Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Green Irish Tweed or Millesime Imperial for Teenager?

Hello Basenotes members, I just joined the Basenotes Community and find the forums and fragrance information very helpful.

I'm 17 years old (high schooler) and would like to know which Creed would be most appropriate for my age. I've sampled both and love both of them but unfortunately, I can't invest in both. So of Green Irish Tweed and Millesime Imperial, which fragrance do you think would fit my age group more and would be enjoyed by girls of the same age range? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Millesime imperial.
    Everyone is somebody's weirdo.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed or Millesime Imperial for Teenager?

Whichever one YOU like the most and want to wear.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Millesime Imperial.

Millesime Imperial +1.

Blog Entries

Whichever one you feel fits you best.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Neither. You'll offend all the kids in class. Wear something more mainstream until you get to college. This is a command.

MI. Cool Water is a scent that could commonly be worn by their fathers and GIT is similar enough to CW that most people wont be able to tell the difference.

Millesime Imperial (in my opinion) is a better fragrance. I think you could wear either one. Go with whichever one you like better. If I were you I would get Millesime Imperial.

Just go to TJ Maxx or Marshall's and buy Love & Luck by Ed Hardy (it's very similar to Millesime Imperial), and save the rest of your money for college or your next date or something else.

Tough one. Go with MI

Whichever you like. MI would be a safe bet.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

well, i happen to think Millesime Imperial is by far the most overrated fragrance. If it wasnt a Creed it would be more bashed then Bleu de Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Just go to TJ Maxx or Marshall's and buy Love & Luck by Ed Hardy (it's very similar to Millesime Imperial), and save the rest of your money for college or your next date or something else.
    I agree. MI doesn't stand a chance against GIT's longevity. Get Love and Luck for a similar vibe (although LaL turns more into a GIT during the dry down with it's violet notes yet resembles MI in the opening).

To me, love and luck is almost like a hybrid of the two. It doesn't have the greatest longevity, but for something like 15% of the price of a creed.....

Up to you. TEST EXTENSIVELY and decide the pros and cons of each.

Get the GIT and never look back. It is a classic, well-made juice for men and will set you miles apart from your male classmates and get you compliments beyond your imagination from the females. Having said that, I don't mean to knock MI, which is also very good, but I think the GIT will serve you better. Enjoy!

Go with the one You like the best!!!
    And welcome to Basenotes!!!
    Gary

Both.
    But MI more so.

Basenotes Plus

Either one would be absolutely fine.

I'd say go with GIT. But like everyone else has been saying, there are more quality options for a lesser price.

Flip a coin and then live it up! You can't go wrong if you like each equally. The one you don't get now will come to you down the road.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I'd like to recommend you seek an alternative path.

You ask which of GIT and MI is ideal for you and will be most appreciated by girls.

Either of the above is a big investment. As a teenager who loved fragrances, I had no exposure to niche products, but very happily explored the designer world.

Girls dont care whether a frag is niche, and Creed means crap to most.

Go to a department store and sniff away. Teach yourself about fragrance by observing how they evolve on your skin, and keep reading here.

Wear the fragrances you favor with confidence, learn to speak well and listen. Girls will like that fragrance the best as it will remind them of a smooth guy

Welcome to basenotes.

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    I'd like to recommend you seek an alternative path.

You ask which of GIT and MI is ideal for you and will be most appreciated by girls.

Either of the above is a big investment. As a teenager who loved fragrances, I had no exposure to niche products, but very happily explored the designer world.

Girls dont care whether a frag is niche, and Creed means crap to most.

Go to a department store and sniff away. Teach yourself about fragrance by observing how they evolve on your skin, and keep reading here.

Wear the fragrances you favor with confidence, learn to speak well and listen. Girls will like that fragrance the best as it will remind them of a smooth guy

Welcome to basenotes.
    This is one of the greatets posts of all time

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    agreed

Wear whatever you like the best. MI has 2-3 hours longevity, smell is great but definitely not worth the cash.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

There is truth to that post but it isn't THE GREATEST, THE BEST, THE REVELATION post of basenotes, since it ignores other things. Don't expect to talk to girls smelling like Kouros and Jovan Musk and expect them to ONLY fall in love with your smooth talk and listening skills.

People are easily turned on, turned off, or neutral about scents. What if they are allergic? What if it reminds them of a dirty old locker room? Their resentful step dad? Gives them a headache?

Too many factors come into play.

