Code of Conduct

Exclamation New House: Brécourt

www.brecourt.fr

I don't know if this has been discussed, but there's this new niche house called Brecourt where you can order samples of their eleven scents for free. I already did and already tested two of them.

The catch: they do not send overseas, only Europe, so maybe you can arrange someone to get them for you if interested. I offer myself to help, but since I already ordered the samples, I don't know if I might use my home address again...

Anycase, enjoy!

PS: please move this thread to the correct board if I didn't post it in the right one... I'm very sorry in advance...

Sur la Plage

Default Re: New House: Brécourt

Thanks!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Thanks for the information.

I'd definitely be interested in trying them!
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

I have started a thread on Brecourt but there were no replies. So I'll add my two scents to this one. I have ordered samples of all the scents and gave them a few testings. I did not care for most since they were too much on the fruity side which is usually a no go for me. However, I did find a few which might be full bottle worthy:

Eau Blanche - it has some boozy fruit quality, something like cherry liquor which I adore.
    Contre Pouvoir - it's marketed as a fragrance for distinguished gentlemen but I would love wearing it in cold weather. Deep and rich, like a glass of fine brandy.
    Esprit Mondaine - reminds me of Field Notes from Paris but it has a significant dose of citrus. Refreshingly elegant.
    Ambre Noire - This was the first one which I put on my FB wishlist. Warm, a tad spicy and indeed, with a slight "noir" feel to it.

I also enjoy Avenue Montaigne a lot with it's animalic elegance (think of a much brighter Jicky) but I don't think I would ever wear it.

Overall, I found the Brecourt fragrances good-quality, well-crafted scents. On the other hand, they are not ground-breaking, not really original, but the twist they make on some well-known themes might just have produced the version you are looking for.
    Last edited by bonsai; 13th January 2011 at 10:44 AM.

Sur la Plage

They do not currently sell/ship (even samples) to the US.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear customer,

We received your free order of samples and thank you very much for your interest.

Unfortunately, we'll not be able to answer for the moment as far as BRECOURT LUXURY PERFUMES hasn't received yet the regulatory agreement allowing us to sell in the United States of America.
    We sincerely apologize and hope being allowed to serve you as soon as possible.

Warm regards
    Brecourt Luxury Perfumes
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th January 2011 at 10:57 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I just ordered samples. Animalic elegance sounds intriguing, as did the descriptions of some of the other scents, Ambre Noir, Eau Trouble and Contre Pouvoir in particular. I really like the look of that introductory offer, too.

Thanks for the information. my samples just arrived today.

Thanks for the information. :-)

Blog Entries

Looks awesome, but I wish the site was in English!

I also wish I could see what kinda bottles the fragrances came in!
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Looks awesome, but I wish the site was in English!

I also wish I could see what kinda bottles the fragrances came in!
    As for English: they seem to have added that since yesterday. Try again, the site is available in two languages now (though some things do stay in French even if you choose English - I suppose it's work in progress).

You can see the bottles at: http://www.brecourt.fr/nos-parfums.php?le-flacon

Last edited by bonsai; 13th January 2011 at 08:39 AM.

I hadn't heard of this brand yet, until a sweet perfume friend of mine mentioned them and I hope to test some soon! Nice to read about your opinion, Bonsai!

Many thanks!
    I've ordered my samples today (with a little help from Google Translate!)
    I look forward to receiving them.

I've received my (11) samples and will give a very short overviews of all of them in here.

First 4 :

Ambre Noir : This one smells like a (brilliant) D&G By Man without the drydown. Lemon cookie like opening leads soon into this thin, gingery fresh amber base.
    Quite well made, but not that special. Lasting power okay, with subtle sillage.

Haram : A gourmand fragrance. Smells like a red-fruity pastry with stripes of burnt sugar icing. Angel, Black XS (for men), Hanae Mori (for Men), Cannabis Santal etc.
    Smells delicious, but also kind of cheap and artificial. This one has been made million times before.

Eau Libre : Bad citrus. A sharp, a bit metallic fragrance. Very cheap, very shampoo like. Reminds me of some boring green citrus based fragrances like; EL Beyond Paradise for Men, Davidoff Echo for Men, Le Roy Soleil Homme by S. Dali...
    Bittery fresh with metallic feel to it.

Mauvais Garcon : Sharp, peppery, synthetic, and slightly fruity sandalwood with synthetic musk undertones.

Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 22nd January 2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: no mikäköhän

Eau Trouble : This is very subtle fresh floral. Extremely subdued scent of lilacs, I believe. It's funny since basically the smell of this flower is quite pungent.
    Etheral, summery and fairly beautiful but, also someways far too simple (again, something very bath-product like quality) and it doesn't last long.

Eau Blanche : List of notes doesn't prepare the one for the opening: It's 1liter lemon scented dishwasher detergent in your face. I kind of like it. I mean, who doesn't find the smell of lemons entertaining..?
    EB dries down for a very quiet fresh woody fragrance. Still alot that lemony smell there (ginger?) with thin chips of cedarwood and clean musks.
    Looking at the notes on the website doesn't make that much of sense to me at all because basically what we have here is a simple and cheap lemon fragrance.

Agaressence : Big and surupy fruity floral with heady oud note. Very feminine, or should I say girly, and yes, very cheap. This reminds me of some cheap and ridicilous fragrance for young girls available in clothing stores, obviously with additional oud note, which by the way, is most likely synthetic here and not very pleasantly blended.

L'Amoureuse : I am sort of starting to hope that no one at Brecourt isn't reading this...L'Amoureuse is hopelessly cheap smelling mishmash of syrupy flowers and bad amber. To me, a real scrubber.

What do you think about Contre Pouvoir,Pigeon? I find this and Ambre Noir the best from this house. Eau Trouble last over 6 hours on me.

Final 3...

Esprit Mondain : Shares something in common with Ambre Noir, but this is richer and stronger. Fresh, lemon-cookie-like smell laid over the warm, powdery woodsy amber. But actually like their website stated, "sichuan pepper makes all the difference..."
    I was positively suprised how nicely that pepper note was made here: EM really does introduce this spice in a fine light.

Avenue Montaigne : A heady, aldehydic tuberose with the familiar ambery base. The balance is simply not there; it smells chaotic and crushingly cheap.
    I can't stand this, to be honest.

Contre Pouvoir : I think this is my favourite out of these 11 fragrances. CP is actually a nice vetiver that is sweet, warm, little bit smoky and resinous. It has a tasty spice note in the front (cardamom, anise).
    Doesn't bring anything new to the world of vetiver fragrances, but could be worth to try for those who like vetiver blends.

Note: I sampled these with an open mind, and I didn't have any particular preconception. I feel just a bit bad for bashing nearly all of them, but then, I really think they deserve it.
    I wonder if anyone could actually disagree with me, especially if you are somewhat an experienced sniffer.

Received my samples last week. Packaging was poor and 3 vials had broken, but for free you can't expect wonders to be honest . Out of those that arrived, we didn't like any. They don't last very long at all on us and what we could smell was cheap and not pleasant. Glad I sampled them though, as now and then you do come across a good find

I quite agree with you guys. "Countre pouvoir" is my favorite, but has nothing special. Mauvais garçon is a joke, Le Male Light... I'm almost embarrassed for them.

A common point between each of the samples received: LIGHT

I will politely disagree...
    I live in SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA USA
    and I e-mailed them my request for samples and was pleasantly surprised
    that they sent me a few...
    I loved HARAM sooo much I bought a 50ml. bottle of the fragrance.