Code of Conduct
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Results 2,521 to 2,559 of 2559

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    Your bottle is real. I have the same exact same bottle and lot number as well as the atomizer. Also your issue with not being able to push it all the way down is most likely because the atomizer has about half the amount of travel and its output per spray is about half. When comparing to other batches you may be comparing less juice of your 14a01 to other batches with twice the output. You have to compare drop for drop.

1. You have a new bottle. Creeds are notorious with seeming weak at first. Decant a small amount and let it sit with some air in the decant. It will oxidize and hopefully you will get better performance.

2. The new sprayer has 50% less ouput. If you are comparing to another batch 1. the old batch has had a chance to mature, and 2. it had more output and you probably arent comparing the same amount of juice.

3. If your spraying it on your neck or near your face you will experience fatigue. No matter where you spray it, trying to guage longevity and projection on yourself is not a good idea. Spray a friend, co worker or loved one with it and come back to smell them throughout the day. Not on a day you are wearing aventus though. If people are looking for a batch that wont cause fatigue then you probably need to find a different fragrance.

Really? is that why you were considering buying another bottle of it when you said you thought you may have returned it prematurely? What about when you admitted you were wearing a lot of aventus around the time of your testing? And how about the part where you admit you were comparing spray for spray and admitted to me that you didnt account for the difference in output? Or what about the part where you said you read that fragrances can mature and get better with some time and air? That to me sounds like your testing methods were less than a controlled experiment and you yourself mentioned you think you returned it a bit too soon. You have also mentioned that you are very new to fragrances and have limited experience with figuring it all out. Now that we had an argument you seem to be pretty sure of yourself.

I also find it interesting that you NEVER decided to come to this thread and report your "findings" about the batch until me and you had our private argument. That combined with the fact that nearly 50% off your posts so far are trying to point out in a vague manner that you dont agree with me have me believing you are looking for an excuse to have yet another argument. I think if you want to call me out just go ahead and do it. Dont make vague pot shots on how "you dont know why "anyone" (meaning me as you quote me) would think this is one of the strongest batches ever".

For the record I never said strongest batch ever. I said strongest batch I have tried. Regardless of what your true feelings are about this particular batch the fact that you only bring it up now after our little falling out and you quoting my past praises of the batch only shows the true intentions of your post which has nothing to do with helping others out. Now, Im sorry you dont agree with me or the reason in which we had that falling out but its going to get pretty tiresome if you cant find a way to get over it. Maybe what you need is some closure or reassurance. So why dont you make a new thread expressing your discontent with our disagreement and make sure to tell the whole truth and not just the parts that you want to tell. And then see the waves of people NOT coming to your defense and then make like frozen and let it go.

EXCUSE ME, Tmoran, I have not ONCE mentioned YOU IN ANY of my posts, So kindly STOP mentioning me in yours !

You have personally criticized me several times now, by saying I have no experience, etcetera.
    Keep your personal Innuendos to yourself sunshine. I have already reported you for doing it.

My posts have only ever commented about the topic and have not mentioned you once !
    You have mentioned me twice now, claiming I have no experience and so on. Your personal opinions about me are not allowed here.

In you want to read between the lines and THINK I’m talking about you, then that’s YOUR Problem not mine ! ! I’m sensing a major Superiority Complex here.

My last post just agreed with another poster that claims the 14A01 batch is weak, and I STILL agree with that. There’s been several others posters here who have also said they found it weak too. My post didn’t mention you, nor did it have anything to do with you.

If my comment below irritates you then that’s your problem, and I suggest you get over yourself !

I agree with you 100% !
    I was thoroughly disappointed with it too....I can't imagine why anyone would think that this is one of the strongest batches ever

The operative word in my above comment is “ Anyone “ , not “Tmoran”

I didn’t mention you and wasn’t referring to you . There’s a guy who’s selling Aventus decants on the internet that refers to the 14A01 batch as “One of the strongest batches ever” with insane longevity and projection…. Once again, I disagree with that and that's my right to do so.

You’re not the Aventus King Tmoran, and not everyone’s opinion will be the same as yours. So just accept it and move on. Stop thinking it’s all about you and get off your high horse.

I’ve had enough of your harassment and if you continue, I shall report you once again.
    Last edited by jasonwr; 15th September 2014 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwr View Post
    I bought mine from David Jones too.... How is the S042C14D01 Batch ?

I would like to know if anyone has tried the S42C14C01 batch...
    Still haven't tested it out 100%, i tried it on today but sprayed it on my clothes instead of my skin since i heard its potent and i didn't want to kill anyone while taking the stuff bus, this was around 12-13 hours ago. Upon smelling my shirt i believe i can still smell a hint of it (so it has longevity?). Though while at David Jones the guy at the counter sprayed one of the testers that they have (120ml) i believe all over the wrapping paper and more than 20 hours + it still smells extremely strong.

