointed as it is my first purchase of creed frags.
    My first Creed purchase was an Aventus carded sample from 2011. Very underwhelmed. No longevity and could barely smell anything after spraying it.Probably won't keep trying. I guess it's a Creed thing, I wouldn't understand.

I like Creed but the quality control issues with Aventus are really ridiculous, I sniffed a bottle recently at a local NM and it did not have the strong pineapple and tobacco smell that a tester I tried in 2011 did. I am sure many people have emailed Creed regarding this matter. I hope the current batches are good.

today in the afternoon , when i went to pick my kids, i applied a good 4 sprays to my neck and armpits. it was noticeable as a friend remarked,,,that it was a good fruity fragrance. . standing outside the school, i did notice other parents looking at me as i passed them, (but didnt remark much, as this is a conservative society) and the freshness of pineapple was later confirmed by my son, who loves it. so i guess that its not a fake , but certainly does have the longevity issues.

one really needs a tasteful and frank audience, to appreciate this stuff...and the last person to sense is you urself.

^What Batch do you have?

Also any thoughts on Y02?

- - - Updated - - -

Tried E01 and Y02.

E01 more pineapple heavy than Y02. I personally don't like. Very little smoke. Longevity is decent. Still had a skin scent after 10 hours, and would occasionally get whiffs of it.

Y02 just applied today, less pineapple and more smoke than E01, and I like this balance better. Will see about longevity.

I like Y02 a great deal, maybe even the most of the batches I have tried so far. I find it well balanced if not slightly tilted towards the smoke. I even like it a little better than the Z01 which is nice but does have that vague gasoline note early on. Longevity is great for both but get lost on the wearer sometimes (given the olfactory fatigue). People have commented on the Y02 twelve hours later so longevity must be really good.

If anyone is interested, i got an email back from Strawberrynet today and the current batch of 120ml Aventus bottles are:

S42B12001B.

Does anyone have a list of safe batches to buy? I mean the nice balanced / fruity ones with sick longevity and sillage?

Thank you, I'm on the hunt but I don't want to spend a ton of money on a crap batch

- - - Updated - - -

Btw idk what they put in my samples but I sprayed it on myself literally 20 hours ago and I'm still getting wiffs

Quote Originally Posted by xxsjxx1 View Post
    Does anyone have a list of safe batches to buy? I mean the nice balanced / fruity ones with sick longevity and sillage?

Thank you, I'm on the hunt but I don't want to spend a ton of money on a crap batch

- - - Updated - - -

Btw idk what they put in my samples but I sprayed it on myself literally 20 hours ago and I'm still getting wiffs
    Basically there was only one really bad batch in 2010 (ending in K04) which was lacking in fruit and really smokey. Everything else is fine. There are variations but its only for those really seeking them out (aka being nitpicky).

Default Re: Creed Aventus Batch C42B12E01

Here's some advice...

SEARCH

This thread was literally a few inches down the page...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Dude the point is that that thread is still active and that you should post your question there. And the answer to your question is yes, its a good batch. There was only one "bad" batch at that was the one ending in K04, because it was overly smokey/not fruity. Had you actually read that thread (hell the last page), you would have known that. Any other batch variation is subject to your own experience (skin type/chemistry etc...), which is presumably why you bought a sample.

Batch?

Numbers?

Stop the World, I wanna get off.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    Batch?

Numbers?

Stop the World, I wanna get off.
    January 2nd and have already broken your New Years resolution.

You just can't ignore any Creed thread.

CologneFan85

Here we go again, at times I think most don't even own Creeds. Many think its "cool" or some type of accomplishment to own such brands. Its overtaking the whole fragrance community. These are also the same people who want to bash any designer scents to and turn a blind eye to many well done designers, again because " its the thing to say and do" . Highly annoying. Can we be more opened minded? And enjoy all fragrances...enough with this bs stuff lol

Btw I have given away MANY samples on the swap giveaway thread. People I sent free samples to had the nerve to PM once they received them and "Ask you don't have any niche scents?" " These scents are okay...was looking forward to Creeds." " Oh Bond 9 were just okay, not feeling them...can I get some Aventus?"

And here are some ppl who PM me just asking for some... " Can you send my Niche only samples"" " I am new to the fragrance game, I need Creed can you send a few for me?"

No more givaways from me...I have sent Bon Bon box sets to many and not one Thank you.

Lol thats my rant for the day
    Last edited by CologneFan85; 2nd January 2013 at 04:47 PM.

Okay, i'm sorry i made a new thread. I won't ever make a new thread, ask a question, or visit this site ever again. see ya

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by nick753 View Post
    Okay, i'm sorry i made a new thread. I won't ever make a new thread, ask a question, or visit this site ever again. see ya
    Don't do that, were are saying in general. You are new...No worries. Giving you a heads up to some act on this board. This is the BEST site FOR FRAGRANCE DISCUSSION PERIOD! you can learn a ton on here.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Here we go again, at times I think most don't even own Creeds. Many think its "cool" or some type of accomplishment to own such brands. Its overtaking the whole fragrance community. These are also the same people who want to bash any designer scents to and turn a blind eye to many well done designers, again because " its the thing to say and do" . Highly annoying. Can we be more opened minded? And enjoy all fragrances...enough with this bs stuff lol

Btw I have given away MANY samples on the swap giveaway thread. People I sent free samples to had the nerve to PM once they received them and "Ask you don't have any niche scents?" " These scents are okay...was looking forward to Creeds." " Oh Bond 9 were just okay, not feeling them...can I get some Aventus?"

