Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Animale Animale-20 years of gourmand greatness!

Can't believe the granddaddy of gourmands is 20yrs old this year! It's really kind of mind blowing when you think about it, this stuff was a game changer in the fragrance industry! Basically a new and innovative classification all its own. And even after 20yrs it's still going strong and sparking inspiration/knockoff scents. I wasn't into frags when this came out when I was 19, but I can't help to wonder what I would have thought of it if I had tried it back then!lol Anyway, own it and enjoy it....and just wanted to give this(virtually unknown outside of the frag community)true innovator some props for it's 20yr birthday!

I welcome any stories or experiences to please share of when you first tried this scent in the mid 90's and your reactions

Default Re: Animale Animale-20 years of gourmand greatness!

Amazing that this is 20 years old, even more amazing is that I have never tried this or even seen it on sale here in Australia. I am sure it is here but I have never come across it in brick and mortar stores.

What a coincidence!

Animale Animale is my SOTD.It is my second full wearing and I'm still testing it.
    The bottle is funny,the spray nozzle is pathetic but I like the juice inside .

It's nice and I own it, and a few other gourmands/sweet bombs. I still wonder though if the whole style is bad taste.

I love Animale Animale. I've bought a few bottles for family and friends as well.

I own it and like it too. Haven't worn it for a while now. Good quality for the price.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    The bottle is funny,the spray nozzle is pathetic but I like the juice inside .
    This is my one and only gripe with it, otherwise am in absolute love with it. And I detest sweet fragrances, especially vanilla!!!!

I was gonna ask if it was popular when it first came out, but I guess that's self explanatory if they are still making it now. It really is a great scent, one of my favorite gourmands.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Basenotes Plus

It's a solid scent and stands the test of time without being referred to "retro".
    Last edited by CapriDog; 10th March 2014 at 06:22 PM.

I haven't tried it, but it's on my list!
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

It's a very interesting fragrance, an amazing gourmand that I have only have ever had the pleasure of getting a single spray from my friend's bottle.

I would love to get my hands on a bottle, which online retailer would you suggest?

I'm a big fan of gourmands but haven't tried this one. Is it discontinued ? I've only seen them at individual fragrance stands in the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    It's a very interesting fragrance, an amazing gourmand that I have only have ever had the pleasure of getting a single spray from my friend's bottle.

I would love to get my hands on a bottle, which online retailer would you suggest?
    Fragrancenet. Enter email and get 20% off and spend over $70 and get free us shipping. They package well, never screwed up any order of mine and are quick shipping it out.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I'm a big fan of gourmands but haven't tried this one. Is it discontinued ? I've only seen them at individual fragrance stands in the mall.
    I have seen these at select stores at the malls where I live. (Northern California). But I see it online, just don't know which retailer to buy from

Blog Entries

Animale Animale for Men is still very much available online and at stores. Amazon has it for less than $20 / 100ml. I like this scent, but it is too strong for me (gave me headache) so I sold my bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post

Think I got my bottle from Amazon many years ago and they usually use FragranceNet or BeautyEncounter, both of whom are both tops in online shops IMO

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    If you love gourmands, you own it to yourself to try this one....it's sweetness is very toned down compared to many of the modern gourmands put out nowadays.
    Last edited by bigbz; 10th March 2014 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Animale Animale for Men is still very much available online and at stores. Amazon has it for less than $20 / 100ml. I like this scent, but it is too strong for me (gave me headache) so I sold my bottle.

Funny thing - I like it too but it would literally put me into a state of vertigo - not sure if I was reacting to something in it or what - but I too sold mine and have now moved onto non gourmand styles

Have to get myself a bottle of this..

I have a nice collection of fragrances but AA is my go to ! I have some costly ones that I'm light on the trigger with due to price ! Ebay shipped for under $20....... can't go wrong ! The value is amazing and I don't stress how much I use at all ! Due to the price , value , scent and the smile it puts on my face .... it may be my #1 ! DHI , Le Male , Pure Malt and Aventus are among my other top picks ! (Still learning abbreviations lol )
    Last edited by Animale#1; 30th April 2014 at 05:34 AM.

I'd like to see them reformulate this to give it a more modern edge. The bottle is hideous which is probably why it isn't more popular.

Sent from Richard's Ipad

This really is a good scent. Reminds me a little bit of Valentino´s V pour homme.