Wonder if it's the same batch as mine even though i bought 75ml.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sequoiiathrone View Post
    What do people mean when they say you have to let aventus age? How long does this take to happen?

IMHO its not so much about how long. Because fragrance can sit in a bottle for awhile and not develop at all because there is no air in the bottle. The concept is one of oxidation. And some believe it applies more to the natural elements in scents rather than the more stable synthetics. The idea is that once air (oxygen) is allowed to enter the bottle in a significant amount the fragrance in the bottle can change because the air oxidizes certain elements of the fragrances composition.

This is why some people prefer to only decant fragrances with a pipette or a syringe so that the fragrance remains unaffected by air. When you make a decant with from a bottle with an atomizer air is mixed with the fragrance and it can start to "evolve" before it even touches the skin. For some fragrances this is NOT a good thing. As you can get a spoiled or fermented type smell after some time. WIth creed ( and I have no idea why) many of their scents seem relatively weak when you first spray them. I cant tell you how many people have stated their GIT or MI was like scented water. I thought this too of every creed I own. But after getting as little as 10 -15ml out of the bottle and let some air in the bottle will help it along. For me I noticed it took a few weeks to a couple months to fully realize the potential of some fragrances from this house.

If you have a new bottle and want to try it get a 5ml atomizer and fill it half way. let it sit a week or two without using it. Maybe roll it over a couple times every other day to make sure air is mixing with the liquid. After that two weeks compare what is in the decant to what is in your bottle. Mind you this really only works on new bottles as older fragrances that are half empty have all ready gradually "aged" or "matured".

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwr View Post
    EXCUSE ME, Tmoran, I have not ONCE mentioned YOU IN ANY of my posts, So kindly STOP mentioning me in yours !

You have personally criticized me several times now, by saying I have no experience, etcetera.
    Keep your personal Innuendos to yourself sunshine. I have already reported you for doing it.

My posts have only ever commented about the topic and have not mentioned you once !
    You have mentioned me twice now, claiming I have no experience and so on. Your personal opinions about me are not allowed here.

In you want to read between the lines and THINK I’m talking about you, then that’s YOUR Problem not mine ! ! I’m sensing a major Superiority Complex here.

My last post just agreed with another poster that claims the 14A01 batch is weak, and I STILL agree with that. There’s been several others posters here who have also said they found it weak too. My post didn’t mention you, nor did it have anything to do with you.

If my comment below irritates you then that’s your problem, and I suggest you get over yourself !

]I agree with you 100% !
    I was thoroughly disappointed with it too....I can't imagine why anyone would think that this is one of the strongest batches ever
    The operative word in my above comment is]“ Anyone “ , not “Tmoran”

I didn’t mention you and wasn’t referring to you . There’s a guy who’s selling Aventus decants on the internet that refers to the 14A01 batch as “One of the strongest batches ever” with insane longevity and projection…. Once again, I disagree with that and that's my right to do so.

You’re not the Aventus King Tmoran, and not everyone’s opinion will be the same as yours. So just accept it and move on. Stop thinking it’s all about you and get off your high horse

I’ve had enough of your harassment and if you continue, I shall report you once again.

I have not stated my opinion of you nor did I insult you or criticize you. I stated facts pointing to contradictory statements you have made about the topic of this thread. I did not think this was a problem as you yourself were the one who made the statements. I was looking for clarification. Sorry you took offense. Also, If you werent referring to me with your comments then I apologize. They were strikingly similar to comments I have made both in this thread and via P.M. None of this was harassment despite your opinion otherwise. The only other thing is you have mentioned that opinions of one another are not allowed on this forum. While I dont remember saying anything directly about you or how I feel about you I did underline and bold some things you did direct my way in an attempt to guide you in following the very rules you pointed out to me. Thank you for your understanding.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 15th September 2014 at 09:59 PM.

