Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which is more of a powerhouse?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lapidus Pour Homme

6 40.00%
  • Balenciaga Pour Homme

6 40.00%
  • Both are equal in powerhouse status

3 20.00%

Default Which is more of a powerhouse: LAPIDUS POUR HOMME or BALENCIAGA POUR HOMME?

Both of these frags are so similar, both are brutal powerhouses, but which one wins the prize as the bigger powerhouse?

Me, I think they're equal.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Which is more of a powerhouse: LAPIDUS POUR HOMME or BALENCIAGA POUR HOMME?

Lapidus pour Homme is slightly stronger, IMO, and longer lasting. The strong patchouli, musk and moss in the base strengthen its case a lot. Balenciaga pour Homme is brutal on application and the orange and lime top notes make it much brighter. "Volume" wise, BpH mellows down earlier than LpH.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

AromiErotici

Default Re: Which is more of a powerhouse: LAPIDUS POUR HOMME or BALENCIAGA POUR HOMME?

I voted equal. I would love to see a tester bottle of one of these on a mall department store counter in stark contrast to the current flavors of the month.

What would the reactions be on unsuspecting samplers? Would they dig it.......or run for their lives?

I have to say that Lapidus has an edge on Balenciaga

Lapidus by 30-40% !!

To my nose I would have to say equal.

- regards
    FOR SALE CHEAP !!.....two blind buys that didn't work for me : 4.2oz CORDUROY by Zirh EDT and 3.4 oz CADILLAC EDT; both like new !

Equal.

I haven't tried Balenciaga, but if it is anywhere NEAR Lapidus I need to crawl through broken glass to get to it. Lapidus is a blowtorch; I still have post traumatic stress from my first wearing. Lest that sounds like a complaint, it's not. I dig Lapidus in a big way and haven't tried anything like it, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    I haven't tried Balenciaga, but if it is anywhere NEAR Lapidus I need to crawl through broken glass to get to it. Lapidus is a blowtorch
    Neither have I.

Swanky, for what you just said I gather that you have not tried neither Quorum, nor One Man Show, nor Sung Homme yet, because either of those would leave Lapidus eating dust.

To me BPH hands down. Its dirtied honey edge (or whatever it is) out trumps the weighty pineapple of LPH. I like em both just the same and to think that BPH used to be available and could be had as easy as LPH now... well that just makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    To me BPH hands down. Its dirtied honey edge (or whatever it is) out trumps the weighty pineapple of LPH. I like em both just the same and to think that BPH used to be available and could be had as easy as LPH now... well that just makes me sick.
    Balenciaga pour Homme gets my vote as well.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Wearing BpH as i type. Confirms that LpH is stronger, especially 3+ hours into wearing.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Equal. I think they smell the same too.

I've never smelled Balenciaga but Lapidus Pour Homme has got to be one of the best budget buys and is strong as hell.