Code of Conduct
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,500 of 2544

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by a5m View Post
    Hello everyone,

First time poster. Got caught up in the Aventus hype and am now in the market to buy and try for myself

I'm asking for some opinions here because as with many people, I rather not do a complete blind buy. I think I have narrowed down the Lot No.'s I am interested in based on their availability to me:

A42B11N01
    A42B11S01
    A42B11Y01

My main concern is longevity. I don't want to spend this much $ and not have it last. I want to ask if someone (maybe 'checker' since I believe you own all the ones mentioned above) can rank these in terms of fruityness, smokeyness, and longevity on a scale of 1-10? And for longevity I mean NOT from the POV of the wearer (since olfactory fatigue is a factor).

And of course if there is a Lot No. that I have not mentioned that has beast longevity than please do mention it!
    I did blind buy of 4.oz bottle and regretting my purchase, I can't return bottle. I already own Creed SMW, GIT bottles multiple times and never had issue.

I got A42B11Y01 bottle and utter disappointment. I sprayed 6-8 times and it does last more than two hours max. It's way too Smoky and no pineapple. Friend don't even notice that I am wearing Aventus. With premium price it should last at least 6 hours onward. On my skin GIT (10 hrs) and SMW (8hrs) stays on.

I feel like throwing bottle in gutter or toilet drain. It would have given my money to Charity instead on Creed's stupid quality controls blunders. I hate when such premium price items don't have consistency. I am not going to buy Creed Aventus again that was first and last purchase until they fix their quality control shit. They claim to be Royal Perfumary provider and can't even match small company standard.

Another first time poster seeking advise

I would really appreciate feedbacks for this batch A42B12C01. How does it compare to other top batches that is often mentioned in this thread? Also how sweet is the pineapple? How smokey is it?

Cheerrs

Quote Originally Posted by toth View Post
    I just got a F01 bottle, never heard of it before. I also own a E01 sample and they both smell simular, good combination of pineapple and smoke. I tested it before I bought in the shop. Testing for the longevity now.

Anyone else got a F01 batch they tested?
    I just got my first full bottle of Aventus, and it is from the F01 batch too. It seems to be a newer batch since no one (apart from you) has mentioned it before in this thread.

It smells well-balanced to me - as you said, good combination of pineapple and smoke. The projection is rather weak though (and I sprayed 4 sprays, 3 of which were on exposed skin). Longevity is good if your definition of longevity is "can I still smell it faintly on my wrist 12 hours later", but I find that good longevity is pointless if the fragrance's projection is weak for most of its lifespan.

I'm quite disappointed since many people have made Aventus out to be this sillage monster. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my batch per se, since I got a sample of Aventus from TPC before and it was even weaker.

This might go against your normal routine, but less is more with Aventus. The more you use, the less it seems to last/project. I get 8 hours of wonder with limited application with EVERY batch I have tried. 2 sprays...
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Purchased a 50 ml Decant of C42B12E01. Really nice. I think it is a really nice combo of the pineapple and smoke. Pineapple lasts probably the first hour on me and then the smoky whafts come to me later. So far it has lasted around 5 hours. Not too strong but sillage seems ok.

Edit: This thing lasted all day..12 hours on me.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 12th February 2013 at 06:49 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Purchased a 50 ml Decant of C42B12E01. Really nice. I think it is a really nice combo of the pineapple and smoke. Pineapple lasts probably the first hour on me and then the smoky whafts come to me later. So far it has lasted around 5 hours. Not too strong but sillage seems ok.
    Update. This stuff is a monster. Still catching whiffs 12 hours later,
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtruck260 View Post
    This might go against your normal routine, but less is more with Aventus. The more you use, the less it seems to last/project. I get 8 hours of wonder with limited application with EVERY batch I have tried. 2 sprays...
    There may be some truth in this. I have a batch I'm not happy with and out of curiosity , yesterday after the gym , I sprayed one spray to neck , one to wrist and one to shirt and could smell it all day long. Saturday night put about five sprays on and couldn't smell a thing after an hour . That said I've never found aventus to be a silage monster.

This whole batch number stuff , it's clearly an issue , why don't creed just make a statement to end all this endless discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Update. This stuff is a monster. Still catching whiffs 12 hours later,
    thanks for your information.
    i have been thinking of buying from this batch.