my batch code is etched into the bottom of the bottle. My full lot number is LT42C14A01. Now some have suggested that the LT should make no difference. And that a 14 year A01 batch will be the same no matter what the first letter characters are. And that those letters signify what region of the world it was intendet to be sold. Or what distributor it was intended for. Now I am not so sure this is the case. With so many variances in just what the 14A01 batch smells like and how it performs it has me questioning the validity of these batch number claims. It seems some people are experiencing issues with the exact same lot number as mine. Still I think there are other factors at play and every time I bring them up no one really addresses them. So I really cant say much more about it.
    I have the exact same batch as you and mine is also etched(in small font) on the bottom of the bottle. But as recent 14A01 owners have been proclaiming, this batch was the worst mistake I've ever made. I honestly can't believe I spent $216 on Aventus for 2-4 hours of weak projection and longevity. I wish I can get my money back but that's obviously out of the picture. My bottle may have been ruined by heat in transit or this bottle was watered down/or fake. Either way, I know I should've purchased my bottle from Neiman Marcus. My only wish is that my bottle matures. Like I've mentioned, I get mostly pineapples, with that said, I would like the Burch note to stand out more. Sigh, I wish I can say amazing things about this experience, but it was a waste of $. I was also going to say this bottle has exceeded its shelf life but that's impossible because this batch was created and released earlier this year. Ugh, winter is coming and I might just buy myself a Tom Ford Tuscan Leather because my Aventus's performance absolutely blows. Feel free (for 14A01 owners) to contribute to this disappointing experience.

IMHO its not so much about how long. Because fragrance can sit in a bottle for awhile and not develop at all because there is no air in the bottle. The concept is one of oxidation. And some believe it applies more to the natural elements in scents rather than the more stable synthetics. The idea is that once air (oxygen) is allowed to enter the bottle in a significant amount the fragrance in the bottle can change because the air oxidizes certain elements of the fragrances composition.

This is why some people prefer to only decant fragrances with a pipette or a syringe so that the fragrance remains unaffected by air. When you make a decant with from a bottle with an atomizer air is mixed with the fragrance and it can start to "evolve" before it even touches the skin. For some fragrances this is NOT a good thing. As you can get a spoiled or fermented type smell after some time. WIth creed ( and I have no idea why) many of their scents seem relatively weak when you first spray them. I cant tell you how many people have stated their GIT or MI was like scented water. I thought this too of every creed I own. But after getting as little as 10 -15ml out of the bottle and let some air in the bottle will help it along. For me I noticed it took a few weeks to a couple months to fully realize the potential of some fragrances from this house.

If you have a new bottle and want to try it get a 5ml atomizer and fill it half way. let it sit a week or two without using it. Maybe roll it over a couple times every other day to make sure air is mixing with the liquid. After that two weeks compare what is in the decant to what is in your bottle. Mind you this really only works on new bottles as older fragrances that are half empty have all ready gradually "aged" or "matured".
    Aventus newbies, take note. Tmoran makes some excellent points here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2eZ4Mins View Post
    I have the exact same batch as you and mine is also etched(in small font) on the bottom of the bottle. But as recent 14A01 owners have been proclaiming, this batch was the worst mistake I've ever made. I honestly can't believe I spent $216 on Aventus for 2-4 hours of weak projection and longevity. I wish I can get my money back but that's obviously out of the picture. My bottle may have been ruined by heat in transit or this bottle was watered down/or fake. Either way, I know I should've purchased my bottle from Neiman Marcus. My only wish is that my bottle matures. Like I've mentioned, I get mostly pineapples, with that said, I would like the Burch note to stand out more. Sigh, I wish I can say amazing things about this experience, but it was a waste of $. I was also going to say this bottle has exceeded its shelf life but that's impossible because this batch was created and released earlier this year. Ugh, winter is coming and I might just buy myself a Tom Ford Tuscan Leather because my Aventus's performance absolutely blows. Feel free (for 14A01 owners) to contribute to this disappointing experience.
    Really sorry you had this experience mate. I trust the noses of those who report good longevity/feedback on 14A01, so I suspect that the problem is with your particular bottle. This is why I always suggest (and get attacked for, occasionally) paying full price through Creed or an official retailer. With niche juice, paying full price obviously costs more, but is worth the peace of mind, at least for me. It is possible that the bottle matures, however I have only witnessed this maturation process with authentic juice. None of the ones I received from discounters (when I made that mistake) have matured in the slightest, and actually smell worse than before.

