Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Today I Bought.... JANUARY 2011 !!!

Speaking of Chanel, dropped another $50 at tpc thanks to them. Had to get another sample of Coromandel now that the smaller bottles of the Les Exclusifs are available. Plus Beige and Sycomore. And since I was already buying: Demeter Linden, Demeter Honey, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce, Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon and Dead Sexy, L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore, Guerlain Shalimar Ode de La Vanille, F. Malle Portait of a Lady.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

I love Baldufita's story - I badly want some No 5 extrait too !

Just ordered on-line at good prices, Commes des Garcons & Bulgari Blu Notte.
    The Bulgari is a blind buy that I just like the sound of - fingers crossed with this one.

!

Ordered a decently priced 1 oz of Donna Karan Black Cashmere that arrived today (after having been sent a sample by a generous Basenoter) ... and pulled the trigger last night on another decently-priced (about 60% of retail) Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by indigo View Post
    I love Baldufita's story - I badly want some No 5 extrait too !

Hi Indigo!! Thanks!!! That's not all... I told my story to hubbs and I told him I also loved the EdP... So I think I might be getting it too for my bday (March)!! I really hope so, as I don't plan to use the extrait every day (I wish... :P ).

Now I feel better ! I won a bid on a mostly full bottle of Chanel Coco edp .After seeing that you all are up to some serious sampleing/Blind buying (btw-Bulgari Blu Notte is lovely-so is the Black Cashmere compliments to you both indigo and actiasluna) I feel better -it was only $22.50 and shipping is free.

Okay. SpaceNK's sale is still on going. Yesterday on the way home I had a wander in the store. The Honore des Pres range now only £12 from £89!!!! Had a sniff and decided hell for that price I would go for Charman's Party. Now normally, vetiver and I don't have the best relationship it turns bog body on me. But this one though the vetiver came through I still got the campfire smoke and other dark woods too.
    DONNA

I found a vintage 1/4oz Champagne parfum and could not resist getting it. Wore it yesterday as soon as I opened the box. And there was not a happier nose in the universe...
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Just bought a vintage Shalimar parfum on ebay. Still sealed in original box/wrapping! I am a bit frightened. I'm hoping if the juice is gone it may be a baccarat bottle I can sell for a huge profit. Cross your fingers for me.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Chaplain, I hope it's okay too. Please post when it arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    come back, ceekay! we love being vicariously thrilled by the scent shopping of any sex, race, color, or creed !
    Hehe. Hi there!

I moved my post over to the guy's forum pretty much straight away. I guess I was just a bit too excited about my purchase and didn't check to see where I was at the time!

Im sampling from the INEKE line today. This sampler arrived earlier.

Love, Etc. by the Body Shop ( I still pop in hoping they will resurrect Heartfelt perfume oil...sigh)

don't care for top notes (too sweet) but mid and base are nice: wore it to bed and smelled pleasant waking up. Still in the trial stage for me...but at $25 not set back too much!

Last edited by JeanieE; 24th January 2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: picture not showing up...again...about to give up
    Forever in search of Heartfelt....

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/love-etc/prod1031319

can't get pictures to show up anymore...any more suggestions? I am following the BN site's directions exactly
    Forever in search of Heartfelt....

It's a little difficult to advise you without knowing what you've tried so far, but ...

Some sites block you from displaying their pictures directly from other sites (hotlinking). If that's the case you'll need to re-host the image somewhere else, or find another copy online.

The easiest way on BN is to right click the pic you want and copy its web location, then just use the insert image button on BN and paste the entire location in there.

My Hanae Mori bottle plus shower gel came today .The seller includes samples too.
    Speaking of samples Iwon a draw for some Honor'e des Pre's samples-Vamp a' NY,I <3 les carottes,and Love coco.The packaging is cute-samples in a paper coffee cup with lid and heat sleeve in a to-go paper bag.

My Chanel 31 rue Cambon came in today. It was a Chanel day all around, as I also ordered the Coco Chanel DVD and The Secret of Chanel #5 book. Here is the whole family posing for their pic with their new buds.

