Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Y'know, I'm starting to like it!

1) Gaultier^2 I'd heard about this unisex fragrance awhile back and thought nothing of it. In my never ending search for the perfect vanilla, I decided to buy it totally blind for $20. I read lots of reviews and tried to get a feel for the notes...and upon first smelling it. HAH! What is this stuff? Smells like a grandmother with bad breath. I left it to die in the back of my "juice box". Here I am a month or so later smelling it and I have to say I'm enjoying it! The opening is still just a giant "who thought of this?!" but after only a minute it sweetens up, the vanilla kicks out whatever that god awful smell is and I enjoy it. I recall reading someone saying it has a buttercream feel to it, and it really does. I'm glad I smelled this again, I might actually start to wear it.

2) What's a fragrance you've changed your mind on for better or worse? I know we all have, but what stands out the most?

Default Re: Y'know, I'm starting to like it!

Same fragrance, reverse experience! I received Gaultier2 as a gift. I liked it at first and wore it for a few months. Over-applied it one evening and caused a small scene in a cinema. While I love vanilla, this one became too sweet and cloying for me. My girlfriend wears it a tiny dab at a time, which is OK...
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I kind of like it.... but it doesn't really inspire me to wear it. Too many other things in my wardrobe that I prefer to wear so I didn't but it.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Blog Entries

Gaultier² is one particular fragrance that I personally found too sweet. But that's just me.

For me a fragrance situation like this would probably be Guerlain Vetiver, which used to be headache inducing for me, (even though I'm a vetiver fanatic!), but now I've changed my mind and I'm a bit easier on it. I'd like to try the vintage.

Aveda Men Pure-Formance Aroma Spray is a fragrance I HATED at first, but I came to like it for its unique scent, a large part of that probably owing to me using the Aveda Men hair products that have the same scent. It is now one of my go-to fragrances.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Sampled it and it was just awful!!! I like sweet scents but this is a bad kind of sweet. One of the worst frags i sampled.

The first time i tested it, i didn't like Gaultier 2, but then i ended getting a sample of it at a sample swap with a friend. It seemed a sweet good amber fragrance on me, with something nutty maybe. This was the first fragrance i bought when i started to my first internship. While i had good experiences with it, ended being a fragrance that i don't wear, and i thought that my mom would like it, so i gave to her my bottle.

I had the opposite reaction with Kilian Back to Black. The first time i wore it, i loved it, found it a more tobacco cousin of ambre narguile. But wearing it more times i found an annoying smoked flower aroma on me, which i hated and seemed to last forever on me. So i started to hate it and had to sell my bottle.

Epic Man. I hated it because all I could smell was a pencil sharpener and spending $300 for that was flat out dumb in my mind. But, a second sample arrived in a different order and, quite frankly, it has well won me over enough that a 100ml bottle happily lives in our home.

I actually like Gaultier 2 a lot but haven't revisited it in quite a while.

I think the most important (to me) turnaround has been Dior Homme. I'm still not a huge fan of the first couple of hours, but I think the drydown is excellent. It didn't work for me until I was able to appreciate leather notes, and then it all came together.

I also like Gaultier 2 more and more. I wasnt impressed much at first and thought its very feminine but it has some sexiness to it and when I put it on and look into mirror I feel like its perfect match lol.. Doesnt happen with many fragrances to me.

Biggest turnaround was probably Joop Nightflight. At first, I was really disappointed and it smelled too "retro" to me. Now I find it perfectly masculine and for some reason women likes it too.
    TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme
    4. Dior Homme Intense

I wore Gaultier 2 briefly when I was in Italy on vacation and came across a cheap big bottle of it.
    While I still think it's great, I can't wear it now, as my wife often wears it.
    Renato

A*men. I must have sampled it atleast 6 times but I never liked it. The other week I gave it another try and this time I liked it.
    I bought a litte bottle and I got to say that I enjoy wearing it.

Blog Entries

The first time I sampled Burberry Brit I thought it was horrible. Weeks later, something told me to sample it again. It started growing on me, & about a month later I sprung for a 100ml bottle of it. It's been a staple in my wardrobe for about 5 years.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia