Code of Conduct

Thread: Zirh Ikon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zirh Ikon

I tested this scent out yesterday as it was on sale for $20. After having it on my wrist for half an hour I went back and bought it for $10, as I had a $10 voucher from a previous purchase.

I wore it today and thought it extremely pleasant - though difficult to describe, sort of like a cross between the tar of Bvlgari Black crossed with the incense of Gucci Rush crossed with the thickness of Goutal's Duel.

It doesn't project a great amount, but one doesn't always require great amounts of sillage.

Does anybody else like it?
    Cheers,
    Renato

Default Re: Zirh Ikon

I adore it.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's excellent. One of the best inexpensive fragrances in recent years.

It's not bad, but too cold and metallic for my tastes. YSL's Nu has similar notes, particularly the incense, but it's slightly warmer, smoother and muskier. I like that Ikon doesn't smell generic (or aquatic), though.

It's like Mambo for Men, except that it's less "synthetic" and some of the superfluous notes have been eliminated. Overall, good for those who want a sweet and spicy, dry incense frag, but don 't want to spend much.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get much sweetness from zirh, which is why I appreciate it.
    I would love another version of it with better quality ingredients, higher concentration and with more emphasis to certain notes.
    for the price it's great. I have two 125ml bottles.

dry incenspicies are rare in mainstream frags. shame azzaro visit and gucci rush are not around anymore.

I don't think it's got that cotton candy note in it, if that's what you mean. Sweetness is relative. If you are used to really sweet frags, then Ikon may impress you as not sweet at all.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah that's what I mean. I'm really not a fan of obviously sweet scents. It's just when sweet is uttered in the forums, I find it usually means vanillin overdrive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I enjoy it to. Courderoy though, is a stinker to me.

Cheers Rex
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys,
    This one seems to be appreciated more than I thought it would be.

I agree it's not a sweet scent, nor a particularly warm scent. But I don't find it metallic though. More tar-ish though.

Bigsley - I can't really see the connection to Mambo for Men (which I also own), but I'm going from memory, as I'm not at home at the moment and so can't do a direct comparison.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I also see no connection between Mambo and this. Mambo is a very synthetic orange/peach fragrance. Ikon is a clove/incense/cinnamon. Renato, you stumbled across a fantastic deep fragrance. It's quite cheap as well. I get a dark clove/cinnamon/incense, with a rubber note/accord in the dry down. Also lasts exceptionally long. Good stuff indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Ikon is good stuff. The deo stick is even better!

Post Thanks / Like

The drydown is very similar to Dunhill Edition. Ikon is really good, especially for the price range.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Post Thanks / Like

It's abit embarrassing that I get so many compliments when I wear such an inexpensive scent.

Great fragrance.
    My motto for life: "If you have to choose, choose BOTH."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I also see no connection between Mambo and this. Mambo is a very synthetic orange/peach fragrance. Ikon is a clove/incense/cinnamon. Renato, you stumbled across a fantastic deep fragrance. It's quite cheap as well. I get a dark clove/cinnamon/incense, with a rubber note/accord in the dry down. Also lasts exceptionally long. Good stuff indeed.
    It certainly is an unusual scent for the price.
    I wonder if the name puts people off?
    I must admit that not knowing the brand at all, just looking at the bottle and packaging, I wasn't sure if it was one of those cheaper type scents that have never been expensive.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Ikon is good stuff. The deo stick is even better!
    Is the stick stronger, or different in some way?
    Regards,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    The drydown is very similar to Dunhill Edition. Ikon is really good, especially for the price range.
    I have Edition. I'll have to compare when I get back home.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silleur View Post
    It's abit embarrassing that I get so many compliments when I wear such an inexpensive scent.

Great fragrance.
    Or is it more embarrassing to have spent much more money on much less effective scents?
    Cheers,
    Renato

I like the opening, but there's too much dry incense in the drydown for me. I would have preferred it without the strong incense.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I like it quite a bit, very unique scent. I really haven't smelled anything like it and I am still not exactly sure what I am smelling besides some incense and spices but it's very nice and very different. Love the black bottle and the magnetic cap $$ has a nice sprayer also.

Absolutely doesn't smell as cheap as you can find it for.
    Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.

