Code of Conduct
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Results 2,641 to 2,657 of 2657
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerboy View Post
    The seller told me that his customers have termed it as being more smokier...so I have my fingers crossed now. Hopefully, it'll end up being well balanced if not more fruitier.
    That sounds like you may have got it from Adam at peraroma he also sells via perfumes4us on ebay. First he called the 14A01 spicy then smoky. Its neither. 14A01 is a fruity batch. The only people who may be able to detect the ashy vibe in it are those with no experience with a truly smoky batch.

What are the differences between batches / LOTs numbers :

LT42C14A01
    LT42C14C01
    A42C14D01
    A42B13W01
    Last edited by sting1; 18th October 2014 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sting1 View Post
    What are the differences between batches / LOTs numbers :
    LT42C14C01
    This is the batch code I'm interested in learning about

So I bought a batch 14A01 Creed Aventus 4oz tester bottle from a highly rated seller on eBay for $175. I, however, question its authenticity...hoping you guys can help me figure it out! Here are some pictures of the bottle;

IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    There are air bubbles on the black sticker that goes around the bottle. That's what concerns me more!
    IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg

The scent itself smells weaker in comparison to my ZZ01 batch decant (which is super fruity!) and is somewhat fruity with very minimal smokiness. What do you guys think??

Looks 100% fine to me. One of my bottles also has 'Certi+' on the back.

If it was fake it would be incredibly evident at first smell... like weak pineapple water.

I'm just bummed at the fact that the black sticker around bottle has air bubbles in it. Man! Creed is a cheapo! ��

Also, shouldn't there be Creed logo carved on the sprayer head?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    That sounds like you may have got it from Adam at peraroma he also sells via perfumes4us on ebay. First he called the 14A01 spicy then smoky. Its neither. 14A01 is a fruity batch. The only people who may be able to detect the ashy vibe in it are those with no experience with a truly smoky batch.
    You're right! That's the guy I bought mine from! I'm quasi-convinced the bottle I received is legit...just a few doubts linger in my head due to the differences I find between other Aventus bottle images on the Internet and mine.

You're right! That's the guy I bought mine from! I'm quasi-convinced the bottle I received is legit...just a few doubts linger in my head due to the differences I find between other Aventus bottle images on the Internet and mine.
    Your bottle is legit.. the pics online are probably the older style bottle. Creed recently changed the sprayer (made it shorter). And theres no longer a bb in the straw. Relax its legit ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tmoran View Post
    Haha, you know every batch out there. You must be an insider at creed

Anyway, it seems to me that almost every new batch thats spoken of now, is fruity and non smokey. Does anyone tested a late 13 or 14 batch thats smokey at all?

Actually, i had a test with some friends of mine, where i sprayed my new 13z01 on my left wrist, and the 12something on my other. And as you know, most ppl thats not into perfumes, usually cant tell any scent apart.

So they did not notice any difference right after i sprayed it on, but after one hour, they smelled it again, and everyone could tell the difference. 13z01 was still crispy and fruits only, and the 12something only got ash left by then.

So thats proof enough for me.

But I'm excited to hear more about the 2014 scents now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Your bottle is legit.. the pics online are probably the older style bottle. Creed recently changed the sprayer (made it shorter). And theres no longer a bb in the straw. Relax its legit ;-)
    That makes me feel a bit better, lol. Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by pkf View Post
    Haha, you know every batch out there. You must be an insider at creed

Anyway, it seems to me that almost every new batch thats spoken of now, is fruity and non smokey. Does anyone tested a late 13 or 14 batch thats smokey at all?

Actually, i had a test with some friends of mine, where i sprayed my new 13z01 on my left wrist, and the 12something on my other. And as you know, most ppl thats not into perfumes, usually cant tell any scent apart.

So they did not notice any difference right after i sprayed it on, but after one hour, they smelled it again, and everyone could tell the difference. 13z01 was still crispy and fruits only, and the 12something only got ash left by then.

So thats proof enough for me.

But I'm excited to hear more about the 2014 scents now.
    LOL, I am most certainly not connected to creed in any way. Wish I was so I could cherry pick batches at will. I have just been lucky enought to try out a bunch of aventus but there are a TON that I havent tried. But I never pass on the opportunity to when i do. As to your question, the only 2013 batches that I have tested that were a bit smokey was T01 from 2013 which had a good amount of smoke and the w01 had a little but it was very balanced and I wouldnt really call it dominant in the ashy vibe. Recent batches though to my nose are much harder to detect differences in the smell. And when there is a difference to me that difference isnt in the fruity/smokey territory but in the ammount of musk and overall intensity of the scent. Thats great for people who like the fruity batches but the smoky fans are SOL it would appear. I know creed doesnt do flankers but I would love to see them divide aventus into two types.

That makes me feel a bit better, lol. Thanks!
    Yeah, Mitchapalooza is right your bottle is legit. Adam doesnt sell knock offs of anything. I have the exact bottle you have if it is the one without the logo and shorter atomizer. I love that batch and the tweaked sprayer. Enjoy your aventus, you got a good one IMHO.
    Last edited by Tmoran; 22nd October 2014 at 12:00 AM.

I don't have a huge basis for comparison, but I have a sample from an unknown batch, and a bottle of F01. F01 has a decidedly stronger pineapple note, and longevity easily takes me through the day. Anyone else have any experience with this batch? I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by David531 View Post
    I don't have a huge basis for comparison, but I have a sample from an unknown batch, and a bottle of F01. F01 has a decidedly stronger pineapple note, and longevity easily takes me through the day. Anyone else have any experience with this batch? I love it.
    Do you mean 14F01?

I have that batch and am exceptionally disappointed with it. In the process of writing a review. It has no sillage or projection and seems to be weak sauce compared with previous batches I've had

Quote Originally Posted by Theal View Post
    Do you mean 14F01?

I have that batch and am exceptionally disappointed with it. In the process of writing a review. It has no sillage or projection and seems to be weak sauce compared with previous batches I've had
    Yeah that's the one. Different strokes I suppose. Like I said, I don't have a huge basis for comparison, but I've found it to have all the projection I would want it to have.

Hi guys! I need your help there

With all those aventus batches, I see that some are more fruity, more pineapple, and some are more "smoky" or "ashy".
    Well, my batch right now from my old bottle is A42B11Y02 and I LOVE this one. My nose is not really good in notes/frag distinction but I think this one is more on the "smoke" side than the "fruity/pineapple" side. So, I was wondering, since I love this batch, is there some other new batches (2014 or 2013..) that are in the same vibe ?

I checked at a store this morning and all their batches was A42C13Z01. I wanted to buy one but after checking some reviews here I see that this batch A42C13Z01 is a very fruity one with just little smoke.

Whats your opinions guys? Any batch to suggest me with a more "smoky" vibes than a "fruity/pineapple" ? Thanks!

EDIT : wow.. after looking on the forum, it look like the batch A42B11Y02 was on the "heavy pineapple" side in the opening and not the smoky/ashy side.. I'm confused, I always thought that it was more smoky than fruity lol
    Last edited by Aztek; Yesterday at 10:56 PM.