Code of Conduct

Default Recommend me a fresh/citrusy/floral

My better half is currently into Burberry The Beat but is nearing the end of her bottle. When testing for that, she nearly bought Narciso Rodrigues For Her.

We have matching Ormonde Man/Woman but that's too strong for daytime use, especially in summer. I have Isfarkand (a fem version would be nice) but she didn't much care for any of the other Ormonde Jayne scents in the sample pack I got about 3 years ago. She would like to steal my bottle of Bulgari Pour Homme but I keep it well hidden

What recommendations do you have for a similarly fresh daytime scent for her that I can buy online? Local department stores (Adelaide, AU) are pretty crap but we intend to go try out a few mainstream things this weekend.

thanks...

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Recommend me a fresh/citrusy/floral

Welcome to Basenotes, Polyglot!!

You could try Carriere by Carriere, they have it at Luckyscent. The notes are
    citrus, soft florals, bergamot, lavendar, lilac and jasmine. It meets all 3 of your
    criteria, fresh, citrus and floral. On basenotes it's called Carriere by Gendarme.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 4th January 2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

I wouldn't consider Ormonde Woman and Man too strong for daytime, I happily wear them to work, they have very low sillage. I would say all the OJ florals would be perfect for daytime, Ta'if would even work on special occasions - maybe you should ask her to re-sample them.

Some mainstream recommendations:

Dior Escale a Pondichery (lemon and black tea), Rochas Byzance (citrus-laced aldehydes)
    Acquatic florals: Laura, Eclat d'Arpege, Rumeur, L'eau par Kenzo (with lots of citrus), Kenzo L'eau de fleurs de the (or something similar) and Parfum d'Ete. Many love Prada Infusion d'Iris and Escale a Portofino. Bulgari Jasmin Noir is also a beautiful fragrance, but no less dense than Ormonde Woman. So is the original Omnia. Cacharel Noa always gathers me compliments. You could try Sublime by Patou for a subtle amber and Rochas Absolu for a slightly less subtle one. Cologne du 68 by Guerlain is also beautiful with it's subtle leather note, very office-appropriate.

Have fun sampling and let us know what she chose.

I would also add hermes concentree d'oranges vertes and Eau de Guerlain, both superfresh-citrusy.

You can also check the Aveda Chakras (assuming that Aveda stuff is sold in Adelaide). They're not really perfumes, in the sense that they are not very long lasting, but they are fresh and natural smelling (and cheapish too). I like number 7.

cacio

Welcome to BN!
    I think Beige from Chanel fits the bill as it does fresh, citrusy and floral pretty perfect. Ormonde Jayne Tiare is similar to Beige but has a fleshy floral aspect that is both captivating and sensual. Another suggestion would be Estee Lauder Jasmine White Moss; similar more to Tiare but more chypre defined.

Blog Entries

l don't know if you have access to Annick Goutal's scents where you are, but l immediately thought of Le Chevrefeuille, a beautiful, true honeysuckle with a lemony freshness. You can get samples from Luckyscent.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

+1 on the Beige recommendation, the tiny hint of frangipani makes it so good!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

More floral than fresh,but how about Guerlain's Champs Elysees?

If she enjoys a rose note, Les Parfums de Rosine's Rose d'Ete is one of my favorite citrusy florals.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Thanks for the recommendations! Hopefully we'll find some of them at the local shop(s) and it looks like I'll be putting in a big luckyscent sample order so suggestions of anything that they have would be particularly great. I can't find most of your recommendations in their sample page, but I'll take the list with me on Saturday.

We weren't a fan of any of the Ormonde Jayne florals (Ta'if etc, basically anything except Man/Woman/Isfarkand) as they were too sweet and simplistic. Haven't smelled any of the newer ones (Orris Noir, Tiare, Zizan) though because they didn't exist when I got the sample pack.

adding: Frederic Malle En Passant

Guerlain's Champs Elysees
    +1
    Annick Goutal's scents where you are, but l immediately thought of Le Chevrefeuille,
    +1

Off-Scenter

Another vote for Annick Goutal's Le Chèvrefeuille. A few others to consider are Eau du Ciel, Tommy Girl, Thé pour un Été, Une Zeste de Rose, and maybe even Pure White Linen. You could also go with a floral eau de Cologne-type fragrance - something like Eau de Fleurs de Cédrat or Czech & Speake's Neroli.
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 5th January 2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Added Eau du Ciel.

Blog Entries

What about trying Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo - Arancia di Capri
    citrusy and fresh with a bit of floral

Duende Jesus Del Pozo for women

How about Chanel's Eau Premiere. I get a very lemony opening and the rest is blended florals and musk.

Molinard de Molinard. It is a refreshing, citrusy floral with a touch of incense & vetiver to keep it interesting. Perfect for daytime and modestly priced.

We had a fine old time trying stuff out yesterday, limited by the lame selections at our two little department stores. Here's how we went:

Chanel Beige: only available in Chanel boutiques, nearest is 750km away. Will check it out next time we're in Melbourne.
    Chanel 19: loved it initially but then had second thoughts about it being old-ladyish with the powdery notes; drydown improved it. I did find a small cheap bottle of pure parfum on eBay so got that.
    Chanel 5 Eau Premiere: very yummy. Will probably look into getting some later.
    EL Jasmine White Moss, Tommy Girl: cheap smelling. Not a fan of EL stuff in general though.
    Guerlain Champs Elysees: nice but a bit too sweet. This was her about 5 years ago.
    Mitsouko: I liked it, she didn't ("too old lady").
    Bulgari Jasmin Noir: both loved it. Ordering a bottle in next couple of days.
    Bulgari Omnia: discontinued but ordered a sample online. Tried Omnia Green Jade, didn't mind it but it was a bit water-flavoured.
    Prada (Milano) Infusion d'Iris: both loved it. Very fizzy, "fun". Ordered a bottle.
    Le Chevrefeuille: one store had Annick Goutal but not this one. Will keep looking.
    Everything else: not found.

thanks for all your help!

Fresh
    Floral
    Citrusy

... Eau de Sisley No.1, No.2 and No.3 would be all that.

Basenotes Plus

PLus 1 Dior Escale a Pondichery

Another Chanel in Les Exclisifs that might fit is Eau de Cologne.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Diorella by Dior.

How about Cristalle or Cristalle Eau Verte by Chanel?
    I also like 4711, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea and flankers and Extreme,Bulgari Eau verte,Guerlain Aqua allegoria Cherry Blossom and Baby Doll Magic -Baby Doll YSL is nice too for my go to citrus floral tea group.
    Note I haven't purchased any regular Cristalle yet .