Code of Conduct
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,680 of 2562

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

well thank you for that totally not redundant comment

it's always great when I forget my old passwords and have to join Basenotes again... I'm reminded of the blast of condescending top notes and insulting accords this forum is known for. Also, this is in no way meant to sound rude, but I've given away more bottles of my collection than you have in yours so next time you're going to pick on a noob, remember that you were once one yourself.

Elevate the conversation. Don't drag it down.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMick View Post
    well thank you for that totally not redundant comment

it's always great when I forget my old passwords and have to join Basenotes again... I'm reminded of the blast of condescending top notes and insulting accords this forum is known for. Also, this is in no way meant to sound rude, but I've given away more bottles of my collection than you have in yours so next time you're going to pick on a noob, remember that you were once one yourself.

Elevate the conversation. Don't drag it down.

I wasn't trying to pick on someone who "knew nothing about fragrances" I am very far from being an expert myself and I couldn't care less how many bottles of what anyone has in their wardrobe. I am trying to point out that the site is suffering from a lot of utter drivel being posted about Aventus, some of it quite possibly instigated intentionally by Creed's people. OK, it is easy not to click on this thread as it is obviously going to be maxed out with this drivel but it also pervades the other threads. As I have said before, if people keep pointing out how redundant it is maybe someone will think twice before posting more of it, and thus "elevate the conversation".

People are entitled to their opinions.

If you think batch variation is foolishness, why bother arguing with fools? At any rate, I've noticed subtle variations from the first batch that was sampled out back in 2010. It was strong, fruity & moldy lasted hours into the wear, even after a wash. I hated it but the smell nostalgia to that particular batch is strong. Maybe we get used to frags, maybe it depends on time of day, season, body chem, stress... but when you get enough people saying the same thing, there's something to it. I was a batch variation denier before I was convinced it was real.

Basenotes Plus

it's always great when I forget my old passwords and have to join Basenotes again...
    http://www.basenotes.net/login.php?do=lostpw

Common sense. Use it.

lol emails... that's witchcraft

People are entitled to their opinions.

If you think batch variation is foolishness, why bother arguing with fools? At any rate, I've noticed subtle variations from the first batch that was sampled out back in 2010. It was strong, fruity & moldy lasted hours into the wear, even after a wash. I hated it but the smell nostalgia to that particular batch is strong. Maybe we get used to frags, maybe it depends on time of day, season, body chem, stress... but when you get enough people saying the same thing, there's something to it. I was a batch variation denier before I was convinced it was real.

Is that what I am?
    A batch variation denier?
    It's got quite a nice ring to it actually...

I might forget my password and come back with that as my new user name...

- - - Updated - - -

Things are looking up for this thread.
    "Batch Variation Denier"
    Sounds a bit like "holocaust denier".

actually in that statement I was referring to myself

actually in that statement I was referring to myself

Yes I know but if the cap fits..

someone is looking for a fight

And in this statement I'm referring to you, little martin. Don't get all Napoleon on the Aventus batch thread.

someone is looking for a fight

And in this statement I'm referring to you, little martin. Don't get all Napoleon on the Aventus batch thread.
    Come on, you've got to admit it's more fun than quoting serial numbers.

This thread needs to be closed. Batch variations are like Santa Clause...

Hi everyone.
    I've just bought Aventus yesterday and quite happy that I've joined the Aventus club!
    My batch number is: A42B12E02.
    Has anyone tried this batch and may I know your opinions regarding the longevity and sillage?
    I myself REALLY love the smell!

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I've just bought Aventus yesterday and quite happy that I've joined the Aventus club!
    My batch number is: A42B12E02.
    Has anyone tried this batch and may I know your opinions regarding the longevity and sillage?
    I myself REALLY love the smell!

& where did you buy your batch sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Coltrane View Post

& where did you buy your batch sir?
    I've bought it here in my hometown Shiraz, Iran.
    I'd be happy to know your opinion...

Real question- Why do you want to know other peoples opinion on the bottle that you have in you hand?

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Real question- Why do you want to know other peoples opinion on the bottle that you have in you hand?
    Simply to know opinions of more expert noses and more experienced people with this scent.
    not to decide whether to keep or not to keep the bottle, as I said I'm already happy with mine but just to see if there's a better batch to seek for that one and find the differences and finally if I'm going to backup this scent go for that batch.
    Overall because I hadn't the choice to test and see if there are any differences between batches, all I know is upon others notes!
    Now does my question seem logical to you?

