Code of Conduct
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Results 2,641 to 2,695 of 2695
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerboy View Post
    The seller told me that his customers have termed it as being more smokier...so I have my fingers crossed now. Hopefully, it'll end up being well balanced if not more fruitier.
    That sounds like you may have got it from Adam at peraroma he also sells via perfumes4us on ebay. First he called the 14A01 spicy then smoky. Its neither. 14A01 is a fruity batch. The only people who may be able to detect the ashy vibe in it are those with no experience with a truly smoky batch.

What are the differences between batches / LOTs numbers :

LT42C14A01
    LT42C14C01
    A42C14D01
    A42B13W01
    Last edited by sting1; 18th October 2014 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sting1 View Post
    What are the differences between batches / LOTs numbers :
    LT42C14C01
    This is the batch code I'm interested in learning about

So I bought a batch 14A01 Creed Aventus 4oz tester bottle from a highly rated seller on eBay for $175. I, however, question its authenticity...hoping you guys can help me figure it out! Here are some pictures of the bottle;

IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    There are air bubbles on the black sticker that goes around the bottle. That's what concerns me more!
    IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg

The scent itself smells weaker in comparison to my ZZ01 batch decant (which is super fruity!) and is somewhat fruity with very minimal smokiness. What do you guys think??

Looks 100% fine to me. One of my bottles also has 'Certi+' on the back.

If it was fake it would be incredibly evident at first smell... like weak pineapple water.

I'm just bummed at the fact that the black sticker around bottle has air bubbles in it. Man! Creed is a cheapo! ��

Also, shouldn't there be Creed logo carved on the sprayer head?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    That sounds like you may have got it from Adam at peraroma he also sells via perfumes4us on ebay. First he called the 14A01 spicy then smoky. Its neither. 14A01 is a fruity batch. The only people who may be able to detect the ashy vibe in it are those with no experience with a truly smoky batch.
    You're right! That's the guy I bought mine from! I'm quasi-convinced the bottle I received is legit...just a few doubts linger in my head due to the differences I find between other Aventus bottle images on the Internet and mine.

You're right! That's the guy I bought mine from! I'm quasi-convinced the bottle I received is legit...just a few doubts linger in my head due to the differences I find between other Aventus bottle images on the Internet and mine.
    Your bottle is legit.. the pics online are probably the older style bottle. Creed recently changed the sprayer (made it shorter). And theres no longer a bb in the straw. Relax its legit ;-)

Haha, you know every batch out there. You must be an insider at creed

Anyway, it seems to me that almost every new batch thats spoken of now, is fruity and non smokey. Does anyone tested a late 13 or 14 batch thats smokey at all?

Actually, i had a test with some friends of mine, where i sprayed my new 13z01 on my left wrist, and the 12something on my other. And as you know, most ppl thats not into perfumes, usually cant tell any scent apart.

So they did not notice any difference right after i sprayed it on, but after one hour, they smelled it again, and everyone could tell the difference. 13z01 was still crispy and fruits only, and the 12something only got ash left by then.

So thats proof enough for me.

But I'm excited to hear more about the 2014 scents now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Your bottle is legit.. the pics online are probably the older style bottle. Creed recently changed the sprayer (made it shorter). And theres no longer a bb in the straw. Relax its legit ;-)
    That makes me feel a bit better, lol. Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by pkf View Post
    Haha, you know every batch out there. You must be an insider at creed

Anyway, it seems to me that almost every new batch thats spoken of now, is fruity and non smokey. Does anyone tested a late 13 or 14 batch thats smokey at all?

Actually, i had a test with some friends of mine, where i sprayed my new 13z01 on my left wrist, and the 12something on my other. And as you know, most ppl thats not into perfumes, usually cant tell any scent apart.

So they did not notice any difference right after i sprayed it on, but after one hour, they smelled it again, and everyone could tell the difference. 13z01 was still crispy and fruits only, and the 12something only got ash left by then.

So thats proof enough for me.

But I'm excited to hear more about the 2014 scents now.
    LOL, I am most certainly not connected to creed in any way. Wish I was so I could cherry pick batches at will. I have just been lucky enought to try out a bunch of aventus but there are a TON that I havent tried. But I never pass on the opportunity to when i do. As to your question, the only 2013 batches that I have tested that were a bit smokey was T01 from 2013 which had a good amount of smoke and the w01 had a little but it was very balanced and I wouldnt really call it dominant in the ashy vibe. Recent batches though to my nose are much harder to detect differences in the smell. And when there is a difference to me that difference isnt in the fruity/smokey territory but in the ammount of musk and overall intensity of the scent. Thats great for people who like the fruity batches but the smoky fans are SOL it would appear. I know creed doesnt do flankers but I would love to see them divide aventus into two types.

