Code of Conduct

Default lime - longevity

Could you suggest to me a lime perfume with good longevity?

Default Re: lime - longevity

I finished a bottle of Creed Virgin Island Water last year and I always got a nice lime scent from it. It lasts decently long considering how light and fresh it is. I would definetly purchase it again and always received compliments when I wore it.

Lime by itself doesn't have much longevity. I recently purchased Crabtree and Evelyn's West Indian Lime and whatever modest staying power it possesses doesn't come from the lime. Nonetheless, it's nice stuff. My experience with lime scents is to reapply frequently. I think that's just the "nature" of lime.

- regards
    FOR SALE CHEAP !!.....two blind buys that didn't work for me : 4.2oz CORDUROY by Zirh EDT and 3.4 oz CADILLAC EDT; both like new !

Lime auod.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You may want to sample Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne. Can't speak to the longevity issue, however.
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

Nouveau Bowery lasts a really long time for me and the lime stays throughout
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

La Voile Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Lime by itself doesn't have much longevity. I recently purchased Crabtree and Evelyn's West Indian Lime and whatever modest staying power it possesses doesn't come from the lime. Nonetheless, it's nice stuff. My experience with lime scents is to reapply frequently. I think that's just the "nature" of lime.

- regards
    Not true at all. You just need to search around more.

People think niche fragrances are going to have better longevity all the time because of the alleged higher grade of ingredients. That's a big no no.

As for suggestions though, 2 game to mind. One is like 30 times the price of the other though. That being TF Azuree Lime. It's pretty much a bright fresh lime from beginning to end. Many have longevity problems with it, I think it may just be note fatigue because it's such a linear fragrance. I get a good 6 hours out of it, sometimes more.

Second, is one I can proudly say that I own, it's cheap, and personally, I get fantastic longevity. It is pretty synthetic though, but I'm not gonna complain for 7.99 for 3.4 oz. Dun dun dun.. Gap Individual's The Natural. Notes are pretty simple, bergamot, thyme, lime and vetiver. I pretty much just get lime and a small dose of vetiver. They blend together as one though, and it's pretty linear. Good projection longevity too, I've gotten 12 hours one day. Ya it's lime, but it's not fresh cut limes, it's not niche quality, and it's pretty generic. But, it lasts long, and is very very very safe. Check out your local Marshall's and TJM, where I got mine for 7.99.

I like my lime and don't mean to be disagreeable, but Montale's Aoud Lime is found by many to be somewhat of a misnomer. I suggest reading the reviews and sampling before dropping 3 figures on a blind purchase (assuming you might just do that). Don't get me wrong... I enjoy Aoud Lime enough to own a bottle of it, but when I think LIME -- the unmistakable, unmasked and prominent LIME -- I reach for:
    1. Muelhen 4711 (can be had for maybe $40/27oz)
    2. Royall Lyme of Bermuda Royall Lyme (maybe $10/3oz)
    3. Old Spice Fresh Lime (maybe $40/9oz if you can find it)

These might last up to 3 hours. Might. But to echo Mr. Diamondback, that's the nature of lime, most citrus, and many of the "eau de cologne class". If copious application and/or re-application runs against your grain, you might just be out of luck. I will say, though, I've heard tell that the Brits have this lime thing covered with offerings such as Extract of Limes (1963) by Penhaligon's, Extract of West Indian Limes (1880) by Geo F Trumper, Imperial Lime (2002) by Anglia Perfumery Spiced Limes (1921) by Anglia Perfumery (orig. by Crown Perfumery) etc etc. Maybe some here having experience with those. Your post motivated me to order some samples from Anglia, which will join an untested sample of parfums*PARFUMS series 8 Energy C: Lime (2008) by Comme des Garçons. I am not expecting any remarkable longevity revelations but will come back if so.

One last point: there is a member here (ms. divatologist?) that did a very interesting blog about tips for increased longevity:
    http://www.basenotes.net/entries/244...OD-quot-Part-I
    http://www.basenotes.net/entries/245...D-quot-Part-II
    I've followed some of her basic points about scrubbing and the use of body moisturizer (non-scented for me) to hold fragrance scent longer. I've not tried this, yet, with citrus and other summer scents but perhaps similarly favorable results occur. Don't typically use moisturizer in the summer months but maybe it'd be worth the effort if it means LLL (longer-lasting-lime).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    As for suggestions though, 2 game to mind. One is like 30 times the price of the other though. That being TF Azuree Lime. It's pretty much a bright fresh lime from beginning to end. Many have longevity problems with it, I think it may just be note fatigue because it's such a linear fragrance. I get a good 6 hours out of it, sometimes more.
    +1 on Azuree Lime. It lasts quite well on me, 8+ hrs, although my skin has been known to hold onto citrus notes for a long time somehow. The Tom Ford rep (regional sales manager actually) told me that it was formulated to be a "long-lasting" citrus for people with longevity issues. Doesn't mean I bought it Anyway, at that price point, be sure to test before you buy!