How/where are you applying the Aventus? One spray behind each ear/neck seems to work well for me. Some people spray their hair too. Also, don't rub it in. Avoid spraying your chest and shirt to prevent olfactory fatigue. I thought I had a dud too but simply changed where I applied the Aventus and it really makes a difference. Just my opinion FWIW - YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey74 View Post
    How/where are you applying the Aventus? One spray behind each ear/neck seems to work well for me. Some people spray their hair too. Also, don't rub it in. Avoid spraying your chest and shirt to prevent olfactory fatigue. I thought I had a dud too but simply changed where I applied the Aventus and it really makes a difference. Just my opinion FWIW - YMMV.
    One spray each arm and one on my neck. And I know not to rub or shake the fragrance. I've been in the fragrance game for a while. I also know how to uphold maximum shelf life of all my fragrances. And to Neo, I'm 99% sure my bottle is real, maybe I just got a bad bottle. I'm still tilted though haha. How can a batch that came out this year be so weak? I would assume that Creed's CEO and his/her team review the whole batch variation and consider doing something about it so consumers are not spending hours if not days examining his or her batch. My intuition tells me that oxidating a fragrance does more harm than good, it'll most likely weaken this bottle even more. I always spray my frags on my arms because its easier to understand fragrance's development and transition between the top, heart and basenotes. I sprayed my Aventus at 10am and walked to a grocery store (a mile walk in 78-80 degree weather) and came back home. I smelled both of my arms and I was already smelling weak vanilla. This is just not acceptable. What I'll do is stop using my Aventus for couple days and re-apply in couple days. And on my next application, I think I'll spray 4-5 times instead of 2-3 times. 14A01 is not one of the best batches ever and I blame no one but myself for believing in other people's experiences. Ugh, so fed up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nosey74 View Post
    One spray each arm and one on my neck. And I know not to rub or shake the fragrance. I've been in the fragrance game for a while. I also know how to uphold maximum shelf life of all my fragrances. And to Neo, I'm 99% sure my bottle is real, maybe I just got a bad bottle. I'm still tilted though haha. How can a batch that came out this year be so weak? I would assume that Creed's CEO and his/her team review the whole batch variation and consider doing something about it so consumers are not spending hours if not days examining his or her batch. My intuition tells me that oxidating a fragrance does more harm than good, it'll most likely weaken this bottle even more. I always spray my frags on my arms because its easier to understand fragrance's development and transition between the top, heart and basenotes. I sprayed my Aventus at 10am and walked to a grocery store (a mile walk in 78-80 degree weather) and came back home. I smelled both of my arms and I was already smelling weak vanilla. This is just not acceptable. What I'll do is stop using my Aventus for couple days and re-apply in couple days. And on my next application, I think I'll spray 4-5 times instead of 2-3 times. 14A01 is not one of the best batches ever and I blame no one but myself for believing in other people's experiences. Ugh, so fed up lol.

And to Neo, I'm 99% sure my bottle is real, maybe I just got a bad bottle. I'm still tilted though haha. How can a batch that came out this year be so weak?
    I'm sure it is real - most of the grey market bottles I have come across are definitely authentic. But despite their authenticity, the grey market seems to have all sorts of other issues, like bad storage and off-smelling (not simply varied batch) juice. It is possible that the 14A01 that you are experiencing, while probably authentic, is not the same as what others are experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    I'm sure it is real - most of the grey market bottles I have come across are definitely authentic. But despite their authenticity, the grey market seems to have all sorts of other issues, like bad storage and off-smelling (not simply varied batch) juice. It is possible that the 14A01 that you are experiencing, while probably authentic, is not the same as what others are experiencing.
    My Aventus is not from the grey market, my guy bought it straight from the Creed Boutique, and as far as I know, if you make an online order from their official website right now, there's a really good chance that you'll get the 14A01 bottle or the other 2014 batches. My guy also stated that he has kept the bottle he sold me at optimal condition before selling it to me. Unless my skin hates Aventus, I probably received a defected bottle that has been damaged during transit. I sprayed it this morning at 10am (4 sprays) and I can barely smell anything right now (1:45pm). If anyone wants to buy this bottle for $200 (99.5% full), I'll sell it.

Basenotes Plus

Well let me first say that I'm sorry you arent having the same experience I am having with the 14A01 batch. Since I dont have your bottle in hand there are only a few things I can think of and its all speculation as I have know real way of knowing.

1. The bottle could have been tampered with. The old style atomizer with its ball bearing one way valve made refilling it all but impossible without removing the atomizer assembly and refitting it with a new one which meant it was more work than it was worth and almost always easy to spot as no one can get genuine creed atomizers. The newer atomizers lack this valve. So with $3 worth of rubber and a plastic syringe people are able to tamper with it much easier and no one is the wiser.

2. Your bottle may have been exposed to heat and or light. I doubt this to be the case only because it is such a new batch. And I know that bottles sit in the windows of the boutique all the time. I think it takes more time for something to go seriously wrong. Usually if something with natural elements in it were to go bad it would smell fermented, sour or just bad. I wouldnt usually smell weak or diluted.

3. The juice again is fresh. WIth a creed this will mean its not at its full potential. If its not number 1 or number 2 then this option holds some hope that your bottle will blossom with time. Again I recommend decanting some so as to get air in the decant and your bottle. Time is the second most important factor. Air is the first. WIthout air age will usually not be doing much.

