Code of Conduct

Default How much ml (or oz) can be enought to i count as : "I own" and put it on my wardrobe here?

I only have bottles with 10ml or more, and put it in my wardrobe.
    But now i have a mini bottle of Tobacco Vanille, 4ml.
    Can i put it in my wardrobe, as part of my collection?
    Or i count this as a sample (i never put sample in wardrobe collection)

Default Re: How much ml (or oz) can be enought to i count as : "I own" and put it on my wardrobe here?

Hey, up to you, innit?
    I'l list anything more than half oz.
    Smellin good

Default Re: How much ml (or oz) can be enought to i count as : "I own" and put it on my wardrobe here?

I never list a sample, only 0.3oz or more
    But only if its a current commercial bottle, that sell in the stores, not a sample or a decant

I think i will not list Tobacco Vanille cause 4ml its not a current commercial bottle, its a gift that the LOVELY Tom Ford Company gave me
    I love Tom Ford!
    Last edited by d4N13L; 29th December 2010 at 02:08 PM.

List it if u consider it a bottle not a sample lol

Well, since mini could be consider either as a sample or a bottle, if you don`t think that it matches well the sample aisle i`d put it on the i own one and insert a comment that it`s a 4ml mini.

I'm glad you asked this question ... I'd been wondering the same thing.

I think i will put only bottles that have benn sold in department stores.
    So my 4ml will not enter.
    But my 7ml Opium Parfum will enter, when i buy it, off course, ^^

I'd say 0.5oz, or 15ml, but hey that's your call.

I don't think there are any rules on these things.

For myself, I only put bottles and minis in my wardrobe that I intend (or intended) to wear.

For minis, I annotate the fact.

I have lots of samples (100s), but don't think they are wardrobe worthy.

I don't have much in terms of decants, but don't think of them as wardrobe worthy. I probably would if they were substantial or if I had a decant-centered collection.

While I have written a spoof in my mind about the Basenotes Wardrobe Police showing up at an unwitting Basenoters door to ensure there are no wardrobe discrepancies (maybe I will put it in writing sometime...), I think it is up to the individual.

Use the wardrobe to meet your needs. That's how I look at it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    While I have written a spoof in my mind about the Basenotes Wardrobe Police showing up at an unwitting Basenoters door to ensure there are no wardrobe discrepancies (maybe I will put it in writing sometime...), I think it is up to the individual.
    Hehe classic!

anything below 10 ml is not countable in my book.

Nobody is going to sue you if you add your 4ml Tobacco Vanille on "own" list.

Myself I have 2 10ml decants that I marked as "own", and to me they are like full bottles, because they will last me as long as full bottles.. = forever or till I sell them (or replace with full bottles).
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Nobody is going to sue you if you add your 4ml Tobacco Vanille on "own" list.
    True.

I think we all make that up as we go along. Personally, I'd say for me 10ml or above. You can get several wears out of it.

I'd say anything that's an official bottle from the company, whether being .25 oz or 6.7 oz.

Personally I only list if it's more than say 20mL (decant) - now if you had a 100ml that was only 10% full, I would still consider that or course.

I put anything over 15 ml... however, if I had 7 ml of pure parfum, I would list it.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I usually list anything that I have more than 1/2oz of, but pure parfum oil would be different, for that, maybe 5ml, I dunno

I've been wondering the same thing.. I put a 5ml Bulgari Black (the only mini I have) in my wardrobe the other day but that didn't seem quite right. My reasoning for doing that in the end was it's in a branded box & bottle and it's going to last me for ages at the rate I've been wearing it.

For me anything above 15ml in retail package I consider as I own, the rest (even minis that I consider larger samples) I put under samples section

At least one ounce (30 mL)

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

It is hard to justify full bottle purchase when I already have more than enough to last a lifetime. I suppose whatever is in use on regular rotation shd be in the wardrobe, no matter if it is 10 or 100ml. It is a fragrance wardrobe, not a bottle collection. I consider 1-4ml vials as samples. But if you want to list a 4ml TV in your wardrobe, go right ahead. It's YOUR wardrobe - you can stuff skeletons in it too for all I care, lol.

I put in on my "own" list of I like it enough to (eventually) buy a bottle.

I've got craploads of samples that I'll never buy, so they stay on the samples list.

1.20638914236 oz

I'd say if you have something over 100ml or multiple bottles (as backup), the fragrance owns you. The company won. And to that I say Congrats. You really found something you like.

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    1.20638914236 oz
    is that by weight or in fluid ounces?

All full-size manufacturers' bottles (now matter how much juice remaining) + large decants (20ml+). The only minis I include are pure parfums. Other minis and smaller decants, I put my sample list. I do have a hard time deciding where to put a couple of travel size (15ml) bottles I own.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by kmf View Post
    1.20638914236 oz
    roflmao