Code of Conduct

Default Almost Transparent Blue...

Lime, yuzu, thyme flower, aldehyde, hinoki, cedar wood, musk

Sampled this based on the notes. Little hint of wood....little hint of citrus....works every time. A touch of lime is always welcomed. Nothing earth shattering, just a really nice scent. I do wish it lasted a bit longer, around five hours or so. I think it is the aldehyde which may give a touch of "sparkle" for lack of a better term. I would rather that the clever descriptions someone writes about the scents would just stop. The urban landscapes or icy lunar whatever make it too much of a fantasy. I have my own imagination thank you. Believe price is $110 for 60 ML.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Default Re: Almost Transparent Blue...

I usually do 2 sprays to the chest and one on my shirt. Lasts all day.

One of the greatest citrus scent imo.
    My current top 10 fragrances :
    1. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    2. A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue
    3. YSL L'Homme Libre
    4. Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Desert Marocain
    5. Rania J. Ambre Loup
    6. Atelier Cologne Cedrat Enivrant
    7. Parfum MDCI Ambre Topkapi
    8. Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser
    9. Heeley Sel Marin
    10. by Kilian Back to Black

Love this scent but doesn't get past the three hour mark for me which is a real shame

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    Lime, yuzu, thyme flower, aldehyde, hinoki, cedar wood, musk

Sampled this based on the notes. Little hint of wood....little hint of citrus....works every time. A touch of lime is always welcomed. Nothing earth shattering, just a really nice scent. I do wish it lasted a bit longer, around five hours or so. I think it is the aldehyde which may give a touch of "sparkle" for lack of a better term. I would rather that the clever descriptions someone writes about the scents would just stop. The urban landscapes or icy lunar whatever make it too much of a fantasy. I have my own imagination thank you. Believe price is $110 for 60 ML.
    Great stuff. It has, as you mentioned, a "sparkling," crystaline like clarity to it that's phenomenal.

It's starting to get a little more recognition, which I think it deserves.

Its projection is actually pretty good too, as I found out the other day when I put a little too much on.

I thought it was a good citrus fragrance, one to consider if you're looking for a citrus niche...
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

This one is excellent, and one I find myself reaching for regularly since I bought it. When I first tested it from a little vial, I liked it a lot but thought but it initially impressed me as more of a sport/aquatic scent.

But since buying a bottle and getting a full spray of it, I have found that it is much more than a nice citrusy/warm weather/sporty fragrance. I have found the real stars of the show to be the hinoki and cedar notes.

They are excellent; great light woody dry down. Very pleasing and versatile. One of the best citrus/woody fragrances I have, for sure, and one I'm glad I bought every time I wear it.

The only place I found to buy this was Luckyscent, but noticed that it is now on backorder. I recommend sampling it for your spring/summer arsenal.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 30th April 2014 at 09:49 PM.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I agree....I felt if I would have had a full spray or two instead of the small vial, the wood would be more prominent. I am glad to have this information while I consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    This one is excellent, and one I find myself reaching for regularly since I bought it. When I first tested it from a little vial, I liked it a lot but thought but it initially impressed me as more of a sport/aquatic scent.

But since buying a bottle and getting a full spray of it, I have found that it is much more than a nice citrusy/warm weather/sporty fragrance. I have found the real stars of the show to be the hinoki and cedar notes.

They are excellent; great light woody dry down. Very pleasing and versatile. One of the best citrus/woody fragrances I have, for sure, and one I'm glad I bought every time I wear it.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..