I bought a little 0.5 oz Cinema EdP today, from Ebay. I already have the edt so I'm excited to try them side by side.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

A LONG OVERDUE package arrived today... one that went MIA around New Years, and had me sweating bullets as it travelled across the planet!

Apres L'Ondee parfum 30ml. Some here may recall reading my debacle trying to secure a bottle of this a few months ago, but finally Lady Fortune smiled upon me.

And this little treasure from (I expect) perhaps the 40s - 20ml of Vol de Nuit extrait in the very early bottle. It has a thick brass stopper and sticky paper label instead of the brass name plaque.

Basenotes Plus

I am eyeing that bottle of Après L'Ondee Parfum with intense jealousy! Great purchase Dimi!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    I am eyeing that bottle of Après L'Ondee Parfum with intense jealousy! Great purchase Dimi!
    Thank you CPB. believe me, Ive been eyeing one for ages too... if this thread is anything to go by! i guess good things come to those who wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    i guess good things come to those who wait.
    I like to think so. I'm very happy for you! Congratulations!

I spent today in a several Sudanese and Ethiopian sundry shops, perusing fragrances. I had a few dozen conversations in which neither of us actually spoke each other's language, but it was very informative nonetheless. The look of utter contempt given to me by the fifteen-year-old son of one of the store's owners when I entered amused rather than offended (ah, to be so young, and knowing all things); but I was a trifle uncomfortable when women browed the same sections that I did. But there the discomfort was all mine, for none of them gave me a second look.

A surprise was the abundance of real oud - oud chips, filling bags and caskets, in various grades and origins. Very low quality I dare say. Probably mixed with synthetic resins. But it seems readily obtainable all the same. I purchased a bag of 'Oud Subah'.

I purchased the following al-Rehab fragrances: Red Rose, Lord, Al-Aseel (largely on what seemed to be the recommendation of somone working at the store - it appears to be very popular), and Al-Fares.

These are all pleasant enough. But by far my favourite acquisition by far is Mukhalat Aloudh, put out by Rasai. It is splendid. A beautiful, rose-suffused oud. _Slightly_ sweet only - and not in the conventional sense, for which I've limited tolerance. It is not dry, but it does not need to be, for there is a fullness to it like that of the better sandalwoods that seems to free it from the need for acerbic restraint. It makes me happy - I have been smiling when I breathe in its scent. Very smoothly-blended and natural-smelling indeed. Calming. And the only thing of its type that I possess. I have done some research into mukhallats today, and found that it appears this appears to be one of the lowest qualities ones. This is pleasant to hear - for in that case I am assured of some pleasant discoveries.

Basenotes Institution

A LONG OVERDUE package arrived today... one that went MIA around New Years, and had me sweating bullets as it travelled across the planet!

Apres L'Ondee parfum 30ml. Some here may recall reading my debacle trying to secure a bottle of this a few months ago, but finally Lady Fortune smiled upon me.

And this little treasure from (I expect) perhaps the 40s - 20ml of Vol de Nuit extrait in the very early bottle. It has a thick brass stopper and sticky paper label instead of the brass name plaque.

What happened to my other post? ?
    Anyway Dimi - as I said in a previous post......I'm swooning ,fainting! You just have a most wonderful collection Congratulations!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    What happened to my other post? ?
    Anyway Dimi - as I said in a previous post......I'm swooning ,fainting! You just have a most wonderful collection Congratulations!
    Mims, I think it was in response to my post in the Male Discussion Board... its still there And thank you once again! x

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Dimi- I'm going senile! LOL!

