Code of Conduct

Default Layering two mediocre frags to make one REALLY good one

Today I took 2 that I like pretty well but both have their weaknesses on me; Jean Luc Amsler Prive pour Homme and Dunhill Desire Blue. The Prive gets very linear on me, where after the initial spray it turns into clean wood. The Desire Blue I like initially but it is pretty short lived.

Together the woodiness of the Prive mixes really well with the marine notes and tonka of the Desire Blue to be pretty darn special, giving it a rubber accord that is cool and reminiscent of a note in Fat Electrician.

I may have been a bit heavy handed with the application, but I'd digging it so far.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Default Re: Layering two mediocre frags to make one REALLY good one

I don't know if this is true but I heard if you put on Givenchy Play + Play Intense, it makes a pretty good scent mixture. I only have Givenchy Play which smells light and fresh. Givenchy Play Intense is a woody and sweet/oriental scent. I would like to know what they smell like and how they compliment each other before I buy Play Intense, so far I Like Play.
    There is nothing better than getting compliments on how good you smell!

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News

WOW

Just tried Layering Amouage Reflection man with Czech & Speake No.88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!

!

so.. did it make one really mediocre scent or what?

Sur la Plage

I layered Bleu de Chanel and Bulgari Man. I don't remember what happened though, I fell asleep.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I guess I try to steer clear of purchasing fragrances that would result in me wanting to layer them.

I layered Givenchy Pi and Lolita Lempicka. It is pretty nice, the vanillas go well and you still get that anise.