Code of Conduct

Default Followed some Basenoters Advice

And got some samples and did a bit of testing. Some were meh and some, "Oh my gosh!"

First one:

A*Men by Thierry Mugler: Okay, I get it. I get the fuss! It's sweet, it's warm, it's a bit of everything. I smell some chocolate and the coffee that everyone makes mention of. It's perfect for this time of year I think.

Prada Amber Pour Homme- When I first dabbed, I was like "Um, OK? Is this soap water?" But it smells so fresh. My sister said I smelled like a baby prostitute but I love it lol

Narcisco Rodriguez for Men- Not as dark as I thought it would be, but its pleasant. I like it.

Eau D'Orange- I don't get it. It smells like orange liquid soap and its gone after 10 mins.

La Nuit De L'Homme/L'Homme- I will be adding both to my collection! Both smell so good on my skin I prefer L'Homme a bit more, but both are good!

I have Burberry's London and B*Men to work through next. I will for sure add A*Men to my collection by next week though. Its that damn good IMO. Thanks basenoters for imparting knowledge to a newbie! Really helped a bunch!

Default Re: Followed some Basenoters Advice

I hate baby prostitutes, I wish they'd clean they're act up!
    .Dave J

A*Men by Thierry Mugler: It is perfect this time of year, I would hate to be around anyone wearing this during the summer lol. I can't get past the tar note, on my skin it smells bad.

Prada Amber Pour Homme: I kinda like it, but I'm on the fence whether or not to purchase a bottle.

La Nuit De L'Homme/L'Homme: I prefer La Nuit over L'Homme but both are great fragrances.

Let us know about B*Men, never tried it but I know it sells for cheap on most online retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by xdsjx View Post
    i hate baby prostitutes, i wish they'd clean they're act up!
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    A*Men by Thierry Mugler: It is perfect this time of year, I would hate to be around anyone wearing this during the summer lol. I can't get past the tar note, on my skin it smells bad.

Prada Amber Pour Homme: I kinda like it, but I'm on the fence whether or not to purchase a bottle.

La Nuit De L'Homme/L'Homme: I prefer La Nuit over L'Homme but both are great fragrances.

Let us know about B*Men, never tried it but I know it sells for cheap on most online retailers.
    Yeah, that note is kinda funny to me. I smelled something almost burning and it kind of faded away and I was left with almost a caramel smell. I love the dry down.

And yeah, I think I'll get a bottle of pour homme for spring, but I think its a really nice everyday scent. I wouldn't wear this in dead heat though. I can just imagine me running from the swarm of bees attacking me!

And will definitely be back with my thoughts on B*Men. Wishing I could get my hands on some Pure Malt.

Blog Entries

Where did you find B*Men?
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Gotta love that systematical approach

And by the way, I really like how at this time of the year, after xmas and new year there again is a flood of new members who bring new enthusiasm.

Go for Chanels and Guerlains next, jshin, maybe Chanel might be the better choice at first
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by jshin100 View Post
    Yeah, that note is kinda funny to me. I smelled something almost burning and it kind of faded away and I was left with almost a caramel smell. I love the dry down.

And yeah, I think I'll get a bottle of pour homme for spring, but I think its a really nice everyday scent. I wouldn't wear this in dead heat though. I can just imagine me running from the swarm of bees attacking me!

And will definitely be back with my thoughts on B*Men. Wishing I could get my hands on some Pure Malt.
    A*Men has a wonderful dry down but the top note honestly smelled like ass on me. I love Pure Malt though, works really well on my skin. I hope you get your hands on a bottle or sample, I did a blind buy on it and have no regrets (but that's me).

Grottola, you can get it cheap at fragrancenet for around $37, i'm pretty sure many of the other online places sell it for around the same amount. I'm too scared to blind buy that. I don't want to be stuck with a 3.4 oz bottle if I end up not liking it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jshin100 View Post
    La Nuit De L'Homme/L'Homme- I will be adding both to my collection! Both smell so good on my skin I prefer L'Homme a bit more, but both are good!I will for sure add A*Men to my collection by next week though. Its that damn good IMO.
    You'll be really happy getting full bottles of these. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Where did you find B*Men?
    http://www.amazon.com/Thierry-Mugler...4547630&sr=8-3

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Gotta love that systematical approach

And by the way, I really like how at this time of the year, after xmas and new year there again is a flood of new members who bring new enthusiasm.

Go for Chanels and Guerlains next, jshin, maybe Chanel might be the better choice at first
    Thanks timaru! I remember trying Chanel Allure Homme and didn't really care for it but that was last year and I think my nose has matured a bit. I think I'll work my way through the YSLs and Chanels. They seem to two of the more popular houses and have a lot (especially YSL. Itching to try Live Jazz. Mint?!) to pick from.