Code of Conduct

Thread: Samples

Default Samples

Best place to get them? Perfumed Court is good but their shipping is crazy. Thanks

Default Re: Samples

I usually get samples from Luckyscent or Aedes.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    Best place to get them? Perfumed Court is good but their shipping is crazy. Thanks
    Perfumed Court shipping isn't that bad, unless one is getting just one or two samples.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Perfumed Court shipping isn't that bad, unless one is getting just one or two samples.
    Ha, I usually am.

http://www.scentmonkey.com/try-before-buy.php

P.S. They might charge you $5.49 for shipping when you place your order. But, they'll take it off and adjust your total later on.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    Ha, I usually am.
    I am as well! If I could afford it, it'd be no problem. Unfortunately that's not the case.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

The only samples that pass through my hands are the ones included with a bottle purchase.

Try doing swaps with people. Buy some full bottles of things you still like anyway, then find people with big wardrobes and offer to swap decants for whatever pile of half used samples they no longer want. You're probably looking for specific things but this might still yeild you some interesting results.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Oh, and I suggest Fragrancevials and Luckyscent. They're my main two places.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I use them all the time. The inventory they have is extensive and they carry some very rare fragrances. I have dealt with them and they are very nice people. The shipping method is unusual but if you read their introduction, they explain why. You also choose the amount of the sample you want be it 1.5, 5ml 8 etc. Good business model. For me, Luckyscents shipping is brutally expensive and Aedes doesnt ship here.

Cheers Rex
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

Scented Monkey is the way to go. They don't have anything fancy (no Creed, no Chanel, nothing niche generally), but it's pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by trex57 View Post
    For me, Luckyscents shipping is brutally expensive
    For me (international post), five dollars for up to 15 samples isn't what I'd consider brutally expensive. And it's pretty fast too - normally less than a week to New Zealand.

For more than 15 samples it's cheaper to start another order instead of stepping up to the next shipping tier at $28, otherwise you don't break even on the shipping until about 90(!) samples.

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay View Post
    For me (international post), five dollars for up to 15 samples isn't what I'd consider brutally expensive. And it's pretty fast too - normally less than a week to New Zealand.

For more than 15 samples it's cheaper to start another order instead of stepping up to the next shipping tier at $28, otherwise you don't break even on the shipping until about 90(!) samples.
    No... my sample order had nearly 25 samples and its still 5 bux.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Hmm - perhaps that's for US orders only? Different price too, from the shipping page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyscent shipping page
    Sample orders are shipped via US Post airmail for $5.00. (Please note: Samples orders containing more than 15+ samples will be shipped via Fedex Ground for $20.00)

Just did a purchase on fragrancevials, they have pretty nice scents now.
    Hopefully they'll stay on business and keep getting more samples.
    We want a 'Niche' forum.