Code of Conduct
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Results 4,681 to 4,725 of 4725
  1. #4681

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Done some research after I purchased this particular fragrance(not aventus) and to me I thought it smelled like aventus. I loved it.

    Read some reviews on here and now I see what everyone were saying. So what is this fragrance you ask?

    You guessed it. Insurrection pure ii

    I loved aventus when I first tried it but didn't know if I wanted to cough up 300+ at the time. I may try to get it if it pops up on groupon again(idk if that's the route to go) I'll get it.

    I'll be sure to check which batch I get.

  2. #4682
    Basenotes Junkie Hawky454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    913

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by meeks973 View Post
    Done some research after I purchased this particular fragrance(not aventus) and to me I thought it smelled like aventus. I loved it.

    Read some reviews on here and now I see what everyone were saying. So what is this fragrance you ask?

    You guessed it. Insurrection pure ii

    I loved aventus when I first tried it but didn't know if I wanted to cough up 300+ at the time. I may try to get it if it pops up on groupon again(idk if that's the route to go) I'll get it.

    I'll be sure to check which batch I get.
    Glad Insurrection did it for ya! I wish it would have done it for me but I need the real thing. The more time I spent with the clones the more differences I noticed. You may be able to fool those around you but unfortunately I was not able to fool myself. I feel like I get my money's worth with Aventus though. It's a beast and it lasts until I wash it off.

    IP2 is a pretty decent frag in its own right and if it works for you then wear it well, mon frere.

  3. #4683

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    Sooo, I have some impressions of 15N01, courtesy of sdotlow who was kind enough to send me a sample.

    It opens with a blast of designer aquatics, sheer, light, and oddly transparent. 15N01 isn't weak at the top, rather it is quite strong in a very chemical way. Where 2014 batches (as compared to the previous) might be described as "Aventus Sport" due to their freshness and lack of smokey depth, 15N01 can be better described as "Aventus di Gio". When I compare this to an aquatic, I'm not exaggerating. It smells as if it has been reformulated significantly (again) and introduced additional notes that are common to aquatics.

    There is definitely something different about this batch that is too significant (in my opinion) to attribute to batch variation. It smells like another reformulation, and one that is even mode badly done in my opinion. I would not even pay discounter prices for this batch.

    Overall, I'm not a fan. This smells like another outright reformulation. I'd advise members to avoid the new 2015 batches at all costs since the 2014 batches (though certainly inferior to 2013, in my opinion) are better in every way. The new stuff would fit in very well at Macy's, so it seems that we are entering a new era of "Aventus di Gio" - depressing.
    Wow.

    Thanks for your impressions of 15N01. This really doesn't sound promising. I already have a nearly full bottle of 14K01 and a full bottle of 14L01. I'm thinking I should seek out another bottle of one of these two, or maybe 14M01, before Aventus becomes completely unrecognizable.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave here.

  4. #4684
    How much a dollar cost
    sdotlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by dav-here View Post
    Wow.

    Thanks for your impressions of 15N01. This really doesn't sound promising. I already have a nearly full bottle of 14K01 and a full bottle of 14L01. I'm thinking I should seek out another bottle of one of these two, or maybe 14M01, before Aventus becomes completely unrecognizable.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm hunting a flacon to sit on of some 14xxx juice (G/K/M/L). I'll be done with Aventus purchasing when I do.
    UPDATE 5/5 - SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread Bond Scent of Peace for Him! AVENTUS 15N01! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

  5. #4685

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by dav-here View Post
    Wow.

    Thanks for your impressions of 15N01. This really doesn't sound promising. I already have a nearly full bottle of 14K01 and a full bottle of 14L01. I'm thinking I should seek out another bottle of one of these two, or maybe 14M01, before Aventus becomes completely unrecognizable.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    id be intrested to know if you can tell the difference between k01 and L01 and which lasts longest :-)

  6. #4686

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Is there only 1 batch from 2015 so far? Only batch 15N01? Did someone spot (and use) another batch of 2015?

  7. #4687

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I know that aventus is NOT reformulated but I was curious about creed's answer so I asked them if aventus was reformulated because it was not like it was before since the 2014 batches and that the IFRA maybe made them reformulate it and here's what they said :

    Dear Mr. Wilson,

    Thank you for writing to us. The International Fragrance Association (IFRA) can cause many problems to some perfume houses like you mentioned in your message but we can confirm you that we have not reformulated Aventus. We want our customers to be happy and we will never hesitate to let you know when a fragrance is reformulated or not. Our customer service specialists will always be there to answer your questions about our fragrances, concerning reformulations or not. Back to Aventus, because Creed fragrances are handmade using natural raw ingredients and very traditional methods, fragrance connoisseurs may notice some slight variations between batches only attesting further to the handmade process of The House of Creed. In addition, there are many factors that could affect the way the fragrance smells including climate change and harvest variation.
    So..

  8. #4688

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by cossers View Post
    id be intrested to know if you can tell the difference between k01 and L01 and which lasts longest :-)
    I've had K01 since late February, and L01 for about a week. The opening of K01 is more on the brighter, "fruitier" side, whereas L01 is slightly "darker" from start to finish. L01 comes closer to replicating the birch note from previous batches.

    Longevity, so far, has been almost equal. 10+ hours for either one. Of course, I haven't had L01 as long as K01, so further testing would be necessary.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave here.

  9. #4689

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztek View Post
    I know that aventus is NOT reformulated but I was curious about creed's answer so I asked them if aventus was reformulated because it was not like it was before since the 2014 batches and that the IFRA maybe made them reformulate it and here's what they said :



    So..
    I guess they got a bad batch of Royal pineapple for the 15N01s, then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave here.

  10. #4690
    How much a dollar cost
    sdotlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by dav-here View Post
    I guess they got a bad batch of Royal pineapple for the 15N01s, then.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or they're safe behind linguistic gymnastics. I would imagine completely removing X/Y/Z notes and ramping up other existing notes wouldn't qualify as a reformulation, since there's nothing new being introduced. I could be wrong, but this seems like a possible scenario.

    I don't know. 15N01 is....shocking. I'm curious where everyone else is that purchased one? I'd imagined we'd have numerous people posting their thoughts by now.
    UPDATE 5/5 - SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread Bond Scent of Peace for Him! AVENTUS 15N01! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

  11. #4691

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Well, even if they remove "x/y/z" notes and ramping up the other ones without adding something else, its still a "reformulation" because the "original formule" have changed since its not supposed to be "less of x and more of y" for example. But then again, from what they said nothing have changed.

    About the 15N01, in another message they were like "15N01 are you sure where you got that" so maybe the 15N01 is not authentic thats why it smell so out? I remember last month they said the 2015 batches would be starting to get out at around mid-may... so the ones that already have the 2015 batch is a bit suspicious no?

  12. #4692

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Aventus is fat cow for Creed and hopefully they will not allow to this cow lose its weight, so we might believe that Aventus DNA will be back in next batches

  13. #4693

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    I don't know. 15N01 is....shocking. I'm curious where everyone else is that purchased one? I'd imagined we'd have numerous people posting their thoughts by now.
    You probably scared everybody off from buying this, sdotlow. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave here.

  14. #4694
    How much a dollar cost
    sdotlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by dav-here View Post
    You probably scared everybody off from buying this, sdotlow. Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope, I'm pretty sure a lot of people ordered it. I believe they got theirs overseas, so it can take a few weeks to arrive.

    I trust Neo's nose, and he smelled exactly what I did.

    How does one explain the non-existance of the birch and smoke from 2014? It's continued in the 2015 batch, except it has this generic aquatic note now. It literally smells like something off of a Macy's counter.

    And as for authenticity, that's just silly. I have the photos up on my sale thread. I can tell a fake Creed/Aventus pretty easily, as can most around here. It's authentic.
    UPDATE 5/5 - SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread Bond Scent of Peace for Him! AVENTUS 15N01! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

  15. #4695

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Honestly in my opinion it's not that bad at all (15N01), although i do agree that it is on a fruitier side. In direct comparison to 14L01 (which i also have) it is a bit more smooth, mellow, pineapple is a bit more apparent, especially in the first 30 minutes, dry down is very similar to my nose between these 2 batches... I had it on for the last few days and each day i had one compliment (15N01) in the first 2-3 hours. Longevity on my skin is not great, but just about the same as my 14L01 (4-6 hours outside), inside the house i can smell it up to 8 hours. Few nights ago after the shower and just before i went to sleep i sprayed my left wrist with 15N01 and my right wrist with 14L01, next morning when i woke up both were still present, but close to skin... So i would not throw it away or get rid of it. 14L01 batch is heavier in the blackcurrant and that's about it for me, does't last any longer than my 15N01 on my skin. I got mine from France, someone just asked .