Dimi, if you acquire many more beautiful Guerlain goodies and keep posting their pictures I may stay in a permanent state of "the vapors"!
    (not that it's a bad thing mind you!)
    Gorgeous!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Another bottle of Honore des Pres Bonte's Bloom was £109.55 down to £12 in the SpaceNK sale. It would have been so rude not to buy at this price. Yes I know they have nil sillage, but I can smell them.
    DONNA

Have just ordered a bottle of Cuir de Lancome online, I'm just starting to get into leather fragrances and this one was going for a song.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Vintage Cristalle edt and edp(vaguely remember getting a sample years ago -I gave it to Mom _I was still in the can't-wear-the-same-as-Mom-mindset),Vintage Caleche parfum and edt(I've tried the vintage cologne and liked it.I hope these are even better.)
    Edit :No Mom didn't have a sample-or she used it up already !-well it was a few years back!
    She says it is good and that SHE likes it -if it so happens that I somehow don't.Blind buy !!
    Last edited by bookwyrmsmith; 25th January 2011 at 11:49 PM.

I bought Plum by Mary Greenwell yesterday.
    It's georgeous! Yes, it is fruity but it is a grown woman's perfume (nothing girly here!), very longlasting, powerful and elegant at the same time. I have to dress up for this one.

I pulled the trigger on a huge bottle of vintage Bandit yesterday. Right now I'm a little scared of somehow jinxing it (and also a little horrified at my recent tendency to buy more of things I already own in some form), so I'll refrain from the details until it's here and I can post a photo or two. Tummy full of butterflies.

Venezia and vintage Joy parfum arrived in mail today. Both are great! (I must admit I do not smell much difference between new and old Joy But it's nice to have spent only $35 on it!

Dimi, you make my mouth water. Lucky guy!

Cello, nice family picture.

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart 3.4oz (50% full)

From a great basenotes seller!
    Thanks again my friend

I did a blind buy, I bought Cuir de Lancome from Amazon. Since I had three gift certificate codes my cost was only $5!

I hope that I love it.

Basenotes Plus

seriously seriously jealous of Dimi's acquisitions!

Back in the blind buy and bargain basement portion of the world of scent, reporting on my purchases which arrived yesterday:

Tocadilly by Rochas- Very nice spring fragrance (actually liked it better than it's sister, Tocade)
    Arielle De Fragonard - Magnificent classic perfumery- thanking brielle87 for the review which inspired the purchase
    One Man Show by Bogart- (for reference) Oh yeah! Now, I need a dude to spray
    Sinan Lune- Jean Marc Sinan- Initial spray on card left impression of high quality but challenging top notes for me- will have to retest on skin
    Joop Femme- Yep, I'll be wearing this oriental baby
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

More treasures, this time from the East... my Cherry Blossom 30ml extrait came today... a long overdue package!

Last night I ordered Annick Goutal Sables, 100 ml, and Chine Imperiale, a discontinued room spray.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Today I bought a 50ml bottle of Tom of Finland by Etat Libre d'Orange. I used to have a bottle but I swapped it and have missed it ever since!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Just some No. 5 Émulsion pour le Corps...

Basenotes Plus

I picked up a two bottles of Prince Matchabelli oldies for $15 including shipping on Evil bay yesterday- one Windsong (which I've already got in spades), and one Stradivari which is why I bid.
    A Scent Rescuer

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    I picked up a two bottles of Prince Matchabelli oldies for $15 including shipping on Evil bay yesterday- one Windsong (which I've already got in spades), and one Stradivari which is why I bid.
    Ooh! I adore those little crown-shaped bottles. Nice buy knit_at_nite!

Isn't everyone enjoying Dimitri's collection? Honestly, aside from putting together a heart stopping Guerlain museum, your photography skills make them all the more exciting! When I see you've posted, my mouse clicking finger trembles in anticipation!!!!!!

My own January purchases are:

Chanel Exclusifs, #18
    Jean Desprez, Bal a Versailles parfum & edt.
    Bvlgari, Omnia
    Histoires de Parfum, Noir Patchouli

And as always, a few assorted samples and small decants from TPC!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 28th January 2011 at 01:14 AM.

ARPEGE and MY SIN extrait

I just got these today. Arpege really reminds me of Amouage -and to some extent Chamade.

My Sin strikes me as a more luxurious Bal a Versailles.

My Sin is probably more me, but Arpege is truly beautiful.

sean-dt: I have a set of the extraits just like that, I wondered when you posted. I love that little boxed set!