Who cares if it's Creed? YOU DO. Do girls? Maybe. Tell the chicks it's expensive. They like rich guys, or at least guys with some money to spend. Common sense. Would you date a guy who is charming, ect... yet wears $10 drug store cologne that reeks, wears old clothing, smells like mustard from lunch, dirty teeth, can't afford to take her out to lunch, doesn't have a car ect??? You'd be lucky.

There's more than just personality and just any old scent to the complex social playground that high school and college is. Wear something YOU feel confident in and will show. Would you carry more confidence if you wear a $200 creed compared to a $20 cool water? If yes, then get the Creed. Who cares what anybody else thinks! It makes you more confident and girls like that in guys (who wants to date a wimp who lacks self-confidence?).

Do what makes you feel better about yourself, provided that it is respectful to others' living space (i.e. don't spray 15 sprays of MI or GIT or whatever you buy. It's rude). And don't expect that wearing anything YOU like will please OTHERS. You need to find common ground if you want to socialize with people while you wear fragrance.

Definitely GIT. MI is the most overrated fragrance of all time

Quote Originally Posted by limaaa View Post
    Definitely GIT. MI is the most overrated fragrance of all time
    good to know that im not the only one that thinks so.

I would take all the boring modern day aquatics over MI. AGD, Bleu de Chanel, Bvlgari Aqva/Aqva Marine, Versace EF, ect ect ect...

I would take all the boring modern day aquatics over MI. AGD, Bleu de Chanel, Bvlgari Aqva/Aqva Marine, Versace EF, ect ect ect...
    Agree. I mean, I just don't get it. I hear comments like "MI is the smell of Gods!", "This is the best scent ever!"...etc.
    What are you people talking about? First 20 minutes is watermelon, and then metallic musk. That's it. Just don't get it...
    And the best thing is it cost's 250$! What!? Well Creed, you won' t get my money for sure

M-I, but both are perfect.

I would get something else.

I find GIT reminds me far too much of Cool Water and that ruins it for me. There is more going on besides that but Cool Water has stole it's guts.

As a teenager who owns both these creeds I can tell you MI if you want the girls to like it. If you just wanna smell good to you and be happy get whatever you want. This is only if it HAS to be one of these though.
    There are a lot of other great scents out there and creed costs a lot for an everyday wear unless you're a rich teenager lol.

millesime imperial
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

I just purchased MI 4 oz, it'll probably arrive next week. I'll have to see what the fuss is. I've tested it before and while it's nice, I still think it's not worth the hype. Since I'm not one to trust little vials for a full experience, I'll just get the full thing and try it out for a few days.

I already know I LIKE it, but from what tested 3 times, I prefer GIT. Love and Luck also is close, but not identical (close for the opening, that's it). I'm also getting my love and luck tomorrow in the mail. If I end up regretting the MI purchase, I'll put it up in the Market Place on basenotes.

^ Please PM me if you do end up regretting it. My bottle has gone dry and I've been looking to replace it...
    I smell better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue View Post
    ^ Please PM me if you do end up regretting it. My bottle has gone dry and I've been looking to replace it...
    Sure thing

In my opinion, both are great frags for you age group, since they are crisp and fresh

I agree with MI. I think it's more girl-friendly, plus GIT is too similar to Cool Water for my tastes. I sort of agree with those who try to disuade you from picking one or the other up. How about this idea:

Pick up Cool Water and Sean John Unforgivable (which is often cited as a MI rip-off) and pocket the rest of the money for a 3rd which you can rotate and experiment what the ladies like. One I've have heard cited as great for you age is A&F Fierce

eh, im not a big fan of creed, especially GIT, but i would pick GIT/MI over those you listed =]. (Still waiting for Pure Malt and Angel Men to be booted from your list hehe) =]

Original Poster, Pick Aventus over MI and GIT! The only Creed I really enjoy.

well, i happen to think Millesime Imperial is by far the most overrated fragrance. If it wasnt a Creed it would be more bashed then Bleu de Chanel
    Millesime Imperial would be a near perfect fragrance had it not have longevity problems. It's one offhe most pleasant smelling fragrances I've encountered. Some don't have to be super complex or borderline offensive to be considered interesting or worth the price. Millesime Imperial is one of the most popular Creeds for a reason. It's overrated yes, but a fantastic fragrance nonetheless.
    Btw you change your top ten list more times than Paris Hilton visits the clinic! lol
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    eh, im not a big fan of creed, especially GIT, but i would pick GIT/MI over those you listed =]. (Still waiting for Pure Malt and Angel Men to be booted from your list hehe) =]

Original Poster, Pick Aventus over MI and GIT! The only Creed I really enjoy.
    If he's dead set on a fresher vibe, he may not like Aventus. Aventus is advertised as fruity, but I get mostly ashy/smoldering slightly rubbery plastic sweet.

