Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Profumum Arso and Battito d’ali

From nstperfume.com:

Italian niche line Profumum has launched two new fragrances, Arso and Battito d’ali:

Arso ~ “Outside the first snow was falling and the wind was caressing the leaves of the pine trees. Inside the chalet the company of a good red wine mingled with the notes of a beautiful jazz music. You and I hugging on an old sofa and around us the smell of a crackling fireplace, the white smoke of a precious incense and the warm scent of pine resin.” With notes of cedar leaves, leather, incense and pine resin.

Battito d’ali ~ “Immanent and transcendent! What is the smell of a fluttering of an angel? Who has ever heard it?” With cocoa powder, orange flowers, myrrh and vanilla.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: Profumum Arso and Battito d’ali

Curious names. Arso means burnt (as in the word arson), and the expression "arso vivo" means burnt alive, so it suggests a terrifying smoke (as if the whole chalet had burnt down, including said sofa and its occupants). Battito d'ali (wing flutter) suggests instead the palest fragrance.

cacio

Interesting descriptions. I would like to try these. I wish this house's fragrances were a little less pricey (or that they offered smaller bottles).

Ohh...I like pine and incense scents, and I like vanilla scents too.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Basenotes Institution

They both sound interesting. The name Arso made me do a double-take.

Arso sounds worth a try. I've liked a few from this house, but haven't found any FBW yet. In large part, due to the hefty price tag and hefty-sized bottles. I'm mean seriously, how many lifetimes would it take for me to go through 100 ml of Fumidus for heavens sake?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Curious names. Arso means burnt (as in the word arson), and the expression "arso vivo" means burnt alive, so it suggests a terrifying smoke (as if the whole chalet had burnt down, including said sofa and its occupants). Battito d'ali (wing flutter) suggests instead the palest fragrance.

cacio
    Thanks for the translations.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Interesting descriptions. I would like to try these. I wish this house's fragrances were a little less pricey (or that they offered smaller bottles).
    I agree.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Mike:

"The name Arso made me do a double-take. "
    I had not thought about that ... The company is Italian, and in Italian there's no such double-take, the name is different (similar to the french and I presume spanish word). But they should have known better. Perhaps it's intentional... in which case, must be quite a smell!

cacio

Has anyone tried these yet? I'm especially interested in Arso. I noticed Lucky Scent has it now.

it's so funny, I've been missing my CdG Spicy Cocoa which is an orange chocolate neccowafer type fragrance I sold half a bottle... especially after wearing Armani Prive Cuir Amytheste and enjoying it so much recently. Now Profumum seems to be coming to the rescue! The other one sounds really great too... I love profumum...

OK, I have Arso on right now. It's a fabulous pine fragrance and it also has a nice bit of smoke and incense. It's like a cross between Black Tourmaline, Fille en Aiguilles, and Avignon. If you're a fan of any of those fragrances, you must get a sample of this one. I may actually bite the bullet and spend $240 on it. Of course, the next question I have to ponder is: If I have the three I mentioned, do I really need this one? I don't know, but it's awfully damn good.

Thanks for your review Tony I love all of those fragrances so I think this will make a great addition - and at Profumum quality... MMMM! How is the sillage and longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    OK, I have Arso on right now. It's a fabulous pine fragrance and it also has a nice bit of smoke and incense. It's like a cross between Black Tourmaline, Fille en Aiguilles, and Avignon. If you're a fan of any of those fragrances, you must get a sample of this one. I may actually bite the bullet and spend $240 on it. Of course, the next question I have to ponder is: If I have the three I mentioned, do I really need this one? I don't know, but it's awfully damn good.

I'm not sure about the sillage. As far as longevity goes, I put it on last night along with two Serge Lutens scents. This morning, I can still detect both SLs, but not Arso. So, I'd say the longevity is not great, but how many hours it lasted, I don't know. My guess would be that the other three I compared it to (BT, Avignon, FeA) have greater longevity. I do plan to test it again, though. It smells great.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    Oh, Arso sounds wonderful. However, now that we're exiting cool weather (at least here in Miami), I think I might have to wait to sample this in the fall/winter.

How smoky is it?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Oh, Arso sounds wonderful. However, now that we're exiting cool weather (at least here in Miami), I think I might have to wait to sample this in the fall/winter.

How smoky is it?
    Hi, Mike. It does seem more like a fall/winter scent. It's pretty smokey but not as smokey as Black Tourmaline. I have some on today and there's also a bit of wood sappy sweetness in it. I think I'd now add Chene to the list of fragrances it reminds me a bit of. If it were cheaper, I'd probably buy it at this point, but although I spend a lot of money on fragrances, I hate spending $240 on a single one. That's why I've still not purchased Fumidus, although I think it's great in its crazy, over-the-top way. I imagine that Arso will be thought of as much more wearable by most people.

I have to disagree with Tonyprice as to what Arso smells like. What it really smells most like in the opening is profumum olibanum! it's almost identical. then a wee bit of pine and whatever else is in there what is called smoke (where are the iso super police on this? has anybody complained yet hypothetically?). I get no similarity to Avignon or Black Tourmaline and not much to Fille except for the presence of pine.

I tried the other one too but I had a really difficult time processing it can't really tell you much about it. It isn't a substitute for Spicy Cocoa as I'd hoped. I wasn't really drawn to it at all. But... there was too much going on scentwise also champagne was being served and cupcakes too ... really expensive ones! I just happened to stumble into a party for some other product.