Code of Conduct
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,560 of 2434

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

What's the general consensus on a good batch(es)?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffmaster View Post
    if any body of you comes across something by the name of BATCH NO IS A42B12C02, stay clear of this thing. I have got it and after a month of use, this thing is no better than an aftershave. believe me , i after taking a bath each morning, apply ten puffs of this thing to my arm pits , chest and neck and nobody even notices.
    I have that same batch. I can't smell anything after 2-3 hours.. I have to spray about 6x on my shirt for it to last 5-6 hours. Some people here in the forums have mentioned that it takes a while for the juice to "age" inside the bottle, but I find that hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Emospence View Post
    What's the general consensus on a good batch(es)?
    the 2012 e01 and 2011 z01 batches are both good
    Last edited by sunny5011; 20th February 2013 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny5011 View Post
    the 2012 e01 and 2012 z01 batches are both good
    Wait, is there 2012 z01? I might have a 2011 z01 one.

the 2012 e01 and 2012 z01 batches are both good
    Which is the 2012 E01 batch? The one I have purchased is A42B12E01. I get a lot of smokey ash in this one but it could just be my nose.

sorry i meant to say 2011 z01 is good and the 2012 e01 is A42B12E01 and i found it very balanced and i liked it, the z01 had the stronger pineapple which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AGMAN View Post
    I have that same batch. I can't smell anything after 2-3 hours.. I have to spray about 6x on my shirt for it to last 5-6 hours. Some people here in the forums have mentioned that it takes a while for the juice to "age" inside the bottle, but I find that hard to believe.
    I too have batch A42B12C02, but as I mentioned earlier, I don't understand why people dislike it. The smell is fabulous and the longevity & projection is pretty decent. To each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by noseferatu View Post
    Which is the 2012 E01 batch? The one I have purchased is A42B12E01. I get a lot of smokey ash in this one but it could just be my nose.
    I have this batch is very balanced and has lots of pineapple, I can get bursts of pineapple after 10 hours, the perfume sample I had been testing more smoke but I also liked.
    Last edited by miguelan75; 20th February 2013 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelan75 View Post
    I have this batch is very balanced and has lots of pineapple, I can get bursts of pineapple after 10 hours, the perfume sample I had been testing more smoke but I also liked.
    +1 for A42B12E01, just got a bottle and it's great, nice pineapple blast on opening and lovely ashy heart with whiffs of pineapple now and then. Very happy with silage / longevity
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Default Re: Aventus batch C42B11X02 Comparisons?

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit166 View Post
    Yeah, this is the actual review by him and his girlfriend regarding the 11X02 batch of Aventus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYGMsOTNIdw

There is already a huge thread on Aventus batch variations: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

But there isn't 1 single post that sums up everyone's feedback. The general conclusion is, 2010 batches are hit and miss with scent, longevity, and projection... while 2011 batches are all extremely good. All reports are the 11X02 batch is an abnormally potent, great-smelling Aventus on steroids. Too bad it only comes in 500 ml flacons, lol.
    Where did you get this info? There was a basenoter selling an X02 batch in a 4oz bottle.

This.

2012 C01 is very good ;-)

Dare I ask if anyone has bought a 2013 batch yet?

I doubt we're going to see more batch variations. If you look at the history of the scent, it seems clear what happened.

Early 2010: the scent is created. It smells fantastic.

Mid 2010: the scent becomes a best seller. Creed can't keep up with demand. Rather than allow it to sell out and be unavailable until they can properly source ingredients and make more without sacrificing quality, they do whatever they have to keep it on the shelves. The new batch is different but close enough, right? Hello smokey batch.

By 2011, they got their act together in terms of keeping up with supply and demand.

2012 batches seem to have been very consistent. Actually, the 2011 batches were pretty consistent too, except there was one that had a sharper/stronger pineapple (the X02 batch).

I could be wrong, but I think the whole batch variation thing is blown waaaaaaaaay out of proportion.

The 2010 K04 batch was extra smokey and weak.
    The 2011 X02/Z01 batches were heavier on the pineapple and longevity.
    Everything else seems to have been really consistent.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I just tried the K04 batch and it smells like someone squeezed an orange on a campfire.

The K batches are not weak, i own a K batch and they are powerhouses. Longevity smashes my E01 batch. Love em both.

I bought the Y01 batch. Is this a good batch? Can someone tell me how smokey it is?

