Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 34 of 34
  1. #1

    Default Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    All of a sudden, the once so plentiful and proud Parisiennes line seemed to go down the hill: Attrape Cur and Philtre d'Amour out of production and the masculine "Parisiens" going astray towards square bottled territory. Nuit d'Amour, an exclusive 2006 launch, came to rescue as Parisiennes revival in October 2010, but the line could still only count four feminine fragrances. Too meagre to be called a real collection. Now, yet another former one-off Jean-Paul Guerlain fragrance is installed in the line: Cherry Blossom EdT. It was originally a Japan-only release from 2000, created with green tea, cherry and lemon to celebrate Japan's famous cherry blossom season in April.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Hi Mr. G!

    This was sold briefly in the U.S. I bought mine at Sephora, a very small bottle and it was so light that I went through the bottle in no time.

    I see it for ridiculous prices once in a while on eBay.

    I wished they change the name, so it is not confused with the Aqua Allegoria
    Evenstar

  3. #3
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,346

    Default

    The name is very unimaginative I agree. The line up for Les Parisiennes is somewhat thin.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  4. #4
    nyneve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio
    Posts
    302

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Cherry Blossom was an Aqua allegoria, shots here

    http://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=h...ed=0CDsQ9QEwBw
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    It also was exclusive to duty free in airports for quite sometime. I remember people asking about it on its release in Japan, next thing it was in the duty free shops. The grave yard of boring Guerlains. You always knew if it was in the duty free shops, it really wasn't worth holding its own in department stores.
    DONNA

  6. #6

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    True, except that Vetiver pour Elle and Vol de Nuit Evasion was good and interesting stuff, quite collectible.

    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    You always knew if it was in the duty free shops, it really wasn't worth holding its own in department stores.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    True, except that Vetiver pour Elle and Vol de Nuit Evasion was good and interesting stuff, quite collectible.
    But those never even appeared here in the department stores. Strangely the Cherry Blossom did at one point.
    DONNA

  8. #8

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Does anyone have a photo of the Vetiver Pour Elle as it was sold in the Duty Free stations, before it entered the Les Parisiennes line? I've never seen it other than in a bee bottle. And with the LP line, I have a hard time keeping track of which of these are discontinued -- was Derby discontinued as well?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Does anyone have a photo of the Vetiver Pour Elle as it was sold in the Duty Free stations, before it entered the Les Parisiennes line? I've never seen it other than in a bee bottle. And with the LP line, I have a hard time keeping track of which of these are discontinued -- was Derby discontinued as well?
    This is the original Vetiver Pour Elle presentation Anthony.




    Derby, Chamade Pour Homme and L'Aime d'un Heros are all still in production, but no longer in the Les Parisiens 125ml bee bottles. They have been repackaged for 2011 in the "Arsene Lupin" wood-frame bottles in 100ml sizes. My new 'Derby' is currently on order.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    I really like that print ad for Vetiver Pour Elle - the bottle looks great with the classic Guerlain top. It somehow seems more appropriate than the current bee bottle . . .

  11. #11

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    The Cherry Blossom was indeed from the Aqua Allegoria line. Very pink juice and it was sold in the U.S. A powdery floral, but not as what many young women expect--the scent of the fruit of the cherry.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    This is the original Vetiver Pour Elle presentation Anthony.
    I will always be outraged that Guerlain takes a $65 fragrance and repackages it for $225. Vetiver pour Elle, Derby, Mayotte, Coriolan - I realize that when they become Parisiennes they are 4.2 oz instead of 1.7, but $225? $150 would be fair. Perhaps the Parisiennes line would sell better and not have to be constantly edited/discontinued, if there was a little more perceived value.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    I presume, then, there are *two* Cherry Blossoms?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Indeed, one in the Aqua Allegoria line and the other a limited edition release for Japan. I've seen the limited edition Cherry Blossom parfum on eBay for big bucks $$!

    Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I presume, then, there are *two* Cherry Blossoms?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    There are a number of versions.

    This is the Original version in EDT (left), and in extrait (right) released for the Japanese / Asian market...



    Since then, however, each year a new Cherry Blossom flanker has been launched in Asia, some of which are shown below:



    And this for the Aqua Allegoria line...



    My guess is that the original version is the one to be released in the Les Parisiennes line.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Dimi,

    Thanks for the collage of photos. The first photo looks like it's in the Apres L'Ondee style bottle, yes?

    I'm entirely unfamiliar with cherry blossom fragrances... is this one a pretty straightforward/linear one that shall be released?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Dimi,

    Thanks for the collage of photos. The first photo looks like it's in the Apres L'Ondee style bottle, yes?

    I'm entirely unfamiliar with cherry blossom fragrances... is this one a pretty straightforward/linear one that shall be released?
    Hi Anthony, yes, the original EDT (and also an extrait version) was released in the Louis XVI flacon pictured. The quadrilobe version of the extrait/parfum was launched in several sizes (occasionally 7,5ml bottles decorated with petals appear on the 'bay).

    Im quite sure the straight forward version will be released with Les Parisiennes... its quite citrusy, floral, and with green tea notes that i find delicious.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Thanks Dimi. I look forward to the announcement of the other Les Parisiennes to be released!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Hi Anthony, yes, the original EDT (and also an extrait version) was released in the Louis XVI flacon pictured. The quadrilobe version of the extrait/parfum was launched in several sizes (occasionally 7,5ml bottles decorated with petals appear on the 'bay).

