Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Today I Bought.... JANUARY 2011 !!!

New Year, and I fired quite spontaneously...
    Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur has crossed my path too often. I know Jicky in all concentrations I think and like it, but I never felt the urge to own a full bottle.
    I think MdM is much more my style and a rather safe blind buy... anyway, time for something from the men's section for me
    PS: Vintage packaging it was, should be even better then.

Default Re: Today I Bought.... JANUARY 2011 !!!

Hi Larimar! Happy new year to you! I'm a big fan of Jicky too and I always associate it with winter. I even wore it yesterday to celebrate the coming of the new year My cousin literally said, "Oh my God! Oh my God! You smell faaaabulous!" Yup...Jicky does that to people! You're gonna be extra happy with MdM. I always wear it in the hottest of the summer months. Enjoy!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I've just bought 200ml of this gorgeous juice! Yay!

Hi scent! My best wishes for a great new year for you as well! Funny, our paths are crossing again... you sure must be a fabulous smelling chap! I'd befriend you again in an instant. Look forward to my MdM very much, yes!

Mmmmh, need to revisit No.22 since it left quite an impression on me, although Chanel is tough for me (not my style usually)!

Blog Entries

I have just received my New Year's gifts:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I've just bought 200ml of this gorgeous juice! Yay!

I congratulate Your Majesty with a fragrant dream coming true!!

Just hit 'buy' on some Extravagance d'Amarige, the 'Mythical' reissue. I have the original in the curvy bottle and red Amarige-style packaging (even though the juice is nothing like Amarige IMO), but my curiosity about the new one got the better of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    I congratulate Your Majesty with a fragrant dream coming true!!
    Thank you, Your Ladyship!

Ok...it was late last night, but I just bought a nearly full bottle of Ubar from a wonderful Basenoter. Can't wait to get my hot little hands on it. Also waiting for my attar of Homage to arrive this next week. What a way to start the New Year!!!

I've just gotten home from one of my friend's house.
    She had called me, and said she had a surprice for me.
    She'd remembered me talking about this frag some time
    ago, and had bought me 100ml ... yay, how sweet!

Duckie, what a great friend!

My 1st purchase of 2011: Chanel Coromandel, the 2.5oz. from Chanel.com. Begged Customer service to PLEASE get the others down-sized ASAP. Still want 28 La Pausa and Bel Respiro! Not everybody lives next door to a boutique, after all.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Coffret Set, 5 Mini 0.5oz Calvin Klein
    Eternity, Obsession, Obsession Night, Truth, Escape

Coffret Set, 4 Mini 0.13oz Cartier
    -Declaration, Declaration Essence, Eau de Cartier, Eau de Cartier Concentree

Mugler Cologne 2.5oz by Thierry Mugler

I did not fulfill the deal, my first 2011 fragrance purchased its not Egoiste!
    But that was some great deals.

My boss gave me Idol Moments for a late Christmas gift-it smells of undefined berries and Iso E super /cedarish -it's okay .
    Went thrifting and bought Sunrise by Avon (similar to EA Sunflowers)$.27 also bought a practically brand new scratchy post for my three kittys for $3.26! A Late Meowwy Christmas!
    At the other Thrift shop I bought a set of EA Sunflowers $2,and a bottle of CA Woman by Chris Adams smells a lot like Idol Moments but with more fruit.
    Returned unwanted duplicates back to TJ Maxx and now I have $41 and nothing there is grabbing me -when I'm broke then everything will yell BUY ME NOW!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I Bought.... JANUARY 2011 !!!

Coromandel by Chanel.

Despite a resolution not to buy much in the way of perfume this
    year and to enjoy what I already have, I couldn't resist a bottle of
    Douceur De Vanille (Les Nereides) for £5 in TKMAXX!
    I never can resist a bargain.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I just committed to buy a full, sealed vintage 1/4 oz. bottle of Youth Dew parfum, and a half full 30 ml bottle of vintage Miss Dior, EdT, probably 70's or 80's. I already own Youth Dew in a couple of concentrations, parfum among them, so it seems I'm officially hoarding vintage back-up bottles now. Damn.
    Youth Dew in parfum is one of the most sumptuous, decadent things it has ever been my pleasure to smell, though, so clearly I need more of it. And the bottle is pretty, too.