Quote Originally Posted by joov84 View Post
    thanks for your information.
    i have been thinking of buying from this batch.
    where is this batch available? if you don't mind

i found a couple of people selling decants of it in ebay, but i never tried buying from them, i don't know if its a good idea

i found a couple of people selling decants of it in ebay, but i never tried buying from them, i don't know if its a good idea
    I got my batch from an eBay seller. 50 ml. Besides bottle being a little leaky when I got it, it was great price and legit stuff from that batch
    --Ben Hogan

Repeat
    --Ben Hogan

hello everyone
    i need your advice. i found aventus z01 batch available at the local store. do you recommend me to buy it? or there are other batches better than z01 to look for?
    is z01 the most fruity batch with the best longevity and projection?
    Mate, just smell it and see wht you think, that's all that matters!! For what it's worth, I tried Z01 (2012 batch) yesyterday and it is my favourite batch so far (I've tried about 4 batches) The batch on Kron's split from October (C42B12C01) was also very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Mate, just smell it and see wht you think, that's all that matters!! For what it's worth, I tried Z01 (2012 batch) yesyterday and it is my favourite batch so far (I've tried about 4 batches) The batch on Kron's split from October (C42B12C01) was also very good!
    Z01 was the last batch of 2011, not 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    Ah right. That's odd, I didn't check the rest of the code, just the last 3 digits, but as it was in a Fenwick store and all through 2012 they only has 2012 batches, I assumed it was 2012. Was the best batch I've smelt either way.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    Oh really? Cool. My bottle I got last year is a Z01. :>

I just bought a new bottle of Aventus from Neiman Marcus the other day. It was an impulse buy before I knew anything about batch numbers. C42B12D01B is the number on my bottle.

I've searched extensively and haven't been able to find any info on this particular batch. One person asked about 01B a few pages back and said it didn't seem as common but he didn't get any feedback.

As I've never tried Aventus I'm really unsure about what I should expect, I do get some fruity scents initially, not what i would really call pineapple, then it's mostly a strong smokey scent. I do like it but considering the amount I spent and the history of batch variations I'd like to get my money's worth which is why I'm looking for some feedback. I appreciate the input.

Z01 is beast

Yup Z01 is a stellar batch.

X02 >> Z01 >> the rest (based on what I've worn)

Just got my bottle from Fragrancenet - it's the A42B12E01 batch. I sprayed my wrist once about 20 minutes ago and the stuff seems really strong and pineapple heavy. Anyone else have experience with this batch?

Quote Originally Posted by DavePro View Post
    Just got my bottle from Fragrancenet - it's the A42B12E01 batch. I sprayed my wrist once about 20 minutes ago and the stuff seems really strong and pineapple heavy. Anyone else have experience with this batch?
    I have this one, it's definitely a beast. I usually use 4 sprays when I'm going to a club... Can smell it easily 24 hours later, even after a morning shower. I've smelled it up to 36 hours after spraying on my chest/ shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by DavePro View Post
    I have two bottles of this batch. Extremely well balanced and is a longevity monster. Enjoy because you have a good one for sure!!

Default Aventus projection

OK. Lets make this clear. Have Z01 batch. after 3 sprays -

~3 hours BEAST!

~ 3-6 hours average.

~ 6-12 hours VERY close to skin.

Any batch have this history?

Default Re: Aventus projection

This is the case with my bottle as well. First hour or two it projects like crazy, but after that it disappears quite quickly. Don't know what batch I have.

Mines is the same. One thing about Aventus is you may not smell it, but others around you will. Happened a few times wearing it.

I have/selling C42B12E01. Projects pretty much 12 hours. Can't stop smelling it. Maybe its me but the other day I put it on at 6:30 am as I headed for the train. When I got home that evening, changed my work clothes..including undershirt..I still smelled it with new clothes on. Whiffs here and there. This morning I put on a sweater I had on last week and I could still smell it strongly. Probably one of the best longevity scents I've had...too bad I don't like it much.
    --Ben Hogan

Z01 projects stronger for longer on me.

It's a tricky one in that I don't get whiffs of it, but it leaves a trail big time hours after spraying and can be noticed from quite a bit away by some people. Some people, not all people.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have noticed that on my skin type, Aventus projects better during the warmer weather.

My latest is a 2012 01 bottle. I wore it yesterday. Didn't notice any different longevity or projection than usual.

I sprayed it at 2pm and it was strong until midnight. Then I had to actually pay attention to smell it by 2am.

I love this stuff so damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrem View Post
    That's exactly what I must have looked like when I read the thread title.
    I'm thinking of starting a petition to hide any Aventus threads from public view.

Basenotes Member

I wear 3 sprays typically, and I can deodorize a good size room with Aventus for up to about 6 hours. It's a projection and longevity beast in the same ballpark as joop and LeMale to my nose. I think that's one of the reasons it gets complimented so much--it can be smelled readily by everyone close to you, even if they have a cold. From 6 to 12 hours, it is quite easy for people to still smell it on you if they are relatively close.

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    I'm thinking of starting a petition to hide any Aventus threads from public view.
    I'd sign it!
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus

It'd be funny if the mods modified the forum so that any mention of "Aventus" would get replaced with a different word.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I'd sign it!
    We're up and running!