    Im quite sure the straight forward version will be released with Les Parisiennes... its quite citrusy, floral, and with green tea notes that i find delicious.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I will always be outraged that Guerlain takes a $65 fragrance and repackages it for $225. Vetiver pour Elle, Derby, Mayotte, Coriolan - I realize that when they become Parisiennes they are 4.2 oz instead of 1.7, but $225? $150 would be fair. Perhaps the Parisiennes line would sell better and not have to be constantly edited/discontinued, if there was a little more perceived value.
    I miss the days when Guerlain seemed to be becoming the new Coty when their perfumes were available for next to nothing from discounters. I remember buying bottles of Jicky for around 20 euro, and Shalimar, Mitsouko and l'Heure Bleue for even less than that.

    Around 2001 I was in Harrods and they had Derby on sale. I had run out of money so I decided I'd buy it next time -of course when I went back it had disappeared

  20. #20

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    There are a number of versions.

    This is the Original version in EDT (left), and in extrait (right) released for the Japanese / Asian market...



    Since then, however, each year a new Cherry Blossom flanker has been launched in Asia, some of which are shown below:



    And this for the Aqua Allegoria line...



    My guess is that the original version is the one to be released in the Les Parisiennes line.
    Wow, Sorcery, thank you for the images and research!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    This is the original Vetiver Pour Elle presentation Anthony.




    Derby, Chamade Pour Homme and L'Aime d'un Heros are all still in production, but no longer in the Les Parisiens 125ml bee bottles. They have been repackaged for 2011 in the "Arsene Lupin" wood-frame bottles in 100ml sizes. My new 'Derby' is currently on order.
    So they got more expensive and now it comes less ml too? That`s quite bad

  22. #22

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    There are a number of versions.

    This is the Original version in EDT (left), and in extrait (right) released for the Japanese / Asian market...



    Since then, however, each year a new Cherry Blossom flanker has been launched in Asia, some of which are shown below:



    And this for the Aqua Allegoria line...



    My guess is that the original version is the one to be released in the Les Parisiennes line.
    Dimi, there is also this one


  23. #23

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    If they were needing to add a springish flower fragrance to the les parisiennes line, i wished that, instead of this one, they have added l'abeille. I`d like to see it more widely available and would be interesting in wearing it even if it`s on an edp version

  24. #24

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Cherry Blossom Fruity and Cherry Blossom Sparkles ??? - Dude, punch me in the face!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 27th January 2011 at 03:44 PM.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    I have the 30ml Cherry Blossom EDT in the Apres L'ondee extrait bottle that my grandmother gave me. The bottle is gorgeous and I wonder why they choose such an iconic bottle for a crappy fragrance? The bottle is a dabber not the sprayer posted above. The fragrance is kind of like a sweeter Eau d'Hermes without the civet :P

  26. #26
    kumquat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    8,525
    Blog Entries
    98

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Last edited by kumquat; 27th January 2011 at 05:02 PM.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Dimi, there is also this one

    There are 7 or 8 flankers in total Rick, but I didnt have time to trawl the net for them all.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    (double post) deleted
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 28th January 2011 at 12:33 AM.

  29. #29
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    27,059

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    This is perhaps one of my least favorite Guerlain's. Although, I've never smelled the extrait.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  30. #30

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Here are the photos of my bottle.




    It is odd that it is a dabber not a sprayer (for ex. like Purple Fantasy). My guess is because the longevity is crap, it's meant to be splashed on like a typical EDC.

    BTW: How does the extrait compare to the EDT?

  31. #31

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Thats one cute bottle Scent. Guerlain had a tradition (particularly in the 90s, and particularly with the men's scents) of producing splash EDTs as well as sprays - Derby, Heritage, Coriolan, Habit Rouge, Vetiver etc. jardins de bagatelle and many female ones were also made in splash EDTs.

    Im yet to try the original EDT so a comparison is difficult. The extrait is lovely. The green tea aspect I would liken to Bvlgari's Parfumee Eau The Vert Extreme - a good blend of citrus/lemon and tea. Of course the soft florals are delicate, but mesmerising.

  32. #32

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Seeing that bottle makes my heart ache for Apres l'Ondee extrait.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    There are 7 or 8 flankers in total Rick, but I didnt have time to trawl the net for them all.
    I know there it were other, or at least i remember too to have seen more than the two you list. But 7-8? Oh God, this is too much! I don`t understand why brands like Givenchy and Guerlain don`t matter at all to produce flankers like rabbits it it`s for the asian market...

  34. #34

    Default Re: Guerlain's still more meagre Parisiennes line gets Cherry Blossom

    Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I don`t understand why brands like Givenchy and Guerlain don`t matter at all to produce flankers like rabbits it it`s for the asian market...
    The Asian ideology behind perfume (in particular with the Japanese) is very different to the Western one. Guerlain obviously identified their niche and are catering to it. With a new Cherry Blossom flanker produced each year, I would think that they are a roaring success... otherwise they would have been pulled from sale, just as many of our Western flankers are when expectations (fiscal or otherwise) are not realised. I see no harm in what Guerlain have done with the Cherry Blossom franchise. Of course "our" perspectives are very much shaped by the Continent, so our preferences lean more towards the Guerlain classics... a number of which I would imagine are shunned by perfume-sensitive cultures in the East.

Similar Threads

  1. L'Occitane Cherry Blossom
    By bingemoney in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 6th January 2010, 10:30 AM
  2. Help with Cherry Blossom
    By goldiloks in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th November 2009, 09:34 AM
  3. Fragrances similar to BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom?
    By Pebbles in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th November 2006, 03:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000