Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Aventus batch numbers

My apologies for another Aventus thread, however after Dullah's post I would like the Aventus owners to post their batch/lot numbers and see if there is a correlation between that and what they think about the fragrance.
    According to Dullah:
    Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Batch C4210E02 is a very weak version all around, but especially in the base.
    Batch A4210E01 has a good balance between pineapple, currant (givaudan cassis), and the smokey/lyral/ambergris/moss.....but despite this good balance, the scent is still too plasticy and weak.
    Batch C42B10J01, which was noted here as a very strong batch, and while it does have a much stronger base, the base smells like 20% HIMALAYA and 80% AVENTUS....like they literally just poured some Himalaya into the batch...it's that distinct. And while strong, there is almost none of the fruity cassis/currant note...which always was a synthetic....so there's no excuse for this omission.
    Last edited by Forza; 5th January 2011 at 02:20 AM.
    Current top 5
    1. Creed Vintage Tabaróme
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue pour le Soir
    3. Comme des Garçons 8 88
    4. Montale Black Musk
    5. Profumum Antico Caruso

Default Re: Aventus owners

Batch A4210G01C. I have no point of reference on how it smells compared to other batches, except that it smells exactly like the 2.5mL decant I received from The Perfumed Court. Love this juice, and so do women!
    The Lyor Cohen of Dior Homme, that's Dior Homme, not Dior homey

C42B10K03 - Unhappy
    A4210E01 - Very happy

Quote Originally Posted by nickyplat View Post
    Batch A4210G01C. I have no point of reference on how it smells compared to other batches, except that it smells exactly like the 2.5mL decant I received from The Perfumed Court. Love this juice, and so do women!
    Seems like the A4 is what I am after. You just got it? From where may I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    ParfumsRaffy.com

b0n3z, I got my A4 from Neiman Marcus, I really love the fragrance and have had numerous compliments while wearing it, however I still think that the longevity should be improved.
    Current top 5
    4. Montale Black Musk

Got it from there about 3 weeks ago.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Batch: A4210G01C Opens smokier than what my sample did, but the same pineapple burst is present after about 5-10 minutes.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Thanks guys.

Doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get the "A" lot. E-Mail them first before ordering.

Batch C4210E02. This is the one my flacon has and was likely the first batch as I pre ordered it from the creedboutique. However, I don't find it weak at all. This lasts all day on me and smells great.

Quote Originally Posted by nickyplat View Post
    ParfumsRaffy.com
    Mine as well, same #.

Don't forget your basenotes discount code!

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

C4210E01, 28 hours later I still smell it on me today.
    Want to get a flacon, but this difference in batches is making me rethink it.
    I can always check the batch before buying it, really love this one.

Blog Entries

C42B10J01 - a recently received flacon

I can only compare it to a sample which was graciously provided to me by Adonis, very soon after availability. I will defer to Adonis' judgment as to which batch he thinks it might have been.

My new flacon and a recently received sample are similar in performance. Compared to the first sample I sniffed, both the new sample and the flacon seem to have less overt pineapple at the start, but it comes in and out of perception throughout the day. I will not say that this is due to formulation, because I can't do a side-by-side with the sample. It could merely be a change in perception over time. I am getting more smoke now, and probably a bit less of the non-pineapple fruity note. However, I do get the fruity note very strongly on cloth. I think I prefer the flacon juice on my skin - another lucky break for me.

There is also a difference in performance between dabbing and spraying. Dabbing seems to give more pineapple for me. Cloth (cotton) seems to favor fruit. Potentially useful facts for the pineapple and fruit lovers. Unless you are doing side-by-side tests like DULLAH, be careful to take the actual delivery method and application surface into account.

Still very pleased with my purchase.

So what we are saying basically is this so-called prestigious niche house cares so little about the people it sells its over-priced fragrances to that it doesn't give a flying whatsit about quality control.

There's a word for that: Amateur.

