Code of Conduct

Default Black Orchid Voile de Fleur can be used by man as Black Orchid EDP?

Hey,

I Felt in love for Tom Ford Black Orchid EDP.
    I received a sample directly from Tom Ford, and I loved it at the first smell.
    I bought a bottle at the same day.
    It's marked as feminine, but can be used by man without problem. My girlfriend loved it on me. And, for sure, we will share this perfume (we love to go out with the same smell, it's crazy and sexy!)

And about this EDT Version, Voile de Fleur?
    Can be used by man too, or it's too feminine?

Thanks!

Default Re: Black Orchid Voile de Fleur can be used by man as Black Orchid EDP?

If you like Black Orchid, you don't need Voile de Fleur; I think of it as the diet version of Orchid
    It's basically the same fragrance, just that VdF is weaker and thinner, I was very disappointed with it.

=(

Already bought.

Theres no difference except the watered down?

Basenotes Institution

Voile de Fleur is VERY floral - IMO it is not the same as Black Orchid.

I prefer the original Black Orchid.

Voile de Fleur was a spring floral edition of Black Orchid. It has been discontinued. I absolutely love Voile de Fleur. At times, Black Orchid itself can be overpowering depending on the setting and situation I am in. If I want that deepness of a perfume but anticipate beinging in a unfriendly fragrance area, I will throw on Voile de Fleur. It has the same sillage and longevity of Black Orchid yet softer. I believe it is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    If you like Black Orchid, you don't need Voile de Fleur; I think of it as the diet version of Orchid
    It's basically the same fragrance, just that VdF is weaker and thinner, I was very disappointed with it.
    I beg to differ, BIG TIME
    These are two different perfumes based on a common theme, but as distinct as night (BO) and day (BOVdF), while BO is dark, dense, brooding, anguished, BOVdF is floral, bright and light, heartening and happy.
    I would say that is the same basic scent under two different moods and I love them both and I have worn them both. I can't really say which I like best because it depends on you state of mind the moment you wear them.
    I bought them for my wife and now both use them. We like them so much that we stashed four 3.4 oz of BO and four (one 3.4 and three 1.7 oz of BOVdF. We do not want to be left without them. (BOVdF already discontinued)
    So, to answer your question, yes, both can we worn by men

Blog Entries

^ Yes, I agree with PC's description very much. I actually like VdF very much - now I know why - it's brighter and happier. However, it is more floral, and if something that floral pushes your femme-fear button, watch out. Personally, I think it's awesome, and guy-wearable if you're confident. If you can wear regular Black Orchid, I have little doubt that you can pull off VdF, too.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    So, to answer your question, yes, both can we worn by men
    I agree.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thanks guys, already bought a Voile de Fleur too!

So thats discontinued???

Its time to back it up!!!!

Blog Entries

I prefer the more floral aspect of Voile de Fleur over Black Orchid. Black Orchid is just too heavy and dry for my taste and both can easily be worn by men IMO. Apply either fragrance lightly.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 2nd January 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Black Orchid was a bit too heavy for me but I happily wear VdF.
    I love cologne.