Simply to know opinions of more expert noses and more experienced people with this scent.
    not to decide whether to keep or not to keep the bottle, as I said I'm already happy with mine but just to see if there's a better batch to seek for that one and find the differences and finally if I'm going to backup this scent go for that batch.
    Overall because I hadn't the choice to test and see if there are any differences between batches, all I know is upon others notes!
    Sorry, we don't actually enjoy being rude.
    It's the end result of listening to too much Aventus talk.
    The best thing to do is probably to forget that this thread was ever created and just enjoy the scent.
    Anything anyone can tell you about your bottle has already been said 300 times in this thread, and unfortunately in many others.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by martinijo; 3rd April 2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: just for the hell of it.

Here is the truth- The batch you have smells just like every other batch of Aventus that you will get in the future. If you like it than that is all that matters. Dont worry about seeking out another bottle of the same batch or getting another batch based on the interpretation of someone else on the internet.

Basenotes Member

Here is the truth- The batch you have smells just like every other batch of Aventus that you will get in the future. If you like it than that is all that matters. Dont worry about seeking out another bottle of the same batch or getting another batch based on the interpretation of someone else on the internet.
    Chuck Norris approves!

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Sorry, we don't actually enjoy being rude.
    It's the end result of listening to too much Aventus talk.
    The best thing to do is probably to forget that this thread was ever created and just enjoy the scent.
    Anything anyone can tell you about your bottle has already been said 300 times in this thread, and unfortunately in many others.
    Cheers.
    So I apologize for hurting your soul...
    Thanks for paying attention friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you too for paying attention and caring for the wrong things people may think and you can help them correct.
    I got my answer, thanks.

My family is from Shiraz. I am born and raised here in the states, but seeing your location made me smile that we had some BN members in Iran I had no idea they sold Creed there...very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffmeister View Post
    A store I checked in Antwerp has the C42B13N01 batch, what's the word on the street on this one?
    Got a sample of this batch from the boutique. It's smells almost identical to the 2012 A01 batch I had. More fruit and less smoke, it's a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    My family is from Shiraz. I am born and raised here in the states, but seeing your location made me smile that we had some BN members in Iran I had no idea they sold Creed there...very nice!
    I got quite happy to see someone somewhat SHIRAZI here!
    Maybe I'm going to visit US next year in the summer, I'll be in VA Washington DC.
    And of course, here in Shiraz we have accessability to almost everything present on basenotes from high quality niche brands like Amouage, Creed, Tom Ford Private Blend, Bond No.9, Nassomato, ...
    Infact I bought my first bottle of Creed (Millesime Imperial) in 2007 here.
    And sometimes with more affordable prices than US!

I have the so1 batch and i am not liking it at all. I can only smell some fruit in it 5 hours after applied. I smell so much smoke and nasty leather for most of the scent, i have a headache by the end of this stuff. I can definitely see how some people like it but i would love this stuff if it had more fruit to it. I will be trying other batches, i don't care if it's bs or not.
    ANDERSON = GOAT

Question Best Aventus?

Hi,
    I recently bought a sample of Creed Aventus and I love it. It smells smokey and fruity. I want to buy it but I don't know what is the batch number for that one? Plz advice me what is best out of all. thanks

Default Re: Best Aventus?

For me it was the batch that first came out on the market because that's the large bottle I purchased, whatever the number was.

Forget about the batch. One should not worry about things one cannot control.

Hi, I don't think there is a way to find out which batch your sample came from but I recently purchased a bottle from fragrancenet.com (batch number is A42B12A01). I don't have much to compare it to, batch wise, except for the tester bottles I've tested in store recently. I will way this 'batch' is awesome. I hear lots of talk about the "pineapple" batch and the "smoke" batch and mine seems to contain an equal amount of both. And it's strong! I just know it smells good and I love it. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Forget about batch numbers, just find the best price and buy it.

The one you like.

The batch debate on Basenotes for Aventus and other Creed frags is so ridiculous and over the top that I sometimes think I'm just not in on the joke. The only way it makes sense is if most of the posters are posting tongue in cheek.

The endless Aventus threads have made BN virtually unreadable.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

I think its the Aventus threads that's causing BN to shutdown from time to time

Even the machine is unable to stand the stupidity...