That makes me feel a bit better, lol. Thanks!
    Yeah, Mitchapalooza is right your bottle is legit. Adam doesnt sell knock offs of anything. I have the exact bottle you have if it is the one without the logo and shorter atomizer. I love that batch and the tweaked sprayer. Enjoy your aventus, you got a good one IMHO.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 22nd October 2014 at 12:00 AM.

I don't have a huge basis for comparison, but I have a sample from an unknown batch, and a bottle of F01. F01 has a decidedly stronger pineapple note, and longevity easily takes me through the day. Anyone else have any experience with this batch? I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by David531 View Post
    I don't have a huge basis for comparison, but I have a sample from an unknown batch, and a bottle of F01. F01 has a decidedly stronger pineapple note, and longevity easily takes me through the day. Anyone else have any experience with this batch? I love it.
    Do you mean 14F01?

I have that batch and am exceptionally disappointed with it. In the process of writing a review. It has no sillage or projection and seems to be weak sauce compared with previous batches I've had

Quote Originally Posted by Theal View Post
    Do you mean 14F01?

I have that batch and am exceptionally disappointed with it. In the process of writing a review. It has no sillage or projection and seems to be weak sauce compared with previous batches I've had
    Yeah that's the one. Different strokes I suppose. Like I said, I don't have a huge basis for comparison, but I've found it to have all the projection I would want it to have.

Hi guys! I need your help there

With all those aventus batches, I see that some are more fruity, more pineapple, and some are more "smoky" or "ashy".
    Well, my batch right now from my old bottle is A42B11Y02 and I LOVE this one. My nose is not really good in notes/frag distinction but I think this one is more on the "smoke" side than the "fruity/pineapple" side. So, I was wondering, since I love this batch, is there some other new batches (2014 or 2013..) that are in the same vibe ?

I checked at a store this morning and all their batches was A42C13Z01. I wanted to buy one but after checking some reviews here I see that this batch A42C13Z01 is a very fruity one with just little smoke.

Whats your opinions guys? Any batch to suggest me with a more "smoky" vibes than a "fruity/pineapple" ? Thanks!

EDIT : wow.. after looking on the forum, it look like the batch A42B11Y02 was on the "heavy pineapple" side in the opening and not the smoky/ashy side.. I'm confused, I always thought that it was more smoky than fruity lol
    Last edited by Aztek; 31st October 2014 at 10:56 PM.

Lucky me...very lucky me,just got my first aventus. Lot no A42B11NO1(3 yrs after its out of stock) and it's awesome...mind you it came from the grey market...I worried well over this.pondered and then just blind bought..hoping against hope, I ran it through some "expert" on aventus here..he immediately recognised it and asked for some..!...the longevity is phenomenal..I get at least 16hours..and sometimes at 20 hrs I still get wafts from the wardrobe where my shirt is hanging..!...the smoky, burnt pineapple..opens for me and dry down goes really smoky...later still some sort of green even musky..aroma comes up overall, its wonderful...at least the wife thinks so.(Not new to creed however,been wearing GIT for a while)

Any thoughts on batch : A42B13X01 ?

Quote Originally Posted by sting1 View Post
    Any thoughts on batch : A42B13X01 ?
    There were some discussions on this one earlier in the thread.

I love this one. Balanced batch, excellent performance, tons of compliments.

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tec View Post
    Lucky me...very lucky me,just got my first aventus. Lot no A42B11NO1(3 yrs after its out of stock) and it's awesome...mind you it came from the grey market...I worried well over this.pondered and then just blind bought..hoping against hope, I ran it through some "expert" on aventus here..he immediately recognised it and asked for some..!...the longevity is phenomenal..I get at least 16hours..and sometimes at 20 hrs I still get wafts from the wardrobe where my shirt is hanging..!...the smoky, burnt pineapple..opens for me and dry down goes really smoky...later still some sort of green even musky..aroma comes up overall, its wonderful...at least the wife thinks so.(Not new to creed however,been wearing GIT for a while)
    I had that batch a few years ago. I agree it's has awesome longevity and well balanced...enjoy.

