Code of Conduct

Default A*Men Pure Malt on women

Hi everyone,

I know this particular horse has been flogged to death, but I have to ask. I do not wear Angel or A*Men.

I'm a woman and I usually stick to niche female/ungendered scents, but I love wearing several mainstream male fragrances, such as Dior Homme, Terre d'Hermes, Givenchy Gentelman and Eau Sauvage, among others, as long as they are not a cliché of "male" cologne.

For example, I loved the port note in Burberry London, but the drydown is the usual signal for "this is a men's perfume", so I can't wear it.

Given the above, what are your thoughts on Pure Malt on a woman? Thanks a lot.

Default Re: A*Men Pure Malt on women

The wiskey note is quite masculine to my tastes, but is you that can decide if its worth a try!

I think it would be sexy on the right woman Didn't like the scent so much on me.
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I get much of the smell of pure malt in a softer way with Halle by Halle Berry, might give that a sniff. I think it's doable to pull off the pure malt though as a woman, especially once the top burns off a bit.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

It's bad enough on men ... ;')

Sur la Plage

Sure. Why not?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

To me it is similiar on top notes with Midnight Poison (elixir).. but I think that I wouldnt like it on women.
    TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme

Thank you everyone.

Yeah, you should be able to wear it. On the other hand, though...Terre de Hermes? I think that's just too masculine. Also, Eau Sauvage. On the other hand, you might be able to wear Burberry London.

I think a woman could easily pull off PM's patchouli dry down.

I am a woman and about to try this one myself today!! I am all about wearing what I think smells good and works with my skin, regardless of who the scent is intended for I will let you know what both myself and my husband think. I am not an Angel fan at all, I should mention, so this might be a miss for me. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Moon View Post
    I am a woman and about to try this one myself today!! I am all about wearing what I think smells good and works with my skin, regardless of who the scent is intended for I will let you know what both myself and my husband think. I am not an Angel fan at all, I should mention, so this might be a miss for me. Fingers crossed!
    I could envision a female rocking PM. It's lighter then A*Men as far as projection goes.

Please report back how it worked out for you

I'm in the camp that thinks women can wear just about whatever they want. I find Pure malt pretty tame.

Well, after about 5 hours together, I am feeling like Pure Malt and I are probably not meant to be. My issue is not that the fragrance is too masculine, its that its just too sweet. More fruit than whiskey. At the risk of offending all the PM lovers out there, I kind of feeling like I am wearing a butched up version of Britney Spears Fantasy or something. I am also not digging the rubber note I keep catching. I also notice the longevity is not great- after hour 4 my husband could hardly smell it. I guess that is a bit of a moot point since I don't exactly care for the fragrance itself. Although I feel the need to own it simply because its no longer in production, (can't help it) I think its going back...

Longevity crummy on me too.

There's women who love tobacco heavy fragrances which to me is the last thing I want to smell on a woman so whiskey would be no problem to pull off as it's not a heavily wooded type whiskey with the berries replacing the wood. I layer Pure Malt with Rocky Mountain Wood and the results are incredible.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

My wife likes Pure Malt and it does smell heavenly on her. The "whiskey" note is an abstract which comes off quite well off her, to my nose (liqueur needs not translate to "man"). The wearer has to like sweet scents though. In spite of the Amouages, Lutens and other niche/classic frags she has, she likes her PR Black XS for Her and V&R Flowerbomb the most.....
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Going by the amount of love there is for this fragrance - if a woman was to wear this, she could take of the world lol

A woman can wear any masculine fragrance.

I usually don't have longevity issues with this. Even after I've had it on all day. Especially once I go to the gym and sweat a little I still smell it.

If Thierry Mugler didn't discontinue it...and if it weren't 200 bucks online...it would be the first on my to buy list. I'm even considering buying pure havane. Angel is really $$$ (I'm just about to finish high school lol) and A*Men 's opening is a bit much.
    I have samples of PM and PH...but I recieved them after PM was discontinued. It's definately one of the best frags I've ever smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    I think it would be sexy on the right woman.
    Agree.