Quote Originally Posted by PecChef View Post
    I bought the Y01 batch. Is this a good batch? Can someone tell me how smokey it is?
    If you bought it, you own it, right? Spray it on your skin. Sniff.
    Does it smell good? If it does, it is good.
    Does it smell smokey? If it does, that's how smokey it is.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    If you bought it, you own it, right? Spray it on your skin. Sniff.
    Does it smell good? If it does, it is good.
    Does it smell smokey? If it does, that's how smokey it is.
    Read: "I'm tired of this sh*t... -_-"? :P

a42b12e01

Any good this one?

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    a42b12e01

Any good this one?
    Seems fine, see a few posts above. I'm ordering mine on cheapsmells now

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    a42b12e01

Any good this one?
    Just recevied mine, ordered it through Ebay seller ($50 cheaper cheapest 'major' online retailer and $60 cheaper than Strawberrynet) and got this batch.

As stated above, seems really balanced, not too smoky yet, huge pineapple burst on spray but it has quickly mellowed out. Seems quite spicey actually after settling on my skin. Lovely
    Last edited by mattywhisk; 25th February 2013 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    The K batches are not weak, i own a K batch and they are powerhouses. Longevity smashes my E01 batch. Love em both.
    Which has more longevity on your skin?
    They are very different these two batches?

Can't comment on K01, but longevity of E01 blows my official carded sample out of the water. So I'm very happy with it. I get 6 hours projection, and still a skin scent after 12+ hours, with 3 sprays. Projection for first 4 hours is crazy.

Ok so i'm now officially a believer in Creed batch variation. Just received my second bottle as my first was running low - tried them both on skin - it's unmistakable.

E01 (my new bottle) is noticeably darker and smokier than my older bottle in the opening. My old bottle (THINK it says N01? hard to see - very faint now) smells like a fruit bowl next to E01! Although I have to say they do start to resemble each other a lot more when they dry down. At this point, the average person wouldn't tell the difference if not smelling them side by side.

It seems that the 2012 batches are all fantastic....
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Which has more longevity on your skin?
    They are very different these two batches?
    The K01 lasts longer.

safe to purchase from amazon as the actual seller? just hit it's lowest price on amazon....164.10 4 oz

Quote Originally Posted by hook13 View Post
    safe to purchase from amazon as the actual seller? just hit it's lowest price on amazon....164.10 4 oz
    I ordered last night at that price.

I don't see any reason not to trust Amazon. It probably drop ships from another reputable place.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

my e01 2012 batch has a roasted marshmellow vibe in it during the drydown for a while

my e01 2012 batch has a roasted marshmellow vibe in it during the drydown for a while
    Really?! Sure it's not Fresco

Only kidding, it's a great batch

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    Really?! Sure it's not Fresco

Only kidding, it's a great batch
    haha yeah im pretty sure, its longetivity and sillage is too good to be fresco. i think its the vanilla and the smoke that reminds me of marshmellows

Just got my amazon order....it is s42b112001b...anybody smell / know about this one? package not shrink wrapped, number is on back of bottle right at bottom, not on bottom of bottle...bottle appears to have leaked a tiny bit into cap, cap doesn't fit firmly on bottle...smells good, haven't worn for full day-

I've owned that lot. It's legit. I have had a lot of Creed caps
    That are loose fitting. I wish they'd fix that problem, but otherwise everything seems to be good. Enjoy.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Same here, my older GIT and Aventus caps fall to the floor when turned upside down, the GIT emblem in the cap has also come unstuck and fallen out. Both bought from Creed boutiques.

s42b112001b
    Er, probably not. Check it again.

I'm pretty sure you got the number wrong. As Jouho said, you'll want to check it again.

Aventus doesn't come shrink wrapped, so no worries there. Also, the cap on mine is really loose too. In fact, I stopped using the cap to prevent myself from ever accidentally picking the bottle up that way. It's loose. Is the sticker label starting to peel on your bottle? Mine is. Isn't Creed quality control awesome? Luckily, the scent only costs a few dollars. Oh, wait...

Really, it all comes down to how it smells, and Aventus smells wonderful. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouho View Post
    Er, probably not. Check it again.
    Looking at it again, it says LOT: S42B12001B or the end could be D01B

That sound right?

That sound right?
    Nope. It's a letter followed by two digits, another letter followed by two digits, and another letter followed by two digits.

x00x00x00

Basenotes Member

Anybody have an F01 batch?

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Nope. It's a letter followed by two digits, another letter followed by two digits, and another letter followed by two digits.

x00x00x00
    last try....
    S42B12D01 then there is also a B at the very end-

I have A42B12E01, one of the best batches I've had since the initial launch. Extremely balanced and excellent longevity.

