Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Today I Bought.... JANUARY 2011 !!!

I hesitated to post this last week but...I bought a monster flacon of Creed FdTRB last Monday. It was the only one they had at the Creed boutique, brought in from Paris. Photo is in my albums.
    I still can hardly believe it.

Wow - good for you 30 Roses! I was under the impression that it had been discontinued, so I'm glad you got it while it's available (do you know what the story is with that, btw?)
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

A fellow BNer tried to get some at Neiman Marcus and they were sold out throughout the USA. Saks had one bottle somewhere in their system which they set aside for her. No official announcement from Creed that I am aware of-- the website shows it as "temporarily out of stock"-- but I think the handwriting is on the wall.

Two slightly used 1.7 oz. bottles of Rochas Mystere, my first purchase of the year.

Basenotes Plus

Rush by Gucci because it's so trashy it's fabulous!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Like Kewart, I picked up Les Néréides Douceur De Vanille for a fiver. I think that ought to conclude my LN collection, unless I stumble on a big bottle of Patchouli Antique!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Basenotes Plus

100ml of Nu Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent to go in my stockpile. I don't normally buy back-up bottles of anything but Nu is getting increasingly harder to find so I'm picking up bottles when I see them!

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I hesitated to post this last week but...I bought a monster flacon of Creed FdTRB last Monday. It was the only one they had at the Creed boutique, brought in from Paris. Photo is in my albums.
    Congrats! Excellent buy!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Thanks, Zibeline!

Blind bought Versace Dreamer 1oz and a travel set of Versace Man eau Fraiche-which I had sampled and liked.$8.50+7 shipping.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Oh wonderful buy L / 30 Roses !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Whilst waiting for perhaps more exciting arrivals to clear the Xmas post backlog, today my 2 Guerlain atomisers arrived: empties given by Guerlain so you can fill them with your favourite scents.

I promptly filled mine with vintage Vol de Nuit extrait, and Guerlain's Cuir de Russie extrait <3 Both normally in a "dab on" bottle.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay View Post
    Whoops, wrong forum.

Sorry ladies.
    come back, ceekay! we love being vicariously thrilled by the scent shopping of any sex, race, color, or creed !
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Oh they are handsome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Whilst waiting for perhaps more exciting arrivals to clear the Xmas post backlog, today my 2 Guerlain atomisers arrived: empties given by Guerlain so you can fill them with your favourite scents.

I promptly filled mine with vintage Vol de Nuit extrait, and Guerlain's Cuir de Russie extrait <3 Both normally in a "dab on" bottle.

Shiseido Zen (original) for ¥2000 (about $25) for 80 ml in duty free at Narita.

I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

A pretty full Hanae Mori Blue Butterfly and partial tube of shower gel;new minis of Infusion d'Iris and Prada Tendre .

New arrivals today -Ralph Lauren Safari (feminine) half ounce plus a travel cosmetic pouch(which should be perfect to put the ammo cartridge holder that I use for some sample vial storage to keep the dust off)
    - La Perla La Perla just sniffing the bottle -great stuff -If you like Diva,Knowing, Tabu or Aromatics Elixir then you probably need to try this.

Today I bought a 100 ml bottle of Eau Sauvage from StrawberryNET. I tried it for the first time a few days ago, and thought it, as Sonia Lovecraft described her husband's love-making, 'excellently adequate.' Two-dimensional, indeed rather flat, but discreet, and having a brisk note of something like wormwood. Probably the vetiver. I appreciate its lack of powder.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I Bought.... JANUARY 2011 !!!

1942 Nobile Patchouli.

I just ordered Farnesiana edp. Thanks Santa!

I used my merchandise card from TJMaxx (returned duplicate gifts) and bought at Marshals a gift set of Prada Infusion D'Iris and a bottle of Roberto Cavalli Oro -I had Oro on my Christmas list and Mom got the wrong one .I only had to pay $4 and change more than the card ! WooHoo!!
    Also coopmom was very sweet and sent me some decants of L'ambre ,Infusion d'Iris,Balenciaga Rumba,and Fragonard's Fleur du Vanille.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Oh they are handsome!
    Thank you Mr. G... yes I liked them because they are quite masculine. Matte black, and when filled, quite weighty in the hand. They hold 15ml each, and I am considering having the name of the perfume engraved on the side, or initials on the lid.