I've tried it but I didn't like,I'm not sure why...Maybe because of the presence of certain weird note(not sure what) or because of some imbalance of the notes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karisuma View Post
    I like the opening, but there's too much dry incense in the drydown for me. I would have preferred it without the strong incense.
    I was a fan of Gucci Rush because of it's incense. But that would stop functioning after two hours on me. Though it would reactivate whenever I later perspired, or washed it in the shower. So I'm happy with the long lasting incense I get out of this one.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    Yep I like it quite a bit, very unique scent. I really haven't smelled anything like it and I am still not exactly sure what I am smelling besides some incense and spices but it's very nice and very different. Love the black bottle and the magnetic cap $$ has a nice sprayer also.

Absolutely doesn't smell as cheap as you can find it for.
    I like the magnetic cap too. It has a certain class about it.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    I've tried it but I didn't like,I'm not sure why...Maybe because of the presence of certain weird note(not sure what) or because of some imbalance of the notes.
    I felt a bit unsure about it for the first half hour, probably for similar reasons to yours. I don't mind a bit of discord in notes - it often keeps me sniffing scents for longer than I otherwise would.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Is the stick stronger, or different in some way?
    Regards,
    Renato
    If memory serves me right, it's a little smoother, and it's long-lasting. Does a great job. Not really much different from the EDT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    If memory serves me right, it's a little smoother, and it's long-lasting. Does a great job. Not really much different from the EDT.
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to say that it's niche in a bottle earlier, but I was sure to get ridiculed. I really don't care though, it's high quality, great longevity and takes a risk, which to me, defines niche, as far as frags go.

You said you're not familiar with Zirh. I gotta recommend you try Corduroy if you ever see it. It's amazing.. longevity is spotty though, but the scent itself is so good. One of my my absolute favorites just based on the smell. THe original Zirh isn't bad either, though it also lacks in the longevity department. It's a fresh type fragrance, with a well executed cucumber note that lasts the entire time. Very soothing and relaxing.. possibly unisex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I wanted to say that it's niche in a bottle earlier, but I was sure to get ridiculed. I really don't care though, it's high quality, great longevity and takes a risk, which to me, defines niche, as far as frags go.

You said you're not familiar with Zirh. I gotta recommend you try Corduroy if you ever see it. It's amazing.. longevity is spotty though, but the scent itself is so good. One of my my absolute favorites just based on the smell. THe original Zirh isn't bad either, though it also lacks in the longevity department. It's a fresh type fragrance, with a well executed cucumber note that lasts the entire time. Very soothing and relaxing.. possibly unisex.
    I think that's a fair call about it being niche-like. It also reminds me of L'Artisan's Dzing (which is reminscent of Bvlgari Black to me).

As for the other Zirh scents, I haven't seen them down here - though I may have missed them in the one chain that currently stocks Ikon. I'll scan their shelves next time I go past them.
    Regards,
    Renato

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it but I wish they'd tweak it a bit. I have Ikon and the original, don't care for the original Zirh.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Post Thanks / Like

Great bargain scent......perfect cool weather/winter holiday fragrance.

- regards
    FOR SALE CHEAP !!.....two blind buys that didn't work for me : 4.2oz CORDUROY by Zirh EDT and 3.4 oz CADILLAC EDT; both like new !

Post Thanks / Like

Renato, did you get it from Perfume Connection? Coz I saw it there yesterday for $19.
    Guess I'll be back there tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunter View Post
    Renato, did you get it from Perfume Connection? Coz I saw it there yesterday for $19.
    Guess I'll be back there tomorrow
    That's the place. Put it on and wander around the shops a bit before you buy it. That was what decided me.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Great bargain scent......perfect cool weather/winter holiday fragrance.

- regards
    I've been wearing it as my warm summery (though not hot) holiday scent.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

yeah it's perfect for shiny days.
    it's not that sweet to be limited to autumn/winter

I saw this post today, and encouraged by good opinions, I bought it very cheap today. 14,99 pounds gift set. Ikon EDT 125ml, plus 200ml shower gel... And free delivery

http://www.theperfumeshop.com/pws/Pr...ProductID=9883

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I personally found it to be quite mediocre and not worth purchasing, even at the discounted price at Marshalls/TJ Maxx.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-K View Post
    I saw this post today, and encouraged by good opinions, I bought it very cheap today. 14,99 pounds gift set. Ikon EDT 125ml, plus 200ml shower gel... And free delivery

http://www.theperfumeshop.com/pws/Pr...ProductID=9883
    Let's hope you are one of the one's who is pleased with it.
    Cheers,
    Renato