Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Looking past winter into the warmer upcoming months! Warmer favorite and to buy list this year.

I'm at the point where I will only be buying two more "cold" weather scents which will be Givenchy Play Intense and maybe Bond No.9 New Harlem.

But with the warmer months coming up fast I plan on picking up a few things to add to my spring/summer line-up.
    For instance I will be buying at least 1 Niche scent that is kind of not worth the longevity lol such as Bigarade Concentree or Virgin Island Water.

But what is your favorite scent to wear in the heat?

And

What is on your spring/summer buy list for this year?
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Default Re: Looking past winter into the warmer upcoming months! Warmer favorite and to buy list this year.

Since it's pouring snow here today, I have to jump on this "looking forward to warm weather" thread. Current favorite scent to wear in heat is Acqua di Parma Colonia. On my spring/summer buy list: back-up bottle of Creed Green Valley.

Default Re: Looking past winter into the warmer upcoming months! Warmer favorite and to buy list this year.

I always wear Creeds Original Vetiver and Live Jazz in the hot Summer months.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at Rose 31, Versace l'homme, re-up on Silver Mountain Water and Milliseme Imperial.

There are a couple others I want to try like Aramis Bermuda Tonic, Sycomore, Aventeus and a few Amouages.

As for my favorites to wears in the summer - Aramis Havana and Creed MI

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at Eau de Cologne Imperiale by Guerlain, Eau de Cologne du Coq by Guerlain, Vetiver Oriental by S Lutens, Gris Clair. I just recently purchased Eau de Guerlain. Most of my frags in my collection are mostly cold weather frags. So I woud like to follow this thread and look at other suggestions.
    Last edited by volley2; 11th January 2011 at 12:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

My new summer fragrances will be 2 of the following 3: CREED Virgin Island Water, Bigarade Concentree, and Guerlain Homme.

I already have Chanel Allue Homme Sport, Bleu de Chanel, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, and Sean John Unforgiveable, so I think 2 of these will flesh out the collection icely.
    The Lyor Cohen of Dior Homme, that's Dior Homme, not Dior homey

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very very interested in Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (not sure if it works well on spring /summer but I don't care) and Rosissimo by Les Parfums de Rosine
    Also I want Osmanthus Interdite by Parfum d`Empire for my wife (It seems she likes it enough to buy buy a bottle) .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hm, looking into VE by Malle, maybe Piper Nigrum by Villoresi and (unlikely though) even a creed.
    Smellin good

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aw, how could I forget, the very first purchase once the temperature goes up will definitely be the incredibly georgeous

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. JCE at his BEST!

Smellin good

To buy for spring/summer

Concentre d'Orange Verte
    Hammam Bouquet
    Hypnose Pour Homme

I also got Kenzo Power Cologne ordered, just waiting for it to arrive yaay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    But what is your favorite scent to wear in the heat?

And

What is on your spring/summer buy list for this year?
    Warm weather favorites: Allure Homme Sport and YSL L'Homme

Warm weather buy list: Fahrenheit Summer

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Looking to buy: None

Good ones to wear:

YSL Live Jazz
    Guy Laroche Horizon
    Aramis New West for Him
    Hugh Parsons (Blue)
    Mugler Cologne
    CDG Vettiveru
    Puro Lino
    Calypso Christiane Celle Marine
    YSL Kouros/Kouros Fraicheur/Kouros Cologne Sport
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I like wearing virgin island water or millesime imperial and I will have to buy silver mountain water or aventus next.

I am hoping to pick up a bottle of Burberry Summer 2009 edition

Mugler Cologne

My warmer weather to buy list this year is Jean Marie Farina, Guerlain Homme L'Eau, and then either YSL PH or another fresh green scent to go with the couple I already have, which fresh green, right now I have no idea!
    Last edited by andym72; 11th January 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I second the mentions above of Acqua di Parma Colonia and Chanel Sycomore

Post Thanks / Like

Love to wear:
    Tommy Bahama St Barts
    Bond No 9 Central Park
    Bond No 9 Fire Island

Will probably purchase:
    Bond No 9 Coney Island (when St Barts bottle runs out)
    Creed VIW

Central Park and Coney Island by Bond No.9.....Green Valley by Creed.....Gio of Course.....Aqua Motu.....Polo Black and Polo Blue.....Acqua di Parma Colonia and Assoluta!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Bulgari Aqua
    Terre de Hermes
    Live Jazz
    Allure Sport
    XS

Post Thanks / Like

Probably just Creed Virgin Island Water. I have everything else I need/want.

What ever I like. The seasons normally don't dictate what I do/don't wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Xephon23 View Post
    Terre de Hermes
    Im still considering picking this one up, as well. Does TdH work in both cooler and hotter months?