Basenotes Plus

Needed a little retail therapy tonight- found a 50 ml of Guerlain Champs-Elysee EDT on clearance for $24 at TJ Maxx.

Also a 75 ml bottle of Deauville by Michel Germain for $12.99. Nice inoffensive office scent.
    A Scent Rescuer

Today Im rather excited...finally the Xmas mail backlog seems to be coming through, and I received 3 new perfumes!

First was my much anticipated vintage Guerlain "Pois de Senteur" 70ml extrait (1917) in the Flacon Carré... it smells unlike anything I'd imagined!! Deeply honeyed and civety with very velvety nuances... obviously with a smiling sweet pea heart.
    I had hoped this could be reviewed in my most recent "5 Rare Guerlains in 5 Days" series, but it came a little late. I will review it shortly anyhow.

Second, I purchased another Guerlain "Cuir de Russie" Stilboide fluid... I have fallen completely for Guerlain's Russian Leather interpretation, and simply wouldn't want be without it!

And finally, I bought a 50ml 1980s Chanel "Antaeus" After Shave... it is everything I had hoped it might be, very potent, and with persistence much like the EDTs of today. The original formula can't be beaten, regardless of the concentration.

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 14th January 2011 at 07:13 AM.

Sorcery of scent - your 'new purchases' post are complete eye-candy! Hoping you're able to do another Rare Geurlain series as I really enjoyed the last one!

My new purchase (which seems a little less exciting by comparison) is a bottle of Agent Provocateur Strip - it's a lovely warm, slightly spicy amber-y scent. Too much for the humid weather we've been having but I'll no doubt be all over this when it gets cold again.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Last edited by domperrier; 14th January 2011 at 02:07 PM.

I found this masterpiece (with a great help of Rickbr, thanks folk!)

Kouros Fraicheur by Yves Saint Laurent 1.7oz Sealed!

Im very happy with this purchase. My first discontinued fragrance!
    Thanks again Rick my friend

3ml of Surrati's Black Oudh, to scratch that dark rose itch!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLipPrint View Post
    Sorcery of scent - your 'new purchases' post are complete eye-candy! Hoping you're able to do another Rare Geurlain series as I really enjoyed the last one!
    Thank you to a fellow Aussie BNer I will do another series as soon as I amass a few more rare Guerlains.

Knit- I also hit the clearance rack at TJMaxx. I came away with a gift set of Lolita Lempicka for $15 (1.7 oz of EDP and body lotion) and a 4 oz bottle of Tea Rose for $5. Totally unplanned purchases, but I love a bargin and had both on the maybe sometime list.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    My first discontinued fragrance!
    CONGRATULATIONS on your first DC frag aquisition! You are officially falling down the slippery slope of fume- mania. And that nice rickbr was your pusher....oops, I mean enabler LOL! Enjoy, enjoy...

On another note, I'm reporting back on the budget purchase of Deauville from last evening. I sprayed once on my arm 15 hours ago and the drydown is still a strong and lovely skin scent. Impressive.

iechris- good deals!
    A Scent Rescuer

Versace Man eau Fraiche sampler set + FB The Dreamer came in the mail today along with samples of HM ,Valentino,and Rock'n Dreams as bonus.
    On another note -slim paycheck this week means I won't be fume buying unless it's in a thrift store for the next week and a half -AAARRRGH!!!!!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Égoïste Cologne Concentrée.
    Finally, it's mine ... MINE!

Byredo M/Mink, 50 ml.
    Frédéric Malle Musc Ravageur, parfum oil, 50 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Some Shalimar edt, yesterday. Shalimar and I have finally turned a corner. This is a fragrance I have been trying hard to understand (and love) for a long time and, after testing for the umpteenth time, I feel I do. Do you think speaking about a fragrance as if it is a person is the sign of a serious problem?

Trip to CB I Hate Perfume gallery in Williamsburg yesterday led me to buy absolute of Here Piggy. Reminiscent of truffles, leather and rubber. Have to figure out what to layer it with...I'm thinking maybe Bulgari Black?

Today I purchased 50ml of:

This month I've also bought 17ml of:

I also have 2.5ml samples of Nahema and Samsara by Guerlain, Pink Sugar by Aquolina, and Visa by Robert Piguet, and 5ml decants of Dune by Christian Dior and Sel Marin by Heeley.

I'm pleased!

Today, I got my vintage Vol de Nuit EDC, 93ml Vega tester, 110ml vintage Habit Rouge EDC, and Ltd Ed Shalimar EDP (2008 Xmas edition). I also received as a gift the cute little Jardins de Bagatelle mini

Dom P: egads, so that's where all the vintage stuff has gone!

My January purchases just included:

4 new Ava Luxe
    Cafe Noir
    Biba
    Feu de Bois
    Madeline

A vintage purchase of Champagne pure parfum (pretty darn happy about this one)

Also doing a couple of Xerjoff splits:
    20 ml Elle
    probably 20 ml XXY upcoming

Backing away from the credit card...
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Sorcery of Scent, I love that Guerlain fluted column spray cologne bottle. That was my first bottle of Shalimar, years ago. I loved the way it sprayed (loved the scent, too, of course!).

Today I purchased Quartz by Molyneux, a fragrance I've been wanting. I hope it doesn't disappoint when it arrives. I remember it from years ago, and Basenoters say it's still good. That's one on my 2011 wish list. Only around 98 more to go!

Basenotes Institution

Dimi - wonderful buys!

I bought more Dior's Eau Sauvage !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Just bought 30ml of Obsession and Obsession Man!! It was a great deal and I've been wanting Obsession for so long... Of course, the male counterpart is also good, so I just had to get it for DH for Valentine's...

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Sorcery of Scent, I love that Guerlain fluted column spray cologne bottle. That was my first bottle of Shalimar, years ago. I loved the way it sprayed (loved the scent, too, of course!).
    Lilybelle, the Vol de Nuit EDC bottle pictured sprays very generously, but I have another (Eau de Verveine) that drizzles inside the gold casing when sprayed and only wets my hand! Its eternally frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Dimi - wonderful buys!

I bought more Dior's Eau Savage !
    Thanks Mims... and thats a nice buy too!

Basenotes Plus

I received a complimentary bottle of Charogne from an online retailer for introducing them to Etat Libre d'Orange. It's a tester so I cant work out what size it is, it looks like 100ml, would anybody be able to shed some light on the size?

Nice CPB! I've been lemming Charogne for months now; a wonderfully dying rose and very unique! The testers are 100ml.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Nice CPB! I've been lemming Charogne for months now; a wonderfully dying rose and very unique! The testers are 100ml.
    Thanks! Like you, I've been lemming Charogne for months and to get a nice big bottle has definitely made me happy. Thanks for the info on the size.

Ok, I'm just a little bit excited about my buys;

Original Ungaro - 45ml unused ( navy bottle/green lid )
    Paco Rabanne La Nuit - 5ml mini
    Nuits Indiennes - in a Scherrer gift set, unused
    Vintage Femme Parfum de Toilette

(none cost me me more than £5!!)

On a bit of a HTF mission at the mo - can you tell?!

Decants!

Bois des Iles
    Coromandel
    Bois de Paradis
    Castile

Now I wonder if I'll move from "Oooh, I really like this" to "Oh my gosh, I can't live without this!"
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Basenotes Plus

I'm making up for not buying the first of weeks of January by ordering ...

Tocadilly Eau De Toilette Spray 1oz for Women Rochas
    Arielle De Fragonard Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7oz
    One Man Show Eau De Toilette Spray (for reference)
    Sinan Lune Eau De Parfum Spray 1oz for Women - Jean Marc Sinan
    Joop Femme Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7oz for Women Joop

Didn't get quite the bargains that figtoaster managed but cost was very reasonable

lilybelle Quatz worked out to be a nice summer frag for me. Hope you like yours when it arrives.
    A Scent Rescuer

Today some of my Ebay purchases arrived :Prada eau Tendre mini,Infusion d'Iris mini.From another seller a half full half ounce bottle of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. I also got my order of 1.5 ml vials from ACCESSORIES FOR FRAGRANCES seattle_4-so I can start a sample passaround in February.
    On a mostly off topic -I went into Avenue(womens size store) to make a credit payment.I had a couple of coupons with me and ended up leaving the store with a new coat(sage green quilted microfiber) and a sweater(acrylic teal blue pullover) for 90 cents!(grand total after tax!)
    This is semi on topic 'cause A. this is how I afford so many perfumes -buy other things on super sales!
    and B. some web based+brick and mortar retailers sell perfumes too-often under Accesories.I haven't purchased from their website yet but the selection looks pretty good .Has anyone shopped from such a site ?