I am really looking forward to adding Miss Dior to my wardrobe as well, although it will probably break my heart - I do enjoy the current version, after all.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I Bought.... JANUARY 2011 !!!

Opoponax Intense by Ava Luxe.

Bought Winter by Color Me Beautiful $5.99 BIN +free shipping -totally free for me since I used Ebay bucks for it .Two more left if anyone else is interested . I listed the notes in the thread I started.

Byredo - Oud Immortelle

Ordered Dior Escale a Portofino (ready for summer !) & Matthew Williamson Incense (a cheapie bargain)

Creed Fleurs de The Rose Bulgare ^^

Gucci Accenti 1oz edt capless ,boxless ,and it's about 7/8ths full for $20.50 + shipping !
    Snoopy dance time everybody!

White Patchouli 1.7oz by Tom Ford

and...
    OMG, i bought more 2 Black Orchid.

Black Orchid Gift Set EDP 1.7oz + 5oz Body Lotion
    Black Orchid 50ml EDP (used, 75%)

I need to take care with my love to Black Orchid. Now i have 3 bottles (3.4oz and 2x 1.7oz) and 1 Voile de Fleur (1.7oz)

Amazing Fragrance

- Brecourt samples of all their range (these were for free)

- SL samples (Datura Noir, Fille en Aiguilles, 5 O'Clock au Gingembre, Feminité de Bois, Nuit de Cellophane, Rousse and Douce Amère)

- TM Womanity travel spray with refill

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    Byredo - Oud Immortelle
    Oh, I must go and sample that one! How prominent is the immortelle in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    TM Womanity travel spray with refill
    I thought of you when this was all the buzz - I take it it helps you scratch your ripe figgy itches, huh?! I wanted to like it, but I guess I didn't give it enough of a chance. I'll probably give it another try the next time I'm near a tester.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

A really expensive non perfume item, so I will be living without new fragrances for a while!
    Bookwyrmsmith, I do love Accenti!

Can't believe I just spent $85 on SAMPLES from LS.
    (Of course, it includes several Xerjoffs, but still...)

Speaking of samples, I would rather pay an extra dollar or so and get a spray sample vs a dabber.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Some facial products from Sephora and received a free mini of Fresh Citron de Vigne as well as samples of Stella, Prada L'Eau Ambrée, and Lady Million. Not much, but I haven't had any new frags to try in a while. I already had two of those samples, so happy to swap if someone wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I thought of you when this was all the buzz - I take it it helps you scratch your ripe figgy itches, huh?! I wanted to like it, but I guess I didn't give it enough of a chance. I'll probably give it another try the next time I'm near a tester.
    I liked it as soon as I sprayed it on skin... On paper, it's even louder... On skin, or at least on mine, it's a very ripe fig near the shore evolving to fig tree woods... Just like if you were sitting under a fig tree near the beach (do they even grow there???)...

Do give it a second chance... Might grow into you...

Cerruti Image Woman 2.5 oz new in cello box $10.50 +$4.50 shipping used part of a ebay gift card from my brother so it was free !
    This has been on my want to get eventually list since I was about 16.

Basenotes Institution

Creed 2000 Fleurs from Xmen. He is a godsend- what would I do without Xmen and his grand sale ???

This is more or less a blind buy for me- yeah ,shocking behavior from Mims .
    I believe I tried this one at Neimans in Vegas but honestly, it escapes my memory . I could have tried Creed's Fantasia de Fleurs whatsit by Creed too so I could be confused.......now, people, if this is not a good jus, please don't tell me now. I want to smell like their ad copy - 2000 flowers and the 21st century woman .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sur la Plage

Parfumerie Generale - Aomassai

Notes include caramel, toasted hazelnuts, licorice, bitter orange, spices, wenge wood, vetiver, balsam wood, incense, dried grasses and resins.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

Byredo M/Mink

Notes include adoxal, incense, patchouli, honey and amber.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've dithered about Chanel No. 22 for ages, but finally bought it today from a Chanel boutique in London, just have to wait for it to arrive now. They included a sample of No. 22 and a couple others when I bought Gardenia last time, which got me hooked, I wonder what they'll thow in this time.

