Code of Conduct
Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,980 of 2643
  1. #1921

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    You posted in a thread about batch numbers though?

    haha, anyway.. you don't have to.

    I have 2 bottles of the Z01 batch, nothing even comes close to it.
    Perhaps s/he meant about being unaware about batch stuff before coming here/checking online or something; like "At the time, I didn't know about batch stuff".

    Quote Originally Posted by thxphil View Post
    Picked up a new bottle the other day from Neiman Marcus, wore it twice and can say I now believe in differences to the point that where I can see others be happy/unhappy with certain batches.

    I now own 3 bottles from over the years and decided to do a comparison tonight between the 3 and included my Fiance to make sure I wasn't crazy. BTW, I framed it as "I have 3 different colognes on, which of the 3 do you like best and what does each smell like?"

    Surprisingly we had the same answers.

    11S01 - Opening had a bit of pineapple smell but was quick to change to a very smoky smell which remained during the drydown. Out of the three this was definitely the smokiest of them AND the best projection.

    12A01 - Opening hung around a little longer that the 11S01 before the bringing in the smoke. Great balance between the pineapple and smoke in this batch. Overall felt this one was the best representation of what Aventus should be. Projection was a tad behind the 11S01 but still great.

    13U02 (new one) - Opening was very very heavy pineapple yet light. I sprayed this one the same as the others but it did not project from the get go. Remained pineapple heavy and failed to bring in the smokiness I got from the other two batches. I write this 3 hours after application and the other two batches are going strong and I can't even smell this one when I put my nose to it. The Fiance had a hard time smelling it as well.

    All in all I realize that there are bound to be variations with products and I am ok with that as long as they do not strongly alter the reason why I enjoy the scent. 11S01 and 12A01 I was very happy to own and wear. 13U02 on the other hand I will be returning tomorrow.

    Anyone with a 4oz 11Z01 looking to sell, I am willing to buy it from you
    How far in between did you both smell the frags? or? What about anosmia/olfactory fatigue?

    I've maybe lucked out (by what I've read at least? ), I have 2011 Z01 and 2013 R01.

    The R01 may end up draining faster than the Z01. I may mainly, if not entirely, use the Z01 for (more) special occasions.
    (Formerly Jouho)

  2. #1922

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by thxphil View Post
    Picked up a new bottle the other day from Neiman Marcus, wore it twice and can say I now believe in differences to the point that where I can see others be happy/unhappy with certain batches.

    I now own 3 bottles from over the years and decided to do a comparison tonight between the 3 and included my Fiance to make sure I wasn't crazy. BTW, I framed it as "I have 3 different colognes on, which of the 3 do you like best and what does each smell like?"

    Surprisingly we had the same answers.

    11S01 - Opening had a bit of pineapple smell but was quick to change to a very smoky smell which remained during the drydown. Out of the three this was definitely the smokiest of them AND the best projection.

    12A01 - Opening hung around a little longer that the 11S01 before the bringing in the smoke. Great balance between the pineapple and smoke in this batch. Overall felt this one was the best representation of what Aventus should be. Projection was a tad behind the 11S01 but still great.

    13U02 (new one) - Opening was very very heavy pineapple yet light. I sprayed this one the same as the others but it did not project from the get go. Remained pineapple heavy and failed to bring in the smokiness I got from the other two batches. I write this 3 hours after application and the other two batches are going strong and I can't even smell this one when I put my nose to it. The Fiance had a hard time smelling it as well.

    All in all I realize that there are bound to be variations with products and I am ok with that as long as they do not strongly alter the reason why I enjoy the scent. 11S01 and 12A01 I was very happy to own and wear. 13U02 on the other hand I will be returning tomorrow.

    Anyone with a 4oz 11Z01 looking to sell, I am willing to buy it from you
    You are comparing different batches all made in separate years. Not only is there bound to be a higher variation due to the time difference, but your older bottle probably degraded (or improved, who knows?) with time, whereas your new one is fresh. This is not a fair comparison, and I suggest you give it another try. Please repeat the experiment and let us know again how it compares to the other bottles in terms of longevity.

