Code of Conduct

Default Need advice - Considering returning a Creed I bought from Fragrancenet.

I haven't had a ton of luck with SMW in the past, but I have a partial bottle that I bought from someone here, which was bought from Neiman Marcus, and which smells great. Since it's running out, I went ahead and ordered a 2.5 ounce tester from Fragrancenet, because of the price, and because I've heard only good things about people purchasing Creeds from them. I honestly still need to compare the two bottles a couple more times, on both skin and paper (and perhaps even the FN bottle to a SMW direct from Neiman Marcus), but I feel that the top notes in the Fragrancenet bottle seem to be muddier...Also not sure If the drydown is as deep as I'm used to.

Any advice would be helpful.

Default Re: Need advice - Considering returning a Creed I bought from Fragrancenet.

If it's a legitimate Creed, I would keep it.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Need advice - Considering returning a Creed I bought from Fragrancenet.

If you are not happy with it, you should return it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    If you are not happy with it, you should return it.
    Yeah, seems like I might do that after giving it a few more wearings. I'll have to find out from them if they will give a full refund (minus the re-stocking fee's) as I do believe that the Creed is authentic, but I think that it just might be a batch variation and/or old stock, but am not sure if they'll agree.

Batch differences and I read an interview with Erwin Creed where he mentioned that a bottle continues "evolving" (don't recall the term) as it ages.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Batch differences and I read an interview with Erwin Creed where he mentioned that a bottle continues "evolving" (don't recall the term) as it ages.
    Goes rancid?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yeah, I'm not so sure about the fragrance "evolving" thing, as I've experienced SMW (owned a bottle) for many years. but the bigger issue that frustrates me is I just can't get a bottle that smells like it should. I know that the only way to really get that would be to go to Neiman Marcus, but unfortunately, I can't and won't spend $300 for a bottle from them. It's an awesome brand, which I have tons of respect for, but quite frankly, It's not worth anything near what they want retail for it.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Goes rancid?
    Not a bad name for a perfume...

Sur la Plage

Not a bad name for a perfume...
    I think that is what Erolfa translates to.

Return that sucker. I bought a bottle of Millesime Imperial from Fragrancenet and it paled in comparison to the one I bought from Nordstrom. Not even in the same ballpark. I don't know what the deal is with Creed and discounters, but I wouldn't have paid $20 bucks for the bottle from Fragrancenet. Send that bottle back.

Im positive MI has been reformulated in 2010. I would bet your bottle is legit.
    old mi = strong watermelon/berry note and woodsy basenotes
    new mi = the opening fruit notes are much weaker. The scent seems more salty and the basenotes are much more metallic.

wow creeds are just not worth the headache IMO. return it and buy several other fragrances

Update here - VERY disappointed with FragranceNet, so far - Sent an email two days ago, and have not received ANY kind of reply.

Will try to forward it to some of their other emails, and then call them later today when I have time.