4. The dreaded word of olfactory fatigue. Aventus is a powerful scent. So powerful that most longevity issues are reported by people wearing it who can no longer smell it. But if the longevity really was the issue then no one would compliment you as they shouldnt be able to smell it either. If you get compliments while you cant smell it on yourself this is no doubt the cause. Olfactory fatigue within a couple hours of wearing is more of an indication of a stronger batch than a weaker one.

Basenotes Plus

My Aventus is not from the grey market, my guy bought it straight from the Creed Boutique, and as far as I know, if you make an online order from their official website right now, there's a really good chance that you'll get the 14A01 bottle or the other 2014 batches. My guy also stated that he has kept the bottle he sold me at optimal condition before selling it to me. Unless my skin hates Aventus, I probably received a defected bottle that has been damaged during transit. I sprayed it this morning at 10am (4 sprays) and I can barely smell anything right now (1:45pm). If anyone wants to buy this bottle for $200 (99.5% full), I'll sell it.

1. You should not put aventus on your neck. You will increase your chances of olfactory fatigue. Especially with a strong batch. Spray only your arms. Preferably your wrists.

2. What other batches have you had to base a comparison on if you dont mind me asking?

My intuition tells me that oxidating a fragrance does more harm than good, it'll most likely weaken this bottle even more.
    In most cases your intuition would be correct. But not this time. Some believe creeds are mostly sythetic. Others believe that they use a lot of natural elements. But one thing most fans of the house will agree on if they have enough experience with the genuine article is that they get stronger and in most cases better with air and age. And if I had the $200 I would buy your bottle just becuase you have me so curious about it.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 16th September 2014 at 09:17 PM.

1. You should not put aventus on your neck. You will increase your chances of olfactory fatigue. Especially with a strong batch. Spray only your arms. Preferably your wrists.

2. What other batches have you had to base a comparison on if you dont mind me asking?

In most cases your intuition would be correct. But not this time. Some believe creeds are mostly sythetic. Others believe that they use a lot of natural elements. But one thing most fans of the house will agree on if they have enough experience with the genuine article is that they get stronger and in most cases better with air and age. And if I had the $200 I would buy your bottle just becuase you have me so curious about it.
    I've tried 2011 and 2012 batches from Marios (high-end department store in Oregon), and I remember lasting way longer than my 14A01 batch. Although it was less fruiter and more smokier, the overall comparison/distinction when examining its performance was absolutely clear. Anyways, you live and learn, next time I'll do more research. I'm also participating in facebook group "Fragrance Swap" and others who have bought from the same guy has mentioned it he is getting 8-10 hours of projection and almost 24 hours of longevity. I call BS on that.

Basenotes Plus

I've tried 2011 and 2012 batches from Marios (high-end department store in Oregon), and I remember lasting way longer than my 14A01 batch. Although it was less fruiter and more smokier, the overall comparison/distinction when examining its performance was absolutely clear. Anyways, you live and learn, next time I'll do more research. I'm also participating in facebook group "Fragrance Swap" and others who have bought from the same guy has mentioned it he is getting 8-10 hours of projection and almost 24 hours of longevity. I call BS on that.

well thats kinda what I am getting on my 14a01 batch. Im really leaning towards olfactory fatigue in your case especially when you say you are spraying your neck. Now my only other question is you are saying the guy you bought it from bought it directly from the creed boutique and that your bottle is not gray market. But then you also say that others have bought the same thing from him. Something about that doesnt add up. The boutique doesnt offer wholesale pricing. So the guy either didnt get them from the boutique, or he is just doing charity work in the form of fragrances. I cant see any reason why a guy would buy multiple bottles of aventus from the boutique and then go sell them on facebook for a $150 loss. I could see the guy buying a bottle from the boutique, not liking it and then dumping it at a loss, but not multiples. Thats just not right.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 16th September 2014 at 10:28 PM.

well thats kinda what I am getting on my 14a01 batch. Im really leaning towards olfactory fatigue in your case especially when you say you are spraying your neck. Now my only other question is you are saying the guy you bought it from bought it directly from the creed boutique and that your bottle is not gray market. But then you also say that others have bought the same thing from him. Something about that doesnt add up. The boutique doesnt offer wholesale pricing. So the guy either didnt get them from the boutique, or he is just doing charity work in the form of fragrances. I cant see any reason why a guy would buy multiple bottles of aventus from the boutique and then go sell them on facebook for a $150 loss. I could see the guy buying a bottle from the boutique, not liking it and then dumping it at a loss, but not multiples. Thats just not right.
    Tmoran nailed it on this one. Something doesn't add up, which is why I'm assuming it is a grey market bottle.

" I could see the guy buying a bottle from the boutique, not liking it and then dumping it at a loss, but not multiples. "

This also raises a larger question in my mind. Have you noticed that online grey market sellers almost always have the most popular Creeds available: Aventus, GIT, etc.? Grey market goods are supposed to be over-supplies in one market moving to another market, often at discount prices. You would expect to find the least popular Creeds predominating, not the best sellers.

Well, you may say, what's least popular in the Arab world comes to America where it's more popular. Ahaa! Back to the example above: If year after year fragrances like Aventus and Green Irish Tweed are not big sellers in the Arab world, why do they keep buying them in such large quantities only to dump them at cost or a loss on the grey market?

I suspect the answer is that a lot of counterfeit products are sold as grey market. How else to explain the steep discount? After all, there is nobody certifying what are "official grey market" goods, since the grey market is a rather lawless sub-culture of commerce. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; Yesterday at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    " I could see the guy buying a bottle from the boutique, not liking it and then dumping it at a loss, but not multiples. "

This also raises a larger question in my mind. Have you noticed that online grey market sellers almost always have the most popular Creeds available: Aventus, GIT, etc.? Grey market goods are supposed to be over-supplies in one market moving to another market, often at discount prices. You would expect to find the least popular Creeds predominating, not the best sellers.

Well, you may say, what's least popular in the Arab world comes to America where it's more popular. Ahaa! Back to the example above: If year after year fragrances like Aventus and Green Irish Tweed are not big sellers in the Arab world, why do they keep buying them in such large quantities only to dump them at cost or a loss on the grey market?

I suspect the answer is that a lot of counterfeit products are sold as grey market. How else to explain the steep discount? After all, there is nobody certifying what are "official grey market" goods, since the grey market is a rather lawless sub-culture of commerce. Your thoughts?
    How do you know that the Arab retailers are taking a loss when they sell a bottle of Creed to the grey market?

Yeah I agree with you and some of the points you bring up is interesting. However, I know for a fact that my bottle is 100% legit and I actually got a good deal on it. I'm really leaning towards my body composition being the biggest factor when it comes the overall performance. Hopefully with age, my bottle will develop and evolve into a beast. What happened has already happened, all I can really do is stay positive. If anyone wants to purchase my bottle for $200, please PM me. No more offers regarding potential swaps, please.

One thing for certain, next time I purchase ANY fragrance, it'll be straight from the department store(s). I've purchased all my 14 bottles from either Macys and Nordstrom (minus Aventus of-course). It's so funny, I went to Nordstrom online and asked one of the representatives (online chat) what the current batch their shipping and he said "Aventus only uses the best ingredients and not all batches are the same." Even the department stores attempts to diverge away from the whole batch variation topic. Ugh, this whole experience has added nothing but unnecessary stress and grey hair. Anyone else with 14A01 batches?

^ Do. Macy's and Nordstroms not sell that particular batch of Aventus?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    ^ Do. Macy's and Nordstroms not sell that particular batch of Aventus?
    Macy does not carry Creed and all the Nordstroms near my area doesn't carry Creed either. I know you can purchase Creed fragrances on Nordstrom's official online shop but there's absolutely no way you can tell which batch will come knocking on your door. With that said, I wish I can walk into a department store, get a sample of a different batch, and revisit the store to make the purchase. Easier said than done though, Aventus is by far the best fragrance I've ever smelled, only if it projected and lasted hours on "my skin". Can't have everything we want I guess. My bottle is still up for grabs, $200 Aventus 4.0 A1401, 99.7% full.

Quote Originally Posted by alphatango View Post
    Still haven't tested it out 100%, i tried it on today but sprayed it on my clothes instead of my skin since i heard its potent and i didn't want to kill anyone while taking the stuff bus, this was around 12-13 hours ago. Upon smelling my shirt i believe i can still smell a hint of it (so it has longevity?). Though while at David Jones the guy at the counter sprayed one of the testers that they have (120ml) i believe all over the wrapping paper and more than 20 hours + it still smells extremely strong.

Wonder if it's the same batch as mine even though i bought 75ml.
    Just a quick update, don't know if anyone cares or not but this batch that i have is surprisingly good. I ended up trying it last night before i went out to work and regardless that it is intense labor work and i sweat like a mule 10 hours later i had someone ask what i was wearing even though i could not smell a thing on me.

And this was with one spray. Fairly happy.