  3. #1923

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by carnivroar View Post
    You are comparing different batches all made in separate years. Not only is there bound to be a higher variation due to the time difference, but your older bottle probably degraded (or improved, who knows?) with time, whereas your new one is fresh. This is not a fair comparison, and I suggest you give it another try. Please repeat the experiment and let us know again how it compares to the other bottles in terms of longevity.
    Comparing different batches in different years was the main point of my post and a very fair comparison.

    The fact that you said "your older bottle probably degraded (or improved, who knows?) shows you didn't read my post.

  4. #1924

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    UPDATE:

    I felt it was odd that the 13U02 I had smelt so different and upon further discovery, forum member 1280adam helped me confirm that the bottle I got from Neiman was fake. Most likely someone pulled a fast one on Neiman and returned a fake. I will be going to Neiman at 10am this morning to sort it out with them and will update you with my findings.








  5. #1925

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Hi there! Just received a C42B13N01 and felt it too smoky. After maybe 30 minutes I can smell a weak pineapple ...I keep on trying for more days to have my final opinion. I'm afraid I'm suffering of olfactory fadigue...
    BTW, does anyone here has this batch?

    Thanking in advance,
    Sergio

  6. #1926

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    UPDATE:

    I have another post waiting for Mod Approval because it contains pictures, but long story short the bottle I received (13U02) was fake and the juice inside was fake. I confirmed it an hour ago with my SA at Neiman Marcus who was very embarrassed. Appears someone had returned a fake bottle in a real box.

    I can share more pics after my first post gets approved.

  7. #1927

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by thxphil View Post
    UPDATE:

    I felt it was odd that the 13U02 I had smelt so different and upon further discovery, forum member 1280adam helped me confirm that the bottle I got from Neiman was fake. Most likely someone pulled a fast one on Neiman and returned a fake. I will be going to Neiman at 10am this morning to sort it out with them and will update you with my findings. ]
    So Neiman got a returned bottle and sold it on to you as new?

  8. #1928

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    So Neiman got a returned bottle and sold it on to you as new?
    We haven't heard the last of this

  9. #1929

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    So Neiman got a returned bottle and sold it on to you as new?
    Correct.

    Bottle difference aside, the SA smelled the juice and said "What is this? It's not Aventus"

    If it wasn't for my interest in fragrances and joining this forum (lurked for a few months prior) I am glad I was the recipient as I was able to identify it and return it. What if it was someone buying it based on the "hype" or even worse, someone giving it as a gift and not aware of what Aventus should smell like.

  10. #1930

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Glad you got things squared away! People are crazy, haha.

    I can only imagine how many times that's happened and people unknowing sell it thinking since it was bought at Neimans it was a legit bottle.

  11. #1931

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Couple pics I took at Neiman.

    Real on the left, Fake on the right.




  12. #1932

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by thxphil View Post
    Correct.

    Bottle difference aside, the SA smelled the juice and said "What is this? It's not Aventus"

    If it wasn't for my interest in fragrances and joining this forum (lurked for a few months prior) I am glad I was the recipient as I was able to identify it and return it. What if it was someone buying it based on the "hype" or even worse, someone giving it as a gift and not aware of what Aventus should smell like.

    The common denominators seem to be the white plastic under the caps and the BBs in the straws.
    Obviously the smell if you get that far.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

    For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 10/09

  13. #1933

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by thxphil View Post
    UPDATE:

    I have another post waiting for Mod Approval because it contains pictures, but long story short the bottle I received (13U02) was fake and the juice inside was fake. I confirmed it an hour ago with my SA at Neiman Marcus who was very embarrassed. Appears someone had returned a fake bottle in a real box.

    I can share more pics after my first post gets approved.
    But did the serials match? Have you checked that?

  14. #1934

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by thxphil View Post
    Couple pics I took at Neiman.

    Real on the left, Fake on the right.



    Dunno if it's the lighting or what, but the supposed real one on the left seems to have dark colored on the head...? o_o

    Did you happen to check under the cap of that one?