Hello guys, has anyone managed to smell the 14C01 batch? Looking for a bit of advice on if this is a good one? Thanks

I'm so disappointed. I received my order of LT42C14C01 today that I had ordered for my son. He still has some that I had ordered last year, I don't know last years batch number as I don't have the box and it's not embedded into the bottle as this new one is. I sprayed the back of my hand with both. They are so different! Last year's is still going strong and smells wonderful, whilst this new one did not have nearly as prominent a pineapple note and now has almost all but disappeared to a skin scent. I don't understand how very expensive perfume can vary like that. I was looking forward to replenishing his Aventus as he really enjoys it and is his favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Zezinha View Post
    I'm so disappointed...this new one did not have nearly as prominent a pineapple note and now has almost all but disappeared to a skin scent.
    Be reminded that Aventus is notorious for causing olfactory issues because of how strong of a scent it is. I've had similar experience with the ZZ01 batch. I sprayed a ton on because I wasn't smelling anything (except for alcohol) at all. I thought the seller sold me a fake. It wasn't until I received a lot of compliments that night that I realized how wrong I was.

I'd give it a couple more wearings before judging the bottle you have. Also, remember that no matter what the batch number is, their dry downs are pretty similar (contrary to the opening).

Hope this helps!

Basenotes Plus

I'm so disappointed. I received my order of LT42C14C01 today that I had ordered for my son. He still has some that I had ordered last year, I don't know last years batch number as I don't have the box and it's not embedded into the bottle as this new one is. I sprayed the back of my hand with both. They are so different! Last year's is still going strong and smells wonderful, whilst this new one did not have nearly as prominent a pineapple note and now has almost all but disappeared to a skin scent. I don't understand how very expensive perfume can vary like that. I was looking forward to replenishing his Aventus as he really enjoys it and is his favourite.
    Also I know some label me a heretic for saying this but quite a few people agree that many creed scents need some time to bloom. Every creed I own was weak at first spray. A few weeks and a few wearings go by and you may notice is started to develop into something more powerful. I would recommend taking a 5ml atomizer if you have one and decanting about 2.5 ml in that atomizer. Dont even use it just let it sit for a good week or two. Then try it. The amount of air in the atomizer mixed with a short amount of time will give you a better idea of what that batch is going to do for you and how it compares to your old stuff. Robes08 on youtube who I feel knows a good thing or two about fragrances has touched on this concept quite a few times as have other people I trust. And while I have had people tell me I am wrong about this, I kinda have to trust my nose rather than others opinions. And hell, im not even saying to trust my opinion either. Im simply asking you to experiment with small amount of your fragrance just to see if this helps you. If not its still going to be aventus and there is no harm done. If it does work for you please let me know either in this thread or via pm.
    If you are one of those people who insist on paying full retail......Please check out my for sale thread.

Also I know some label me a heretic for saying this but quite a few people agree that many creed scents need some time to bloom. Every creed I own was weak at first spray. A few weeks and a few wearings go by and you may notice is started to develop into something more powerful. I would recommend taking a 5ml atomizer if you have one and decanting about 2.5 ml in that atomizer. Dont even use it just let it sit for a good week or two. Then try it. The amount of air in the atomizer mixed with a short amount of time will give you a better idea of what that batch is going to do for you and how it compares to your old stuff. Robes08 on youtube who I feel knows a good thing or two about fragrances has touched on this concept quite a few times as have other people I trust. And while I have had people tell me I am wrong about this, I kinda have to trust my nose rather than others opinions. And hell, im not even saying to trust my opinion either. Im simply asking you to experiment with small amount of your fragrance just to see if this helps you. If not its still going to be aventus and there is no harm done. If it does work for you please let me know either in this thread or via pm.
    Agreed. A few of my Creeds have taken some time to bloom (GIT is the main culprit). It's kind of annoying, but I can almost guarantee you after a little while, it'll grow into itself.

Perhaps your right. Perhaps it's too "new". My son came down a short time ago to go out, I thought I could detect a fragrance on him, but wasn't sure so I asked him if he had put anything on. He said he had put the new Aventus on. Usually when he puts Aventus on the scent travels through the WHOLE house, I really enjoy that part. But this time I could barely detect it with this new one. When he left I went up to his room and could not make out any scent at all. To be honest, when I had him smell my hands, he said it smelled the same. But he doesn't smell as critically as I do. I know that this is not the same scent (at the moment). We'll give it time. But if this is nose fatigue as suggested, than why do I still smell the old Aventus clearly on my hand, and nothing on the other? Just disappointed. I really like the smell of Aventus, and as I said, it's very expensive.

Perhaps your right. Perhaps it's too "new". My son came down a short time ago to go out, I thought I could detect a fragrance on him, but wasn't sure so I asked him if he had put anything on. He said he had put the new Aventus on. Usually when he puts Aventus on the scent travels through the WHOLE house, I really enjoy that part. But this time I could barely detect it with this new one. When he left I went up to his room and could not make out any scent at all. To be honest, when I had him smell my hands, he said it smelled the same. But he doesn't smell as critically as I do. I know that this is not the same scent (at the moment). We'll give it time. But if this is nose fatigue as suggested, than why do I still smell the old Aventus clearly on my hand, and nothing on the other? Just disappointed. I really like the smell of Aventus, and as I said, it's very expensive.
    You and your son are evaluating projection and longevity correctly. One person wears it and the other is the "nose". This is how you rule out olfactory fatigue. Most people (including YouTube reviewers) have an issue because they try to "smell themselves". As TMoran has said, I would give it several more wearings and see if a couple other people can pick up the scent on you or your son at different times. Then you will know for sure.
    Daytime
    Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    YSL L'Homme
    Terre d'Hermès Parfum
    L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme

Nighttime
    Dior Homme Intense
    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    Bentley For Men Intense
    Midnight in Paris

'Tis better to buy a great fragrance at a cheap price, than a cheap fragrance at a great price...

Basenotes Plus

When I first received my bottle of 14A01 I thought it was a fake, or turned, because the smell was so weak. I sprayed it a couple more times to check, and wasn't happy. A couple days later I tested it again, and I thought it smelled perfect.

With that being said, there is no logical reason for this to happen. You might attribute it to the difference in the sprayers. The old style sprayer DUMPED the fragrance on you, whereas the smaller sprayer uses far less.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    When I first received my bottle of 14A01 I thought it was a fake, or turned, because the smell was so weak. I sprayed it a couple more times to check, and wasn't happy. A couple days later I tested it again, and I thought it smelled perfect.

With that being said, there is no logical reason for this to happen. You might attribute it to the difference in the sprayers. The old style sprayer DUMPED the fragrance on you, whereas the smaller sprayer uses far less.
    I had a similar experience with my 14A01 bottle.

14a01 and 14d01 are the bomb!

So I just sprayed myself with this new Aventus of batch number LT42C14C01 and I stepped outside into this chilly Canadian afternoon air to catch the aroma on myself...and it was lovely. Today it seems stronger and it smells lovely off the bottle. I smelled my wrist and I actually think this new one is better blended! There is a lovely pineapple off the top and I am enjoying it. I do think that perhaps it just needs time. I also think the new sprayer is much better. I'm not going to worry about batches and just enjoy this new bottle. I collect for my son and am just waiting for my order of Millesime Imperial to arrive. Looking forward to it!

Thank you everyone for your advice!
    Last edited by Zezinha; 7th November 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Just got a d01 batch today. Anyone else have a review on this?

I have 14d01 on left wrist and the legendary 11z01 on right.
    D01 seems to be a tiny bit less ashy and more sweet at the opening, i like this better, but a weaker scent overall. Its been 20min and i already have o-fatigue from both though. It appears the z01 is only stronger in terms of ashyness, the other notes seem to be the same strength as d01.

Im going to spray both on the two sleeves of a shirt of mine and compare in a day. With z01 i'll get 18 hours on my skin. Ill think its gone but ill wake up the next morning and get whiffs of it. Amazing.
    Last edited by dreyth; 9th November 2014 at 02:37 AM.

I'm getting nervous. I went in on the latest Aventus split. Are the batches really that different? Anyone happy with their split they got here on basenotes? I'm hearing some batches suck and some are amazing. That's a lot of money to gamble on hoping to get a "good" batch.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    I'm getting nervous. I went in on the latest Aventus split. Are the batches really that different? Anyone happy with their split they got here on basenotes? I'm hearing some batches suck and some are amazing. That's a lot of money to gamble on hoping to get a "good" batch.
    Honestly I have not smelled a batch that I flat out didnt like. And at split pricing I think most people should be happy. I have my favorite batches but I have yet to smell one that I would be disappointed to have. I guess this depends on the individual. In most cases the big Issue with batches is if it has a strong birch tar note which will give the fragrance a bonfire/smoky quality. I remember when i first got into aventus I really obsessed over getting a fruity batch. Now I appreciate them all and kinda miss that smokiness as the newer batches seem to be more consistent and that note is toned down. As far as the longevity and sillage issues many people talk about? I think its worth noting that many of these claims come from people with limited experience with aventus. And much of it to me is improper application and lofty expectations. The best thing you can do is when it comes dont spray it on your neck. Also with aventus less is more. I would recommend spraying the inside of your elbow area or forearms. Start with 2 sprays. The stuff is potent. Many times what happens is people spray it on their neck, and their nose adjusts to the intense notes and after a couple hours the wearer cant smell it. Limiting sprays and keeping them away from your nose will 1. Increase the lifespan of your split and 2. Ensure you get to enjoy the fragrance without overloading your sense of smell. Also I recommend that even if you love the fragrance, take breaks. Dont wear it every single day morning and night. Even in small amounts if wearing it everyday you may adjust. And if you start to develop issues with longevity give a few days before trying to test it again. If you cant smell it after 2 hours 10 more sprays nothing but money wasted. And if you have the time, read this whole thread. Theres a lot of comedy but also a lot of useful information.
    If you are one of those people who insist on paying full retail......Please check out my for sale thread.

Honestly I have not smelled a batch that I flat out didnt like. And at split pricing I think most people should be happy. I have my favorite batches but I have yet to smell one that I would be disappointed to have. I guess this depends on the individual. In most cases the big Issue with batches is if it has a strong birch tar note which will give the fragrance a bonfire/smoky quality. I remember when i first got into aventus I really obsessed over getting a fruity batch. Now I appreciate them all and kinda miss that smokiness as the newer batches seem to be more consistent and that note is toned down. As far as the longevity and sillage issues many people talk about? I think its worth noting that many of these claims come from people with limited experience with aventus. And much of it to me is improper application and lofty expectations. The best thing you can do is when it comes dont spray it on your neck. Also with aventus less is more. I would recommend spraying the inside of your elbow area or forearms. Start with 2 sprays. The stuff is potent. Many times what happens is people spray it on their neck, and their nose adjusts to the intense notes and after a couple hours the wearer cant smell it. Limiting sprays and keeping them away from your nose will 1. Increase the lifespan of your split and 2. Ensure you get to enjoy the fragrance without overloading your sense of smell. Also I recommend that even if you love the fragrance, take breaks. Dont wear it every single day morning and night. Even in small amounts if wearing it everyday you may adjust. And if you start to develop issues with longevity give a few days before trying to test it again. If you cant smell it after 2 hours 10 more sprays nothing but money wasted. And if you have the time, read this whole thread. Theres a lot of comedy but also a lot of useful information.
    Thanks for your reply! I'll do my research.

Good advice for everyone actually!

Just had the chance to properly sample 14A01 and 14D01 in store.

Wow... What a disappointment. These don't smell anything close to the quality of the 2013 batches I have smelled. 14A01 seems like the better of the two, but it is still inferior to most of the 2013 batches (at least to my nose). The 14D01 was very weak. I asked others to smell these on me and all of my friends reported that 14D01 was barely detectable on the skin an hour after application. 14A01 was better in that regard, but not much. Comparing these to my bottle of 13X01 is depressing. My bottle is MUCH more powerful in longevity, projection, and sillage, and oddly, it somehow smells less synthetic than the 2014 bottles (and yes I know that Aventus normally contains some synthetics, but I seem to be detecting a new one somewhere in the composition that I can't put my finger on). This is not to say that the 2014 bottles smell bad, or are so weak as to require reapplication (except perhaps the 14D01), but it does seem like there has been a decrease in performance and perhaps a very slight decrease in quality. They are definitely weaker overall.

At this point I am wondering if Creed was forced to reformulate or alter one or more of the base ingredients that were responsible for the excellent performance of the Aventus that we all know and love.

Depressing.
    Last edited by NeoXerxes; 14th November 2014 at 04:41 AM.

I have the a42c14d01 of aventus. Is this a good batch? I get pineapple. Not that much smokyness. I sprayed farhenheit on 1 wrist ad aventus on the other. The aventus is over powering the farhenheit.

Only aventus batch I have ever smelled.

I still prefer farhenheit lol

I really have to say that creed suck big times....