Basenotes Plus

There is no loss on gray market from other countries as far as I know. I forget where I read it but it has to do with money exchange rates and that some countries actually buy fragrances at a cheaper price than other areas. Certain regions of the world get subsidized goods because the regions have a high poverty level and they wouldnt be able to sell fragrances at european and american price points as only the rich people in those countries could get their hands on them. So in those countries the fragrance price to the dealer is subsidized so that they can sell more quantity. The money exchange rate sometimes is also lower so when they get 100 american dollars it is much more there than what they could sell the bottle for locally. Certain dealers know this and figured out that they can actually make more money per bottle shipping it here and selling it on the gray market than selling it in their own country. And apparently enough so as to make it a worth while venture.

Yeah I agree with you and some of the points you bring up is interesting. However, I know for a fact that my bottle is 100% legit and I actually got a good deal on it. I'm really leaning towards my body composition being the biggest factor when it comes the overall performance. Hopefully with age, my bottle will develop and evolve into a beast. What happened has already happened, all I can really do is stay positive. If anyone wants to purchase my bottle for $200, please PM me. No more offers regarding potential swaps, please.

One thing for certain, next time I purchase ANY fragrance, it'll be straight from the department store(s). I've purchased all my 14 bottles from either Macys and Nordstrom (minus Aventus of-course). It's so funny, I went to Nordstrom online and asked one of the representatives (online chat) what the current batch their shipping and he said "Aventus only uses the best ingredients and not all batches are the same." Even the department stores attempts to diverge away from the whole batch variation topic. Ugh, this whole experience has added nothing but unnecessary stress and grey hair. Anyone else with 14A01 batches?
    I still dont understand if your bottle came directly from the boutique like you say, then why would you think that you would have better luck buying it from a department store?
    Last edited by Tmoran; Yesterday at 12:18 PM.

Just a quick update, don't know if anyone cares or not but this batch that i have is surprisingly good. I ended up trying it last night before i went out to work and regardless that it is intense labor work and i sweat like a mule 10 hours later i had someone ask what i was wearing even though i could not smell a thing on me.

And this was with one spray. Fairly happy.
    I also have this batch, major compliment getter - I do 2 sprays and hours later people can still smell it from a few feet away

what notes do you get from this batch?

Certain regions of the world get subsidized goods because the regions have a high poverty level and they wouldnt be able to sell fragrances at european and american price points as only the rich people in those countries could get their hands on them. So in those countries the fragrance price to the dealer is subsidized so that they can sell more quantity.
    Where do these bizarre theories originate? There are small fluctuations in foreign exchange currency markets that sometimes open up windows of opportunity, but it's not an affirmative action program by Creed to get their products into the hands of those who can least afford it.

Creed could sell more quantity at lower prices any time it wants simply by lowering its prices or holding a sale. They don't. In fact, Creed has been raising prices and introducing an exclusives line at even higher prices than their regular scents. This tells me that they are marketing to an affluent audience, not trying to subsidize sales of luxury perfume to the poor.

Do you even understand the concept of luxury goods? Luxury products like Creed fragrances and Rolex watches and Rolls Royce cars are marketed to a wealthy audience. They are elite status symbols. They are products not everyone can afford. They have limited production runs and sell for very high prices by design. Creed is not interested in being McDonald's -- that's not the business model. Lowering prices so poor people can walk around with these products does not enhance the brand image.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; Today at 02:37 AM.

How do you know that the Arab retailers are taking a loss when they sell a bottle of Creed to the grey market?
    Any authorized retailer that buys from Creed and then turns around and sells Creed products below the prices set by Creed or on the grey market has violated their distributor agreement and risks losing their wholesale account status with Creed. So we know immediately that a dealer bringing Creed products to the grey market is dishonest and doesn't honor his or her agreements.

A business paying full wholesale prices to Creed would then have to sell to a grey market wholesaler at a price that would allow that wholesaler to resell the product to businesses selling direct to the consumer so that you end up paying $116 to $200 for a bottle of Aventus that retails for $350. That's a lot of people taking their cut along the way, plus transportation and storage costs. It's a nickle and dime business model, not a profit center, for any luxury perfume retailer, with a lot of risk involved.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; Today at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie944 View Post
    I also have this batch, major compliment getter - I do 2 sprays and hours later people can still smell it from a few feet away

what notes do you get from this batch?
    Isn't two sprays too much? Anyway where a bout's do you spray them? As for what notes im getting go along the lines of what other people generally smell with it, has a nice sweat (I guess pineapple/ citrus smell at the start) with a leathery, slight smokey smell afterwards. Smells extremely good.

Glad i got a good batch.

Any authorized retailer that buys from Creed and then turns around and sells Creed products below the prices set by Creed or on the grey market has violated their distributor agreement and risks losing their wholesale account status with Creed. So we know immediately that a dealer bringing Creed products to the grey market is dishonest and doesn't honor his or her agreements.