There is a very long thread already about Aventus Batch Numbers. I heard some of the 2010 batches were a bit different, but all since smell almost identical. I have only smelled a few - all were 2011-2012 and the all smell pretty much the same to me. If you are curious, you should go here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    There is a very long thread already about Aventus Batch Numbers. I heard some of the 2010 batches were a bit different, but all since smell almost identical. I have only smelled a few - all were 2011-2012 and the all smell pretty much the same to me. If you are curious, you should go here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers
    Thank you, dougczar. Hey, would you mind being in charge of this from now on? We can't pay you anything but we can offer you full time.
    Last edited by Dernier_Cri; 8th April 2013 at 09:08 AM.

Understand Creed's perfumes are costly and you're hoping to find one exactly as you expected. But i think the whole Aventus batch number scenario has been blown out of proportion and people begun chasing thing that isn't there.

Creed may have some quality control issues when this fragrance first released. But since this is one of their best seller item recently, i believe they would(should) have already figure out the perfect formula for the recent batch. I am not a Creed "fan boy" by all mean, but imho, quite often the very same juice from the same bottle could smell vary under different weathers.

Since you're new..... welcome to AVENTUSNOTES

Sound Scents

The "best out of all" is the one that doesn't exist...
    Last edited by drseid; 8th April 2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    Since you're new..... welcome to AVENTUSNOTES
    lol!

I have X02, Z01, and E01. All are fantastic, all are projection BEASTS, and all last 12+ hours. I wore E01 the other night and it stayed on my shirt the next morning and I could smell it as soon as I walked into the room after a shower. Even after washing the shirt, it still smells like Aventus. I think they're all pretty comparable honestly.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I bought a bottle before the batch hype exploded, and have never bothered sourcing out other batches to compare.

My advice is to buy it and be happy.

I have the dreaded K01 batch and the hyped E01 batch. Both dry down to the same thing.

Don't worry about 'batches', buy and enjoy.

I own the C42BI2C01 batch and it is absolutely amazing. Pineapple, with a nice hit of the smokiness. Lasts 24hours on my skin....no lie, projects amazingly for about 6-8 hours and it lasts forever on my clothes. 3 sprays and I'm set.

I have a z01 batch, almost no pineapple with heavy sweet musky smoke. Ive tried a few batches and i think they all dry down the same, But i do miss that pineapple opening thats not present with my z01

Not another one of those which Aventus batch wins me the lottery threads.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Just bought C42B13N01 from the boutique in NYC. It's heavy on the pineapple with very little smoke. Longevity is also excellent...people who buy this batch will be very happy.

I bought A42B12J01 the other week. It has a very smoky, almost tarry opening. I have to say I was pretty disappointed because it wasn't like when I tested it, when the opening was much sweeter, more of the pineapple I guess.

Still, the drydown is the same and it smells divine... I just wish I had the pineapple opening!

I just bought c42b13N01 from Holt Renfrew here in Vancouver last week. This is my third bottle (returned a very smoky/ashy bottle from Fragrancenet back for a refund).

This is a good batch. There is a lot of pineapple, but at least for me there is definitely more smoke than the bottle I picked up in late 2011 (don't have the batch #).

Longegivity on this is very good.

Jose

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Just bought C42B13N01 from the boutique in NYC. It's heavy on the pineapple with very little smoke. Longevity is also excellent...people who buy this batch will be very happy.

What do we think of the F01 batch ? seems to be not a lot of talk about this one.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

there is almost none of the fruity cassis/currant note...which always was a synthetic....(c)

Amazing juice. They even cut you down on synthetic currant note. I can only imagine what other commercial houses are doing. Worthless garbage.

Any consensus on what batch and comments if you order from fragrancenet? They have a 4 oz tester for around $168

edit: They had one left and I pulled the plug. Ebay was $163.23 which was a lot less than their website offered it even with the 20% off coupon. Amazon was about $5 more. Hope, from what I am reading, I get an '12 batch with longevity and more pineapple than ash.
    Last edited by finsfan; 11th April 2013 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffmeister View Post
    A store I checked in Antwerp has the C42B13N01 batch, what's the word on the street on this one?
    Had a few wearings of this one now. I'm not too excited about the sillage, although I am aware of nose fatigue, after an hour or 3 it goes to the drydown, and other people around me couldn't pick up the scent, a pitty. My bottle is going empty fast though, what a crazy sprayer!

Anyone order from fragrencenet recently and if so, how was the batch you got?

Proof that batches really vary.