Dependent

Hello!

Let me first say that I'm not shy to say if an 80's scent is a little too old-school smelling. 80's is retro for me, so I'm not that much older Yet, GIT is something that smells timeless and I doubt it will smell dated even a couple of decades on. It is just one of those scents that people most ages can pull off easily and you wouldn't "smell like daddy or grandpops".

Great that you enjoy GIT and MI. If you can only buy one for now, I'd go with the GIT because it versatile enough for formal and casual situations. MI is a little more casual, IMO, and wouldn't be my first choice for formal. I guess you decision will boil down to which one you want more immediately. Have fun!!

There's so much debate on this thread I sure hope Mr.* comes back and tells us what he chose and how he likes his choice.

He's gonna come back with 10 Creeds :-P

Lightbulb Re: Green Irish Tweed or Millesime Imperial for Teenager?

Best Advice Ever. Yes, it is too expensive for a kid to be breaking his pocket. Save the money.

Get Love and Luck, you don't need to waste your money on Creeds or anything like that. You're lucky if you get 6 hours with MI, and GIT smells like Cool Water to "normal" people.

*cough* Check the basenotes market place for Love and Luck *cough*

As a teenager I'd really just pick up either Cool Water or Hugo.
    Very cheap, and all the teenage girls go crazy for it.

Might I suggest saving a few hundos and just buy Bulgari Aqua? It's a gorgeous scent that gets heavily discounted. I wore GIT for a good month and never did it receive any attention.

My prediction:

GIT will be appreciated by nearly all girls in your age range (it's VERY close to Cool Water) and loved by a few.
    MI will be LOVED by some girls but under-appreciated by many. Hint: apply some to shirt about 3 buttons down from the top.

Mixed strategy: 1.) get a small decant of GIT or a bottle of Cool Water and LIE to the girls that it is Creed.

AND

2.) get MI. Be different. LIGHTLY apply.

I purchased MI, VIW, GIT and Aventus in 4oz. directly from Creedbotique.com. I'm a 20 yr. old college student and most students don't have the money to be throwing out at niche fragrances. In HS, I wore Burberry Brit / Touch but if you NEED confidence from a niche in HS you really need to re-evaluate your self. I think the OP has heard of these fragrances being "panty droppers" or something that receives compliments left and right. The truth is, fragrance or no fragrance, pussy is pussy and in HS it's so EASY to get laid. You need a gym membership and something LOUD like Aqua di gio, teenager girls (I still fuck with 18-19 yr olds too) do not care for "expensive fragrances", they would much rather you spend 200+ on patron, a nice dinner etc. - you get the point. I date women who are in the 23-26 range and I don't depend on fragrances for confidence they just come with me like salt over food. I'm not trying to attack you - but make sure before you spend the money on the fragrance that the purchase is FOR you - not HER.

Get yourself some Cool Water or Unforgivable and save the rest for college. boom
    Looking to buy: Terre d'Hermes 3.3 EDT! Lemme know!

Quote Originally Posted by MassMenace View Post
    Might I suggest saving a few hundos and just buy Bulgari Aqua? It's a gorgeous scent that gets heavily discounted. I wore GIT for a good month and never did it receive any attention.
    Gorgeous as it might be, Bulgari Aqua has no similarity to GIT. Are you perhaps suggesting it as an alternative to MI? if so, I can understand that.

Both are good, just pick one.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Gents,
    Mr.* hasn't logged in for almost seven weeks. He's probably made his decision or decided not to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Neither. You'll offend all the kids in class. Wear something more mainstream until you get to college. This is a command.

Do what you're told. Wear what others are wearing. Do not strive to be unique.

GIT unless you leave near Miami and its hot all the time then MI. I am new to Basenotes and got a bottle of GIT and I love it. I get the Cool Water vibe for about 15 seconds then after that hold on to your hall pass cause your going for a ride.

This!

The one You like best is the correct answer!!!
    Gary

Exactly. Dont get caught up in the hype on here and start wasting money that you dont have.
    If you are still "into" fragrances in a year, then start worrying about getting a Creed.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Just saw how old this dumb thread is.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152