Code of Conduct

Default The Fragrances of Mark Buxton

Greetings Friends

Is anyone familiar with the fragrances from the House of Mark Buxton? Do you like any of them? He has his own line and was also a perfumer for Givenchy, Versace, Burberry, Cartier, and others, is probably best known for his long association with Comme des Garcons. I have not sampled any of the fragrances from his personal line yet.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Sur la Plage

Default Re: The Fragrances of Mark Buxton

I enjoy Black Angel and Around Midnight.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I think my first niche samples were Buxtons some million years ago
    Hot leather is nice, a warm, floral leather that is easier to enjoy than, say, Ottoman. Quite tame, though.
    Around midnight is aewsome. Minty, incensy, like a better done mb03.
    What was BA like again, petruccijc? I remember it as sweet rasperry sherbet powder, no?

Thats for the reminder, I urgently need to retest.
    Smellin good

Of what I smelled I was not impressed with any.

I have always been curious about these produced for his own fragrance house, as I enjoy most everything he's created.

Isn't Hot Leather extremely similar to Cuir Amethyste?

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I've sampled Black Angel and Nameless. Close to buying Nameless.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

I have a strange relationship with Hot Leather... bought it at once when I tested it in the shop, loved it madly in the beginning, moved away with every wearing and now applied it two nights ago (after a while) and was quite beguiled. It has a slightly vulgar vibe in the beginning and smells wonderful when drying down. I think it captures the picture / the idea of the scent really well.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    I think my first niche samples were Buxtons some million years ago
    Hot leather is nice, a warm, floral leather that is easier to enjoy than, say, Ottoman. Quite tame, though.
    Around midnight is aewsome. Minty, incensy, like a better done mb03.
    What was BA like again, petruccijc? I remember it as sweet rasperry sherbet powder, no? Thats for the reminder, I urgently need to retest.

Black Angel
    Eau de Parfum
    by Mark Buxton

The Scoop
    Black Angel creator Mark Buxtons intentions for this perfume is a stranger in a strange land feel, an Englishman in New York. Zesty and familiar notes of bergamot, citrus, mandarin and orange are the opening notes of this piece, while herbs and spices like ginger, coriander and nutmeg lend intrigue. The subtle touches of jasmine and a powdery orris root are soft and rich, and we especially liked the masculine and warm base of stryax, guaiac wood and patchouli. Black Angels name is almost misleading; its not dark or brooding, but rather classy and elegant while remaining totally friendly and approachable.
    Black Angel Notes
    citrus, bergamot, mandarin, orange, rosemary, ginger, cardamom, coriander, nutmeg, jasmine, lily of the valley, orris, styrax, guaiac, patchouli

From Luckyscent.com
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

I sampled a few of his... they were all ok, clearly there was some sort of house style that i can't quite explain. all were fairly 'complex' and well blended, but not that intrinsically interesting, nor did i find they lasted very long or projected well. sort of a very mediocre series. Hot leather was one of the more interesting ones, and i think there was another one that was sort of leathery which i liked but nowhere near enough to buy a bottle (edit, it's 'around midnight'). and call me crazy but the bottle shape is awkward to spray from, just saying.

there was some sort of vetiver/wood one that was pretty boring, and then one called english breakfast which i was hoping would be some sort of black tea, but no, it's an englishman in japan (wha?), so it smells more like bois 1920 sushi imperial and ambre narguile, sort of a sweet fatty salmon thing... and not particularly well done considering it's already out there.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 12th January 2011 at 03:04 AM.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads