Code of Conduct

Default Lithuania launches its own national perfume

The article is from the Natonal Post but you can google it and get the same article anywhere. I found the remark from Mindaugas Stongvilas, "an expert in emotional communication behind the project," a bit odd: “For Lithuanians to identify themselves with this perfume, we’ve added the smell of wood fires that can be associated with pagan rituals, as well as moss and wildflowers.” I've never associated Lithuania with anything Pagan, or anything at all for that matter, but it's an interesting comment nonetheless. The perfume was created by French perfumers Galimard.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01...#ixzz1ABg99ddS

The notes actually intrigue me. I hope this has more national relevance than Perry Ellis' America does for us U.S. folks.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lithuania launches its own national perfume

Wow, how very, very cool! My Lithuanian mother will be thrilled, too. Thanks, cbstarker. Definitely need to check this one out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbstarker View Post
    I found the remark from Mindaugas Stongvilas, "an expert in emotional communication behind the project," a bit odd: “For Lithuanians to identify themselves with this perfume, we’ve added the smell of wood fires that can be associated with pagan rituals, as well as moss and wildflowers.” I've never associated Lithuania with anything Pagan, or anything at all for that matter, but it's an interesting comment nonetheless.
    There's still a Pagan connection. Many Lithuanian names (first names especially) are based on the worship of nature during Pagan times. It wasn't until the late 14th century that the country adopted Catholicism. Even the name of the country is derived from the word "Rain".

There are popular names constructed from the words for celestial bodies (Saulė for the Sun, Aušrinė for Venus), events of nature (Audra for the storm, Aušra for the dawn, Rasa for the dew, Vėjas for the wind, Aidas for the echo), plants (Linas/Lina for flax, Eglė for spruce), river names (Ūla, Vilija for River Neris). - Wikipedia
    Last edited by adonis; 5th January 2011 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    There's still a Pagan connection. Many Lithuanian names (first names especially) are based on the worship of nature during Pagan times. It wasn't until the late 14th century that the country adopted Catholicism. Even the name of the country is derived from the word "Rain".

There are popular names constructed from the words for celestial bodies (Saulė for the Sun, Aušrinė for Venus), events of nature (Audra for the storm, Aušra for the dawn, Rasa for the dew, Vėjas for the wind, Aidas for the echo), plants (Linas/Lina for flax, Eglė for spruce), river names (Ūla, Vilija for River Neris). - Wikipedia
    Fascinating! I had no idea and I find that very appealing, really. I realize there are pagan connections throughout all cultures - we just celebrated a couple here in the States didn't we? - but I never knew that Lithuania was still so deeply connected to their pagan roots - or can I even call them roots? I'll put it high on my list of Places to Go when my children grow up and I have time for traveling again. And I'll bring back a bottle of Lithuania as a souvenir, too! Thanks for the insight, Adonis.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post

Fascinating! I had no idea and I find that very appealing, really, and I love that the name is derived from "Rain." I realize there are pagan connections throughout all cultures - we just celebrated a couple here in the States didn't we? - but I never knew that Lithuania was still so deeply connected to their pagan roots - or can I even call them roots? I'll put it high on my list of Places to Go when my children grow up and I have time for traveling again. And I'll bring back a bottle of Lithuania as a souvenir, too! Thanks for the insight, Adonis.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I heard this on the radio yesterday and meant to post it.

I think this is interesting. Hopefully it is a good fragrance. I would like to try it some day.

Next we need a Latvia and an Estonia!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    Wow, how very, very cool! My Lithuanian mother will be thrilled, too. Thanks, cbstarker. Definitely need to check this one out.
    Hi Turquoisewater - I just found another similarity between us. While you have a Lithuanian mother, my Dad was of Lithuanian heritage and his Dad came to the U.S. from Lithuania as a young man.

I wonder what the perfume smells like. I feel that I must try it!

Lisa
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping the thread to ask if anyone has tried it by now?