And here are some ppl who PM me just asking for some... " Can you send my Niche only samples"" " I am new to the fragrance game, I need Creed can you send a few for me?"

No more givaways from me...I have sent Bon Bon box sets to many and not one Thank you.

How dare you not give away any Aventus...
    Last edited by knightowl; 2nd January 2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    How dare you not give away any Aventus...

lol I know right?

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post

Bro, it's only common courtesy to send out some free Creed. Hell, If I was selling a fragrance on here to a fellow member, I'd include a free bottle of niche. If I buy a 30ml bottle of Versace Pour Homme from someone, I expect no less than 15ml of Aventus thrown in to sweeten the deal. Real talk.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Bro, it's only common courtesy to send out some free Creed. Hell, If I was selling a fragrance on here to a fellow member, I'd include a free bottle of niche. If I buy a 30ml bottle of Versace Pour Homme from someone, I expect no less than 15ml of Aventus thrown in to sweeten the deal. Real talk.
    I wasn't selling I was gifting, and I do send out Creed 5mls depending on the people. Im not always hooking up random people who always want handouts. Im talking about the people who act ungrateful for all the MANY bon bon boxes Ive sent.

I have the a42b12c02 batch I bought off ebay. Its not as sweet as my z01 sample, nor does it last as long. Longevity I get about 4 hrs which is disappointing, but expected. Still love Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Azieru View Post
    I have the a42b12c02 batch I bought off ebay. Its not as sweet as my z01 sample, nor does it last as long. Longevity I get about 4 hrs which is disappointing, but expected. Still love Creed.
    I just ordered some on eBay, can I ask who you bought yours from?

Not sure if posting ebay ads is breaking TOS. The user I bought from was perfume4us.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    January 2nd and have already broken your New Years resolution.

You just can't ignore any Creed thread.
    That wasn't my resolution.

Mine was to stop being sarcastic ... but there were conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Azieru View Post
    Not sure if posting ebay ads is breaking TOS. The user I bought from was perfume4us.
    Ok cool mine was different, I'll report back with what batch I get

Quote Originally Posted by ahchiong View Post
    Could any1 do a comparison of 2012 D01 batch with previous batches? Seems like D01 isn't that common.
    Just got a 2012 d01 batch smells just like my 2010 sample in the opening but dry down smells better got to give it more time to really compare the two.

I just got a F01 bottle, never heard of it before. I also own a E01 sample and they both smell simular, good combination of pineapple and smoke. I tested it before I bought in the shop. Testing for the longevity now.

Anyone else got a F01 batch they tested?

Ok folks, Aventus is now 2.5 years old can we stop the my batch is better than your batch talk ?
    -

If i set a pineapple on fire, will it smell like Aventus?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Ok folks, Aventus is now 2.5 years old can we stop the my batch is better than your batch talk ?
    I dont even think there is that much of a variance between batches since 2011 either.

Well, a decant I got that I didn't use much from (small decant anyways) is supposedly N01; I let my Dad have it.
    And my current bottle of Z01 has hardly been used. So, I'll probably be good with Aventus for ..up to a long time.
    Probably won't worry like I did before about batch codes/variations unless maybe I end up buying another bottle. =D

Have fun kiddies, haha.

hello everyone
    i need your advice. i found aventus z01 batch available at the local store. do you recommend me to buy it? or there are other batches better than z01 to look for?
    is z01 the most fruity batch with the best longevity and projection?

Does anyone own or had experience with S42b12co1 ? Having owned various splits from these boards I decided the batch stuff was nonsense . I can now say it isn't, this batch is fruity but lasts about two hours tops!!!!

A42b12e01 - just got a bottle of this, it's pretty good... Longevity is 10-15 hours on me, might be a little less "strong or potent" as my sample.... But it could also be due to my sprayer. I have my sample in a sephora sample bottle so it shoots a more concentrated streamish spray... And the creed sprayer really spreads things out like a fine mist

I have E01 as well and its a perfect balance. Definitely sweeter than my K01 batch.

Weird.. my batch says "Fresco". Should I be worried?
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    lmao!

lol post a pic eggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    lol post a pic eggy.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    LOL!!!

Did you buy one of those? Out of sheer curiosity, I bought a $2 sample, but the shipping email they sent says they shipped me a 3.3oz. For $2. LOL again!!! It'll be interesting to do a side by side comparison to my bottle of Aventus.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    LOL!!!

Did you buy one of those? Out of sheer curiosity, I bought a $2 sample, but the shipping email they sent says they shipped me a 3.3oz. For $2. LOL again!!! It'll be interesting to do a side by side comparison to my bottle of Aventus.
    I got a sample, then immediately said "fuck it" and blind bought a full bottle. I have a feeling I will be receiving 2 3.3 ml bottles. I'll likely gift the other one, but I'm interested to see what the hype is about too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    LOL!!!

I got a sample, then immediately said "fuck it" and blind bought a full bottle. I have a feeling I will be receiving 2 3.3 ml bottles. I'll likely gift the other one, but I'm interested to see what the hype is about too.