I was very lucky - must be my best perfume buying day EVER! But I had been scouring ebay for five days straight...am practically welded to my computer chair.

Just added Hypnotic Poison to my collection, courtesy of my husband who bought it for me while he was away (hmm - I wonder what he has been up to??)

Today I stopped in at my local thriftshops and bought Avon Contrast for $1.09 and a half full bottle of Jil Sander SunDelight $2.16

I just took delivery of a bottle of Narcisse Noir parfum. Or Black Narcissus as it was called in Sunset Boulevard...

It can have a funny effect on people.
    Last edited by sean-dt; 20th January 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Missing the warm summer days I bought an Italian stuff from Profumo di Forte a scent called Roma Imperiale - interesting soft floral scent reminding me of the summer nights. Top notes:bergamot, mandarin, neroli, rose-wood, coriander seed, cinnamon, tomato leaves.Middle notes: orchid, jasmine absolute, tuberose absolute, ylang - ylang, iris butter, Turkish rose essence, seringa.
    Base notes:civette, oak moss, grey amber. Vanilla, sandalwood

Thrift shop bottle of Avon Occur!, $5 and change. Our NYC thrift shops aren't as good or as cheap as those Bookwyrmsmith frequents in Alabama, but i've gotten some good vintages here and there, such as Calandre, K, Senso, Farouche and L'Aimant and some niches such as l'Air de Rien and Bond Lex. Ave.

Just scored a vintage Joy parfum (still sealed and boxed...but with substantial evaporation. Only 30 bucks...so I don't mind the gamble. If it's good, I'll be in heaven.

And I got a partial bottle of the discontinued Venezia!! Both from ebay. Now to hunt down a good deal on some vintage Shalimar parfum.

Basenotes Plus

I'm ready for my close-up Mr De Mille!

Today I was in Ross Dress for Less and bought a backup bottle of Cacharel Liberte (an orange fizzy frag that layers well with tea scents) and a Michael Kors dress on markdown for $3.50. The perfume cost more than the dress.
    A Scent Rescuer

Today I learned what weakness on the knees was...

I never (but NEVER) liked No5... Too sharp, too aldehydic, too MUCH!! Last week I dreamed I was trying it and loving it and I thought the subconscient was playing tricks one me, so today, remembering my dream, I decided to go and try all concentrations... EdT, too sharp... EdP, just right!!!! But just in case, I tried the parfum too. At first I thought it was too sharp as well, so I decided to purchase a 30ml of EdP. So here I am, asking for it when I am told they don't have it in stock!! Bummed, I say thank you and go to another favorite store of mine and ask for it. In the meanwhile, something was smelling too good around me... And it WASN'T the wrist where I put the EdP that I so eagerly was going to buy... It was my other wrist, where I had sprayed the parfum!!

Me goes back to the store, me asks I have changed my mind and me asks how much is the 7.5ml flacon...

The rest is history... I'm home with my brand new and first extrait ever... From a perfume I've always hated and that now absolutely adore...

I can't stop sniffing my left wrist, where the extrait is...

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    Today I learned what weakness on the knees was...

I never (but NEVER) liked No5... Too sharp, too aldehydic, too MUCH!! Last week I dreamed I was trying it and loving it and I thought the subconscient was playing tricks one me, so today, remembering my dream, I decided to go and try all concentrations... EdT, too sharp... EdP, just right!!!! But just in case, I tried the parfum too. At first I thought it was too sharp as well, so I decided to purchase a 30ml of EdP. So here I am, asking for it when I am told they don't have it in stock!! Bummed, I say thank you and go to another favorite store of mine and ask for it. In the meanwhile, something was smelling too good around me... And it WASN'T the wrist where I put the EdP that I so eagerly was going to buy... It was my other wrist, where I had sprayed the parfum!!

Me goes back to the store, me asks I have changed my mind and me asks how much is the 7.5ml flacon...

The rest is history... I'm home with my brand new and first extrait ever... From a perfume I've always hated and that now absolutely adore...

I can't stop sniffing my left wrist, where the extrait is...
    There is NOTHING like No. 5 parfum, nothing at all.................
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927