In pakistan, I bought a batch no a42B12CO2, about 4 months ago. I was disappointed with the purchase outright. (see my post on page 24 dated 19 dec 2012). I was attracted to this batch because the price was comparatively low. (Rs.19000/-).My observations about the worthlessness of this batch are documented in the subsequent posts.

A few days back happened to visit another outlet and saw a bottle with price 22,000/- . Batch no was A42B12E01. Didnt buy it as I wasnt ready for the purchase.

Today visited yet another outlet on model town link road. "Do u have aventus by creed?"
    ".Yes sir."
    " Whats the price ?"
    " 18,000/ sir." Thought I was lucky today just before checking the batch no.The batch no was A42B12C02. If it had been someone,s first purchase without knowledge of this batch no, he would sure have thought of himself to be very lucky for some time at least.

I had no intention of testing this batch again and came back.

For what its worth I have a decant of C42B11Z01.. Ive worn it maybe 25 times or so ever. I cant compare it to any of the others(and im afraid to use money to even try), but it is by far the most compliment cologne I wear. I have only ever ONCE not been stopped while going through out my day by some random person telling me how good I smell. Projection and longetivty on it are amazing. Ive never been able to go higher then 2 sprays. Just 3 sprays and it feels like I could choke someone out. It lasts all day easily as well. Although saying that your nose does get use to it after a few hours and it seems like its gone/becomes very faint even though its still beast mode for everyone else. Which if you are wearing it for youself and love the smell is pretty unfortunate id imagine.

I myself dont think it smells that amazing, but it doenst matter who it is, random girls coming up to me, or guys. Everyone seems to love it. Probably the only cologne id ever think of buying a big bottle of because of just for compliments and ego trips.. But the batch stuff is scary and honestly its pretty ridiculous considering what you the consumer has to pay for. Hell even if it was 50 dollars the quality of a product that you the consumer should are buying should never vary as far as im concerned. So for now just going to pray my decant lasts I guess lol.

UPDATE: Found the lot number hiding on the backside of the bottle below and under the black label.....
    pi,possible to find if I didn't pealed off the black Aventus sticker.
    but I still can not any lot number anywhere on the Aventus box

Batch number on my bottle is: A42B11Y02

I get the ashy/smokey start and a great dry down of bergamot, pine apple and woods.
    Out of the bottle the smell is all natural pine apple.
    Longevity : 10-12 hours I guess. Applied 3 sprays to my wrist 8 hours ago and I still smell it quite clearly 2 feet away.
    My GF also just picked it up and says it smells nicely, not divine, but very nice.
    -----------------

I just received 3 of the 8 Creeds I ordered from Cheapsmells.com and fragrancex.com - but my Aventus 120 ml has no lot no. On neither the bottle nor the box

The inner part beneath the sprayer is Creed white, and the black paper around the flask has already pealed off and the cap is loose so typically Creed quality, no fake alarm there

More important - I sprayed 3 sprays of the Aventus on my inner arm 4-5 hours ago and it still smells pretty great, an ashy vibe with fresh pine apple and out of the sprayer it smells of fresh high quality natural pine apple.

I have looked all over but can't find a lot number anywhere - neither on box nor on the bottle.
    The other two Creeds I received both have lot numbers on both bottle and flask.

If the Aventus smells still projects and smell nice in 2-3 hours, I might just accept it as a very good fake or a genuine Creed without a lot number instead of risking getting a genuine that smells poor and has poor longevity

I will contact cheapsmells now........all the 3 of the 8 Creed I bought are from Arabia some where.....pretty normal for online Creed bottles.
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 18th April 2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

I got a42b12e01 and it is balanced. I can still smell it on my wrist pretty good after 5 hours

Never thought I'd jump on the Aventus batch bandwagon cause it annoyed the hell out of me, but here I am. Long time ago I tested a sample which was very ashy and I didn't like it at all. Then recently I tested another sample which was very fruity with a lot of pineapple and I liked it a lot, of course I didn't know what batch it was. I decided to order a full bottle and the bottle I received is definitely not as ashy as my first sample, but also not as fruity as my last sample, it's somewhere in between and I like it a lot. I also get great longevity and projection from it. The batch I received is A42B12J01, which isn't mentioned a lot on here.

Also, the logo on my bottle is in black, it was mentioned elsewhere that these are middle-eastern bottles but mine isn't. I bought it from a very reputable dealer in the Netherlands and there's no Arabic writing on the box, bottle or booklet, so apparently there's also differences in that regard. Just my 2 cents...

I have the A42B12E01, smell awesome.