Jesus, even Boss get that one simple element right.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I got a bottle from Neiman Marcus & the lot is C4210E01. Lasts a good 8hrs+ on me. A great fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Batch C4210E02. This is the one my flacon has and was likely the first batch as I pre ordered it from the creedboutique. However, I don't find it weak at all. This lasts all day on me and smells great.
    My flacon is from Neiman Marcus and from the same batch number. Like ziffy321, I have good longevity and the fragrance is not what I would define as weak. Based on what DULLAH has stated about the batches and their particular issues, it seems that this batch would be my preference.
    - Expect the unexpected

C42B10J01 I got from creedboutique.com and it is very strong and I'm really happy with it. This is the strong decant that adonis got from me.
    I just got a flacon from Parfuns Raffy a couple of days ago and it is the same batch number C42B10J01. Still the same scent and strength.
    C4210E01 is a flacon I got from creedboutique.com a couple of months ago. I don't have any left of this so I can't compare but a couple of people that I sold it to complained that it smelled different from the Aventus they tried and even accused me of selling them a fake.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

A4210G01C - Nieman Marcus in Charlotte, NC

It lasts as long as my Aventus decant, pineapple disappears after the first hour, returns in the third or so... works well with me.

C4210EO1. Excellent longevity and sillage, smells like the samples Creed has sent me themselves on 4 separate occasions. Often I get 12+ hours on my skin, if it's on clothing it's easily still there the next day so I agree with the 28+ hour post above.

Purchased on a pre-order from the Creed Boutique. The only ''problem'' is that the chrome looking ''CREED'' label is peeling off due to an adhesion problem and that began with the very first time I handled the bottle with gentle hands.

I consider this batch a staple of my fragrance collection. If batch C42B10J01 is even better, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl J. View Post
    C4210EO1. Excellent longevity and sillage, smells like the samples Creed has sent me themselves on 4 separate occasions. Often I get 12+ hours on my skin, if it's on clothing it's easily still there the next day so I agree with the 28+ hour post above.
    I have the same batch code. Bought it at the NYC boutique the week it came out ... And it's amazing. Excellent longevity and silage. I can smell this stuff 24+ hours.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    C42B10J01 I got from creedboutique.com and it is very strong and I'm really happy with it. This is the strong decant that adonis got from me.
    I just got a flacon from Parfuns Raffy a couple of days ago and it is the same batch number C42B10J01. Still the same scent and strength.
    C4210E01 is a flacon I got from creedboutique.com a couple of months ago. I don't have any left of this so I can't compare but a couple of people that I sold it to complained that it smelled different from the Aventus they tried and even accused me of selling them a fake.
    Now this is interesting. If the small sample I got from Adonis was the same as the decant, that would mean it's the same lot number as my current flacon. Which means that any difference I'm detecting is probably JUST NOISE. Which I am accustomed to, actually. The only thing I've studied more than Windsor I is my own nose, because I've studied it against multiple frags. A have a certain noise level in all my fragrance wears, and I think this difference could just be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Now this is interesting. If the small sample I got from Adonis was the same as the decant, that would mean it's the same lot number as my current flacon.
    That juice was the remainder of a pre-release sample that the groovy ZZtop gave out over the summer to 10 lucky winners.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    That juice was the remainder of a pre-release sample that the groovy ZZtop gave out over the summer to 10 lucky winners.
    Cool - that fits with what everybody was sniffing. It was presumably the first batch, lots of pineapple in the top (almost too much or actually too much to some), and the barely-there base. People were complaining about longevity....

Man - you know what I'm thinking now? I think Creed tweaked it based on early comments. We're sitting here ragging on them for all our nasty theories, when maybe they just decided to try to improve it. So they cut back on the pineapple, boosted longevity (maybe tweaking the base in a way that inadvertently offended DULLAH), and in the process lost some of the visibility of the blackcurrant. But notice how many more people are now satisfied with longevity, which seemed like the main bugaboo in the beginning. Longevity is definitely way up. People are pretty satisfied.

If it's true, it just goes to show you - no good deed goes unpunished.

Already posted this in the other thread but since you've asked: C4210E01 and happy with it!

Even if they tried to improve it, look at the mess they created: customers need to be very informed to predict what they are buying. They have to know basenotes.net, they need to read the right threads, they need to compare cryptic LOT-numbers and they still can't be 100% sure. That is ridiculous when you consider that this was just launched a few months ago.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 26th December 2010 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Cool - that fits with what everybody was sniffing. It was presumably the first batch, lots of pineapple in the top (almost too much or actually too much to some), and the barely-there base. People were complaining about longevity....