  16. #4696

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by k-karp View Post
    Honestly in my opinion it's not that bad at all (15N01), although i do agree that it is on a fruitier side. In direct comparison to 14L01 (which i also have) it is a bit more smooth, mellow, pineapple is a bit more apparent, especially in the first 30 minutes, dry down is very similar to my nose between these 2 batches... I had it on for the last few days and each day i had one compliment (15N01) in the first 2-3 hours. Longevity on my skin is not great, but just about the same as my 14L01 (4-6 hours outside), inside the house i can smell it up to 8 hours. Few nights ago after the shower and just before i went to sleep i sprayed my left wrist with 15N01 and my right wrist with 14L01, next morning when i woke up both were still present, but close to skin... So i would not throw it away or get rid of it. 14L01 batch is heavier in the blackcurrant and that's about it for me, does't last any longer than my 15N01 on my skin. I got mine from France, someone just asked .
    First of all, welcome to Basenotes! Glad to have you on the forum and thread .

    Second, the main issue I have with 15N01 is that it smells VERY different from previous batches of Aventus, so much so that it smells like a graduated reformulation (as if Aventus was reformulated with the early 2014 batches, then again in 2015). I can see how some might prefer 15N01 to the older stuff, but I certainly don't. It is much more transparent, designer-smelling, and has a strange aquatic vibe to it. Not a fan.

    I don't believe for a moment that this was not the result of a reformulation. I have smelled quite a few batches and this one stands out as markedly different. The comments I have received describing this batch say it all. Plus I find its performance lacking compared to previous batches, in a significant way.

  17. #4697

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Thank you for the welcome , and hello to all. I have much to learn from you guys here, as i am new to the forum and creed line . As for my earlier post I am no expert, and i've only tried K,L,M,N batches so far and still absorbing everything you guys share with us newcomers. It is very appreciated. Also i am interested to see once other people receive the N01 batch, how they feel about it, as tastes can be different. All in all i do not dislike the 15N01, and its more to my taste than the L-M batch . Although i want to try some older stuff, hopefully i'll be able to track some sometimes

  18. #4698

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    And as for authenticity, that's just silly. I have the photos up on my sale thread. I can tell a fake Creed/Aventus pretty easily, as can most around here. It's authentic.
    Looking at your photos on the box, the batch is LT4215N01. Theere is supposed to be a letter (B or C) after the aventus code (42) so it should be LT42B15N01 for example. Like LT42B13T01. Thats strange. Did you noticed that? Maybe I'm wrong but there is ALWAYS the letter after 42.

  19. #4699

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by k-karp View Post
    Thank you for the welcome , and hello to all. I have much to learn from you guys here, as i am new to the forum and creed line . As for my earlier post I am no expert, and i've only tried K,L,M,N batches so far and still absorbing everything you guys share with us newcomers. It is very appreciated. Also i am interested to see once other people receive the N01 batch, how they feel about it, as tastes can be different. All in all i do not dislike the 15N01, and its more to my taste than the L-M batch . Although i want to try some older stuff, hopefully i'll be able to track some sometimes
    If you can get ahold of some, try a good batch of 2013 (13X01, 13W01, etc.) and compare with the newer batches. You should instantly recognize what I mean by a graduated reformulation. Still, if you enjoy the newer stuff, I'm happy for you! I just can't enjoy it because I like the older stuff so much better.

  20. #4700
    How much a dollar cost
    sdotlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztek View Post
    Looking at your photos on the box, the batch is LT4215N01. Theere is supposed to be a letter (B or C) after the aventus code (42) so it should be LT42B15N01 for example. Like LT42B13T01. Thats strange. Did you noticed that? Maybe I'm wrong but there is ALWAYS the letter after 42.
    It's from an authorized retailer. I would imagine everyone else with a 15N01 has the same exact batch code.
    UPDATE 5/5 - SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread Bond Scent of Peace for Him! AVENTUS 15N01! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

  21. #4701

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Thats weird. When I have a chance I will ask my friend to check this out!

  22. #4702

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    It's from an authorized retailer. I would imagine everyone else with a 15N01 has the same exact batch code.
    My 15N01 has the exact same batch code as yours. No letter after the 42.

  23. #4703
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Any different between 14G01 AND 14K01, which you guy prefer and why? thanks

  24. #4704

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by MACH01 View Post
    Any different between 14G01 AND 14K01, which you guy prefer and why? thanks
    I find 14G01 to be more pleasant because it is stronger on the pineapple. 14G01 is my favorite from 2014, followed by 14K01.

  25. #4705
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    I find 14G01 to be more pleasant because it is stronger on the pineapple. 14G01 is my favorite from 2014, followed by 14K01.
    I already had 14k01. I'm looking for another bottle (prefer 13xxx) but i can't find any, should i put the trigger on 14G01 or wait
    thanks
    Last edited by MACH01; Today at 01:13 AM.

  26. #4706

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by MACH01 View Post
    I already had 14k01. I'm looking for another bottle (prefer 13xxx) but i can't find any, should put the trigger on 14G01 or wait
    thanks
    It's very difficult to find pre-2014 batches - I couldn't find any more myself. 14G01 is a good batch and one of the best from 2014 in my opinion. Incidentally, if anyone knows of an official retailer in Europe that has this batch, I'd love to know about it.

  27. #4707

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I received LT42C14M01 seems more fruity than the bottle I've got from lily direct, I like it better, also lasts twice as longer, sprayed it before 9 hours and its still projecting

  28. #4708

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    I trust Neo's nose, and he smelled exactly what I did.
    I trust both of your noses, and that's good enough for me. 🏽



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave here.

  29. #4709

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I have an circa 95% full bottle of 14K01 (120ml). But if I plan to buy a backup bottle. Which batch do you all recommend? I want less smoke and lots of pineapple. Smell the pineapple and occasionally a smoky breeze.

    13ZZ01/13Z01?
    14A01/14M01/14L01 or another?

  30. #4710

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NormalUser View Post
    I have an circa 95% full bottle of 14K01 (120ml). But if I plan to buy a backup bottle. Which batch do you all recommend? I want less smoke and lots of pineapple. Smell the pineapple and occasionally a smoky breeze.

    13ZZ01/13Z01?
    14A01/14M01/14L01 or another?
    If you want less smoke but still with the trademark Aventus background, 13ZZ01 (least smoky from 2013). If you want a 2014 batch that is very fruity and only approximates the smell of smoke, 14M01 is the best from those three 2014 batches in my estimation.

    I'd go for 13Z01 personally, but that's because I really enjoy the smoke in the background. If I wanted a fruity batch, I'd go for 13ZZ01 since I prefer it to the 2014 batches.

  31. #4711
    Basenotes Junkie ILikePeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NormalUser View Post
    I have an circa 95% full bottle of 14K01 (120ml). But if I plan to buy a backup bottle. Which batch do you all recommend? I want less smoke and lots of pineapple. Smell the pineapple and occasionally a smoky breeze.

    13ZZ01/13Z01?
    14A01/14M01/14L01 or another?
    So.. you have a 2014 batch and you want one with 'less' smoke?...

    2014... smoke... error! Error!



    Jk or w/e. But really, how much 'smoke' do y'all think the 2014's even seem to have (if applicable)?
    (Formerly Jouho)

  32. #4712

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    As I explained in a previous post, I really don't find the 2014 batches to have any smoke at all. There is something that attempts to approximate birch smoke, but it doesn't have that same "billowing smoke" sort of effect.

    It's simply not the same thing for some people (like me) who have tried 2013 batches and before.

  33. #4713
    cadenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Eastern Seaboard
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    How in the world can you predetermine which batch you're gonna receive? Who lets you pick and choose?
    My Warm Weather Lineup: Xeroff Nio, L'humaniste, Jardin d' Amalfi, Pure White Cologne, Bergamot 22, Jubilation XXV, CHAMBRE NOIRE, Chanel Edition Blanche, CH MEN, Scent Of Peace, DHS, AVENTUS, GIT, VIW, MI

  34. #4714

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a bottle of the 14f01 batch, can someone please describe it for me?

    I understand there's little to no birch in the 2014 batches, but does it last and project well?

    Thanks :-)

  35. #4715
    Dependent Poohdini's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchbrit View Post
    I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a bottle of the 14f01 batch, can someone please describe it for me?

    I understand there's little to no birch in the 2014 batches, but does it last and project well?

    Thanks :-)
    It's a good batch for 2014, I like it a lot. It gives me Olfactory fatigue after about 4 hours, but other people can smell it on me all day.

  36. #4716
    Super Member Paul H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    296

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I wore my 14L01 today which I purchased from the Creed Boutique here in Seoul and went with like 7 sprays thinking this one wasn't projecting, but it was projecting for hours and hours and hours like the Energizer Bunny. First time this has happened to me. Could it be because I used it as a deodorant and went with two shots to the hair in addition to the normal 4 sprays that I usually go with? Learned not to underestimate the potency of this batch. It felt like I was reliving my prom from high school, got some nasty looks. Olfactory fatigue. How are the 15's?
    Last edited by Paul H; Today at 10:58 AM.

  37. #4717

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    OMG I never apply more than 2 full spays of Aventus, even for outdoor. For 14L01 which is strong batch, people must smell you from 5 meters or more, LOL As somebody said here, less is more with Aventus, BTW I do not get olfactory fatigue with 14L01

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    I wore my 14L01 today which I purchased from the Creed Boutique here in Seoul and went with like 7 sprays thinking this one wasn't projecting, but it was projecting for hours and hours and hours like the Energizer Bunny. First time this has happened to me. Could it be because I used it as a deodorant and went with two shots to the hair in addition to the normal 4 sprays that I usually go with? Learned not to underestimate the potency of this batch. It felt like I was reliving my prom from high school, got some nasty looks. Olfactory fatigue. How are the 15's?
    Last edited by Gonza; Today at 11:35 AM.

  38. #4718
    Super Member Paul H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    296

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonza View Post
    OMG I never apply more than 2 full spays of Aventus, even for outdoor. For 14L01 which is strong batch, people must smell you from 5 meters or more, LOL As somebody said here, less is more with Aventus, BTW I do not get olfactory fatigue with 14L01
    Yeah, someone in a previous thread suggested this to me so I said, "Let's see how it goes...
    " And I learned this the hard way. Live and learn. I usually go with 4 sprays but will chalk up today's experience as just that, an experience. P.S. I am still getting wafts of it after my shower to boot.
    Last edited by Paul H; Today at 11:44 AM.

  39. #4719
    How much a dollar cost
    sdotlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by cadenz View Post
    How in the world can you predetermine which batch you're gonna receive? Who lets you pick and choose?
    You're careful about where you purchase and/or you develop relationships with the SA. I have a friend of a friend that works at a department store and lets me know what they have, and when they have it, and provides me with a discount depending on what I purchase.

    A number of online places can provide you with batch numbers if you take the time to inquire. Most discounters won't, but a couple will. Beautyencounter and peraroma.com will if you ask. Essenza-Nobile will if you ask. If you go in to a department store, they'll usually look through their stock, or let you. Calling in to a department store is far less likely to be productive unless you have a relationship with the individual, or at least that's been my experience.
    UPDATE 5/5 - SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread Bond Scent of Peace for Him! AVENTUS 15N01! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

  40. #4720

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by dutchbrit View Post
    I'm about to pull the trigger and buy a bottle of the 14f01 batch, can someone please describe it for me?

    I understand there's little to no birch in the 2014 batches, but does it last and project well?

    Thanks :-)
    It lasts and projects well, but it gives me olfactory fatigue after an hour or so, which is disappointing.

  41. #4721

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I just picked up a bottle of 13U01. From what I've read this is a good smokey batch. Should compliment my 14A01 nicely.

  42. #4722

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    It's very difficult to find pre-2014 batches - I couldn't find any more myself. 14G01 is a good batch and one of the best from 2014 in my opinion. Incidentally, if anyone knows of an official retailer in Europe that has this batch, I'd love to know about it.
    The small shop nearby where I live has a 14G01 batch and two 13ZZ01 batches, all in 75ml. I went to the shop after work because i had ordered a 120ml flacon couple days ago, but after having read carefully the last pages of this thread, i came to the conclusion that i will end up with a 2015 batch, so i went to the shop to cancel the order, since apparently 2015 is to avoid.

    So now here's the deal, there are 3 bottles left in the shop, one 14G01 and two 13ZZ01, I already have one 13Z01, and one 14D01. 13Z01 is outstanding, perfect balance between smoke, blackcurrant and pineapple. 14D01 is more fresh/citrusy. I think I read somewhere on this thread that 13ZZ01 smells the same as 13Z01? any input on how those two compare? I'm ready to buy the two 13ZZ01 to back up, because I really like 13Z01, but I'm not sure about the smell. How about 14G01 compare with 14D01 then, same fresh/citrusy vibe? Thanks in advance

  43. #4723
    How much a dollar cost
    sdotlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,653

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    I'd love another bottle of 13ZZ01, and I'd take almost anything from 2013 over 2014/2015 batches.
    UPDATE 5/5 - SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread Bond Scent of Peace for Him! AVENTUS 15N01! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

  44. #4724

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by sdotlow View Post
    I'd love another bottle of 13ZZ01, and I'd take almost anything from 2013 over 2014/2015 batches.
    Yea from what i've read so far, 2013 seems to be a good year. Indeed my 13Z01 is really nice. Thanks for your input on the new 2015 batches by the way. I think I know what happened, one very important part of Aventus was oakmoss...
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FC0EB20140707

    "Perfume creators say they love oak moss for its woody, earthy notes which give it depth and help make scent last longer. But on the grounds that between one and three percent of the EU population could suffer an allergic reaction - such as dermatitis - Brussels is banning two of its core molecules, atranol and chloroatranol.

    Perfume makers will only be allowed to use oak moss from which these two molecules have been removed. The makers say this results in a much lighter and less vigorous scent."

  45. #4725

    Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by OneTimeOnePlace View Post
    The small shop nearby where I live has a 14G01 batch and two 13ZZ01 batches, all in 75ml. I went to the shop after work because i had ordered a 120ml flacon couple days ago, but after having read carefully the last pages of this thread, i came to the conclusion that i will end up with a 2015 batch, so i went to the shop to cancel the order, since apparently 2015 is to avoid.

    So now here's the deal, there are 3 bottles left in the shop, one 14G01 and two 13ZZ01, I already have one 13Z01, and one 14D01. 13Z01 is outstanding, perfect balance between smoke, blackcurrant and pineapple. 14D01 is more fresh/citrusy. I think I read somewhere on this thread that 13ZZ01 smells the same as 13Z01? any input on how those two compare? I'm ready to buy the two 13ZZ01 to back up, because I really like 13Z01, but I'm not sure about the smell. How about 14G01 compare with 14D01 then, same fresh/citrusy vibe? Thanks in advance
    13ZZ01 is NOT the same as 13Z01. 13Z01 has more fruit and is more fresh, with less smoke. Given your scenario, if you can buy two bottles, I'd buy one 13ZZ01 and the 14G01. 13ZZ01 has more of the Aventus DNA that I love (which started to trickle out with the 2014 batches), but 14G01 is my favorite from 2014. 14G01 is more pineapple than 14D01, which is good for me since I prefer the pineapple to the citrus/blackcurrant. It is a fresh pineapple though, unlike the 2013 batches which have more of a heavy backbone of smoke.

Similar Threads

  1. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By mac in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 7th April 2013, 03:44 AM
  2. Patou PH owners - how to tell if its gone off?
    By smellyliquid in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 06:55 AM
  3. Geir owners, I have a question
    By flee in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11th April 2006, 03:09 AM
  4. Le Male owners - have you got a min......
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000