Post Thanks / Like

For warmer weather, I wear:
    AdP Colonia Assoluta
    SL Arabie
    CdG Sequoia
    MPG Route du Vetiver
    TDC Rose Poivree

I want to buy C&Z Cuba and Neroli

Post Thanks / Like

My "warm weather scents"... L'homme, acua di gio, Versace man eau fraiche, bvlgari aqua, and prada amber. But living in Florida it's hot 10 months/year so I'm not afraid to wear anything I want in the heat. Maybe a different application method, but I definitely don't shy away from the heavier stuff in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorites for the Atlanta heat are CDG Soda, Creed Original Vetiver, Smell Bent Mocktail and Montale Boise Fruite.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears".

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Neil Morris Takashimaya, Vero Profumo Mito, Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Aventus, Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (vintage), Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Opus Oils Mother EDP, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Slumberhouse Jeke, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud & Xerjoff Gao

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can't wait to give Chergui a test run in the summer.

Now that I've got Mugler Cologne I'll be rocking that

Ice*Men may get a redemption after a long hibernation

Hanae Mori...can't wait to try that in the heat

A*Men, just less sprays

and Rochas Man seems promising in the heat, since it sucks in the cold

Wings For Men will be brought back for a short time

I might spring on ADG if I can get it at a good price

Cartier Declaration L'Essence
    Amouage Declaration
    considering YSL L'Homme, Marc Jacob's Bang, and Tauer L'aDDM

Azzaro Chrome
    Chanel Allure Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Cartier Declaration L'Essence
    Amouage Declaration
    considering YSL L'Homme, Marc Jacob's Bang, and Tauer L'aDDM
    I think you meant Amouage Reflection

If you're going to check out Amouage, be sure to check out Ciel Man, too. It's one of my all time favorite summer scents.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

As it stands I have Polo Blue.

Hoping to pick up one of the following: Cool Water, Essenza di Zegna, Zegna Z, Allure Homme Sport, Versace PH, YSL L'Homme
    Hard to pick one

Post Thanks / Like

To buy: MFK Absolute pour le Matin, Amouage Ceil.
    Possible to buy: Creed Silver Mountain Water
    In house: Prada Infusion de Vetiver, Aventus, Gendarme, L'air du desert marocain, others.
    Summer oddity: Creed MI with an overlay of GIT and a re-overlay of MI. It's worth about 10 hours of fairly linear excellence followed by the usual GIT final drydown.

In the PacNW, we get very little true summer weather so when it comes, we have to use our dedicated summer frags almost all the time.

If we get some genuine heat again this year, say 100+, I'll have to give Amouage's Epic Man, Memoir Man, and Jubilation XXV a whirl to see how they pull off the frankincense in the heat.

It's going to be a good summer folks, it's going to be a good summer.

I'll definitely be sporting Joop! Nightflight a lot during the summer.

Looking to buy: Creed Erolfa, Kouros Fraicher (If I can find it!), and the overlooked Lacoste Elegance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm interested in looking at Guerlain Homme L'Eau, Guerlain Cologne du Parfumeur, the new Bulgari Aqua Toniq flankers, Bond no.9 Coney Island, and a few others. I'll have to try Amouage Ciel and Arcus. I'll be wearing my Aventus FOR SURE. Also will be wearing my TDC de Bachmakov.

@volley2 - Eau de Cologne Imperiale is amazing in the heat - the hotter, the better. Short-lived, but great way to start the day.

@FragDeck - TdH is good in the summer - I like it - but it's too much for some people. It can get cloying if you're marginal on the "orange" aspect (people who complain about the "rotten orange" thing are the ones who often find it tough in summer). It really projects well and the woody notes just come out singing. I have fond memories of TdH on hot days, but YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like

A back up Philtre d'Amour and the new Guerlain Homme L'Eau are in my sights.

Also Aventus if it turns up here and still smells like the Creed sample I have in hand.

Fallbacks and strongly recommended for 30c+

Eau de Guerlain & Eau du Coq
    AdP Colonia
    Cologne du Parfumeur
    HdP 1725
    Geranium Pour Monsieur
    Madragore

How can I not mention - oh wait, I guess, as I feel compelled to and am actually writing this post, I in fact, can't not mention - L'Artisan's Navegar. Salty sea spray, limes, cedar and pepper and a beautiful frankincense note. This is going to be a summer staple for me. It's almost an aquatic, but is far woodier and spicier than what one would typically call an aquatic; a woody aquatic, I guess, although that label sounds kind of lame.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

IMO Creed is the ultimate "spring & summer" company. My favourites are:

Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Aventus

-Maby I will by a new bottle of Erolfa

Warm weather .. I'll be wearing Bigarade Concentree , Rossisimo and maybe Himalaya ( bit of a U turn on that one but the jury is still out :? ) . I deffo need some lighter stuff going on for the warmer months