Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed or Millesime Imperial for Teenager?

ugh, just be a good boy and go buy some Acqua di Gio or Le Male or some other club monstrosity that the girls your age fawn over...

You gotta go with MI at that age. The little girlies love the melon note and besides they will confuse it for Sean John Unforgivable giving you instant street credibility. While GIT probably smells like their father and unless you want to date a girl with " DADDY " issues go with MI.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr* View Post
    Hello Basenotes members, I just joined the Basenotes Community and find the forums and fragrance information very helpful.

I'm 17 years old (high schooler) and would like to know which Creed would be most appropriate for my age. I've sampled both and love both of them but unfortunately, I can't invest in both. So of Green Irish Tweed and Millesime Imperial, which fragrance do you think would fit my age group more and would be enjoyed by girls of the same age range? Thanks!
    If you plan on buying an expensive fragrance like those creeds, then I suggest you to don't get MI and not even GIT. Buy Aventus, girls will enjoy it more than MI or GIT!

mi is better for teenager

Neither, far better fragrances to get for a college situation.
    Half your classmates won't be able to tell the difference between Cool Water and GIT, and MI and Sean John's Unforgivable/Love and Luck.

I own MI, hardly use it... I think its okay, but it doesn't garner me compliments like my other fragrances. Do I regret buying a big bottle? Yup! Wish I got a 30 ml decant instead.

Creeds are over-rated.. unfortunately even I didn't realize that till I started sampling more niches.
    Top 5:
    1) La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2) Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3) Royal Oud by Creed
    4) One Million by Paco Rabanne
    5) Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

MI is definitely more wearable for a younger guy. GIT is doable as well but I definitely think that high school girls will like MI better, and girls approval is important to most high school guys I'm sure. GIT is not quite as casual as MI to me but both are excellent. Millesime Imperial transcends age easier. As for compliments, my wife (early 20's) described MI as delicious and that was the only cologne that has gotten that kind of reaction out of her from my collection so far.

MI is NOT over rated. In my opinion it is a masterpiece and as such will garner hatred due to its popularity.

Don't listen to the Nay Sayers and snobs. If you are hell bent on getting one MI wins easily.
    Last edited by Suave Scenter; 16th January 2012 at 02:30 AM.

Both are really nice. I would go with MI