    Edit: Also, you paid retail price at a NM for an Aventus and it turned out to be a fake? and probably not only that, but it was probably a RETURNED fragrance (though, maybe the fake one wasn't sprayed, thus not bringing about concern, if it was even checked?) Arg. I've talked to Saks Fifth Avenue employee(s) about how to spot a fake Aventus/(Creed); maybe it'd be helpful if y'all do the same if you haven't already? .
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 19th March 2014 at 08:43 PM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

  15. #1935

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Dunno if it's the lighting or what, but the supposed real one on the left seems to have dark colored on the head...? o_o

    Did you happen to check under the cap of that one?

    Edit: Also, you paid retail price at a NM for an Aventus and it turned out to be a fake? and probably not only that, but it was probably a RETURNED fragrance (though, maybe the fake one wasn't sprayed, thus not bringing about concern, if it was even checked?) Arg. I've talked to Saks Fifth Avenue employee(s) about how to spot a fake Aventus/(Creed); maybe it'd be helpful if y'all do the same if you haven't already? .
    I did take notice to Napoleons hair-do on the new ones and it does appear that he's been using Rogain.

    The 2010-mid 2012 batches though.. are identical to the real vs. fake side by sides I took in the stickied thread in the mens forum.

    I imagine this hasn't been the first time something like this has happened either. eBay was flooded with fake's earlier in the week.

  16. #1936

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I have a sample of aventus (C42B13W01) and it opens up with a lot of pineapple, with a moderate amount of smokiness emerging later. Has very good longevity as well. So I decided to purchase a bottle and I opted for a batch A42B12E01 . Sadly, I found it to be very smoke heavy, smells like an ashtray with whiffs of pineapple during the day. It smells good but certainly nothing spectacular. It lasts much longer than the sample I got though.

    Now I am considering getting a bottle of A42B13W01 . However someone on this thread said this batch was very week, not sure if his bottle was off because my sample smells excellent, or maybe it varies from flacon to 120ml within the same batch? my other option is batch...A42B13X01? Anyone can say anything about those 2 batches

    It's disappointing that this batch variation issue turned out to be true afterall.
    Last edited by Ekove; 20th March 2014 at 02:25 AM.

  17. #1937

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    I have a sample of aventus (C42B13W01) and it opens up with a lot of pineapple, with a moderate amount of smokiness emerging later. Has very good longevity as well. So I decided to purchase a bottle and I opted for a batch A42B12E01 . Sadly, I found it to be very smoke heavy, smells like an ashtray with whiffs of pineapple during the day. It smells good but certainly nothing spectacular. It lasts much longer than the sample I got though.

    Now I am considering getting a bottle of A42B13W01 . However someone on this thread said this batch was very week, not sure if his bottle was off because my sample smells excellent, or maybe it varies from flacon to 120ml within the same batch? my other option is batch...A42B13X01? Anyone can say anything about those 2 batches

    It's disappointing that this batch variation issue turned out to be true afterall.
    In my experience, A42B13X01 is as good as it gets. I actually came back to post here to give an update on it. I bought it from Fragrance.net recently and really like it. It has a strong pineapple opening and a good amount of smoke. Longevity is also reasonable and it tends to last a while on fabric. I also found that applying to the back of neck/shoulders lessens the olfactory fatigue from this scent.

  18. #1938

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    You posted in a thread about batch numbers though?

    haha, anyway.. you don't have to.

    I have 2 bottles of the Z01 batch, nothing even comes close to it.
    I smelled it first in Germany, than I came back, wanted to buy it but smelled different.
    Than I googled it and came here.
    I have read a lot about it and now I know the 1 ml tester I received is the smoky one. It has pineapple but the smoke kills it. I applied two sprays but had to wash it, it was choking. I ordered online emailed for the batch number but no answer.

    I am searching for the sharp citrusy pineapple scent with minimum or none smoke. Probably like Your z01 I gues.

    thx
    Last edited by Petyke77; 22nd March 2014 at 10:48 PM.

