Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD: Sunday, 9th January 2011

Good morning all.

My SotD is Penhaligon's Racquets Formula.

Have a great Sunday !.

Default Re: SotD: Sunday, 9th January 2011

Good Morning Jon!
    I am up late today and have decided to wear Ferre by Ferre
    (the Iris one.) Very similar to Iris Poudre and by the same nose,
    Pierre Bourdon.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Vetiver dance Andy Tauer to see if there is a connection between me and vetiver

Basenotes Institution

Morning all!
    Wearing Eau de Soir!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Rocking up my Sunday in Ladyboy by Gorilla Perfumes.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is L'Artisan Timbuktu.

Notes include green mango, pink pepper berries, cardamom, karo karounde flower, smokey incense of papyrus wood, patchouli, myrrh and vetiver.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It is subzeroes again, Guerlain Angelique Noire for me today.

May the rest of your weekend be restful!

A-t’elle croqué dans la pomme? A-t-elle bu un philtre?
    Qu’importe au fond...Elle vibre... Elle est.... Elle aime....

Son parfum ?
    C’est la gourmandise d’un fruit charnu comme ses lèvres... Le pétillement zesté de ses yeux... La douceur musquée de sa peau... L’innocence de la fleur d’oranger et la passion volcanique d’un bouquet de roses rouges...

C’est un tout ... Pour deux...

Le parfum intime d’une femme amoureuse... Mi-rêveuse, mi- inquiète... Et tellement possessive...

Pour tous les moments... Seule et surtout avec lui...

Iris Ukiyoé - Hermes
    Yesterday: Opus I by Amouage

PdN Sacrebleu on this wintry morning.

Basenotes Plus

Krigler Lovely Patchouli

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Today I'm wearing an incense that I have postponed wearing for over a year because it's a limited edition and I can't find it anywhere So finally, I was like SCREW IT!!! And then I raped the hell out that atomizer hahahaha!!! Perfume is meant to be worn and enjoyed, so what good does it do in the bottle!

Oh, the fragrance is D'humeur a Rien by L'artisan Parfumeur. It's similar to Passage d'Enfer but without its equally haunting lily-of-the-valley note and has more damp, creepy moldy incense. Sort of a cross between Avignon and Messe de Minuit.

Hello everyone!

I'm in Yves Rocher's Rose Absolute this morning. ♥♥♥

Good for you scent - it should be enjoyed! The restraint you exercised for over a year is miraculous! When I have a new bottle of perfume, that perfume is my only priority - I do nothing else until it's on my wrist!

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Today I'm wearing an incense that I have postponed wearing for over a year because it's a limited edition and I can't find it anywhere So finally, I was like SCREW IT!!! And then I raped the hell out that atomizer hahahaha!!! Perfume is meant to be worn and enjoyed, so what good does it do in the bottle!
    scent - I heartily concur!

Chant d'Aromes for AM. Haven't worn this one for probably 6 months. That's so sad.

Have a relaxing day, fragrant ones!

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Good Morning Everyone. SOTD is Chanel's 'COCO MADEMOSEILLE'

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Eau de Parfum

Smile Re: SotD: Sunday, 9th January 2011

LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

summer means fireflys

It's a BIG football day around here! The Chiefs are in the playoffs! I'm wearing Bandit, 'cuz it goes with football and beer so well.

Have a great day, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post

Good for you scent - it should be enjoyed! The restraint you exercised for over a year is miraculous! When I have a new bottle of perfume, that perfume is my only priority - I do nothing else until it's on my wrist!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    scent - I heartily concur!
    Tell me about it! I plan to wear more of my treasured "for that special moment" frags this year! The hell with it hahaha!!!
    Now where did I put that 2ml vintage Shalimar parfum decant?!

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Annick Goutal Eau du Sud.

Just off on a short flight to Queenstown ^^^ - back Thursday. Take care all.

I'm in a particularly hallowed scent today, Hermes Caleche Eau Delicate. Now I'm aware that this fragrance has "underwhelmed" scent aficionados. Indeed, I guess mostly everyone, as it has been discontinued. However, when I first sniffed this fragrance, I had "the scent epiphany". This particular creation spoke to me (still does ) in such a personal and profound way, and it was at that moment, that I went from being a wearer of perfume to whatever it is that we all are...enlightened, obsessed, deliriously in love with fragrance. Shortly thereafter, I found Basenotes. So, I guess I'd call this my turning point fragrance.
    Notes: aldehydes, jasmine, rose, black currant, mandarin, sandalwood and cedar.

Have a great day!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

SotE is a very well constructed concoction of Roses and Oud that doesn't smell band-aid-y... :P Brécourt's Agaressence... Might be FBW...

Hello everyone Today has been a work day. Really hard to get up this morning,but I had a looooong nap after I got home Sotd was Cuir Mauresque. All I get from that scent is a very soft suede leather note and a transparent orange note. I don't get much spice,just a touch of cumin maybe. What is this scent suppose to smell like? SotE is Coco edp.