What amazon dealer do you all use? Also, anyone have any experience with A42B12C01? One dealer currently has this batch in stock. Assumign this is a 2012 batch? Amazon seems to have the best prices.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    What amazon dealer do you all use? Also, anyone have any experience with A42B12C01? One dealer currently has this batch in stock. Assumign this is a 2012 batch? Amazon seems to have the best prices.
    I own this batch and it's very good IMO. Kron has split this batch before too and rates it highly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I have A42B12E01, one of the best batches I've had since the initial launch. Extremely balanced and excellent longevity.
    Yep, very good!!

Awesome, anyone have a specific amazon dealer they use? They seem to have the best prices.

Quote Originally Posted by toth View Post
    I just got a F01 bottle, never heard of it before. I also own a E01 sample and they both smell simular, good combination of pineapple and smoke. I tested it before I bought in the shop. Testing for the longevity now.

Anyone else got a F01 batch they tested?
    I just got in a F01 (2012) on Monday from Amazon. This stuff is screaming pineapple!

Quote Originally Posted by buckjunkie View Post
    Anybody have an F01 batch?
    See above, just got one in. It's excellent.

Awesome, anyone have a specific amazon dealer they use? They seem to have the best prices.
    You need to make sure it's being fulfilled by Amazon themselves or another reputable wholesaler such as FragranceNet. I got mine for $164 fulfilled by Amazon.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

i look on amazon and the cheapest i see it for is 177. and the seller is 99perfume. all positive reviews. Where are you seeing it for 164? Also, anyone used this seller?

i look on amazon and the cheapest i see it for is 177. and the seller is 99perfume. all positive reviews. Where are you seeing it for 164? Also, anyone used this seller?
    That's what I paid for it on the day I ordered. Amazon fluctuates their price from time to time.

I've never heard of 99Perfume.

I would order it from either Amazon or FragranceNet, whichever is cheaper.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    That's what I paid for it on the day I ordered. Amazon fluctuates their price from time to time.

I've never heard of 99Perfume.

I would order it from either Amazon or FragranceNet, whichever is cheaper.
    I wonder if they get their product from fragrancenet, i read some of their reviews on aventus and they mentioned fragrancenet in them.

I wonder if they get their product from fragrancenet, i read some of their reviews on aventus and they mentioned fragrancenet in them.
    You are viewing reviews on Aventus period, not ones specifically purchased from Amazon.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Thanks for pointing that out. I saw a listing for Aventus for roughly 188 sold by Amazon, only problem is i can't contact the seller to see what batch they are currently shipping out.

I have ordered several times from 99perfume on amazon and had no problems.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Ordering through Amazon or FragranceNet is going to just about guarantee a 2012 batch. I haven't heard much about what people are receiving from the other sites.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Basenotes Member

Ordered a 2012 F01 batch. I hope I like it!

I got my hands on a bottle of Aventus A42B10K04 the so called "bad batch" of Aventus. When I get it I will see if it really is all that bad, or just conspiracy. I own 3 batches right now A42B11N01, A42B11Y01, and C42B11X02 and they all smell identical. Excited to see what this "bad batch" smells like. I'm sure I'll love it like I have every other batch.

Ordered a 2012 F01 batch. I hope I like it!
    How did you pick the batch? Where did you order from?
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I have ordered several times from 99perfume on amazon and had no problems.
    I have also purchased many things from 99perfume, not through Amazon, but directly off their website and never have had a problem. I would feel very confident in ordering from them.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christian M View Post
    How did you pick the batch? Where did you order from?
    Found three different batches on Ebay.C01, E01 and F01. Decided to try F01. Ordered from seller Perfume4us. I hope it's authentic. Same price as Amazon, but I got to pick out of the batches he has. I just hope worrying about batch numbers didn't get me a fake!
    Last edited by buckjunkie; 6th March 2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dacner View Post
    I just tried the K04 batch and it smells like someone squeezed an orange on a campfire.
    I just use this one for bed and around the house. I'm quite satisfied with my 11z01 batch.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Bergamote 22/Verdon Au Toilette.

Found three different batches on Ebay.C01, E01 and F01. Decided to try F01. Ordered from seller Perfume4us. I hope it's authentic. Same price as Amazon, but I got to pick out of the batches he has. I just hope worrying about batch numbers didn't get me a fake!
    I think you will like F01, hopefully it's legit.

Let us know what you think.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt