Code of Conduct
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Results 2,821 to 2,846 of 2846

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Interesting! I'm going to try to look at it from another angle:

My question is: do you use fewer sprays with the X02 than a regular Aventus? If you use one spray of X02 vs. 3 sprays of ordinary Aventus to get the same effect that would be about equal (3 * $350 = ~$1000). In that case, you would go through 3 bottles before you finished the X02, and that is without taking the quality of the fragrance into account.
    1 spray lasts all day on me.

Other batches I've tried... Not so much.

I've asked others if they can smell anything about 10 hrs into it and they can't so it's not olfactory fatigue in my part.

This stuff kicks all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheredjaredgo View Post
    I can almost guarantee you that you probably won't get a better offer than that for a used 4oz bottle.
    X02 is way overrated and so is Z01. My favorite batches were the first ones from 2010.

I've seen an 10E01 on eBay recently.

That's supposed to be the first one right?

I dunno if that's the first one or just one of the first but I own a 4oz of that one and it is so good! The 2010 k batches kinda sucked k01 was decent but k02 kinda sucky and k03 just sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    I wish I had a flacon lol. It's a 4 oz retail bottle with around 80% remaining.

The difference is in the opening.

I've had multiple bottles of Z01 and a few other batches to try. 13R01 being the best since 11Z01.

But where the X02 differentiates is the initial spray. It's a luscious dark pineapple right out of the sprayer.

That top note goes absolutely nowhere through its different stages which is why I think it's been the most sought after. The dark, juicy, pineapple pairs with the vanilla and leather in the mid and then with the white smoke in the base.

The Z01 right off the bat is a bright and loud pineapple and eventually goes away when the fragrance dies and there really isn't much note transition.

If any of you are the bidders, PM me!
    If it was me, I don't even know if I'd even try to go for a listing such as that. I don't trust people, and there's scammers out there. They can try to claim it arrived broken or something. I record video during the packing process for eBay sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Interesting! I'm going to try to look at it from another angle:

My question is: do you use fewer sprays with the X02 than a regular Aventus? If you use one spray of X02 vs. 3 sprays of ordinary Aventus to get the same effect that would be about equal (3 * $350 = ~$1000). In that case, you would go through 3 bottles before you finished the X02, and that is without taking the quality of the fragrance into account.
    With $1000, you can maybe get FOUR 4oz bottles from a discounter such as FragranceNet or something, .

Then again, if the total ends up being $1,000 (+$31.65) = $1,031.65.

Now, say eBay wants 10% later on, and PayPal 2.9% + $0.30. $1,031.65 - 12.9% - $0.30 = Then that's probably $898.26 or $898.27. If there was an insertion fee, then maybe take off a little more too. Then take into account the shipping cost (insurance?). Well then, maybe it'd be more likely for 3 (three) discounted Aventus 4ozs with some money leftover. I've never sold any item in the 4 digit range on eBay, and I've read about eBay having a different fee % amount - I'm not sure what qualifies for the differentiation of fee percentage(s).
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 23rd January 2015 at 02:21 PM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

I was given 14G01 for Christmas and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Any thoughts about batch : LT42C14F01 ?

14K01 is what I just received and it isn't very good. Some other batches I've had last all day long and project very well, but with this batch it doesn't last as long and barely projects.

Are there more guys who has info about the s42c14k01 batch? Is it good or a bad batch?

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    You are quite wrong.

As someone who has smelled 100% fruity batches, 100% ashy batches and the legendary X02 and Z01 batches first hand, I can confidently say your statement is FALSE.

This new crazed batch ZZ01 is a far cry from the 11Z01 in terms of longevity and balance.

11x02 is still the king.

I second this. I still have two bottles of 11X02 and it's far superior to others.

Quote Originally Posted by ruud030 View Post
    Are there more guys who has info about the s42c14k01 batch? Is it good or a bad batch?
    I have this exact batch, it is a let down in my opinion.

The other batches I've had in the past were much better in terms of both longivity and sillage.

Don't get me wrong: it's still good, but when you've tried the other batches I've had then you would expect more.
    Last edited by jryans10; 26th January 2015 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jryans10 View Post

The other batches I've had in the past were much better in terms of both longivity and sillage.

Don't get me wrong: it's still good, but when you've tried the other batches I've had then you would expect more.
    I am wating for your comments about C42C14H01 (BillyD'split) ppl are pretty happy with that :=)

Quote Originally Posted by olcun View Post
    I am wating for your comments about C42C14H01 (BillyD'split) ppl are pretty happy with that :=)
    Yes still waiting for this to be delivered but I had a similar batch from C13 and I was very impressed with that one .

Is 14k01 verry weak? How long does it project? And how is the longevity?

Thnx

(Formerly Jouho)

Quote Originally Posted by ruud030 View Post
    Is 14k01 verry weak? How long does it project? And how is the longevity?

Thnx
    It's not very weak, but when I compare it to the other batches I have had it is weak. Longevity I would say about 5-6 hours on my skin so it is decent, but projection to me is no where near what I had from other batches before. The first couple of hours is decent, but after that I really have to put my nose right up to my wrist to smell it.

Before I used to be able to smell it just by turning my head, but I can't even get that at all with this batch even when I spray more.

The good batch I refer to is C42B13R01. Absolutely a ton of compliments every single time I wore Aventus with this batch.

I knew there were going to be batch variations - but I didn't realize by this much.

It's not very weak, but when I compare it to the other batches I have had it is weak. Longevity I would say about 5-6 hours on my skin so it is decent, but projection to me is no where near what I had from other batches before. The first couple of hours is decent, but after that I really have to put my nose right up to my wrist to smell it.

Before I used to be able to smell it just by turning my head, but I can't even get that at all with this batch even when I spray more.

The good batch I refer to is C42B13R01. Absolutely a ton of compliments every single time I wore Aventus with this batch.

I knew there were going to be batch variations - but I didn't realize by this much.

Give it a month or so, I'm sure it will be fine 👍

My 14G01 was questionable at first, then suddenly, longevity and projection were incredible. Granted, I applied one extra small spray than a few weeks prior but the results were so far removed (it was assaulting co-workers eight feet away six hours after application and leaving a trail even longer 😳 )

Equally, I'm sure the subtleties and the smoke will reveal themselves too, with time, and probably more so as the dominant fruit weakens in the bottle. I have an empty old bottle of Aventus that smells incredibly smokey. Before it ran out, it was fruit and smoke, though steadily more smokey with time. I think Creed is to be applauded for producing such a powerful, fresh and lasting pineapple note with these 2014 batches and unless you really dislike that, perhaps we should make the most of it and enjoy it while it lasts!

As someone else on here has said, there is a pattern - most complaints come from newly acquired bottles. I really do believe the extent of batch variations is blown out of proportion. People are paranoid (and understandably so) because of the amount of money they have parted with to own a bottle of this fragrance but I really don't think we need to worry about longevity or projection when it comes to Aventus. It will come, just give it a little time.

Quote Originally Posted by broguesforsir View Post
    Give it a month or so, I'm sure it will be fine 

My 14G01 was questionable at first, then suddenly, longevity and projection were incredible. Granted, I applied one extra small spray than a few weeks prior but the results were so far removed (it was assaulting co-workers eight feet away six hours after application and leaving a trail even longer  )

Equally, I'm sure the subtleties and the smoke will reveal themselves too, with time, and probably more so as the dominant fruit weakens in the bottle. I have an empty old bottle of Aventus that smells incredibly smokey. Before it ran out, it was fruit and smoke, though steadily more smokey with time. I think Creed is to be applauded for producing such a powerful, fresh and lasting pineapple note with these 2014 batches and unless you really dislike that, perhaps we should make the most of it and enjoy it while it lasts!

As someone else on here has said, there is a pattern - most complaints come from newly acquired bottles. I really do believe the extent of batch variations is blown out of proportion. People are paranoid (and understandably so) because of the amount of money they have parted with to own a bottle of this fragrance but I really don't think we need to worry about longevity or projection when it comes to Aventus. It will come, just give it a little time.
    Thanks that is re-assuring I think I'll follow your advice and just leave it for a month and see if it improves.

Thanks that is re-assuring I think I'll follow your advice and just leave it for a month and see if it improves.
    No worries. Forgot to mention, when co-workers picked up on it, I was surprised. I could detect what I thought was a slight improvement in strength but I really didn't think it would be projecting with such ferocity. But here's the thing, it was only when I mentioned the fragrance that they told me I was effectively filling the office. I will spray a little less next time and see how that goes.

Basenotes Member

I can buy lots LT42C14A01 and LT42C14C01 in a discount store, but I can not test them. Has anyone had experience with these two lots ?.
    I would buy the more fruity and with more longevity.

I bought batch 14k01 today in the shop. I tought fckit i try a bottle. I think its really good for a fresh bottle, smells fresh pineappel and some smoke/leather in the background. I have just one spray to my neck and it is still strong after 9 hours, my girl says she can smell it 2 meters away from me. I smell it to after 9 hours, im verry happy with this bottle and it will even get stronger after time. I have smelled older batches with more smoke but i like this more it has a verry pineappel leathery scent. This is a good batch for sure

I've been working on a fragrance similar to Aventus for a while now. If anyone would like a free sample (UK only please) drop me a PM

Basenotes Member

Today I went to the store, a person bought the Lot LT42C14C01, I could try it in hand, I was impressed by this smell so fresh, no smell of pineapple, smelled bergamot, blackcurrant, fruity, slightly bitter, no smoke. I own a full bottle of A42B11Z01 as soon as I got home the other hand spatter spray to compare the two. Z01 comes out strong smell of pineapple, a little sweet, with some smoke in the background, but stresses the pineapple. The sillage is similar in both, the longevity will review in the coming hours.
    It has come a new batch to the store, now I have to decide between LT42C14A01, LT42C14C01 and S42C14K01.
    Any idea how these odors compare?

Hi smokey is the C01 compared to the Z01? I smelled the c01 before and I think it was nice..what are your observations so far!

Basenotes Member

C01 still smells fresh, a little bitter, does not smell like smoke. Z01 projected more odor, slightly braised pineapple. Z01 is more intense than C01.
    The two scents are slightly different, but they are more similar to each other batch that I've had.
    Also I have 4 ounces of Lot. A42C12F01, detect smoke and pineapple alike, is a different creature.
    Last edited by miguelan75; Yesterday at 12:09 AM.

I never really bought in to batch variations until now. Back in early December I purchased a 75ML bottle of batch 14D01 and its very fruity in the opening but is dominated more by the wood/musk/vanilla combo in my opinion. It has literally no smoke (I really think Neo might be right about the birch being removed completely). I just purchased a backup bottle and it was recommended to me that I try any batch prior to 2014 so I picked up a 2013 120 ML bottle of 13T01. All I can say is wow. They both smell like "aventus" but the 2013 batch smells deeper, richer, more complex, also a little more "dirty" if you will, because it has the birch note and its quite obvious. Now, after 5-6 hours, the birch fades and they smell EXACTLY the same. Its only for the first 4-5 hours that they smell different.

Now i'm not complaining about the variation, in fact, I like both equally. I feel like my 2014 bottle would be better for the daytime, and the 2013 one better for the nighttime.
    Just my .02

Did anyone try batch C42C14H01 ?
    Last edited by sting1; Yesterday at 05:40 PM.