Quote Originally Posted by sean-dt View Post
    I just got these today. My Sin is probably more me, but Arpege is truly beautiful.
    I got them two days ago from the same source.
    I am keeping the Arpege since it is quite tricky to get a really well preserved one and the My Sin is for my mom.

Just purchased a bottle of Barbara Bui Le Parfum after reading Nava's review on PP.

Jailia.
    Think it will be even better in summer but it is like liquid sunshine for me now. Early birthday present from me to me since January was my 'extra paycheck effect' month, and to take advantage of the last few days of free shipping @ the Luckyscent.
    After I worked through 2 samples and got another I figured I really wanted it...
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 28th January 2011 at 07:16 PM.

Blog Entries

OMG! Lady fortune did more than smile, I'd say, she did something downright inappropriate!
    How lovely. Are they both as beautiful smelling as they look?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by bogsc View Post
    Just purchased a bottle of Barbara Bui Le Parfum after reading Nava's review on PP.
    It's become quite a favorite of mine, too, after our dear Bner N_Tesla sang it's praises. may you enjoy as much.
    A Scent Rescuer

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I just won an almost full 50ml bottle of
    Insolence de Guerlain, limited edition in
    the classic Guerlain flacon ... yay!

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    OMG! Lady fortune did more than smile, I'd say, she did something downright inappropriate!
    How lovely. Are they both as beautiful smelling as they look?
    Lol!
    Thanks kumquat. The Apres L'Ondee smells phenomenal, however the VdN has turned a little with age. Fortunately I have sufficient juice from another bottle to either replace the parfum inside, OR I'll just leave the current juice in there to display the bottle where I don't have to worry so much about heat/light.

Chanel Coco edp arrived today .On Ebay I also bought a sample of Kelly Caleche$3.Today being payday I HAD to check the discounters-at Ross I bought Bulgari Rose essential $21,Tracy $5,and Badgley Mischka lotion for $.99!
    At Tjmaxx all I bought was a bottle of Pecksniffs moisturizing hand soap in Festive for about $6-smells like orange spice tea to me.Yum!

YSL - Opium (original) edp 50ml [this brings back old memories]
    Britney Spears - Hidden Fantasy 100ml
    Caron - Pour Un Homme edt 125 ml

A mini (10ml) of Womanity - still not sure about it, but it will stop me from compulsively sniffing the tester every time I see it, plus I love the bottle.
    Also an old favourite, Dolce & Gabbana (in the red flock box) - it takes me back about 20 years I think !

Must stop buying for a while, now :-)

Yesterday at Ross they had a 3.4 oz bottle of Samsara for $42 +tax -I passed on that.Went home bid on a 1oz edp + 6.8oz lotion and won that today for $14.99+$6 shipping.Also won a bottle of alcohol free Escada Sport Country Weekend$10.Much better pricewise! (I'll still keep an eye on the Samsara at Ross -if it drops lowwer it may get adopted!)

Today I bought a 30ml decant of Fragonard's Belle de Soleil on sale at The Perfumed Court. So excited - I've been looking for a smaller amount than the 200 ml available on the Fragonard site. Also ordered samples of Fragonard Miranda and Grain de Soleil and Chanel's Bel Respiro. Yay! 30 ml is the perfect size for me. I look for 15 or 30 ml whenever I can, so I'm pretty sure this was meant to be.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Diva edp by Ungaro. Bought some of this for my mum at Christmas since she used to wear it in the 80s when it first came out, but then it disappeared from the shops. I was half hoping that she wouldn't like it anymore so I could keep it, but no such luck! All set for the '80s powerhouse' synch Friday on 11 Feb

Sur la Plage

Parfums MDCI Invasion Barbare - a birthday gift

Notes include grapefruit, bergamot, violet leaves, white thyme, cardamom, lavender, ginger, cedarwood, vanilla and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Congrats Joe and a very happy scented birthday - you always smell good !

I bought some more Ginger Essence- when I get started with this jus , it goes like anything.