I remember my old bottle of S42B11Y02 and some other 2012 batches where it was simply AWESOME! Well.. it was just AVENTUS!
    One little spray and there I got a nice BIG PUNCH of a smokey pineapple. A good balance of fruit AND smoke (like a fire-camp with burning pineapple).
    This stuff has MONSTER silage and projection. And lasted for a good 24h on my skin

Now in 2014 with these A01 and AD01 its simply just fruit, no smoke, no big punch in the beginning. A faded fruity-sour scent that people can't smell after only 4 hours, except if they are very close to you (like hugging you).

There was this little charm in aventus, something special, unique, the nice balanced smoky-pineapple scent that is now hard to find anymore.

Hoping the best in future batches... in 2015 lol
    Last edited by Aztek; 15th November 2014 at 06:55 AM.

I'm getting unsolicited compliments from people passing me or even just being near me 18 hours after applying my 14A01 and my 14D01. That's two sprays on my neck

I've had batches from 10,11,12 and 13. The 14 juice is by far my favorite. Hands down

Anyone tried the 13U01 batch??

Quote Originally Posted by mak90_90 View Post
    Anyone tried the 13U01 batch??
    Steer clear of this one. It's very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Steer clear of this one. It's very weak.
    Thanks! Have you tried 14C01?

I have 14D01, I cant compare it to other batches but my experience with longevity is good.

I sprayed it once at a shirt as test and could smell it 4 days later, on my shirt and in my room. After a time in the room the smell became undetectable, but whenever I re-entered the room, I could smell Aventus again.

This batch causes definitly olfactory fatigue. If I spray near my nose I can't smell it after 15-20 min. So I spray this fragrances on my wrists only.

Basenotes Plus

So after a few months of owning a significant amount of 2013 zz01 I can confim this one to be very well worth the effort of seeking it out. I had not worn aventus in awhile and I took out my flacon I had "spoiling" for a couple months and its some fantastic sfuff. I used 5 sprays as I was going to be outside most of the time. I thought for sure it would be enough to kill my nose but I detected it throughout the day no problem.

I know people are getting sick of my theories but I have yet another. I really think that at least some of the reports of disappearing fragrances can be attributed to what part of aventus people are expecting to smell and when that is gone they think the scent is gone. To my nose aventus is very fruity and slightly smoky in the beginning. Whether you like the fruitier or smokier stuff to me makes no difference because both of these elements dont last forever unless you hit your clothing in which you can prolong the top for a small amount and the mid a little longer than that. But really aventus is more of just a woody scent. I think those top notes are like a knife to the nose and kill your sense of smell and 8 hours later when people compliment you its on that nice woody base you can no longer detect. So IMHO if someone really likes the opening of aventus it may be best to pass on it as if that is what you are expecting to hold on to the rest of the day I dont think its possible.

I got 13Z01 and wow this is a beast! Strong smoke with pineapple in the opening that project for at least 5 hours then slowly turns to a more close-skin smooth creamy-vanilla with still the "smoke" and pineapple in background. Exactly what I was loving from Aventus. Not those fruity batches like 14A01 and 14D01. And gosh it last! I sprayed just one little spray from 2-3 feet away on my arm and the smell was still there 12 hours later. I checked reviews on this forum about 42C13Z01 and I just don't understand why people says that 13Z01 is more fruitier.. Mine is certainly on the smoky side but a very well balanced. Like burning pineapple.

So after a few months of owning a significant amount of 2013 zz01 I can confim this one to be very well worth the effort of seeking it out. I had not worn aventus in awhile and I took out my flacon I had "spoiling" for a couple months and its some fantastic sfuff. I used 5 sprays as I was going to be outside most of the time. I thought for sure it would be enough to kill my nose but I detected it throughout the day no problem.

I know people are getting sick of my theories but I have yet another. I really think that at least some of the reports of disappearing fragrances can be attributed to what part of aventus people are expecting to smell and when that is gone they think the scent is gone. To my nose aventus is very fruity and slightly smoky in the beginning. Whether you like the fruitier or smokier stuff to me makes no difference because both of these elements dont last forever unless you hit your clothing in which you can prolong the top for a small amount and the mid a little longer than that. But really aventus is more of just a woody scent. I think those top notes are like a knife to the nose and kill your sense of smell and 8 hours later when people compliment you its on that nice woody base you can no longer detect. So IMHO if someone really likes the opening of aventus it may be best to pass on it as if that is what you are expecting to hold on to the rest of the day I dont think its possible.
    I might need to get this one for a backup bottle. Do you get more pineapple from this one? A lot of the batches I have tested recently smell significantly more of blackcurrant, bergamot, and apple.

