Code of Conduct

Default Help with Iris fragrance!

Hi everyone,
    I just found an unlabeled perfume sample in my stash and made the mistake of trying it out. It is gorgeous! And I have no idea what it is!! It is an iris scent, at least 4 years old, and very soft and sweet, with no harshness or bitterness. It is softer than either H'iris or Bois d'iris, and doesn't have any earthiness or root-scent to it. It could be called slightly powdery, but I don't think nearly as much as Iris Poudre by Frederic Malle. I *think* I tried that one and it was intensely powdery. It seems to have a few more flowers involved than the Prada Iris (plus it's way older than that). I'm trying to think of other iris scents I've tried but no others come to mind. It kind of reminds me of a Chanel, with that soft, almost powdery feel to it.

Does this by chance ring any bells for those iris lovers out there? I sooooo want to know what this is so I can get some more! I don't have a sophisticated nose so I'm just trying to describe what I smell--I'm sure there's much more to this scent than what I'm saying. All I know is it's beautiful, and one of those very, very few scents that actually works on my skin! I would love to hear any suggestions for iris perfumes fitting this description so I can get some samples to compare.

Thanks!

Default Re: Help with Iris fragrance!

Hi chirpster--
    Hmmmm, I really don't know, but will throw a few ideas out --
    Read the descriptions for the Keiko Mecheri iris fragrances (Iris Poupre and Iris d'argant) on luckyscent.com (theyre not in the basenotes directory) and see if one of them sounds like your sample.
    Or maybe -- l'Artisan Iris Pallida
    Good luck with your quest!

It does sound like Iris Pallida released in 2007.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Chanel's Les Exclusifs came out several years ago - could it be 28 La Pausa? I tried it when it was released and remember it as a soft and smooth iris frag, not too powdery.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Heure Exquise by Annick Goutal ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hmmm...Iris Pallida does sound like it. Do you know at least if the sample was purchased from Luckyscent or TPC? Is it in the 1ml sample vials that they usually send?
    Mimi: I've never been able to find that iris in Heure Exquise -- all I get is galbanum and rose. Go figure :P
    I'll go out on a limb and suggest Pierre de Lune, which smells like a less powdery, higher-quality Hiris.

Your description also reminded me of Iris Pallida by L`Artisan, which is one of the most delicious fragrances i have tried.
    But it also sounded like Bois d`Argent from Dior

Hi Scent,

Thanks for the response. The mysterious sample is very small, and I think it actually came as an extra in a swap ages ago. Usually I don't like iris scents, and get tired of them almost as soon as I put them on. But this one is just so different--soft and pretty and although the iris is prominent, it's still gentle. In fact it took me a little while to realize it actually WAS iris, then it was like, "oh, yeah, of course!".

Your most welcome chirpster I wonder if the mysterious sample is Apres L'ondee, because when I first smelt it, the iris was not prominent to my nose. All I got was heliotrope, anise and violets. But then an "aha" moment registered and now iris is all I smell.

Basenotes Institution

You know , Scent , you just could be right - Apres L'Ondee!
    Re. L'Artisan's Iris Pallida- I really disliked it on me - it was bitter and just horrible . Must be skin chemistry. I'm a heathen , I know!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Verte Violette also has an iris note....

Bois d'Iris by The Different Company
    Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels