Code of Conduct

Default What to try after L'Homme Sage?

I love it and my wife actually likes it too(a first!)
    Any suggestions if I really like this one.
    Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Robert

I love it , own it. Nothing similar that I have tried.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Default Re: What to try after L'Homme Sage?

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Andy Tauer. It's a step up on spiciness and smokiness. I own and love both. They're both very evocative to me.
    I'm not saying they're the same but try a sample. L'Homme Sage reminds me of L'Air.

I own it and love it. I have never experienced enything that is close to L`homme Sage. It`s unique!

I agree it's defintely unique and really great scent. I'm wearing it tomorrow for my birthday, as a matter of fact.

L'Air du Desert Marocain is nice, and worth a try, but I don't know that I consider it that similar. But along that same lines, two that MIGHT be worth a shot are L'Artisan Safran Troublant from what I've heard (let me know if you end up trying it!) as well as some of the Amouages (Dia came to mind) if only that they have that same opulent-luxorious soap/shampoo kind of vibe to them. Good luck.

L'Homme Sage as signature scent wouldn't be a bad choice for me.
    I bought the 150ml bottle after I ran out of the 60ml bottle.
    And yes, try Tauer Perfumes - L'Air du désert marocain.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

L'Homme Sage is a fragrance of contrasting spice notes, mossy woods and incense. Where you go from here is a matter of what part of the fragrance you want to drift towards. These are a few ideas:

YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme - has a similar patchouli and incense woods drydown but leans towards tradition with its lavender opening.

Amouge Jubilation XXV - This one takes a couple steps farther down the incense road while keeping the play of spices and warm woods with incense.

Gucci Pour Homme - is a bit darker spice and incense woods fragrance that bears some relation to L'Homme Sage.

Comme des Garcons Sequoia - is similar sweetness with nice wood base. This is a simpler fragrance but might be a good next step. If Sequoia was too sweet and playful you could try out CdG Man 2 or Le Labo Vetiver 46 - both are fantastic have that same woods with incense earthiness.

If you wanted to stay with a newer version of an incense spice scent from the same perfumer who did L'homme Sage - Yann Vasnier - you might give a test to Six Scents Series 2 #2 - End/Beginning - it is a little stronger in sandalwood but has the same genius blending showed in L' Homme Sage. He also created a very nice incense for CdG called Palisander that has more of a specific exotic incense woods feel than L'Homme Sage.

without a doubt.... UNIQUE!!! (in an awesome way ). Fell in love with a sample and purchased a larger decant. My 'goto' when I want change!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    L'Homme Sage is a fragrance of contrasting spice notes, mossy woods and incense. Where you go from here is a matter of what part of the fragrance you want to drift towards. These are a few ideas:

YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme - has a similar patchouli and incense woods drydown but leans towards tradition with its lavender opening.

Amouge Jubilation XXV - This one takes a couple steps farther down the incense road while keeping the play of spices and warm woods with incense.

Gucci Pour Homme - is a bit darker spice and incense woods fragrance that bears some relation to L'Homme Sage.

Comme des Garcons Sequoia - is similar sweetness with nice wood base. This is a simpler fragrance but might be a good next step. If Sequoia was too sweet and playful you could try out CdG Man 2 or Le Labo Vetiver 46 - both are fantastic have that same woods with incense earthiness.

If you wanted to stay with a newer version of an incense spice scent from the same perfumer who did L'homme Sage - Yann Vasnier - you might give a test to Six Scents Series 2 #2 - End/Beginning - it is a little stronger in sandalwood but has the same genius blending showed in L' Homme Sage. He also created a very nice incense for CdG called Palisander that has more of a specific exotic incense woods feel than L'Homme Sage.
    As I'm still a relative neophyte in the world of frags (I've become a sampling addict at the moment), I thank you and others for imparting your ideas. Will definitely look into small samples.