Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb The Grass Is Always Greener....

Yes, it seems in life that " the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence ", but the grass is just as green in Pierre Balmain's ( 1990 Calice Becker version ) of Vent Vert. Chanel No. 19 having been undone by its reformulation leaves us with a very capable Vent Vert, which I have always liked since I first sniffed it. There is much conversation about the first formulation, but I like the Calice Becker formulation and have stalked my fragrance cellar accordingly as it is suitable for men as well as the ladies. Like the phrase " the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" meaning that it is human nature to seek or more or better, I think I have found that Vent Vert on this side of the fence is just grand and quite affordable. If one is looking for a green fragrance, look no further than Vent Vert. Very nice bottle with green grass flowing in the wind cap.

Review noting all three versions of Vent Vert:

http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...vent_vert.html
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 10th January 2011 at 12:29 AM.

Default Re: The Grass Is Always Greener....

N_Tesla,
    I have never tried Vent Vert because all I seem to read is how great it used to be and now it is really a nothing frag. I will try some when I can. I love green fragrances. Thanks.

Blog Entries

carolina girl; There were three formulations of Vent Vert. It is the last formulation that does not live up to expectations IMO. Read the review at:
    http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...vent_vert.html

Find the Calice Becker formulation (still available, take note of bottle configuration). I think you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina girl View Post
    N_Tesla,
    I have never tried Vent Vert because all I seem to read is how great it used to be and now it is really a nothing frag. I will try some when I can. I love green fragrances. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Find the Calice Becker formulation (still available, take note of bottle configuration). I think you will like it.
    I agree. I also own Vent Vert in this formulation and it is quite nice, one of my favorite green fragrances. As N_Tesla says, just avoid the latest version and you are okay.

Thanks, N_T and noggs!

I have a decant someone sent me. I don't know what formulation it is, but I like it. I never knew the original so I don't know what I'm missing. Just as well.