  19. #1939

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by carnivroar View Post
    In my experience, A42B13X01 is as good as it gets. I actually came back to post here to give an update on it. I bought it from Fragrance.net recently and really like it. It has a strong pineapple opening and a good amount of smoke. Longevity is also reasonable and it tends to last a while on fabric. I also found that applying to the back of neck/shoulders lessens the olfactory fatigue from this scent.
    Ahh, thanks. Maybe I should sell my bottle and replace it with that afterall. Does the pineapple last?

  20. #1940

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    hi has anyone bought from this seller

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREED-AVENTU...item3a79c0dbdf

  21. #1941

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by astar View Post
    hi has anyone bought from this seller

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREED-AVENTU...item3a79c0dbdf
    Seems like a good seller.

    You shouldn't run into any issues.

  22. #1942

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I've been thinking quite a bit about this lately and it likely is a waste of synapses.

    My 2012 decants are obviously older than my 2013 tester bottle about 15 months or so older.
    The 2012 bottles entirety smell almost identical to the 2013's dry down.

    Im wondering if this scent improves because it loses its top when it oxidizes in the bottle.
    It takes about 8 hours for the 2013 bottle to smell like the 2012's straight out of the sprayer.

    My 2013 bottle blew my head off in strength on the first spray, and im wondering if some of the juice was in the straw at the bottom for a few months before I sprayed it on myself, oxidizing in the tube. Each juice spray after the first one has been weaker.

    Im going to use my 50ml worth of samples first and let this tester bottle mellow and find out what happens.
    I'm using sprays out of the new bottle from time to time to introduce air into it.
    I shake it up every week or so to get the air moving around.

    Another thing about this scent that I've noticed is its Jekyll and Hyde with body heat and ambient heat.
    For me, when my skin is cold and the air is cold, it smells like smoke only, almost bitter.
    When im in the sun or my skin gets warm, its a sparkling, smokey fruit which is amazing.

    My batches for reference:

    2012J01
    2012E02
    2013U01

    What a mystery.
    I want to update my post, since I've been harassed by a Basenotes member via PM about a specific batch I have.
    S42B13U01

    First spray of likely oxidized straw juice was unreal strong.
    Subsequent sprays of fresh juice was pretty uneventful, fizzy citrus (bergamot?), nothing but hints of tart smoke, then not much.
    I've been spraying this maybe once a week, 2 sprays to use it, and get some extra air in the bottle.
    I have been shaking the bottle vigorously every 2-3 days to essentially aerate the juice, I shake it hard enough to where the air foams.
    Ive been doing this for about a month now, and I definitely notice a change in how fast it gets to the sweet-ish fruity part, there isnt a "gap" of "nothingness" like before.
    Its definitely lasting longer and longer on me the more I do this.
    8 hours in today, girlfriend smelled it on me and loves it, and agrees that it doesnt smell the same as a month ago.

    Before everyone jumps all over me, remember, I sprayed the initial spray and it was very strong for about 8-10 hours.
    I had a sneaky suspicion about needing to oxidize the juice based on that.

    I will say, even at the price I paid ($165), its ridiculous that this fragrance is this touchy and requires aging.
    I still think there is less complaining over older juice batches because they age.
    I see a lot of complaints over very fresh bottles.

    Just my take and experience, take it for what its worth.
    Likely my last Creed fragrance after this frustration.
    5.5oz of this stuff should last me just about forever anyway.
    Last edited by MegaMav; 26th March 2014 at 01:12 AM.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

    For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 10/09

  23. #1943

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Ahh, thanks. Maybe I should sell my bottle and replace it with that afterall. Does the pineapple last?
    Yes, it does, especially on clothes.

  24. #1944

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I want to update my post, since I've been harassed by a Basenotes member via PM about a specific batch I have.
    S42B13U01

    First spray of likely oxidized straw juice was unreal strong.
    Subsequent sprays of fresh juice was pretty uneventful, fizzy citrus (bergamot?), nothing but hints of tart smoke, then not much.
    I've been spraying this maybe once a week, 2 sprays to use it, and get some extra air in the bottle.
    I have been shaking the bottle vigorously every 2-3 days to essentially aerate the juice, I shake it hard enough to where the air foams.
    Ive been doing this for about a month now, and I definitely notice a change in how fast it gets to the sweet-ish fruity part, there isnt a "gap" of "nothingness" like before.
    Its definitely lasting longer and longer on me the more I do this.
    8 hours in today, girlfriend smelled it on me and loves it, and agrees that it doesnt smell the same as a month ago.