Penhaligon's Extract of Limes has excellent longevity.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I'll have to try Cologneists Azure Lime suggestion. I've mostly found lime and other citrus scents to be pretty fleeting. I love the lime notes in the opening of Virgin Island Water, but in a full wearing, I don't find they last though it is a long lasting scent.

I would suggest sallim give TF Azure Lime a try. Every scent I've tried from his collection does last well.

Azure lime. I have it, tried it and testify to its longevity. But then again I spray about 6 to 9 sprays every time...

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    ...I would suggest sallim give TF Azure Lime a try....
    +2.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

The Virgin Iceland Water will be a good lime choice?
    Does lime remains, although it is a fresh touch?
    Last edited by sailim; 3rd January 2011 at 12:38 PM.

What about Energy C Lime Comme des Garcons?

Comme Des garcons is good, but doesn't last like you want. And I found Ford's Azure Lime simply awful.

If you want Lime to be the total dominant presence and you want decent longevity, steer clear of Trumper's (which is great). Another great one with zero longevity is Guerlain's Imperiale.

As for ones that do indeed last.....Penhaligon's Extract of Limes lasts a while, and has a great Lime top, but has a certain "green nyquil" note in the base that ruins it for me. Both "Lime" Montale scents kind of did the same thing, smelling not all that much like Lime and alot like EDP versions of "cheap aftershave" synthetics. The best Lime soliflore IMHO is Truefitt & Hill's West indian Limes, which is a very fun, energetic Lime scent, which has a base that is substantial enough to last well through the day on clothing....and other than a very slight "wheat/oat" type note in the base, I love every single note in this fragrance.

If you don't mind Lime being the 2nd-star, try Virgin Island Water, which has a coconut base which lasts very well.

[QUOTE=StylinLA;2030987]I'll have to try Cologneists Azure Lime suggestion. I've mostly found lime and other citrus scents to be pretty fleeting. I love the lime notes in the opening of Virgin Island Water, but in a full wearing, I don't find they last though it is a long lasting scent.

I would suggest sallim give TF Azure Lime a try. Every scent I've tried from his collection does last well.[/QUOTE

Tom Ford Private Blend Azure Lime is an excellent choice. It is rich in white musk, patchouli, and lime. I am in love with it. Very green and fun.

[/QUOTE]Tom Ford Private Blend Azure Lime is an excellent choice. It is rich in white musk, patchouli, and lime. I am in love with it. Very green and fun.[/QUOTE]

Does worth the price of the perfume or there are other with same longevity and a lower price?

Tom Ford Private Blend Azure Lime is an excellent choice. It is rich in white musk, patchouli, and lime. I am in love with it. Very green and fun.[/QUOTE]

Does worth the price of the perfume or there are other with same longevity and a lower price?[/QUOTE]
    I believe that it is worth the price. Longevity is great and richness is amazing. I am unfamiliar of a fragrance that has the same greatness with a lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Penhaligon's Extract of Limes has excellent longevity.
    Is it true that last?

Quote Originally Posted by sailim View Post
    Is it true that last?
    On me, Extract of Limes is rather ephemeral; and most scents (including every other Penhaligons I have tested) have good longevity on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post

- regards
    I agree. WIL from CTE is a nice lime with some woods and musk. The woods and musk help carry it further. Perhaps my most loved lime scent is teufit and hill WIL.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Is the coconut that dominates in Virgin Iceland Water than lime?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Nouveau Bowery lasts a really long time for me and the lime stays throughout
    Nouveau Bowery works Great on me also.....I also went to The Bond No.9 site and checked the notes of Central Park!!! Central Park has a Lime note and this lasts on me all day long!!! One of my favorite all around fragrances!!!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268...t=#post2037501

"the best two I've found instead are Malone's Sweet Lime and Cedar or Bond #9's Central Park"
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Dependent

I've not had much luck with lime. Virgin Island Water is a nice tropical lime cocktail. The only other lime I use is Isfarkand (Ormonde Jayne). I recommend it. Lime and pink pepper with some wood. Not the zesty lime scent you might be expecting, but a rather mellow and restrained lime scent that lasts longer than it seems initially. It is a light scent, but not a weak scent. Blooms in warm weather.

I'll +1 Lime Aoud. A muddy lime + aoud scent. The sky is the limit with Montale Aoud combis and surprisingly Lime Aoud works, sniffing from my sample.