Ordinarily I would not brag about this, but I can tell you guys because you understand -- I bought a set of Dana minis at Big Lots. It has Navy (which used to a Cover Girl fragrance), Heaven Sent, Chantilly, and Tabu in the little violin bottle. Navy was pretty awful when I tried it yesterday, but I tried it again today (I couldn't resist) and it was less awful. I can see where it might have been nice at one time, and I read online somewhere that Boucheron is the way to go if you're looking for this type of fragrance. I tried the Chantilly and I liked that one. Very soft & clean smelling powdery/floral/amber, not obnoxious at all. I would wear that after a warm shower in the evening to get cozy in. Heaven Sent reminds me a bit of a cheapo Estee by Estee Lauder. Everybody knows what ole Tabu smells like. My next purchase, whatever it will be, can only be a step up.

I'm so excited! I finally got my hands on a bottle of Iris Silver Mist!
    A friend bought it back from Paris for me yesterday...and it includes a set of the solid samples of the non-export line.

Basenotes Plus

Congrats C Rose! Looks wonderful.

I needed a little TLC after a very tough WEEK 1 of 2011. Hoping the rest of the year does not follow this trend.

Stopped by the mall for a 10 minue mall-mash chair massage- (you know the type where they dig their elbows into your pressure points unil you cry for mercy- LOVE!) Then ran into BBW and checked out the Lemon Vanilla 30 Roses mentioned was on 75% sale. I reminded me of L'Occitane Honey & Lemon so I picked up a bottle of spray and shower gel.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I just got home from my first flea market this year,
    and my oh my, I got lucky ... as usual!

109ml Monsieur de Givenchy, vintage EdT splash
    50ml Joséphine de Rancé 1795, EdP
    40ml Asja de Fendi, EdT (man, that flacon is U.G.L.Y.)
    30ml Prada N°4 Fleur d'Oranger, EdT?
    20ml Champagne, vintage (obviously) EdT
    3,5ml Miss Dior, vintage parfum
    5ml 4711 Tosca

I'm very excited about this one. As I understand
    it's an exclusive predecessor to Infusion de Fleur
    d'Oranger
    . Can anybody tell me something about
    this fragrance?!

Can any of you date this parfum?
    It say 'Ref. 7201 (471 10425)'
    on the back of the box.

Cacharel Lou Lou 50 ml
    Youth Dew bath oil - 2 small bottles (vintage) plus partial bottle of Aromatic Elixir (being a part of the batch)

Prada No 4 is from Prada's exclusive line with 10 fragrances focusing on one or two notes as the major theme (I have No 1 Iris and No 3 Cuir Ambre). They are parfum strength. It seems like they were all discontinued recently, but don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    They are parfum strength.
    Yay ... 30ml parfum!

Honore Des Pres Sexy Angelic. Yes I know the staying power of a Mayfly, but SpaceNK had it down to £22 and I had a £5 voucher so for £17 just went for it.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Yay ... 30ml parfum!
    That's one of the best orange blossoms on the market today, if not the best! Treasure it your highness!

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    ... your highness!
    Aah, I do love it, when ppl respect my rank and authority,
    and address me accordingly!

La Perla 1.7oz blind bought based on Hillare's Unsung Treasures thread.I had success with Parfum Prive by the same house and scent recomendation source so I figure I will like it.
    $16.50+ $5 shipping-$10 gift card from brother (finished using)so it was only $11.50!

Blog Entries

Your Highness, how lucky you are!
    Asja may have an ugly flacon, but it's a sought after discontinued scent, as you know, and original Champagne... meow!! Lucky Duck, I mean, Le Duc!