Hey y'all -

Rose Absolute is lovely, but it lacks tenacity. I'm in Dolce Vita now.

pomander - thanks for sharing your epiphany story! I'm sure everyone reading it can relate to that particular excitement and is fondly recalling their own. I have a few actually, but I think my first experience with Chamade was probably my most dramatic. That was about thirty years ago, but I remember it like it happened yesterday.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Sunday, 9th January 2011

Sel Marin

by

James Heeley

( from samples )
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

SOTD is Lancome's Sikkim. As their Cuir is an utterly correct leather scent, this is a correct chypre. No faradiddles with peaches or roses or anything else, it is a simple and elegant exercise in the chypre form. Like sitting in a straight-backed chair can sometimes feel more comfortable than sitting on a squashy sofa, this is an exercise in restraint and uprightness that is quietly sensual. I love it, but like so many chypres, I must be in the mood.

Today I am in the mood.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Today I wore Vintage Charlie perfume -much softer mellower form compared to the brighter,louder cologne in the vintage or the not as nice reformulation.

Wore Eclat d'Arpege early this morning for 8 a.m. church service.

This afternoon I'm in Eau de Joy edp.

Basenotes Plus

Some beautifully expressed thoughts on this thread today...

Maubousin's Histoire D'Eau is my pick of the day.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

No scent until almost noon for me, but my Magnolia Nobile was STILL slightly there during my AM tennis (almost 24 hours later). So now I'm clean, but tired, and smelly like a drunk lady of the evening in my PdE Ambre Russe. I'm quite sure this will be it for the day, as I'll still be smelling this in the morning - another long lasting one.

Blog Entries

I was wearing Clinique Happy yesterday for a fun night with friends, so I continued on with it for some house cleaning. I'll keep going at it and then shower and pick a sample to try on.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Lessa, 1000 ~~~ Oh, yeah~~~ Oh, yeah.

Boucheron yesterday. Sel de Vetiver today.

Regarding yesterday's two seminars:
    Thanks for invisible support, Lilybelle. Thanks for feigned or real interest, everybody. And thanks, Evangeline, for providing an unintentional punchline … Although most of those attending were seeing my program for the first time, a couple would have to sit through a second viewing. Before giving the control booth the high sign to start my DVD, I said something to the effect that I promised my material would be entertaining and at least better than having to sit through a baby shower. I could not believe the loud and howling reaction out of both men and women. Are baby showers the yardstick by which we measure how low we must sink to meet societal pressures?

So, how was that b-shower, E?

What a nice caption to your Caleche Eau Delicate moment, Pomander.

"Muppets from Space" was on Antenna TV recently, so I took a pic of Miss Piggy spraying Mind Mist for my avatar. The formulation was concocted by Dr. Bunsen Honeydew; it renders people compliant.

“Be well” wishes to all here, their loving partners, and their dear pets.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm in Penhaligon's Anthology Night Scented Stock (from a sample) at the moment, after starting out (inspired by Lessa) in the fleeting but pretty Guerlain Chant d'Aromes this morning, then giving a decant I saved of Equipage another try this afternoon. The Equipage hasn't got as "clovey" a carnation as I remembered when testing My Sin extrait yesterday but isn't a scent for me, so no regrets in having swapped it.

The Night Scented Stock is very pretty and the clove/cinnamon aren't strong (of course right now I'm sipping a tea with ginger, cinnamon, and other spices so it's tricky to figure out whether it's the tea or the scent!).
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Zaharoff Pour Homme
    Gary

I'm scent twins with cello today in Ambre Russe. I'm doing a sort of trial run from a sample, thinking this might be my next purchase, as amber seems to be my desired note o' the moment. Amber is seriously tenacious on me, and this one has the touch of sweet I require to keep it from being too sharp and camphor-y. The booziness gives it a heat and depth my current paramour, Amber Ylang-Ylang, doesn't have, so this one, unlike AYY, is probably going to be relegated to only the coldest and coziest days (because there is nothing better for such a day than the permeating warmth amber has the capability to supply.) A year or so ago, Tao wrote about it, likening it to being wrapped up in a sable, next to a cossack driving a dogsled... really, her post was deliciously tempting. I wish I could find it, because that is what prompted me to try Ambre Russe in the first place. It is supposed to have a leather note, as well. I look forward to its appearance on me, but if it doesn't happen, it is really all the same... So far, I like this one.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD: Sunday, 9th January 2011

Vent Vert by Pierre Balmain (1990 version by Calice Becker).

Jon Rodgers, what a beautiful photo! And Eau du Sud sounds like the perfect summer travelling scent. I love that one!

Most of you will giggle at this, but I have never tried Acqua di Gio. So that is my SotD. You know, it isn't half bad! Tonight, I will strive to find something more sophisticated. :-)

Inspired by 30 Roses and her beautiful rose perfume sampler, I'm in a rather lavish amount of Une Rose tonight. Have a good evening everyone!

Quarry - that's awesome, and I'm honored! I'm so glad it went well and I do wish I had been there. The shower was loud and long and silly, but there was lots of very fattening food and a good amount of booze too, and the ladies were very nice so the ordeal was almost tolerable ..."almost" due to the games (!) we were all "encouraged" to participate in (...which even the booze failed to help! )

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dunhill Edition tonight

Evangeline that is one beautiful painting of a rose!
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

31 Rue Cambon (Chanel)

Vero Profumo Onda.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Institution

Quarry - I love that dancing banana gif !

In Mitsouko EDP now. The Starbucks barista whom I see most mornings is deeply in love with Mitsouko - thanks to me ! *LOL* He really wants some Mitsouko for himself now...............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.