I have the 2014 14A01 batch. I get more of a slightly sour pineapple smell than a sweet pineapple (like the ZZ01 batch of 2013 <3). The biggest mistake I made was thinking that this batch was weak and sprayed around 9 sprays...now my nose, my windpipe and my lungs are all bathing in Aventus, lol.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    I might need to get this one for a backup bottle. Do you get more pineapple from this one? A lot of the batches I have tested recently smell significantly more of blackcurrant, bergamot, and apple.
    To be honest with you I never got much of a pineapple smell in aventus despite all the claims. I remember when i first experienced aventus and wondering where people got pineapple. I got the apple and I gota pine tree like vibe from the first stuff I had and I guess if you mashed the words the right way it would say pine-apple but its never been the actual fruit that I got. I think its worth mentioning that I am not super familiar with individual notes and even less experience with pinapple as a note in fragrances. The only ones I have ever had with that are nautica blue, legend, aventus and I tried joop nightflight. These days I just say "fruity" or "smoky" as thats the only way I know how to describe what i am smelling.

Just for the 14a01 batch, very fruity and strong...great stuff!

To be honest with you I never got much of a pineapple smell in aventus despite all the claims. I remember when i first experienced aventus and wondering where people got pineapple. I got the apple and I gota pine tree like vibe from the first stuff I had and I guess if you mashed the words the right way it would say pine-apple but its never been the actual fruit that I got. I think its worth mentioning that I am not super familiar with individual notes and even less experience with pinapple as a note in fragrances. The only ones I have ever had with that are nautica blue, legend, aventus and I tried joop nightflight. These days I just say "fruity" or "smoky" as thats the only way I know how to describe what i am smelling.
    I can totally see what you mean. Many batches smell like mashed fruits (black currant and apple), which is why I'm always seeking the few that smell distinctly like pineapple.

I have 13U01, and while not the fruitiest of batches, the pineapple is quite distinct. Of course the opening is the gorgeous apple, though that goes away in around half an hour. Afterwards the pineapple is mainly support for the woods and smoke, but it is definitely very distinctive and very pineapple though not dominant at all. After over an hour's worth of drydown, give your wrist a hot wet breath, and the pineapple will bloom quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I have 13U01, and while not the fruitiest of batches, the pineapple is quite distinct. Of course the opening is the gorgeous apple, though that goes away in around half an hour. Afterwards the pineapple is mainly support for the woods and smoke, but it is definitely very distinctive and very pineapple though not dominant at all. After over an hour's worth of drydown, give your wrist a hot wet breath, and the pineapple will bloom quite nicely.
    I am in the middle of using up my 2012 decants, but I have a big bottle of this 13U01 batch.
    Its quite balanced and tart, I get a lot of Black Currant through the mid.
    It has bloomed in the bottle over time with the mid filling out more.
    Stashing this one for a few years.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 11/13
    WANTED: Chanel - Egoiste Cologne Concentree

Tmoran,..Getting Pine and Apple....and getting Pineapple are like you said not exactly the same(fruity is safer)...my 11N01, Comes out with a punch that immediately reminds you of Pineapples..then as it dries down then it comes slowly as "aaah" the burning..pineapple yeeeeah smoky feel..and if you 've overdone it..Burnt pineapples..!.For me I haven't really gotten to picking the blackcurrant thingy people say...yeah..maybe the Bergamot...but on the whole the mix is just beautiful...and I take to opening the top of its box in my bedroom..it then just fills the the room..And being a student..(postgraduate)..my favourite text..has been baptised with Aventus..ensuring that I cannot come near the book without getting frequent whiffs of Aventus...(A lovely Armani I owned once, taught me this trick,..on a trip it sort of leaked, into my books..and for months on end...I enjoyed opening those books)
    My next favourite book..now has GIT in...by the way was complimented wearing GIT today...I also follow the advice on spraying once or twice on the cloth..precisely on the arms..that way...I get to get wafts of the Aroma..all day...Back of the neck too sometimes...So NO nose fatigue.
    Just enjoy it...and remember to have a little left when you re buying next..so you could compare.Am now thinking of The Royal Oud..I haven't seen one though..G'day to you.