    Before everyone jumps all over me, remember, I sprayed the initial spray and it was very strong for about 8-10 hours.
    I had a sneaky suspicion about needing to oxidize the juice based on that.

    I will say, even at the price I paid ($165), its ridiculous that this fragrance is this touchy and requires aging.
    I still think there is less complaining over older juice batches because they age.
    I see a lot of complaints over very fresh bottles.

    Just my take and experience, take it for what its worth.
    Likely my last Creed fragrance after this frustration.
    5.5oz of this stuff should last me just about forever anyway.
    I thought I was mistaken but I noticed (maybe it could be all in my head) that Aventus smells "richer" if I spray it from a very small atomizer as opposed to spraying from the original bottle. Could it be that the smaller volume of the atomizer has an effect on it? Or the air exposure from spraying from the bottle to the atomizer (like in wine aeration)?

  25. #1945

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by carnivroar View Post
    I thought I was mistaken but I noticed (maybe it could be all in my head) that Aventus smells "richer" if I spray it from a very small atomizer as opposed to spraying from the original bottle. Could it be that the smaller volume of the atomizer has an effect on it? Or the air exposure from spraying from the bottle to the atomizer (like in wine aeration)?
    Who knows...
    I think its crazy that this type of conversation even happens at all.
    My 25ml decants are from poured sample vials, I think it smells the same whether its dabbing from the vial or small spray.

    I think this scent should be renamed:

    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

    For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 10/09

  26. #1946

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Well, if my observations are really true, I don't see anything wrong with it. Allocating a small amount of juice to my atomizer in order to "age" it for immediate use is no big deal. At least I know that my bottle is aging for the better.

    Anyone else experience the same thing? Maybe we should start a new topic? I'd like to hear other's experience about this since I am new to fragrance (Aventus is the only one I have ).

  27. #1947

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by carnivroar View Post
    Well, if my observations are really true, I don't see anything wrong with it. Allocating a small amount of juice to my atomizer in order to "age" it for immediate use is no big deal. At least I know that my bottle is aging for the better.
    I see what you mean now.
    More air than juice you mean.
    Putting 20ml in a 50ml bottle.
    That would make sense to oxidize faster.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

    For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 10/09

  28. #1948

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    I see what you mean now.
    More air than juice you mean.
    Putting 20ml in a 50ml bottle.
    That would make sense to oxidize faster.
    Take it with a grain of salt, this is not a controlled experiment, just some observations and I might be completely wrong and imagining stuff.

    Anyways, just took a sniff of the shirt I wore today (with Aventus) and smelled something totally new - a little more smoke this time - AND DAMN I SMELL GOOD.

    This batch is the good stuff for sure: A42B13X01

  29. #1949

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Which batch numbers creed boutique new york selling ?

    Need to get a bottle for my brother.

  30. #1950

    Default Interesting Creed bottle

    I received a bottle of Creed Aventus today and noticed that the size of the sprayer is of smaller size than the rest of my bottles of creed fragrances. I purchased from a legit department store so I doubt it is fake but I am a little surprised. Have they switched over to this new size of sprayer now? I hope somebody can shed some light onto this for me.

    20140327_181710_zps055bb960.jpg

  31. #1951

    Default Re: Interesting Creed bottle

    Yes thats the new sprayer, loads of post about this on the Aventus Batch thread.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

  32. #1952

    Default Re: Interesting Creed bottle

    Hi!

    We'll merge this with the Creed batch thread in order to keep all of the info. together.

    Thanks!

  33. #1953

    Default Re: Interesting Creed bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    Yes thats the new sprayer, loads of post about this on the Aventus Batch thread.
    Thanks! I wont worry now!