Man - you know what I'm thinking now? I think Creed tweaked it based on early comments. We're sitting here ragging on them for all our nasty theories, when maybe they just decided to try to improve it. So they cut back on the pineapple, boosted longevity (maybe tweaking the base in a way that inadvertently offended DULLAH), and in the process lost some of the visibility of the blackcurrant. But notice how many more people are now satisfied with longevity, which seemed like the main bugaboo in the beginning. Longevity is definitely way up. People are pretty satisfied.

If it's true, it just goes to show you - no good deed goes unpunished.
    I really hope this is not the case. I loved that ramped up pineapple and didn't have any longevity issues. When my new bottle arrives from the boutique I will report back.

This post is a huge problem for Creed, I'm guessing that the younger batches are stronger than the more recent ones, they are probably not giving enough time for the ingredients to mascerate. I always used to be told by a Creed expert (Oliver creed also said that in an interview), that it's best to find the older dated bottles, and store them in your sock drawers for as long as possible the scent gets richer and better with age, I have yet to smell adventus, or venture to the boutique in NY, however, I'm intrigued by Windsor, and Wood and Spice. since royal water, this house has not interested me at all, too bad, creed was the only thing I used to wear.

I have A4210G01C, again no point of reference to any others. Longevity is not brilliant but while it is there the notes are strong and pleasant. I get none of the ash that I have heard others mention from time to time.

I'm thinking of purchasing a bottle of Aventus but now i'm even more confused lol. I see Dullah has mentioned the 3 he has had experience sniffing, however, i see some new batch numbers in this thread people are having mixed reviews on. Is it safe to say getting a "A4" batch would all yeild the same juice compared to getting a "C4" or do the exact number make a difference. Sorry don't know much about batch numbers.

Which one is the one i should be seeking out for good longevity?

I wonder if the initial A and C refers to the bottle size. The LOT of my 75ml starts with a "C".

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    I wonder if the initial A and C refers to the bottle size. The LOT of my 75ml starts with a "C".
    Nope. I have a 1 oz of the same batch DULLAH has and I believe he bought a flacon.

Thanks. Hm, maybe it's about the region where it's sold then. Mine is from a German online shop (essenza nobile).

I have the c4210e02. Nothing to compare it to, but seems fine to me - good longevity, if a bit quiet. Thing is though, others have commented on it when I have not been able to smell it.

There are still lots of inconsistencies even when it comes to the same batch I believe. I have C4210E01 and while it smells great the longevity simply blows. I sprayed generously on my wrist and shirt at 2 am before going to sleep and by 8 am there is absolutely no trace!
    Last edited by Forza; 26th December 2010 at 06:53 PM.
    Current top 5
    4. Montale Black Musk

Yes, this is a bit confusing. I'm assuming i can find out which batch numbers Neimens has to offer prior to purchasing. I'm assuming they have limited stock on hand so everyting they have in the store would probably be the same batch number?

Which one do you guys suggust i try to get for the best longevity? I really don't want to waste 250+ dollars. I have to get it a Neimens too since i have a 100.00 gift certificate there.

Just so you know your decant was lot number C4210E01, a 4 ounce bottle I recently bought, that I like almost as much as A4210E01, even though I still find both batches not quite strong enough in the heart and base.....and while I'm not a huge fan of AVENTUS topnotes, I feel a4210e01 did the apple/pineapple/currant the best, from the perspective of someone who would like fruity scents.....I think their best bet for having AVENTUS success continue, is to pair a stronger version of the a4210e01 topnotes, with more rose and citral presence in the heart, and a base as strong as the c42b10j01, but with more patchouli, vanilla, and isobutavan. Hopefully they care enough to perfect this scent, which I assume they would have done prior to release, but apparently not.
    d
    Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Yes, this is a bit confusing. I'm assuming i can find out which batch numbers Neimens has to offer prior to purchasing. I'm assuming they have limited stock on hand so everyting they have in the store would probably be the same batch number?

Which one do you guys suggust i try to get for the best longevity? I really don't want to waste 250+ dollars. I have to get it a Neimens too since i have a 100.00 gift certificate there.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 26th December 2010 at 06:07 PM.

Mine is lot #C42B10J01 and I'm very happy with it. Can't comment on how it compares to other batches, but it smells the same as the official sample vials I got from Nordstrom. No complaints here.