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Asja may have an ugly flacon, but it's a sought after discontinued scent, as you know.
    Yes, I do know. I've been after a bottle ever since
    a BNer send me an Asja mini some months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post

Speaking of samples, I would rather pay an extra dollar or so and get a spray sample vs a dabber.
    Me, too, Lessa, me too.

Fragonard's Fleur de Vanille arrived today, totally unsniffed. Evangeline made me do it.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I just did a last few minutes bid on a barely used half ounce bottle of Ralph Lauren Safari (womens harder to find) and won!
    On the other hand I've lost the high bid on some Krizia/Chanel/Ferre/SL;Krizia/Chanel/Ferre/Tocade;several minis and sample lots and a coffret of Lanvin Scandal,Ruemer,My Sin,Arpege.(I don't win all the time either.Dad says it's good and keeps me humble not feeling entitled.Me -I say it keeps me financially solvent!)

Basenotes Plus

OK...OK... now stop the Asja flacon bashingLDG (and Warum) right now.
    I have one of those Asja flacons and I think it is most attractive. Reminds me of Japanese laquerware. In fact I think I like the flacon better than I liked the juice.
    Chacun a son gout and all that, eh?

Another good haul LDG
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

posted on wrong forum

Quote Originally Posted by coopmom View Post
    Fragonard's Fleur de Vanille arrived today, totally unsniffed. Evangeline made me do it.
    Oh oh. I just noticed that you only gave it 2 stars - how completely disappointing! Even though I absolutely refuse to take the blame for your ordering this without sniffing (you've seen the warnings!) I'm so sorry you don't care for it ...and I'm very surprised. I figured a beautiful vanilla would be a cakewalk for Fragonard! Ugh ...how could they do this to us?

So what seems to be the problem with it? Too much chocolate?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Oh oh. I just noticed that you only gave it 2 stars - how completely disappointing! Even though I absolutely refuse to take the blame for your ordering this without sniffing (you've seen the warnings!) I'm so sorry you don't care for it ...and I'm very surprised. I figured a beautiful vanilla would be a cakewalk for Fragonard! Ugh ...how could they do this to us?

So what seems to be the problem with it? Too much chocolate?
    Did I give it 2 stars? I just meant to highlight it as not in the Fragrance Directory. No, I like it very much! And maybe you will, too . I don't really know it well enough to rate it yet...but I think it will be at least 4*...
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet $3.99 +$4 shipping .It's hard to tell exactly how full the bottle is and the seller didn't specify size -it could be a 30ml or a 5ml bottle the picture is a bit fuzzy .It seems to be about 1/3 full at the very least.And Ebay samples in Penhaligons usually run $8.99 possibly + shipping too .I hope the citrus is still good!

Kenzo Flower Oriental. I'm hoping that it somehow scratches my itch for a bottle of Penhaligon's Zizonia. (Yeah, highly logical, I know.)

Not fume related, but I'm very excited anyway... Vintage Lanvins from the 80's...

I need to know how to scent them, though... I'll figure it out...

Just ordered some Eau des Merveilles, which was love at first sniff for me, and some Agent Provocateur Maitresse. Also some samples are on the way: Portrait of a Lady, Felanilla, Parfum Sacre, Habanita, Quelques Fleurs, Chergui and Eau Claire des Merveilles.

coopmom - goody! I'm so relieved, and extra-pleased that you like it!

OMG, Baldufita - those are awesome! They're in such good shape, too! Fragrance-wise, they remind me of vivacious and voluptuous florals, like Chloe or Oscar de la Renta, or Ysatis! But I always automatically think vintage. For something more current that I know you have and love, I think Black Orchid would be a good match for them! But I suppose it also depends on what else you might be wearing with them ...you should have lots of fun creating outfits around them!

I hit SpaceNK's sale again, this time it was chrismtas gifts for 2011 and birthday gifts too.
    Their own brand fragrance all £35 down to £8.75 so I bought Champaca and Santalrosa two of each. Two Santalrosa gift sets down to £12.50 and two Life NK trio bath/shower gel sets.

For myself Honore Des Pres Vamp A NY edp down from £69 to £17
    DONNA