  34. #1954

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    hi
    iam new to the forum but been reading ppl reveiws for a while now.i kept seeing creed aventus come up in top 3 lists or so.
    so i at to get my nose on it a couple of months ago now before i found out about batch numbers.
    now its worrying me cause dont want to shell out loads of cash for the wrong batch anyway ive mailed allbeauty and they have got batch number A42B13R01 on a 120 ml can anyone help us on this batch thx also mailed fragrance.net but still waiting on reply
    also saw the pictures on here with the creed writing in black on bottle is original is that true

  35. #1955

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Good batch! Best of the 2013's thats for sure.

  36. #1956

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Good batch! Best of the 2013's thats for sure.
    really? I thought U01 & U02 were.

  37. #1957

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Good batch! Best of the 2013's thats for sure.
    Man, maybe I've been 'lucky' with the Aventus batches I got, I have 2011 Z01 and 2013 R01.

    The Z01 one I received even though I did an order or w/e in September of 2012, and got the 2011 batch. .

    Btw, the new sprayers do interest me, but also concerning... is there not a little metal bb/ball in there? The tubing may seem thinner; appears not as sturdy or something?
    (Formerly Jouho)

  38. #1958

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Hi, I am getting batch number A42813w01 120ml

    If someone has this one could you please tell me how this is .

  39. #1959

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I have the U02 batch. It seems markedly less smoky than the Creed sample I have (don't know what batch).

  40. #1960

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    My newest bottle is batch number S042B13W01. Has anyone got experience with this batch? It seems quite pineapple heavy but is not lasting long.

  41. #1961

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by rollzst View Post
    My newest bottle is batch number S042B13W01. Has anyone got experience with this batch? It seems quite pineapple heavy but is not lasting long.
    I have a decant of it. Very fruity pineapple. Sometimes it lasts 8 hours on me, sometimes 2 depending on my body chemistry that day...so I'd say it averages 5 which is on the low side. All in all it's a great smelling batch that lacks longevity.

  42. #1962

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I have a sample of FP42313U02. When I spray it on my skin there is a hint of pineapple but it goes smokey quite quickly. I wore it to a black tie event a couple of days ago. I have just taken my shirt out to put in the wash and it has a gorgeous pineapple smell. So I would say if you want the pineapple smell, spray on clothes, if you want smokey spray on skin if you want both, spray on skin and clothes!

  43. #1963
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Singapore, Tokyo
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    A42B13P01 is a nice balance between smoky and sweet. Has good longevity.

    I'm finding the batch variations with Aventus and MI to be be substantial. I now test all new testers and purchase these instead.

  44. #1964

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    really? I thought U01 & U02 were.
    Just swapped my bottle to U01, really good!

  45. #1965

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Like several others, I didn't like Aventus the first 3 or so times I used it either. However, something about it kept drawing me back and I have to say that I too have come to appreciate it.

    Any batches that are about even parts smoky and pineapple? Also any batches that are more pineapple and less smoky?

    Several of the ones I've sampled were a lot more smoke but the sample I have (ordered, don't have batch number right now but can check) seems closer to where I'd like it, although imo it could still use a bit more pineapple in it.

  46. #1966

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Also maybe it would be in our best interests to make a list somewhere that notes the relative smokiness vs pineapple (maybe average it out somehow to account for subjectivity of individuals).

  47. #1967

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I've avoided this thread for a while and just read through the latest 4 pages. It's difficult not to cringe when reading some of the posts. Batch variation exists and people using ridiculous techniques like spraying 4 different batches on one arm to compare the batches says it all. The excellent batches from 2011 like X02 have a prohibitive amount of Lyral compared with 2014's batches in line with industry guidelines. This made up 10% of the composition. Removing it has no effect according to those claiming that there is no batch variation. More face in palm gestures...

  48. #1968

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by fp627 View Post
    Also maybe it would be in our best interests to make a list somewhere that notes the relative smokiness vs pineapple (maybe average it out somehow to account for subjectivity of individuals).
    Good idea Specially the latest batces 2013/2014

  49. #1969

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I've added all the batch numbers on this thread to the directory so they can all be compared.