A business paying full wholesale prices to Creed would then have to sell to a grey market wholesaler at a price that would allow that wholesaler to resell the product to businesses selling direct to the consumer so that you end up paying $116 to $200 for a bottle of Aventus that retails for $350. That's a lot of people taking their cut along the way, plus transportation and storage costs. It's a nickle and dime business model, not a profit center, for any luxury perfume retailer, with a lot of risk involved.
    So then why don't Creed stop doing business with retailers that constantly devalue their product and sell it to the grey market? Hint: Because they don't care. This business model has been in place for years, and obviously it's working. Doing the same thing over and over again, all the while losing money, would be the definition of insanity. Creed get their return on their initial investment, and the retailers are free to do as they please. You're not privy to all the figures involved, so you're just speculating here.

We're seeing more and more brands allowing their products to be sold on the grey market. Montale, Serge Lutens, Penhaligons, Diptyque, Bond no 9 etc. Even Amouage has opened up their product to the grey market. Do you contend that these are all fakes, or it it just the Creeds that are fake? I've bought a bunch of 100ml L'artisan fragrances for around $60 each from the grey market, are they fake too?

Why do you seem to be the only guy coming up with these wacky theories, while the other 99% of Basenotes seems perfectly happy with their grey market fragrances? How come I can find hundreds upon hundreds of positive testimonies of grey market fragrance and dealers, but not a single substantiated negative testimony? If you have proof of retailers such as fragrancenet, fragrancex, BeautyEncounter etc selling fakes, feel free to link it here, otherwise I'll have to ignore these types of posts going forward.

Isn't two sprays too much? Anyway where a bout's do you spray them? As for what notes im getting go along the lines of what other people generally smell with it, has a nice sweat (I guess pineapple/ citrus smell at the start) with a leathery, slight smokey smell afterwards. Smells extremely good.

Glad i got a good batch.
    I can't imagine 2 sprays being too much of any fragrance, let alone a Creed. I do 5-7 with Aventus and it still feels underpowered.

hi gents, just wanted to thank you all for inputs on batches of our favorite fragrance - Aventus! i just joined to post here. so please forgive this newbie. i've been following the thread since last year and just now had the courage to join the discussion.

i love aventus, and i am the proud owner of 3 4oz. bottles with batches: s42b12d01b, c42b13nb01, and lt42b13t01. i also own a 30ml decant of a42b13x01. i'm currently using the d01b batch and i appreciate it for what it is. i am from the philippines and the creeds i get are mostly grey market stock. retail prices here are exorbitant and costs at least half a salary of a common worker.

anyway, aside from the x01 batch, i havent read much about my other batches on this thread. wanted to get inputs from creed experts on here.

Hello everyone,
    I tried many many scents and just before buying Tom Ford Oud Wood I heard about Aventus and I love it.
    Now I read about the batch issue (horrible!!!) and I have three batch numbers to choose from when I go to the stores:
    - 13ZZ01
    - 13T01
    - 13Q01
    I didn't find so much information about the last two batches...do you have any clues regarding scent, projection and longevity?
    Which one should I buy??
    Thanks for your help!!

Is there a batch number that is universally seen as the best?

Thanks,

Glad i got a good batch.
    I don't think so, however its pretty pungent. It's hard to tell because 4 hours in and 2 hours after I've stopped smelling it someone 3 feet away will ask me what I'm wearing.

At first I didn't like this batch and thought I'd got a weak batch, but now I realise its pretty potent.

It's a lot different to the 13W01 decant I had, much less smoky and also less pineapple but sweet.

Have faith brother. Ive found that creeds do get better with age. Had a 2010 GIT that really blossomed nicely in the end. Lasted a good 9-12 hours from merely 3-5 during first spray.

I have "drawered" my bottle and put it away for awhile. I think I will get it back out next Spring and see if it has gained any potency. I just don't enjoy it enough in its present state. I'll let it age a bit.

I can't imagine 2 sprays being too much of any fragrance, let alone a Creed. I do 5-7 with Aventus and it still feels underpowered.
    I feel you. It just does not resonate enough for my own enjoyment. Others enjoy it on me, but I need some enjoyment of my own!

I think creed is even "leaking" their products in the grey market to create sales velocity. Also, i think the retailers are the ones jacking up the price by having 50-300% profit margins. Just my opinion. I could be totally wrong.

Any comments on 12d01b, 13nb01, and 13t01? Anyway, have the chance to get a fourth bottle. Should i get another t01, which i mostly enjoy for its longevity, or get a 13q01, which i havent tried yet? I love aventus, regardless of fruitiness or smokiness. Im more concerned with longevity and projection. So which between t01 and q01 should i get?

If I did more than two sprays of my batch, people would have to approach me wearing biohazard gear.