Now here's an idea, if there's a topic you don't wish to discuss...keep scrolling.

Normal projection. Couldn't care less about the batch.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Now here's an idea, if there's a topic you don't wish to discuss...keep scrolling.
    Seriously! Some people act like this is so difficult.

Banned
    Blog Entries

this sounds about right.

then again, i do have the z01 batch <3 <3 <3

Mine is stellar. Was purchased in 2010. I could care less about the batch as well.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by adrem View Post
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    So what's your contribution to the discussion?

Anyone have experience with A42B12C01 ?

If you look in the thread mate you will see. Infact if you look up the page 10 posts (1453) you will see. Also check Kron's comments on this batch. To some it up, its very good!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    The E01 is very balanced, And has the very obvious juicy pineapple note akin to the late 2011's. The earlier batches from 2012 (A01,C01) are a little more masculine/smokey which tends to drift in and out of the Pineapple top note.

The only batch which I would tell people to avoid is K04 from 2010 as its heavy birch tar/smokeyness just kills the fruity sweet side of it completely.

As above.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    If you look in the thread mate you will see. Infact if you look up the page 10 posts (1453) you will see. Also check Kron's comments on this batch. To some it up, its very good!

- - - Updated - - -

As above.....
    Thanks - I could see refernece to E01 but not C01. I wasn't sure if they were different..

There is a seller selling this on Ebay for $50 cheaper than all the online stores. I emailed them to ask about batch number and they said (quote):

"All our Creed products come from our US warehouse and as a result the batch numbers can vary and would be impossible to give as it may not be the one you would ultimately receive. This item is very popular and to date we have had no issues with the product in anyway."

I wonder if it's worth the risk?

There is no risk, just buy it from the cheapest source possible. The batch variations have been blown waaay out of proportion.

I have been comparing my new E01 batch to my older dreaded K01 batch, and the E01 is slightly sweeter in the opening but fast forward 2 hours into the fragrance they basically smell identical. They both have equal longevity but the K01 absolutely smashes the E01 in terms of projection.

I did a blind test with my partner. She too picked the E01 as ever so slightly sweeter than the K01 in the opening and agreed with me that after 3 to 4 hours they smelled the same and could not pick them apart.

I continue to wear wnd rotate both.

where you make ur 3 sprays?

I like Aventus.

Long after I can't smell it anymore, other people can. It's one of the few fragrances like that on my skin where I can't smell it after a couple hours. But if I sniff my shirt the next day, Aventus is there.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    I will sign on your petition as well.

Basenotes Plus

ToughCool how much for the E01?? I contemplating buying a 95% Z01 batch, but I just want to see what else is out there before I make a major purchase on that!

Quote Originally Posted by jon rodgers View Post
    lol
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

It is a very nice scent, which makes good impression and gets lot of compliments.
    Nevertheless it left me cold because of "mishmash" composition and the lack of prominent and distinguishable accord
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Just got a bottle from FragranceNet and it was batch A42B12C01

Compared to Z01, it has much less pineapple and much less smoke.
    It is mostly an OAK WOOD smell.
    It disappears in a couple hours.

I miss my pineapple-intensive Z01 batch.

Do you think $275 is too much to pay for a 4 oz. bottle of Aventus with batch Z01?
    That's what I paid on ebay.
    Last edited by tallstud39; 17th February 2013 at 11:50 AM.

if any body of you comes across something by the name of BATCH NO IS A42B12C02, stay clear of this thing. I have got it and after a month of use, this thing is no better than an aftershave. believe me , i after taking a bath each morning, apply ten puffs of this thing to my arm pits , chest and neck and nobody even notices.

Quote Originally Posted by tallstud39 View Post
    Just got a bottle from FragranceNet and it was batch A42B12C01

Compared to Z01, it has much less pineapple and much less smoke.
    It is mostly an OAK WOOD smell.
    It disappears in a couple hours.

I miss my pineapple-intensive Z01 batch.

Do you think $275 is too much to pay for a 4 oz. bottle of Aventus with batch Z01?
    That's what I paid on ebay.
    I have that same batch from eBay. I sprayed 4 sprays on the other day and I caught whiffs of it 7 hours after application. It lasted at least 10 hours on me.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I have that same batch from eBay. I sprayed 4 sprays on the other day and I caught whiffs of it 7 hours after application. It lasted at least 10 hours on me.
    Yeah, it's interesting how some people have different experiences with the same batch. I recently got batch A42B12C02 from Fragrancenet. From what I've read, people talked about it disappearing in a couple hours and not smelling so great. Fortunately, I really enjoy mine and so far I'm happy with the projection & longevity.