  50. #1970
    Dependent del's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,113
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I've added all the batch numbers on this thread to the directory so they can all be compared.
    Boss.

    5517

  51. #1971

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Ha. Ha. Ha.

  52. #1972
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    11,185

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers


  53. #1973
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    It looks like we've all been Rick-Rolled

  54. #1974

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Just to update on batch a42b13x01. This batch is excellent! I have a small decant of Z01 and I have to say my X01 is on par with the Z01. Perfect combination of pineapple and smoke with great longevity and projection. It's a winner!

  55. #1975

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    You're the best Grant!

  56. #1976
    Basenotes Plus
    CapriDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sai Gon, Vietnam
    Posts
    3,160

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant;3111116[SIZE=7
    ]I've added all the batch numbers on this thread to the directoryso they can all be compared[/SIZE].
    So cool!

    Martinijo wil be very happy

  57. #1977

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Well I have had a J01 sampler. Now I have a U02 4oz.

    U02 has better longevity, more pineapple. J01 is good but it turns to smoke pretty quick. Pineapple just disappears from it. U02 is pretty potent and a good blend of pineapple and smoke. I also found J01 to have a metallic tinge after a while. I don't get this with U02

    I honestly can't believe there are members on here that use 3 or more sprays. These are the guys you walk past and think, id be embarrassed to reek like that. I like to smell pleasant, but not like the perfume isle at a drug mart.

    I wear one spray, some hits my neck, some hits my T-shirt and that's all. So when I hear those people expressing concern about projection, well I can't take them seriously when they say the scent was gone after 3hrs. Perhaps they weren't a gas camp after threw hours haha. Anyways, U02 starts off really fruity, almost sweet. But within an hour it dries down and stays at a level of good smokeineapple ratio. You sniff it and you smell smoke, then an after smell of pineapple. I got mine from fragrancex.

  58. #1978
    Dependent caferacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by stewart262 View Post
    Well I have had a J01 sampler. Now I have a U02 4oz.

    U02 has better longevity, more pineapple. J01 is good but it turns to smoke pretty quick. Pineapple just disappears from it. U02 is pretty potent and a good blend of pineapple and smoke. I also found J01 to have a metallic tinge after a while. I don't get this with U02

    I honestly can't believe there are members on here that use 3 or more sprays. These are the guys you walk past and think, id be embarrassed to reek like that. I like to smell pleasant, but not like the perfume isle at a drug mart.

    I wear one spray, some hits my neck, some hits my T-shirt and that's all. So when I hear those people expressing concern about projection, well I can't take them seriously when they say the scent was gone after 3hrs. Perhaps they weren't a gas camp after threw hours haha. Anyways, U02 starts off really fruity, almost sweet. But within an hour it dries down and stays at a level of good smokeineapple ratio. You sniff it and you smell smoke, then an after smell of pineapple. I got mine from fragrancex.
    There's a lot more that affects projection than simply the strength of the fragrance. The dryness of the wearer's skin, ambient temperature and humidity all play a role. One spray on you might smell exactly the same as 4 sprays on someone with dry skin. The same goes for longevity.

  59. #1979

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    There's a lot more that affects projection than simply the strength of the fragrance. The dryness of the wearer's skin, ambient temperature and humidity all play a role. One spray on you might smell exactly the same as 4 sprays on someone with dry skin. The same goes for longevity.
    Totally. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. But I read one guy using 8 sprays.. I mean, if it's that extreme, may as well spray a shirt.

    Anywho. The two smell different. That's the main point.

  60. #1980

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I'm about to buy a carded aventus sample and the seller said its batch number C42B13P01. Does anyone know of this specific batch?

Similar Threads

  1. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By mac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th April 2013, 03:44 AM
  2. Patou PH owners - how to tell if its gone off?
    By smellyliquid in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 06:55 AM
  3. Geir owners, I have a question
    By flee in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th April 2006, 03:09 AM
  4. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000