I contacted ParfumRaffy and the current lot they have is all A4210G01C which he mentioned is the latest release from Creed. I believe he mentioned he received this 4-5 weeks ago.

I contacted ParfumRaffy and the current lot they have is all A4210G01C which he mentioned is the latest release from Creed. I believe he mentioned he received this 4-5 weeks ago.
    Thanks for the update persianprince. If the new bottle from the Creed Boutique is not the version I am after, I will give them a shot. How much of a discount does the Basenotes code provide? Anyone know? Thanks.

Thanks for the update persianprince. If the new bottle from the Creed Boutique is not the version I am after, I will give them a shot. How much of a discount does the Basenotes code provide? Anyone know? Thanks.
    I believe its roughly 30.00 with free shipping. And a decent amount of samples

10%

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

What is the basenotes code for the creed boutique?

lol I think we should attack other mail order sites until they agree to give us our own basenotes discount code.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

I'm not one for saving my boxes, and that information doesn't seem to be on my bottle anywhere... sorry I wasn't able to help.

Wow, buying a bottle of Aventus seems to require a lot of work. Good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I'm not one for saving my boxes, and that information doesn't seem to be on my bottle anywhere... sorry I wasn't able to help.
    It's a very faint code on the bottom of the bottle.
    Current top 5
    4. Montale Black Musk

If anyone is looking to part with a 4oz of either A4210E01, C4210E01, or C4210E02 lot numbers, please PM me. These new batches have a smokey/ash tone that really puts me off, which I did not find in the early versions. Thanks.

If anyone is looking to part with a 4oz of either A4210E01, C4210E01, or C4210E02 lot numbers, please PM me. These new batches have a smokey/ash tone that really puts me off, which I did not find in the early versions. Thanks.
    Did you find out if the lot from ParfumRaffy had the same smokey/ash tone? I believe puddlemonkey and few otheres mentioned it having a decent amount of pineapple note in it. I haven't ordered it yet but was about to.

Did you find out if the lot from ParfumRaffy had the same smokey/ash tone? I believe puddlemonkey and few otheres mentioned it having a decent amount of pineapple note in it. I haven't ordered it yet but was about to.
    I actually found a bottle of that lot - A4210G01C from Neiman's yesterday and while better than the one I got for Christmas - C42B10K03, still has the ashy tone and can't hold a candle to the early batches as far as I am concerned. The one I got today from the Creed Boutique is also C42B10K03 (Must be the most recent batch). I will keep the A4210G01C until I can find what I am looking for. What a mess. Thanks for inquiring.

This is becoming one big clusterfuck lol. I'm sure all versions are pretty good but i really want to get the a lot number that is up to par with the decant that i've been using. I'd hate to spend this kind of money and have a different smell.

I called my local neimens and they are out of the 4oz bottles to see which lot number they have. Is there any other places we can confirm what lot number we are receiving before purchasing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistawho View Post
    What is the basenotes code for the creed boutique?
    I Believe it's BNLOLWUT

I Believe it's BNLOLWUT
    lol

I Believe it's BNLOLWUT
    Careful. This added 35% more to my cart and changed my order to Windsor.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Careful. This added 35% more to my cart and changed my order to Windsor.
    2nd batch?
    Current top 5
    4. Montale Black Musk

C42B10J01 here also on my neimans flacon. Lasts as long as the tester sprays I tried first few times but that amazing musk base is hardly there. However the pineapple and rubbery smoke stay on forever now vs the creamy musk base. I like my flacon but would like to have more of that amazing base too. Any other Creeds have that base in a huge way I could try? Tried SMW, Himalaya, BdP and they are nice but not near that leftover base I had from the Avdntus tester that lasted a week on my sweater.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers

Any updates on new batches?
    Current top 5
    4. Montale Black Musk

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Wow, buying a bottle of Aventus seems to require a lot of work. Good luck to everyone.
    LMAO! I read these threads with pure amazement. I could never bring myself to wear a scent that took so much effort. I used to think my cigar collecting friends were nuts....

I want to purcahse a bottle, but I am concerned about all of this lot# business.

are you guys sure the lot numbers aren't just variables according to BOTTLE SIZE? A4210E01's are 1 oz, C42B10J01 are Flacons, ECT...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    It's almost like buying a car...